_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 667 668 [669] 670 671 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5931462 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Death count from Cursed Tournament: 2
« Reply #10020 on: November 14, 2012, 12:28:44 am »

You are well.

Swing the man-club around, then throw it away. See if it rolls back.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10021 on: November 14, 2012, 01:40:26 am »

((Let's see... Kyle was there, IIRC to see Travis and his bot kill Mason. That said, Jim is clearly being the aggressor here for little apparent reason. Tough to say who he'd side with, I think he'd act to disable if either looked about ready to kill the other. Although I'm wondering if that's even possible with a tesla sabre.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10022 on: November 14, 2012, 03:10:23 am »

(The reason is that Travis entered the room, looked at Jim, knelt down to his bot, whispered to his bot, and then walked off with his bot clearly watching Jim -which I'm assuming I saw him do as my previous action was to specifically watch for Travis's return. Travis is known to be paranoid and has proven that he'll attack on as little provocation as being touched, and it is also known that his bot is quite dangerous. Therefore, Jim has good reason to destroy the bot.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10023 on: November 14, 2012, 03:59:14 am »

Find May. Give her food.
You find May and hand her one of the plates of food. You gave that bitch a plate of questionable edibles. Bitches love questionable edibles.

"How much would they cost?"

Ask
"Well, ignoring the cost of the exoskeleton itself, like 3 for the cheap, 6 for the expensive."

Unsheathe the wristblade and attempt a beheading.
You feel someone touch your chest and lift up the VR goggles. Stuck to your chest with a piece of masking tape is a coupon with the phrase "HAPPY 10K!" The hell does that mean? You turn it over.

"This coupon entitles the owner to one free purchase from Nyar's house of Alien Oddities."

((Ok, the cloak will be used normally then.))

Milno heads to the armory booth, more than convinced the cloak is very useful.
"Hey, here for a purchase."

Buy the human-sized cloak (it was 13 token if I remember correctly), then go to the techies and check if the dash system could have a "sudden turn" option to strafe to a side and stop the dash.

"Hey Steve. Are those walls strong enough to resist laser attacks if the ship inmates decide to kill one another, like cutting lasers and energy projector sweeps?"

Also ask Steve this.
You get yourself the fitted avatar cloak, leaving yourself with 9 tokens. From there you head to the research guys.

"Uh, well thats possible. Problem is gonna be you there, bucko. Specifically not knocking yourself out or dying from pulling god knows how many g's and cracking your legs and spine like a bullwhip."

Attempt to teach Basilisk dog tricks.
"Roll over!"
The lizard continues to lizard.
"Play dead!"
"um...Play lizard!"
"YAY!"

"Well...I.."

Travis is cut off as Milno just leaves and Buckler returns to him.

The cyborg, Jim, had in all likelihood attacked him. He was the only one who could, for no discernible reason either. Unprovoked aggression. Dangerous. Jim was a dangerous threat he'd have to deal with. For now though, he'd have to go about this intelligently.

"Buckler, you now have three codes of engagement: Red, Yellow, and Green. By default you will be in code yellow unless stated otherwise. Code red is shoot to permanently kill. You will aim for the brain and the vital organs. The control centers for the organism. Code Yellow is shoot to kill. You will aim for the body parts that give life to the organism. The heart, lungs, and throat for example. Do not shoot the brain unless it is the only way to defeat your opponent. Code green is shoot to disable. Destroy the opponent's means of harming us. Arms, legs, weapons are all valid targets. If you are unable to disable the opponent, go to code yellow."

Travis sells his crystalline projector and buys a cutting laser. He enters the rec room, looks for Jim, points him out discreetly and whispers to Buckler.

"That cyborg, Jim, is our enemy. Do not engage yet. We will, in due time. If any damage occurs to us while I occupy the machine over there, you are to open fire on Jim in a code red"

Travis enters the VR machine and simulates a dummy "Jim". He searches Jim's chassis for sensors, and any critical weakness in the design itself. He also searches for the "heart" of Jim, where his power storage and the things used to keep the brain alive are kept.

He also fiddles with a simulated cutting laser for settings or alternative uses.

You practice some commerce and end up with one less crystalline projector, one more laser rifle and 4 tokens. That done, you give buckler some new attack orders and head to the VR's.

