_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 712 713 [714] 715 716 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5931913 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #10695 on: November 28, 2012, 06:41:24 am »

((Well, between the panacea and Jim's pill, I'm quite certain that blue is medical, the nature of my sphere being the only uncertainty. Likewise, red almost certainly has to be weapons as we know them, as we haven't seen any of those, and no red capsules have been opened yet. I also considered Kisame's idea that the colors correspond to the armory categories, but I have a hard time seeing the purple and gold items to really fit into the unconventional/exotic slots yet. But green fits well with Auxiliary so far, or could simply be wearable.. I also thought that the six shapes might correspond to the six abilities in some fashion, but what little we have doesn't quite seem to fit.))

"Well, thanks anyway. Steve, sir, I don't suppose you'd be willing to share that info?"

Regardless of answer, go to the rec room and enter VR in an empty duel, with all my equipment. Check if Nyars' stuff is among it.

((A man can dream, right? :P))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10696 on: November 28, 2012, 09:00:23 am »

((This might be helpful.  Meta knowledge, certainly, but helpful.

I fully agree that red must be some flavor of weaponry.

I like the skill correspondence idea.  My other idea is that red is weapon, blue is medical, green is wearable, purple is nonwearable gadgets, and gold is... exotic, for lack of a better word.

For the record, here's a list of things no one has tried:

Medium size
Red
Triangle))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #10697 on: November 28, 2012, 09:13:44 am »

**With guns! The stadium breaks out into a firefight!

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10698 on: November 28, 2012, 09:22:11 am »

Deactivate the mode.

Quote from: Renen to MSanctor
I would love to have a spar sometime without killing anyone. But for now, I have to master this modification. Maybe later, when I get some more control over it.

While resting, Renen walks around, find Nyars, takes a look at the boxes and asks Steve:

Hey, Steve, do the lab guys have some kind of color system? You know, for differentiating between boxes if they don't want to put a name on it, lab stuff.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10699 on: November 28, 2012, 10:19:18 am »

(( ...Aaand you all made me want to try my hand at Nyars Artifact Roulette.
Without metaing, of course (probably will stick to blue as I thought), and likely not too soon, but still. Dammit. :) ))
Quote from: MSanctor to Renen
Sure, as you wish. Good luck with your training! :- )
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10700 on: November 28, 2012, 10:50:50 am »

((Go all in on gold pentagons and hexagons. You won't regret it! Well, not for very long, anyway!))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10701 on: November 28, 2012, 11:21:23 am »

((Or go steal the Panacea-ish from the giant mutant freak- I'm sure he won't mind.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10702 on: November 28, 2012, 11:27:04 am »

((The laser rifle with 3 seconds on firing left. Come to think of it jacks chat sheet only has his long coat or something and still says 2 tokens.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10703 on: November 28, 2012, 12:44:23 pm »

((Go all in on gold pentagons and hexagons. You won't regret it! Well, not for very long, anyway!))
((Ooh, this!))

((I have an idea about Nyars box. From my own intuition and various facts, I have guessed that red is conventional, blue is medical, purple is unconventional, green is auxillary, and gold is exotic.
((Hm. Normally I'd say this makes perfect sense, but Mesk's Ultraregen was Purple. Wouldn't repairbots be Medical, not Unconventional? I guess they're not meant to be used in the field, so you could make a case for something else, but even then Uncon seems like an odd choice. Maybe because it's not wearable/doesn't require any real technical knowhow, but isn't point-and-click enough to be a gun nor bizarre enough to be Exotic?

Hm...))

Lines are the dangerousity(That's a word right?) of the object. All of this is purely guesses, but it gives a framework to my choices.))
((I'm leaning more towards general purpose or something at this point, especially since having separate categories for danger and power seems odd (and far too easy). Maybe attack, defense, utility, other/undefined? Mesk's treatment is the only thing we've confirmed as "defensive," though you could argue utility for it as well, but the shifting armor has it as well, as does a potentially medical ball.

