_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 707 708 [709] 710 711 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5934833 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #10620 on: November 25, 2012, 03:50:01 pm »

(( Sorry to hear about the deaths. I'll try to make up by doing what I can to save more in future. ))
Come to the bed of that person and talk to him.
Uh, hello? I don't think we've met yet. I'm Maurice Sanctor, fellow 'Corps man. Mind a little talk or would you prefer me to leave you alone? Maurice smiled friendly.

EDIT:Using my somewhat outdated medical knowledge and practice experience, remeber if I know anything about artificial eyes and them malfunctioning.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 04:43:18 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10621 on: November 25, 2012, 04:20:35 pm »

"Do you know anything about artificial eyes? Because this one isn't working. Names Morul."

Find a doctor, and tell them the eye isn't working.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10622 on: November 25, 2012, 04:28:02 pm »

((Well, at least you'll have a good reason to wear an eyepatch!))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10623 on: November 25, 2012, 04:37:04 pm »

((Besides the fact I'm a pirate? Wait.... this was an elaborate scheme by Piecewise to get me to wear an eyepatch!))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10624 on: November 25, 2012, 04:38:56 pm »

Pleasure to meet you, Morul.
Now, the artificial eyes - like in 'advanced prosthetics'? Hmmm...
Though if it's not malfunctioning - and say what you will, they tend to supply us here with rather sturdy things, unlikely to break even under large amounts of stress, - I'd say it could be something with the nerves that connect this eye to the brain and/or the brain itself. Did you get hit to the head recently, or say, get too close to a piece of the Hazardous Materials?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10625 on: November 25, 2012, 04:39:10 pm »

(Get the goggles turned into an eyepatch and be Old Snake as well as a pirate?)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10626 on: November 25, 2012, 04:57:09 pm »

"Well, you see, I got these fancy goggles from a guy called Nyars. When I put them on, it allows me to see a bunch of weird shit, apparently at the cost of losing my sight. I took a look at the goggles in a mirror and before my left eye went kaput, I saw a weird little tendril thing, that went off into the roof. So, probably the second option."

((Well, it would be nice to be able to continually wear the goggles, but I like seeing, thank you very much.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10627 on: November 25, 2012, 05:34:35 pm »

Nyars? Not sure I've met him, but my memory might be foggy from too much rest.
Is it even a legitimized item and not something he hid from Steve? Not that is really possible...
As for the tendril thing, I would suggest contacting Steve as it might pose danger to the ship - or it could be just the way it works/a special effect and then I'd suggest talking to the Doctor.
Maurice slightly winced at these words, but then returned to his bright smile, which, however darkened as he continued to speak. One thing I am certain - beware of hostile mental influence you might expose yourself by wearing those goggles. I know a couple of people who've experienced mind controll - Travis, for one - have you met him? - and from his reaction I know that it is one of the worst things you might experience in our line of work. Myself, I've once lost control over my body for a couple of seconds upon gazing at a very alien picture (and I don't really have memories of that time), so I can advise you this:take chances with alien trickery only when you really have to; seek for the lapses in your memory and check if others would remember you doing intelligent things you don't remember.
Sounds a bit paranoid, I know,
Maurice smiled apologetically, but that's just what might one day save you and, more importantly, others from injuries, death or something worse.
(( Yeah, I know. Not-IC knowledge, though. ))
Past Sigs

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10628 on: November 25, 2012, 06:02:14 pm »

"Who's Steve? Is he the captain? And pretty sure its non-standard equipment considering Nyars told me fuckall about it. And yes, I know to be careful about alien shit, because I have a cube that vaporizes people. You want it? Five token."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10629 on: November 25, 2012, 06:14:50 pm »

Er, no thanks. I am currently saving up tokens and am not sure that weapon of yours wouldn't actually vaporize me the first time I try using it. Maurice laughed defensively.
Also... 'who's Steve'? Eh, Steve, are you still out there? It'd be very, very, very interesting times otherwise...
By the way, how many missions have you been on? What was the last one like? No offense, just curious because of the long and boring resting time.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 08:05:50 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10630 on: November 25, 2012, 06:55:31 pm »

"Well, I actually just woke up. Where the hell are we? I know we're in a ship, but there's we arn't rocking, so, either we are in the calmest seas ever, or in space. Guess I answered my own question there."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10631 on: November 25, 2012, 07:21:32 pm »

Ah, sure. Well, unless things have very drastically changed since I last checked them, this is a Hazardous Materials Requisition Corps space ship Paracelsus's Sword, and we are, easy to guess, the HMRC members, convicts and volunteers (haven't really met the latter yet). We are to go through 10 missions of alien hell and then we'd be free people again. Oh, and Steve is our nigh-almighty and nigh-omnipresent boss who has the power of electrocuting us if needed, or, in case of those being put into a robot body due to injuries, deactivating the said robot platform. He gives us mission specifics and sometimes answers questions (asked audibly). He's worshipped as a deity by some of us, but that's unrelated.
Well, welcome to the HMRC! Enjoy your stay.
Maurice joked to cheer Morul up.
Past Sigs

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10632 on: November 25, 2012, 07:33:36 pm »

-snip-

((Maurice ain't gonna like Simus' Phase Suit much, then.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10633 on: November 25, 2012, 07:35:19 pm »

"Oh."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10634 on: November 25, 2012, 08:22:53 pm »

-snip-
((Maurice ain't gonna like Simus' Phase Suit much, then.))
(( You know, I've reconsidered the things and it's more me being afraid of alien artifacts because of the Timmy's transformation events (which are clearly OOC knowledge) than Maurice, who is, on the one hand, yes, disgusted by alien 'unconventional' weaponry like that crystal projector Travis used, but, on the other hand, quite willing to use the aliens' technology against themselves (e.g., throwing stones at the tuning-fork-staff to use its power). Thus I edited the message to be more neutral on that topic. Thank you for making me think :) ))
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 707 708 [709] 710 711 ... 2101