_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 715 716 [717] 718 719 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5929471 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #10740 on: November 29, 2012, 04:27:20 pm »

((I think Piecewise said he sounded like a mix between Darth Vader, and the Microsoft computer voice. Or that was Jim and the other brobots.))
((I think this was a joke from some of the players. Actually, less sure now. Gimme a moment...

Ahh, that was Thrakor, not Steve.

Also Darth Vader's voice saying "This is some dope shit, Brosephus" made my day.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10741 on: November 29, 2012, 04:42:32 pm »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10742 on: November 29, 2012, 04:47:18 pm »

((looks funny. wish I as aroudn when it was on tv.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10743 on: November 29, 2012, 05:13:43 pm »

((Oh Thrak, you lovable misfit.  That does remind me of this glorious bit:

Thrak runs to the intersection to meet the team.

"Yo bros, I had a thought.  Why don't one or two of us get high so we can see everything?"  He looks around.  "Dude must know we're after him, so we should see if we can spot him moving.  Anything moving outside that isn't us gets blasted.  Milno, you got your jets, ya dig?"

Thrak frowns.

"What if he's watching us now?"
You walk up and say your speech, grabbing the edges of your preserved face and stretching the mouth down into a frown. Everyone around you takes a simultaneous step backwards.

))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10744 on: November 29, 2012, 05:18:30 pm »

((Oh man, that. That was indeed glorious.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10745 on: November 29, 2012, 10:24:30 pm »

Contiue rading and learn!

"Interesting."
You continue to be mildly radioactive, but it doesn't seem to teach you anything. How odd.

"Nearly there. I can almost see clearly. Just gotta test something."

Remove goggles, open good eye and keep the bad eye shut. Observe medbay. Any changes in vision in the good eye?

((I think that was the answer.))
Your good eye still seems to be fine, it's vision unchanged. Well, thats helpful.

Suddenly Maurice felt a thousand times warmer and closer to Steve, and even... amazed and interested? - for the first time he could ever see a true person behind the green voice, no less deep and developed than any 'natural' human he's ever encountered. Perhaps there is some very hard and substantial truth in Brother Lars's words, in addition to the Higher one... I should certainly talk to him about this event - now, on ship or elsewhere? We'll see...
He stood silent for a moment.
...Say, Steve, how much brain matter is required to make an AI about hundredth as good as you?

Turning to the Armory Master Maurice replied: I'm sorry, got a little distracted. I see the wisdom in your words. Down to the last few questions then: Are there any good ways to streamline and speed up the use of the field manipulators? For instance, like installing some kind of direct neural interface to read and input numbers at the speed of thought - now I know that it's the niche of the amps, but I'm just somewhat uncomfortable with the idea of doing the required mental work not consciously, in a controlled manner. Oh, and perhaps - what amp(s) would you advise for a field manipulators user (as a backup weapon or something)?

Now, the bet.
On the one hand, they have Milno and a few other veterans. On the other hand, there are quite a few names which I don't recognise, plus being a veteran doesn't make one competent. Moreover a team twice larger than I've seen means they are expecting losses. Still, by the grace of Mistress... and luck... and competence of the medics on the team, -

Steve, how about three tokens on 'two to four deaths'?
Just come back all of you without a scratch. Please.
Talk.

>I hope you're not trying to replace me.

"Using a field manipulator with your mind? What a novel thought" she says, gesturing wildly at the Amps on the armory list.

>Sorry, but I need a more concrete bet, a hard number.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10746 on: November 29, 2012, 10:25:50 pm »

(( I've always thought Steve to have an English accent. Seemed fitting.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10747 on: November 29, 2012, 10:29:01 pm »

"Excellent. My plan is working?"

Don the goggles once more, and close my eyes. Observe the Doc. Will the goggles allow me to see the layers of another human?

((MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10748 on: November 30, 2012, 12:42:10 am »

Yeah, as I said, I know that using the field manipulator with mind is pretty much what an amp does, I'd just prefer to run the calculations consciously if that were possible. Or, well, just anything to speed up their use. Maurice smiled apologetically. And also, I'm sorry, what amp would you recommend as a secondary weapon? Just the microwave one as the most basic/cheapest/etc., or perhaps there is something with a unique set of applications, unmatched by any field manipulator - as it happens to be with the kinetic shunt and the amps, I presume?

Well then, Steve, if you insist... Two tok- ahem. Just like that time.I'd like to reconsider the implications for a moment or two, if you don't mind a small delay.
And no, I'm nowhere near thinking about replacing you, it's just... I think I'd like to try creating a small AI myself. We are not forbidden to do that, are we?

Continue talking.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10749 on: November 30, 2012, 05:57:54 am »

((wha? Oh. Spelling error.))
Try to learn from the book. Again.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 07:57:05 am by Tavik Toth »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10750 on: November 30, 2012, 07:54:08 am »

(( I've always thought Steve to have an English accent. Seemed fitting.))
((Yeah me too. A snarky Englishman heard through old speakers.))

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10751 on: November 30, 2012, 10:27:03 am »

Get out of the mode. Go to the AM and ask some tips about amps and weaponry.

Can you give any tips about amps in general? How much time we need to rest after excessive usage? Is there a way to use a dead body's brain to create a simple robot that uses amps to be controlled by me?

((@PW: I know one of the bonuses was from my chance of +1 to Exotic, but how about the other one? Was it because Renen is getting used to switching the mode on?))
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10752 on: November 30, 2012, 11:58:42 am »

((I thought he would sound rather average, but incredibly bored.))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #10753 on: November 30, 2012, 12:21:36 pm »

"Okay, I know chances are slim to meet these guys, but it seems a bit counterproductive to basically make it up when. Might as well go for completely random in that case. Oh, well, another time maybe."

Exit VR, watch TV a bit. Light a normal cig as well.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10754 on: November 30, 2012, 06:16:10 pm »

((Wonder what the cube does. apart from turn people into gloop stuff.))
Pages: 1 ... 715 716 [717] 718 719 ... 2101