_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 714 715 [716] 717 718 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5930185 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #10725 on: November 29, 2012, 12:40:07 pm »

((Speaking of which, Lars was thinking of you when he was reading up on the Medic Pantheon.  Perhaps the two of you can have a nice chat when he gets back.))

((PPE:  Helpful.  I saw it, because I have it copied down in the Nyars cheat sheet.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10726 on: November 29, 2012, 01:48:40 pm »

Sure. May I have that book on programming and a datapad, then? Thank you.
Also, about things off the main list - are there any 'intelligent' weapons apart from the LESHO rifle? Ones that are rather programmed to shoot than aimed? And what about small side-arms that are woth of notice, in your opinion? We appear not to have many guns or their equivalents specifically suited for one-handed firing.

Ask the Armory Master.

Wow. Still, no knowledge means that speculation is allowed, right? We won't know for sure until they return, I presume, so I suppose, betting is allowed?
Actually, if you don't know anything about the mission status, may I at least inquire as to who's on the team this time?

Continue pestering Steve, albeit nicely and politely.

EDIT:Also, just curious: Steve, who do you answer to? Unless that's a state secret, of course. It is just that I had the impression the only people who could be considered your superiors are the Magisters themselves, and even then probably only as a body, not as individuals. Was I mistaken?
Inquire.
"Depends, does a gunner bot count? And as per a side arm, there's a reason why we don't have many one handed weapons: because if you can hold it in one hand it's generally not gonna do any meaningful damage to 98% of what you'll find out there."

She gives you the book and datapad while talking.

>The team is
 Milno
Jim
Faith
Feyri
Ashley
May
Mesk
Thomas
Bishop
Miyamoto
Sambo
Lars
Lukas
Simus
Kyle
Stacy
pancaek
Jack
Bruce
Flint

There is a moment of quiet after you ask your second question.

>Thats the question, isn't it?

((Yes, that's the one.))
There's not much information on it really, that simulation was based on a sort of bigfoot-ish creature.

Find a place to sit in the rec room and read the book. Count how many tokens I have.
(after buying the stuff you have 2)
You begin reading the book.

The first book, the "Book of Earth." explains the importance of situational strategy and of varied methods of attack; that the environment should chose your weapon and method of attack, not any preference of your own and that a true master must be skilled in many weapons, not only so that he may fight in any situation, but so that he can vary his tactics and not be predictable.

Ok.

Back to pratice.
[will:3+1+1]
Again you enter your slow mode without issue.

"Holy shit, it worked!"

Continue To observe the medbay.
Slowly the world comes more into focus, the walls of the infirmary and the world around you slowly fading into being as the form of the doctor becomes more and more clear.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10727 on: November 29, 2012, 01:58:17 pm »

Contiue rading and learn!

"Interesting."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10728 on: November 29, 2012, 02:04:38 pm »

((Now that is an ominous response.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10729 on: November 29, 2012, 03:08:26 pm »

((I was expecting sarcasm, but interested to hear what a serious response would be.  Now I'm really curious.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10730 on: November 29, 2012, 03:18:14 pm »

"Nearly there. I can almost see clearly. Just gotta test something."

Remove goggles, open good eye and keep the bad eye shut. Observe medbay. Any changes in vision in the good eye?

((I think that was the answer.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10731 on: November 29, 2012, 03:25:22 pm »

Suddenly Maurice felt a thousand times warmer and closer to Steve, and even... amazed and interested? - for the first time he could ever see a true person behind the green voice, no less deep and developed than any 'natural' human he's ever encountered. Perhaps there is some very hard and substantial truth in Brother Lars's words, in addition to the Higher one... I should certainly talk to him about this event - now, on ship or elsewhere? We'll see...
He stood silent for a moment.
...Say, Steve, how much brain matter is required to make an AI about hundredth as good as you?

Turning to the Armory Master Maurice replied: I'm sorry, got a little distracted. I see the wisdom in your words. Down to the last few questions then: Are there any good ways to streamline and speed up the use of the field manipulators? For instance, like installing some kind of direct neural interface to read and input numbers at the speed of thought - now I know that it's the niche of the amps, but I'm just somewhat uncomfortable with the idea of doing the required mental work not consciously, in a controlled manner. Oh, and perhaps - what amp(s) would you advise for a field manipulators user (as a backup weapon or something)?

Now, the bet.
On the one hand, they have Milno and a few other veterans. On the other hand, there are quite a few names which I don't recognise, plus being a veteran doesn't make one competent. Moreover a team twice larger than I've seen means they are expecting losses. Still, by the grace of Mistress... and luck... and competence of the medics on the team, -

Steve, how about three tokens on 'two to four deaths'?
Just come back all of you without a scratch. Please.
Talk.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10732 on: November 29, 2012, 03:26:13 pm »

((Ive been wondering. What would Steve sound like?))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10733 on: November 29, 2012, 03:48:53 pm »

(( Why, green, of course! :P
> <...> Even when you're hearing my voice, it will be in green. Do not question it.

Seriously though, I believe that's one of the little quirks of this universe, which differ it from ours. Or perhaps it has something to do with our implants, making us hear that particular voice in green (and maybe other voices - or perhaps just the voices of those with implants - in colours as well; that'd explain the Armory Master, the Doctor and pretty much every NPC I can remember speaking in plain black default colour; a side effect of some sort of in-built IFF?).

Just checked: June spoke non-colourful as well. Well, there goes the IFF theory, unless it's tuned specificly just for the same unit members, or she was a hallucination, or not a friendly anymore at that point. Or perhaps only Steve really speaks in green (that's Steve for you, after all), and we only imagine/pretend/hallucinate that we speak in colours. Hard to say for sure.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10734 on: November 29, 2012, 03:51:48 pm »

(( Why, green, of course! :P
> <...> Even when you're hearing my voice, it will be in green. Do not question it.

Seriously though, I believe that's one of the little quirks of this universe, which differ it from ours. Or perhaps it has something to do with our implants, making us hear that particular voice in green (and maybe other voices - or perhaps just the voices of those with implants - in colours as well; that'd explain the Armory Master, the Doctor and pretty much every NPC I can remember speaking in plain black default colour; a side effect of some sort of in-built IFF?).

Just checked: June spoke non-colourful as well. Well, there goes the IFF theory, unless it's tuned specificly just for the same unit members, or she was a hallucination, or not a friendly anymore at that point. Or perhaps only Steve really speaks in green (that's Steve for you, after all), and we only imagine/pretend/hallucinate that we speak in colours. Hard to say for sure.))
((Huh.

It's hard to pin down, but I've tended to imagine him as having a sort of calm, mellow voice.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10735 on: November 29, 2012, 03:54:54 pm »

(Obviously, he sounds like Morgan Freeman. He's the narrator, after all. XD

Now just try not to picture Morgan Freeman saying Steve's lines every time you read them.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10736 on: November 29, 2012, 03:56:30 pm »

((Or HAL. or whatever the name of the Bot from Moon is called. Or a mix. or all three at once. Wait...what?))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10737 on: November 29, 2012, 04:19:42 pm »

((I think Piecewise said he sounded like a mix between Darth Vader, and the Microsoft computer voice. Or that was Jim and the other brobots.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10738 on: November 29, 2012, 04:22:34 pm »

((You should do as I do, and picture Steve is voiced by Patricia Routledge, aka Miss Bucket. It's great fun.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10739 on: November 29, 2012, 04:24:49 pm »

((Who?))
Pages: 1 ... 714 715 [716] 717 718 ... 2101