[aux:2+1]

Well...he's got lots of eye cameras by the look of it, and his arms are probably a good deal more resistant then the rest of him.

As per the Laser it has a dial and a switch on the side. They are unlabeled.

Lars was elated.  A whole new section of divine wisdom!

Keep reading!

((Stacy's dreams are tripping me out.))

“Ahnubi:God of Death: Ahnubi the World Burner, Ahnubi the Battle Saint, Ahnubi of War.”

The picture on the opposing page shows a being that appears to be hovering in mid air, legs crossed in a sitting position, with great flowing robes of white and gold flowing out behind and below it. The being itself is almost skeletal thin and ebony black, with a head like wet leather pulled tight over a human skull. Six arms branch off on either side of the god, a weapon held in each hand.  The being is floating above what at first glace appear to be rocky peaks, but at a second glance are revealed to be piles of countless human bones. The symbol at the bottom of the page is a skull.

“Ahnubi is the end of all men, the ultimate destination for all who live. He is the patron of the true soldier, the bringer of death and burner of worlds. May his mark be placed upon the flesh of all who wish to be his instrument; may his name be their battle cry and his likeness their idol. Let battle be judge of his favor and those who live long and kill many elevated as his avatars.”

(@Orb:
7:33 PM - Taricus: Welp, looks like Travis is plotting against Jim :I
7:56 PM - SeriousConcentrate: Seems like he is.
7:56 PM - Taricus: Fist of Death time?
7:56 PM - SeriousConcentrate: I'm debating on whether to destroy his bot while he's in VR or not.
7:56 PM - SeriousConcentrate: I really ought to, but I don't like starting shit.
7:57 PM - SeriousConcentrate: I dunno.
7:58 PM - SeriousConcentrate: The thing is that he missed the point I was trying to make. In the post in which I attacked his bot and most pointedly not him, I specifically asked if we could just stop killing each other on the ship.
7:58 PM - SeriousConcentrate: I hoped setting him back a few tokens would make the point.

Just letting you know what's going on.

@Ninja Pyro: Oh? I missed that line. Guess what? Since in-character I have every reason to believe Travis is a paranoid idiot who fires first without asking questions based on your previous actions on the mission we were in together as well as your handling of the Mason situation - and you are in fact a paranoid idiot who is planning to fire first - I have every reason in-character to do this.)

Jim notes that Buckler is very obviously staring in his direction, most likely waiting for orders to fire. So he melts Buckler into scrap with his Microwave Amp.
[exo:6+1+1]
This is pissing you off. This is REALLY pissing you off! All these fuckers always fucking murdering each other and ruining your GOD DAMN TOURNAMENT! AND THAT ASSHOLE! THAT ASSHOLE WITH HIS ROBOT MURDERING RANDOM PEOPLE WITHOUT WARNING! FUCK THAT ROBOT, FUCK THAT GUY AND FUCK EVERYTHING EVEN VAGUELY IN HIS VICINITY!

The air around you boils and steams before A white hot beam of light, thin as a thread of spider silk, tears out from the center of your chest, screams out across the room and stops dead in the area between buckler and Travis. The beam consolidates into a tiny glowing speck of light and then Expands explosively, instantly engulfing buckler, Travis, several VR machines and most of the right side of Simus. The sheer roar and shockwave of the expansion is enough to hurl men off their feet, flip the couch and mess hall tables and huck the partially bisected simus across the room and into a wall.

[simus end:1]
Simus is dead before she even hits the ground, her head intact, coupon still clenched in her left hand, but the entire right side of her body simply gone. As for Travis and Buckler, nothing remains but a white hot crater and several VR machines with perfectly smooth cuts tracing the sphere of electronics and teammates you just atomized.

[simus is dead]
[Travis is really fucking dead]

Jobasio cautiously approached the armoury, keeping an eye out for any blood-crazed psychopaths or gene-modified, monstrous killing machines ready to jump out at him. I mean, the stories he'd heard...

He approached the booth. "Ahem. Hello? I understand this is the HMRC armoury? Perhaps you could explain just what I am expected to do, here?"

>Approach Armoury, address AM.

>Inspect surroundings, keep an eye out for any psychos.

((Can we place bets on this scuffle between Travis and Jim as we would the tournament? :P Also, good luck Travis!))
"Go on missions. Mostly die. Ya need something?"

