_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 675 676 [677] 678 679 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5928159 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Death count from Cursed Tournament: 4
« Reply #10140 on: November 15, 2012, 11:14:33 pm »

(@Yoink: I'm going to take this to PMs here in a moment because I'm not going to clutter up this RTD with more arguing than is necessary.

@Caellath: And I thank you for that, but I didn't feel it necessary to point out that I had people supporting me. >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10141 on: November 15, 2012, 11:54:15 pm »

((If I can add my two cents, Feyri did have a rant in her diary about amps [IC] despite the player knowing that the weapons are more or less balanced according to how they are used by the players. Diversity at its finest!

Jim ain't paranoid. Travis had it coming, now that you look at it from their past experiences with each other. Also, kill a guy on the ship for ambiguous reasons and you're marked. Just saying.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10142 on: November 16, 2012, 12:27:37 am »

The blissful innocence of youth. Fleeting, charming.

Provide them with a bit of meat to fight over. Watch the ensuing fight.
You throw steaks at the people. They seem confused.

"No...no nonononono why!"
Sob loudly!
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Nap a bit. Go into temporary denial about my murdery surroundings.
You fall asleep. You dream of not being murdered to death.

((Yeah, that page.))

Ah!  Now this was a god that Lars could use personally.  Perhaps a bit more detail... for examples, did laser weaponry fall under the purview of this deity?

Read that page again, looking for greater detail.
You examine page again. Whoever wrote this section is certainly different then the Medic's pantheon. He doesn't say anything about laser rifles in particular but there is this phrase about "Burning light and charing force lashing forth". That would seem to put lasers under his purview. It's a bit hard to tell, this guy sure does love his "elaborate" writing, but it seems like any this guy rules over anything that shoots or throw projectiles, including lasers. 

Study in detail, those notes in red ink.
"Heading Ends"
 "Insert Section"
"Need Outside Theories"
"Heading Ends, Rewrite Entry."

Hm

Examine why in the last melee battlesuit vs battlesuit with HEP simulation, the HEP knocked the melee suit like it had been hit by a truck. Check if a cutting laser has similar properties.
(I don't remember that, can I have  link?)
(Are Steve's proclamations heard throughout the entire ship or just in the area that the people he talks to are?)
Only the area the people are in. Would be fairly confusing otherwise.
"Acid and claws for weapons, maybe some scales or other light armor, and pheremones. And how many do you think you could make from those two corpses?"

Ask

((Zerg rush anyone?))
"Oh, dozen or so. They might be a bit squirrelly though, small brain creatures are a bit aggressive."
Find May. Play Chess with her.
(how you wanna work that? Wanna actually play her or do you want to just have me roll [int] to see who wins?)
You find may and wave the game in front of her.

"Holy fuck! I thought we were just killing aliens and pinkos here. Who the hell knows? That Travis was pretty commy looking anyway......"

Get up from behind table, non-comittally shrug off seeing a couple of deaths recently. See what's on television, stopping on anything that looks like it's about aliens or putting down riots. Keep laser rifle ready, but not pointed at anyone. Set it to high-power shotgun mode.

"I swear I'm going to shoot the next fucker that opens fire. Fuck our robot overlords, Buckler and Jim. Arseholes the lot of 'em. At least I've got the TV remote now."

((once again, sustained inactivity allows Sambo to remain both alive and not do anything stupid. Yet. Does anyone else have the remote now? I'll edit if necessary. ))
You walk over to the tv area. The couch is flipped, the tv is on the ground, and the remote is missing. Well.

"I like classic rock too, but how many songs do The Doors threaten to do a drive-by on The Who? I thought so, less opurtinities VR-chan. Sometimes it seems like you don't even have as much knowledge as you'd like to display, and you're limited to the knowledge and creativity from a basement dwelling white guy who spends every day constructing Sci-fi themed shit to share with other people like him instead of doing anything useful.

Berate VR Machine. Then play Chess with Thomas.

((I love you Piecewise ;3))
You sit down with thomas to play chess.
((As expected, I vanish for a while and the thread explodes.))

"And how many do you think you could make from those two corpses?"
((Ask if he can make them breeding or insert some sort of biological production center in you. Zerglings are only scary when they come in unending waves.))

Faith blinked and began typing a message to Jim.

Quote from: Message to Jim
Oh, I see. Erm, what was the target then?

With that, it was back to VR.

Return to VR, examine modes of vision and quality of vision on cameyes. Search for anything better or that does something cameyes don't.
Examine how? Also, something the cameyes don't do. Be a bit more specific or I will find you a blender because it makes smoothies and the cameyes don't.

