_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5929209 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Death count from Cursed Tournament: 4
« Reply #10125 on: November 15, 2012, 08:51:53 pm »

((Woah. It wasn't over the remote. Yoink whacked me with a cleaver. Self defence here. Nevermind the fact it just kinda bounced off....))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10126 on: November 15, 2012, 08:57:27 pm »

((Really?))

"Sonofabitch! I was fuckin' watching that, man!"
Floki leapt to his feet, grabbing out the meatcleaver he salvaged from the old kitchen, and rounded angrily on the person... Mutant... Thing that had stolen the remote.

>Get ye cleaver, hack at the hand/hand-equivalent of the mutant who stole the TV remote until it drops it, then retrieve it and re-empower myself.

>Then nonchalantly sit back down and channel surf. Say the following:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"OH HELL NO. MY REMOTE BITCH."

Tackle Floki, activating the jets to give me a boost.

((Looks like it's over the remote to me d= ))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10127 on: November 15, 2012, 09:01:38 pm »

((Huh. Well, piecewise ignored that action and went with my first one which was
"No more of that. Go ask the Armory Master if you want a copy, and go watch it elsewhere. I like my sanity as it is."

Keep flipping channels.

"Heh. We are in the middle of fucking nowhere, and we have more channels than I can count. There's progress for ya."
Then he whacked me with a cleaver.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10128 on: November 15, 2012, 09:12:31 pm »

((Yeah. It started out with a big ego, and morphed into a more paranoid "your survival is the most important" sort of deal. Not exactly likable.

My opinion was that he was going after Buckler first since he was the more dangerous target. If he took out the master first, Buckler might have gone bezerk. And we saw the rolls Buckler achieved. Serious also said he would be going after my character next. *shrug*

I just think it's ironic that Jim shot Travis because Travis was being paranoid, but Jim himself was being paranoid by shooting Travis. There was little hard proof to believe Travis was actually planning on killing Jim. But eh, maybe it's just my biased point of view. Nevertheless, derail is derail.

Back to something I've been wondering for a while. Do amps really have a disadvantage? Except for the catastrophic failures, really. I've been thinking maybe amps should take a turn to use? They could activate at the beginning of the 2nd turn. In a surprise case, like Jim vs. Travis,  it wouldn't matter, since Jim had as much time as he needed to initiate hostilities. However, in a case where foes meet each other and hostilities begin immediately, you would need a turn to "calculate". This would put the amps in the support category, where I believe they would be better suited. Just a thought, though.))
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 09:14:51 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10129 on: November 15, 2012, 09:37:43 pm »

((You don't think that the reality warping failures are not enough of a disadvantage, not including that you can only have a limited number of amps installed INSIDE YOUR BRAIN, which are powered and made from god knows what?

Dear lord, have you been paying attention when something goes wrong with an amp (which happens quite a bit)? Shit gets messed up not only for the user but also for anyone nearby. How is that not enough of a disadvantage?))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10130 on: November 15, 2012, 09:39:44 pm »

((I'm starting to think Jim is the power tripping, (literally!) iron-fisted self-proclaimed overlord of the ship's inmates.
ASSK YOURSELVES: WHO IS NEXT?! ANYONE, ANYONE, COULD BE PERCIEVED AS A THREAT TO THE ROBOT'S BELOVED FEYRI AND TERMINATED IN A FIERY BLAST OF MOLTEN DEATH  :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10131 on: November 15, 2012, 09:52:23 pm »

((Complain about overlord jim, and I'll give you a face full of kinetic amp :P ))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10132 on: November 15, 2012, 09:57:08 pm »

((There was little hard proof to believe Travis was actually planning on killing Jim.
((Other than the fact that Travis was acting all paranoid, purchased a gunner bot specifically for on-ship use, and murdered Mason because, as far as Jim could tell, he had already killed him once and therefore had to be killed permanently just in case he sought revenge. Hearing about how and why he'd killed Mason the first time would also not look good for him.

The "noticing Buckler looking at him" bit I'm a bit less certain of, since I'm not sure if Buckler really would have been keeping an eye on his primary target, or even if he could recognize a concept like that, but if true that'd obviously be a dead giveaway also.))

((Back to something I've been wondering for a while. Do amps really have a disadvantage? Except for the catastrophic failures, really. I've been thinking maybe amps should take a turn to use? They could activate at the beginning of the 2nd turn. In a surprise case, like Jim vs. Travis,  it wouldn't matter, since Jim had as much time as he needed to initiate hostilities. However, in a case where foes meet each other and hostilities begin immediately, you would need a turn to "calculate". This would put the amps in the support category, where I believe they would be better suited. Just a thought, though.))
((This would result in amps being both useless and unfun. Forcing players to waste turns is generally really bad from a gameplay perspective.

I'll agree that they do generally seem better than manipulators, though I don't think we've seen enough bad rolls to really say for certain. Supposedly amp overshots are messier, as mentioned, and we're not entirely sure how mind/will points compare or work out. We do know manipulators use power and amps take up space, though.))

((Complain about overlord jim, and I'll give you a face full of kinetic amp :P ))
((Oh shit, he's got goons already?!