Diagonal and Vertical are impossible to say based on just what we have, of course, though you could argue weapon or utility for the deathcube and Timmy's Ball is hard to define; it gives you psychic powers, so I guess that'd make the most sense as Utility also.

Meanwhile, a lot of stuff is unmarked, like Simus' Phase Armor, which I'd assume would go under Utility.

So, maybe not. I guess Origin is still feasible, but I'm not sure that'd be explicitly worth mentioning, especially since I wouldn't think Quiet World or Extraplanar stuff would be all that common.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #10704 on: November 28, 2012, 01:20:41 pm »

((I have an idea about Nyars box. From my own intuition and various facts, I have guessed that red is conventional, blue is medical, purple is unconventional, green is auxillary, and gold is exotic.
((Hm. Normally I'd say this makes perfect sense, but Mesk's Ultraregen was Purple. Wouldn't repairbots be Medical, not Unconventional? I guess they're not meant to be used in the field, so you could make a case for something else, but even then Uncon seems like an odd choice. Maybe because it's not wearable/doesn't require any real technical knowhow, but isn't point-and-click enough to be a gun nor bizarre enough to be Exotic?

Hm...))
((Aaactually, I looked at the armory list, and noticed that the various therapies, synthflesh stuff, and implants, which Mesk's repairbots could be said to be related to, are all in Exotic. If we go by that, and the colors correspond to the list, then that would leave gold for unconventional? Humm. That has melee weapons, explosives, and field manipulators...))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10705 on: November 28, 2012, 01:25:03 pm »

((Okay, we need to buy a purple heptagon and a gold square or something to sort this out.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10706 on: November 28, 2012, 02:23:02 pm »

Hm...))
((Aaactually, I looked at the armory list, and noticed that the various therapies, synthflesh stuff, and implants, which Mesk's repairbots could be said to be related to, are all in Exotic. If we go by that, and the colors correspond to the list, then that would leave gold for unconventional? Humm. That has melee weapons, explosives, and field manipulators...))
((True... and the cube, at least, might fit under Uncon if it's activated using the buttons rather than something completely bizarre like amps or Timmy powers. Timmy's ball though... I have a hard time believing Timmy's ball could be considered anything but Exotic, given that, as far as we could tell, it enhanced the user to be psychic. And, you know, infested them with a horror from beyond the stars.

Though just for clarity, based on the list:

Conventional is exclusively guns, or at PW described it, tube-death devices. If red is Conventional, it's hard to believe we'd get anything out of it but a vaguely tube-shaped object that you point one end towards something and then it dies or is somehow inconvenienced.

Unconventional is sort of a catchall category for death or inconvenience dispensing devices that aren't tube-shaped or psychic. Magic calculators, melee weapons, and explosives all fall under Uncon, so it might be safe to say we could get anything that doesn't fit better in Conventional or Exotic.

Exotic is amps and, as you say, all sorts of therapies and synthetics. It also, from experience, covers most alien artifacts, so the riding theme appears to be "weird," I guess? In any case, it seems likely that if you want weird shit, this is the category for you. If you want psychic powers, shiny new limbs, or death rays made by aliens who weren't familiar with the supremacy of the tube, this could also be your category.

Auxiliary is basically anything you wear, ride in, or pilot, as well as tools and robots. This might reinforce the notion that Green is Aux, since Aux really does mean "wearables" to some extent. So, if you're looking for shiny new duds, an alien go-kart, a new robot companion, or a fancy welding torch, Aux might have what you need.

Medical is anything that helps you help wounded people not die or be more comfortable, as well as, to some extent, mechanical equivalents in the medkits. Strictly speaking, the permanent painkiller breaks this trend, since it's a permanent treatment, not something you apply in the field as a response to something, but the spirit is very much there. If you want to help people, possibly including yourself, be less dead or inconvenienced via injury (or possibly disease, if the panacea can be judged on its name), Medical might possibly have something relevant to that.

So with that all in mind, both Golds match Exotic in terms of being Fucking Weird, but we don't know enough about the cube to say exactly what it does or how it works.

