_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 728 729 [730] 731 732 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5932893 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #10935 on: December 08, 2012, 11:15:11 pm »

Time to PANIC!

((Hrmm. I wonder.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10936 on: December 08, 2012, 11:31:48 pm »

Fine. Safety measures of some kind, presumably.
Use one of the computers in the room to search the Net for a good digital library.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10937 on: December 09, 2012, 04:11:00 am »

Time to PANIC!

((Hrmm. I wonder.))

You wish you had your towel!

Fine. Safety measures of some kind, presumably.
Use one of the computers in the room to search the Net for a good digital library.
Any specific subject? We've got hundreds of planets worth of writing around so unless you just feel like idly perusing a few trillion books, you may want to narrow that search.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #10938 on: December 09, 2012, 05:31:35 am »

Just make it a direct conversion for now, fancying the game up can come later.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10939 on: December 09, 2012, 05:48:08 am »

Look for the classics of the old Earth (Seneca, Shakespeare, Nietzsche, etc.) as well as classic books of other major worlds of humanity (both of modern times and the past, if the latter is possible, given the Altered Wars and all). Plus a few works from Altair IV, I like Latin.
Also, check the date. Expect the worst. Stay positive.
Let's see... two hundred years? Four? A millenium?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10940 on: December 09, 2012, 06:42:30 am »

respawn civilian then pull right arm off to see reaction.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10941 on: December 09, 2012, 09:40:09 am »

Panic over. Wait and be a tree.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10942 on: December 09, 2012, 02:04:53 pm »

Take the next man down as well.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10943 on: December 09, 2012, 06:30:04 pm »

Just make it a direct conversion for now, fancying the game up can come later.
[aux:4+1]
Welp, that goes so perfectly and effortlessly that it's actually rather boring. 

Look for the classics of the old Earth (Seneca, Shakespeare, Nietzsche, etc.) as well as classic books of other major worlds of humanity (both of modern times and the past, if the latter is possible, given the Altered Wars and all). Plus a few works from Altair IV, I like Latin.
Also, check the date. Expect the worst. Stay positive.
Let's see... two hundred years? Four? A millenium?
Few problems. I don't know about this world named after Assassin's creed man. Or why they would be speaking a language thats dead now, let alone this far in the future.

That and dates. See, there is no universal standard time keeping method, every society is different, keeping track with anything from the time it takes for their planet to rotate around the sun to the phases of a moon to strange base 10 systems reliant upon atomic  clock in which a "day"  is defined as 10 to the 20th vibrations of a cesium atom. You're going to have a very hard time finding a time scale and then relating it to your own concepts of time.

respawn civilian then pull right arm off to see reaction.

His reaction is "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Panic over. Wait and be a tree.

You are a tree. A tree you are. You have accepted your leafy fate. You are one with the universe. You yawn. Being a tree is boring.

Wait...you yawned. You look down and your hands are hands again. And you can move. Oh, well thats ok too.

Take the next man down as well.
[dex:2]
[man dex:5]

[man dex:1]
[dex:2]

The man swings the butt of his rifle at you while you try to reposition yourself to take a swing at him, but you both end up tangling and falling to the ground.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10944 on: December 09, 2012, 06:50:24 pm »

((You're thinking of the character Altaïr (pronounced all-tie-ear) from AC, but Nik was talking about the star system Altair (Alpha Aquilae, pronounced all-tear), specifically, the fourth planet of such. Which happens to be the home planet of both of my characters so far.))
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 08:03:28 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10945 on: December 09, 2012, 07:52:53 pm »

Throw him off of me back towards the door and shoot or slash him, whichever is easier.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10946 on: December 09, 2012, 08:37:40 pm »

"I'm a real man now! No more of that booze for me."

Check to see if the hallucinations are over.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10947 on: December 09, 2012, 10:14:21 pm »

((You're thinking of the character Altaïr (pronounced all-tie-ear) from AC, but Nik was talking about the star system Altair (Alpha Aquilae, pronounced all-tear), specifically, the fourth planet of such. Which happens to be the home planet of both of my characters so far.))
((This. ))
Damn the Magisters and their staff who still cannot impose a single universal date system. How can they strive for efficient governing without that? It's almost like they don't want to. Maurice chuckled and yawned as he resumed his quest for literature.
Past Sigs

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10948 on: December 10, 2012, 01:18:00 am »

((This. ))
Damn the Magisters and their staff who still cannot impose a single universal date system. How can they strive for efficient governing without that? It's almost like they don't want to. Maurice chuckled and yawned as he resumed his quest for literature.

Ok. I still know nothing about this planet that is suspiciously similarly named to Assassin's creed man. If Maurice wants books and stuff from there I need to know a little bit about it, otherwise I'm just gonna make things up based on what little I know, substituting knowledge and understanding with sarcasm and wit. At this point this would entail naming every major city after major video game characters with their names slightly altered.

I mean, if you want all the great works of the city of "Donkie Cong" I can sure do that, but just realize what horrors await you.

"I'm a real man now! No more of that booze for me."

Check to see if the hallucinations are over.
They seem to be. Everything is back to norma....well, how it was.

Throw him off of me back towards the door and shoot or slash him, whichever is easier.
[dex:1]
[man dex:4]
[man str:2]
The man conks you very lightly on the cheek with the butt of his rifle while yelling "OH YOU BRUTE! YOU RUFFIAN!"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10949 on: December 10, 2012, 01:19:11 am »

(Do that for the lulz anyway Piecewise, I know you want to. :3)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 728 729 [730] 731 732 ... 2101