We may already be too late.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10133 on: November 15, 2012, 09:59:27 pm »

((Hey, Jobasio hasn't a clue about the situation on board, yet.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10134 on: November 15, 2012, 10:41:34 pm »

(@Orb: You only want to nerf amps because you got killed by one, whereas your gunnerbot - which does not rely on the character's stats and skills, like the amps do - is OP as hell with that +3 bonus to its attacks and the fact it can act and move independently of its operator, although I will admit its exorbitant price especially compared to guns and so forth does a bit to balance it. Besides, there's already differences between amps and manipulators. One is that amps have an unknown quantity of uses based on the character's relevant stat - admittedly I do not remember which, but it's either Willpower or Intelligence - while manipulators have a known quantity. Another is that if a character has the funds and the desire they could bring every single manipulator available with them and cycle them as needed, while a character may only ever have three amps - and it's not even known if previously installed amps can be removed. I'm going to give you an example of their differences.

Let's say Jim has (X) number of uses of his amps available, where in this case X is sixteen. He only gets sixteen uses of his amps per mission, spread across all three he has - which is also the maximum amount he can get. Let's say the manipulators have eight uses per mission each. Stacy buys manipulators of the same types, +1 of another kind. Stacy will therefore have 100% more firepower at his command than Jim does during that same mission - but at the price that he has to pay tokens to recharge or just buy new manipulators while Jim's amount will refill after the mission. Additionally, Jim could use all sixteen on one amp, or ten in one and three in the other two, or six in two and four in one, etc., while Stacy would have exactly eight uses of each of his manipulators.

Really, it's like the difference between the Sorcerer and Wizard classes in D&D: the Wizard has more spells available and overall greater flexibility, but he has to plan ahead; the Sorcerer has a smaller amount of spells, but he can switch tactics on the fly. That's the difference between amps and manipulators.

As for the other, yes, little hard proof, but there was a lot of circumstantial evidence based on Travis's personality and actions up to that point. And while we're talking about how little hard proof there was for killing people, Travis killed Mason just for touching him; Jim killed Travis because Travis made it clear he was going to initiate hostilities soon. The real tragedy is that if you hadn't just shot Mason straight out and tried to, I dunno, subdue him non-lethally or ask for anyone - like me, for example - to come over and mediate, this never would have happened. But in-character speaking, you'd made it very clear that Travis is trigger-happy and any reasonable person would get rid of him before he snapped and started shooting indiscriminately.

@Yoink: If you've got a problem with me, say it. This is the second time you've sniped at me and I don't appreciate that bullshit, same as I don't appreciate having to watch my back just in case any fuckwit decides they want to start killing people for 'loot.' Yes, I have the power to stop that behavior dead in its tracks and I will use it, but if I was a tyrannical overlord I would be making some more selfish demands instead of 'just get along with each other.'

@Taric: You're my friend and all, but calling me 'Overlord' too? Not really helping. >.<)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 10:43:36 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10135 on: November 15, 2012, 10:48:35 pm »

((??? Um, what? Why are you getting all worked up? I don't have a "problem with you", at least not on my current character, I'm just calmly stating the facts as I see 'em. I'm not pissed off or anything, I'm just commenting on how Jim is a total bully and seems to kill/threaten to kill anyone who he perceives as bad. :P I'm not sure how that counts as 'bullshit'.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10136 on: November 15, 2012, 10:57:40 pm »

((Why u no realize I support u? ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Also, yes, amps are very strong, since they are quicker to do their stuff than manipulators and both amps and manipulators basically say "fuck you" to armor. The GM did say that is intentional, though.

Linear Warriors = Guns, Quadratic Wizards = Amps and Manipulators. I frankly do not have much to complain.))
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 10:59:59 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10137 on: November 15, 2012, 11:01:30 pm »

Stacy will therefore have 100% more firepower at his command than Jim does during that same mission - but at the price that he has to pay tokens to recharge or just buy new manipulators while Jim's amount will refill after the mission.
((That doesn't seem like a hard choice for me- you can pay through the nose to spam manipulators, or use amps for free but only sparingly. And really, it hasn't seemed too sparingly; I know people have felt mental fatigue kicking in, but it hasn't seemed like anyone's really run out of amp uses in a practical situation.

Similarly, versatility is only an issue when you've got somebody using four manipulators at once. That's yet to happen, and really it doesn't seem like it would for anything but just-in-case utility.

Plus, PW mentioned manipulators using "mind points," so it seems like they've got an analogue to amps' will points that's just never come up yet.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10138 on: November 15, 2012, 11:10:57 pm »

((Plus, PW mentioned manipulators using "mind points," so it seems like they've got an analogue to amps' will points that's just never come up yet.))
((They came up. Remember the dam incident? Almost impossible calculations, mind points weren't enough, it is just that there isn't a bar indicating they are running out.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10139 on: November 15, 2012, 11:14:04 pm »

((Plus, PW mentioned manipulators using "mind points," so it seems like they've got an analogue to amps' will points that's just never come up yet.))
((They came up. Remember the dam incident? Almost impossible calculations, mind points weren't enough, it is just that there isn't a bar indicating they are running out.))
((I thought that was just trying to do something outside his Int range, not running out of mind points. I guess that might be the same thing, if mind points are directly tied to Int and better effects require more of them.))
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 2101