All three Greens match Aux in terms of being something you wear, though the goggles' functions might go beyond that and we have almost no idea how the shapeshifting armor works.

Two of our three Blues seem "medically" related (ie being drugs), with the third being completely unknown. It might or might not be worth noting that all three could potentially be limited-use, however.

One Purple is a bunch of genelocked internal robots that repair injuries, the other is completely unknown.

In short, Green seems to match, Blue seems to match, Gold seems to match, Purple seems like it might buck the trend and Red is completely unknown. Swapping Purple and Gold could make Purple match but Gold seem like it might not.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10707 on: November 28, 2012, 03:54:56 pm »

"Oh. I suppose that makes sense. Maybe if I just close the good eye, it'll stay normal."

Don goggles, closing my right eye before doing so, and keeping it closed as long as the goggles are on. Observe Doc. Will it let me see the layers like it did with my hand?

((I have an idea about Nyars box. From my own intuition and various facts, I have guessed that red is conventional, blue is medical, purple is unconventional, green is auxillary, and gold is exotic. Shapes are potency, from triangle being weakest, to heptagon being strongest. Lines are the dangerousity(That's a word right?) of the object. All of this is purely guesses, but it gives a framework to my choices.))
You keep your good eye closed while keeping the bad one open. Nothing seems to happen and you can't see anything like you would when you had your bad eye closed.

(( Ah, stupid me, missing the previous update :)
Also, I'm sorry for my wording - what I actually meant was 'way out of our weight class for now and at least quite a few missions more' ))
Put on my suit and weapon belt with the Instrument. Go to the armory.
Finally. I've had enough resting and thinking and planning time.

((@kisame12794 Do you understand that you're about to see what is under that mask and if he has the slightest idea of that..? Well, I'd just suggest looking any other way. Even looking at the Armory Master might be safer, I believe. At most she'd space you out like that poor chap from before the first mission. :P
Also, seriously: I like your theory. How do you think, what does the circle mean? Even weaker than a triangle, or absolutely all-powerful?))
You get all dressed up and then head to the armory.
((Well, between the panacea and Jim's pill, I'm quite certain that blue is medical, the nature of my sphere being the only uncertainty. Likewise, red almost certainly has to be weapons as we know them, as we haven't seen any of those, and no red capsules have been opened yet. I also considered Kisame's idea that the colors correspond to the armory categories, but I have a hard time seeing the purple and gold items to really fit into the unconventional/exotic slots yet. But green fits well with Auxiliary so far, or could simply be wearable.. I also thought that the six shapes might correspond to the six abilities in some fashion, but what little we have doesn't quite seem to fit.))

"Well, thanks anyway. Steve, sir, I don't suppose you'd be willing to share that info?"

Regardless of answer, go to the rec room and enter VR in an empty duel, with all my equipment. Check if Nyars' stuff is among it.

((A man can dream, right? :P))
>Nope.

You go to the VR machine and try to load up a duel with your new artifacts but the machine doesn't have them on record.

**With guns! The stadium breaks out into a firefight!
Uh...

Deactivate the mode.

Quote from: Renen to MSanctor
I would love to have a spar sometime without killing anyone. But for now, I have to master this modification. Maybe later, when I get some more control over it.

While resting, Renen walks around, find Nyars, takes a look at the boxes and asks Steve:

Hey, Steve, do the lab guys have some kind of color system? You know, for differentiating between boxes if they don't want to put a name on it, lab stuff.
>Oh, they do. But they won't tell you. Nor will I. No fun in that.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10708 on: November 28, 2012, 03:59:53 pm »

"Uhh. Maybe if I close the bad eye?"

Close both eyes.

((Figures. Boys in the coats tell the men on deck jack shit.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10709 on: November 28, 2012, 04:06:50 pm »

Get new battery for laser rifle and four clips for Bolt action rifle. Also borrow a book on katanas if possible.
Pages: 1 ... 712 713 [714] 715 716 ... 2101