Jobasio gave a mock-grimace at the question. "From a distance. Definitely. Far less messy that way."
As he spoke to the Armoury Master he glanced aside, eyeing the large robot who had trundled up with mixed amounts of curiousity and suspicion. 'It doesn't seem to be acting hostile, at least... But still, that sort of thing is why I'd prefer to be armed, and quickly.'

>Talk to AM. Ask for weapon recommendation.

>Discreetly examine scary robot(Lukas).
"Laser or gauss rifle unless you can get another token somewhere. Then a rocket rifle."

The robot looks...like a giant metal golem with a human skull head and heavy armor completely coating him. Very solid.

"True enough, I suppose, time to go!"

Wake up.
You wake up. Yay Consciousness!"

((There was little hard proof to believe Travis was actually planning on killing Jim.
((Other than the fact that Travis was acting all paranoid, purchased a gunner bot specifically for on-ship use, and murdered Mason because, as far as Jim could tell, he had already killed him once and therefore had to be killed permanently just in case he sought revenge. Hearing about how and why he'd killed Mason the first time would also not look good for him.

The "noticing Buckler looking at him" bit I'm a bit less certain of, since I'm not sure if Buckler really would have been keeping an eye on his primary target, or even if he could recognize a concept like that, but if true that'd obviously be a dead giveaway also.))

((Back to something I've been wondering for a while. Do amps really have a disadvantage? Except for the catastrophic failures, really. I've been thinking maybe amps should take a turn to use? They could activate at the beginning of the 2nd turn. In a surprise case, like Jim vs. Travis,  it wouldn't matter, since Jim had as much time as he needed to initiate hostilities. However, in a case where foes meet each other and hostilities begin immediately, you would need a turn to "calculate". This would put the amps in the support category, where I believe they would be better suited. Just a thought, though.))
((This would result in amps being both useless and unfun. Forcing players to waste turns is generally really bad from a gameplay perspective.

I'll agree that they do generally seem better than manipulators, though I don't think we've seen enough bad rolls to really say for certain. Supposedly amp overshots are messier, as mentioned, and we're not entirely sure how mind/will points compare or work out. We do know manipulators use power and amps take up space, though.))

((Complain about overlord jim, and I'll give you a face full of kinetic amp :P ))
((Oh shit, he's got goons already?!

We may already be too late.))
I'll just let you guys know that the upside to manipulators is that as amps are used they drain those unseen "will" points, and the lower those will points are, the more susceptible to mind fuckery you are. Or should I say that if you roll low the effects of that low roll will be worse. Mind points have a similar thing with Int rolls (Your mind points are low and you fuck up an int roll, you really fuck up the roll) Also you can have more then 3 if you want, though chances are you'll have less. Plus other things.

(@Orb: You only want to nerf amps because you got killed by one, whereas your gunnerbot - which does not rely on the character's stats and skills, like the amps do - is OP as hell with that +3 bonus to its attacks and the fact it can act and move independently of its operator, although I will admit its exorbitant price especially compared to guns and so forth does a bit to balance it. Besides, there's already differences between amps and manipulators. One is that amps have an unknown quantity of uses based on the character's relevant stat - admittedly I do not remember which, but it's either Willpower or Intelligence - while manipulators have a known quantity. Another is that if a character has the funds and the desire they could bring every single manipulator available with them and cycle them as needed, while a character may only ever have three amps - and it's not even known if previously installed amps can be removed. I'm going to give you an example of their differences.

Let's say Jim has (X) number of uses of his amps available, where in this case X is sixteen. He only gets sixteen uses of his amps per mission, spread across all three he has - which is also the maximum amount he can get. Let's say the manipulators have eight uses per mission each. Stacy buys manipulators of the same types, +1 of another kind. Stacy will therefore have 100% more firepower at his command than Jim does during that same mission - but at the price that he has to pay tokens to recharge or just buy new manipulators while Jim's amount will refill after the mission. Additionally, Jim could use all sixteen on one amp, or ten in one and three in the other two, or six in two and four in one, etc., while Stacy would have exactly eight uses of each of his manipulators.

Really, it's like the difference between the Sorcerer and Wizard classes in D&D: the Wizard has more spells available and overall greater flexibility, but he has to plan ahead; the Sorcerer has a smaller amount of spells, but he can switch tactics on the fly. That's the difference between amps and manipulators.