Due to the awkwardness of the situation, Ash avoided the other who woke up from stasis. She began to remember a few snippets about how she got here.

Dress, and examine the room
You get dressed and look around. You're in what looks like a barracks of some sort, lots of beds set against the wall. Seems pretty empty, though it looks like there are lots of beds missing. Maybe they got removed for some reason?

"I meant an alloy to reforge this sword Jim made for me, Steve. Any suggestions beyond the mundane that would make it...stronger?"

ASK STEVE.

((Feyri uses Gauss Rifle on Travis!

I don't even))
>Depends. You going to insist on putting that metal you have already in the mix? And on making it medieval style? Seriously, why not just get a Monoatomic sword? You could cut through tanks with that. Also, please tell your boy friend to stop blowing up the damn ship.

You are well.

Swing the man-club around, then throw it away. See if it rolls back.
You swing the manclub around a few times before throwing it away. It rolls three times before vanishing into the sky on a beam of light. Huh.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Death count from Cursed Tournament: 4
« Reply #10024 on: November 14, 2012, 04:24:39 am »

(Holy shit.)

"Jim... you... how could you... you just... I mean..."
Mesk pauses for a second, staring in absolute horror at the carnage.
"You broke the goddamn VR machines again!"
Let loose a primal howl of hideous anguish.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 04:26:45 am by Remalle »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10025 on: November 14, 2012, 04:26:54 am »

(Well. Sorry Pyro. Wish I had the better decompensator. >.<)

Jim gathers Simus's remains and takes her to the infirmary to be resurrected.

(Also, @ninja edit Remalle: There's probably still a few working.

Almost forgot.)

Anyone who attempts to loot Simus's body before Jim can take it to the infirmary will get punched very, very hard.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 04:40:11 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10026 on: November 14, 2012, 05:58:14 am »

((Damn. :( I saw the '4' in the title and assumed Travis & Buckler would have at least gotten a shot off, but no. Disappointing.))

"...Missions?" Jobasio raised an eyebrow questioningly.
"And, well... What can I have? I feel some sort of weapon would be appropriate."

>Request clarification!

>Also request some form of armament!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #10027 on: November 14, 2012, 06:06:15 am »

((Holy shit Jim, thanks for avenging me, I guess, my new character will be up later today.))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10028 on: November 14, 2012, 06:23:35 am »

Faith pulled herself out of VR, glancing for the source of the explosion. Upon noticing the results, she started, realizing how close she'd come to being blown up also.

"Wh-what was that?!" she exclaimed, looking around for an explanation. Simus' half a corpse was not very enlightening.

...Jim was standing there. Jim used amps, right? That didn't mean...

"...Jim, did you just murder Simus?" she asked cautiously.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10029 on: November 14, 2012, 06:38:19 am »

((Do full prostheticize me, Jim. Full robot body.))

>Everyone in the Rec Room.

You get a good, solid look at where the now-missing portion of Simus' body was, and now you can see the full degree of internal cyborgization.  Everything, from the heart, to the lungs, to the spleen, is synthetic, not a single trace of an organic organ remains.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10030 on: November 14, 2012, 06:39:33 am »

((Do full prostheticize me, Jim. Full robot body.))

>Everyone in the Rec Room.

You get a good, solid look at where the now-missing portion of Simus' body was, and now you can see the full degree of internal cyborgization.  Everything, from the heart, to the lungs, to the spleen, is synthetic, not a single trace of an organic organ remains.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10031 on: November 14, 2012, 07:00:30 am »

((That was...anti-climatic. Oh well. Now to make a new character or use this time to restart Roll to X-Com. I really have been putting that off too long. Hm))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10032 on: November 14, 2012, 07:08:19 am »

Faith glanced a second time at Simus' carcass.

"HA! Knew it, the heartless bitch," she added with uncharacteristic glee, before sobering a bit and returning a concerned gaze to Jim. "Uh, but anyway..."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10033 on: November 14, 2012, 07:34:07 am »

((10000th post and I get a coupon, only to die right after.

At least the thing wasn't vaporized. Also, Jim, prepare for awkwardness when Simus wakes up in her new body.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10034 on: November 14, 2012, 07:54:33 am »

May looks around. "Thanks for foodies Thomas. But did people just die again? Jeez." She stands up and clears her throat.

Sing dis'.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 667 668 [669] 670 671 ... 2101