As for the other, yes, little hard proof, but there was a lot of circumstantial evidence based on Travis's personality and actions up to that point. And while we're talking about how little hard proof there was for killing people, Travis killed Mason just for touching him; Jim killed Travis because Travis made it clear he was going to initiate hostilities soon. The real tragedy is that if you hadn't just shot Mason straight out and tried to, I dunno, subdue him non-lethally or ask for anyone - like me, for example - to come over and mediate, this never would have happened. But in-character speaking, you'd made it very clear that Travis is trigger-happy and any reasonable person would get rid of him before he snapped and started shooting indiscriminately.

@Yoink: If you've got a problem with me, say it. This is the second time you've sniped at me and I don't appreciate that bullshit, same as I don't appreciate having to watch my back just in case any fuckwit decides they want to start killing people for 'loot.' Yes, I have the power to stop that behavior dead in its tracks and I will use it, but if I was a tyrannical overlord I would be making some more selfish demands instead of 'just get along with each other.'

@Taric: You're my friend and all, but calling me 'Overlord' too? Not really helping. >.<)

The Gunnerbot is pretty powerful but then again, all robots around in this universe have pretty high stats, being robots and all. The thing that makes the gunner bot not too OP is the fact that it's not terribly smart and it's not terribly durable, so it will kick some ass in one on one's but you get it out in melee or with several targets and chances are it's gonna get hit pretty fast.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 11:31:40 am by piecewise »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10143 on: November 16, 2012, 12:30:59 am »

To diverge a bit from the heated discussions, Lets talk about the next mission shall we? This one is gonna be pretty big in terms of people going so I need to get some hands raised as to who will be able to be around and doing things here pretty consistently and twice a day or so. I can tell you that we're not going random selection with this mission, certain people are being chosen, however anyone who has not had a mission as a player will also be going assuming they want to and raise their little digital hands now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10144 on: November 16, 2012, 12:32:58 am »

I am able for that consistent action. Though, my posting abilities are hindered by timezones.

"It seems as if a scribe has written this..."

Browse that manual for anything related to weapon shapes and styles for more effectivity in close-quarter quick attacking. Related to my sword.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10145 on: November 16, 2012, 12:45:56 am »

((*raises little digital hand* :D))

"A rocket rifle certainly sounds entertaining, if nothing else. Heavy, though, I'm assuming."
Jobasio paused for a moment, stroking his clean-shaven chin thoughtfully. "How would I go about gaining a token? I'm guessing we receive them upon surviving a mission? Can we... Trade-in used weapons? For example, if I were to buy a gauss rifle for my first outing, would I then be able to sell it back and buy a rocket rifle after the mission's completion? Although then again, depending on how many tokens I earned I could probably buy one anyway."

He shrugged his shoulders slightly. "Sorry to bore you with such a number of questions. I intend to get through this with life and limb intact. Things to do, you know?"

>Ask above questions, await answers.

>Then purchase a gauss rifle. Act like I know how to use it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10146 on: November 16, 2012, 12:48:08 am »

(The weekend looks doubtful for my internet activity but from Monday onward hopefully I can meet the twice a day requirements.

Oh. In case it's not obvious, I want in. Kinda going stir-crazy on the ship. :P If I do get in and the mission starts before Monday I'll do my damnedest to try to get on the internet at least once a day on the weekend.)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 02:31:52 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10147 on: November 16, 2012, 12:49:43 am »

"Squirrelly how? Like attack me squirrelly? Or are they prone to going nuts and attacking anything that moves?"

Ask.

((I will volunteer to be in the roster for the next mission. Time to test these mods in a combat situation.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10148 on: November 16, 2012, 12:51:35 am »

((Oh wait, I misread that as 'has not had a mission on their current character'. I'd still like to be in the next mission regardless, though.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10149 on: November 16, 2012, 01:01:41 am »

((I have time, can post up to three times a day and apparently still have my free pass as a new player. Yay for me.))

Show them that life is futile, and so is death. Ergo, murder everything.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10150 on: November 16, 2012, 01:03:35 am »

((I haven't had a mission yet.))

After a nice sleep, look for the barracks.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10151 on: November 16, 2012, 01:17:58 am »

((Raises hand))

Go to the armory master, ask if there's any way to obtain an actual AI for mission use.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10152 on: November 16, 2012, 01:18:04 am »

Consciousness ho!

Go back to doing push-ups.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #10153 on: November 16, 2012, 02:23:27 am »

I want in.  Haven't had a mission in a while.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10154 on: November 16, 2012, 02:56:14 am »

((I have thought about the amp-manipulator thing, and it always seemed that amps are just better than manipulators. Until I realized that amps use exotic while manipulators use unconventional, which is also used for melee. It seems getting better at math and physics equations also improves your ability to punch things  :P

So yeah, I think manipulators vs amps are balanced at the moment.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 675 676 [677] 678 679 ... 2101