_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 662 663 [664] 665 666 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5934553 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Stacy Butter
« Reply #9945 on: November 12, 2012, 06:34:28 pm »

Try to program a fun squad-based game in VR. Include nonstandard mechanics.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9946 on: November 12, 2012, 07:16:44 pm »

Find something entertaining to do.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9947 on: November 12, 2012, 10:08:13 pm »

((This will end badly, I'm calling it now.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9948 on: November 12, 2012, 10:16:51 pm »

((Well, it'll probably just involve May.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9949 on: November 12, 2012, 10:20:47 pm »

((Which I guess would still count, but yeah.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9950 on: November 12, 2012, 10:22:18 pm »

"Long..." Milno answered the AM, raising his eyebrows as he watched Travis cower nearby like a puppy who had been kicked one too many times. Then he grinned.

"What now, Travis? Why are you acting like a small frightened animal?"

Answer the AM.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9951 on: November 13, 2012, 12:11:02 am »

Wow, that's really strong. Better lay off it for a while.

Nap in the briefing room for a short while. Dream of something familiar.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9952 on: November 13, 2012, 12:14:13 am »

(Character restart because I was confused last time)

Ash: Wake up from the stasis-thingy
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9953 on: November 13, 2012, 03:03:31 am »

Awakening in the murky confines of a stasis pod, Jobasio had a brief moment of panic before remembering where he was.
He hammered against the door of the pod until it finally slid open, allowing him to drop to his knees in the stasis room, naked, coughing and blinking rapidly as he regained his bearings. 'Well. At least things can't get much worse.'

He smiled grimly to himself at the thought, then looked for some clothes...

>Dress self in shirt & pants.

>Head outside and explore. Make sense of the situation.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9954 on: November 13, 2012, 03:49:25 am »

Retract wristblade, use training sword.

Attempt to strike the opponent across the head at eye level, coming from their non-dominant side. If we lock blades, force it off balance.

[dex:6]
[dum dex:3]
You simply twat the dummy directly in the eye. It drops it's sword and starts screaming.

"YOU HIT ME IN THE FUCKING EYE! WHO DOES THAT! WHO DOES THAT!"

Interesting.  Would putting the symbol on someone who had been poisoned in the long run be helpful?  Perhaps it is better saved for suits.

Keep reading and reading and reading and reading.
(And you've still got two pantheons to go)
"T'asticsis: God of Parasites or other bodily invaders: T'asticsis: patron of worms, T'asticsis the writhing."

The picture on the opposing page shows an attractive young woman in what looks like some sort of odd combination of Nurse's uniform and monastic uniform. She's flanked on either side by what look like giant tapeworms. She looks very pretty, except...is there something under her skin there by her collar? The symbol at the bottom of the page is a coiled worm.

"Mother of parasites and patron of the worm,T'asticsis spreads her children to the flesh of men. She is said to take human form and seduce victims into giving themselves willingly to be home to her brood.

Her Symbol is placed on those infected during their treatment. After placing the symbol the doctor should always be careful not to touch it till the patient has been cured or died, least he be infected himself.  All parasites are seen as her children and prayers to her are requests that she come and reclaim this particular child, bringing it to a more fitting host elsewhere. Considered a very dangerous being to bargain with; her actions are without malice, but  even invoking her name is enough to make one's self a target for infection."

"Hrmm. Bored."

Head to the Rec room, and enter VR. Search for exoskeletons, military or otherwise. Armor is optional.
MkIII has an exoskeleton, though it's a bit too small for you. You just want something like that?

Gorat sighs as he hears that it was "just infighting". At least it wasn't another anomaly invasion. Since he doesn't feel in a programming mood anymore, he decides to get ready for the tournament.

Go back to the rec room to get ready for the tournament. Stay close to the rec room door, just in case.
You go back to the rec room but stay very near the door, always ready to dive out into the hall at the first sign of trouble. At any second someone might cough and start a murder frenzy. Just like last time.

Read that manual on self-defense with a sword in narrow close-quarters
It doesn't go that in-depth. It just says to hold the sword behind your back and then wack them before they can guess where it's coming from.

"Sure, but I'd like to ask a few questions first. First, do amps give off a signature of some kind when active? Second, could you give me a list of all inmates currently active in this section of the ship with Mass Manipulation Psychokinetic Amplifiers installed, if possible? Finely, how much would it cost for you to mount CamEyes externally on my suit, including the cost of the CamEyes? Thanks". After receiving his answer, Travis sells his "loot" and hands over Buckler.

"Buckler, the AM is going to repair you. Stand down and do not initiate hostilities under any circumstances until you return to me"

Travis then cowers in the corner, paranoid with the temporary loss of his body guard, eying everyone suspiciously.

((Piecewise, can I have a character sheet/inventory update please. Thanks))
(after everything in the post
Travis
+1 con, intuiton
-1 exotic, Med,handi
1/3 int,dex,str,end,will,con, aux

Crystalline Projector [9/10]
MK II
Gunner bot
8 token.)

The armory master takes your money and fixes Buckler before your eyes, seemingly using almost nothing but her own amps.

"Tell where it's coming from, no. But As far as I remember only Jim has that kind of amp."

She shoos buckler back out into the room with you.

"Forcibly conscripted ey? Bullshit! Have a go and you'll see why I bought a gun."

Keep rifle at ready, in case conscription proceedings begin.

((as a player, I'd love to get into the tournament, I would have joined if I wasn't broke. But my character probably isn't a fan of press gangs unless he's doing the pressing.))
You wave your rifle around wildly. The hostiles are all over this place, they're coming from the goddamn walls.

Try to program a fun squad-based game in VR. Include nonstandard mechanics.
Non-standard mechanics eh? Thats some disturbing room for interpretation you're leaving me.
[aux:6+1]
You use Tinker to create your own program, running as a subprogram in tinker. You call the program "Apotheosis", a multiplayer in which two small squads of players attempt to eliminate each other in randomized environments. Before each fight the combatants are each given a randomized super power, though the quality of those powers varies greatly. Your test character gains the ability to turn spoons into mice, which doesn't help when you get ambushed by two AI players and take a fire ax to the temple.

"Hey may, I'm looking for something entertaining to do and I figured, hey, May is something entertaining to do.

See, it's a joke about sexual intercourse because thats something we have been known to do."

"Long..." Milno answered the AM, raising his eyebrows as he watched Travis cower nearby like a puppy who had been kicked one too many times. Then he grinned.

"What now, Travis? Why are you acting like a small frightened animal?"

Answer the AM.

"Got a range finder for a sniper, accurate to about a foot, fast calculation time. It's just a rangefinder though, nothing special.Works if thats all you need though."

Wow, that's really strong. Better lay off it for a while.

Nap in the briefing room for a short while. Dream of something familiar.

You dream of a man in a dunce cap holding a bag of white powder labeled "Saccharine". He's wearing a t-shirt that says "This is a metaphor" in bold, capital letters.

huh.

(Character restart because I was confused last time)

Ash: Wake up from the stasis-thingy
You wake up from the stasis-thingy and wipe the stasis-thingy-gel-stuff off your face and cough some excess out of your lungs. You stand, shivering and naked in the barracks. Next to you is a box marked "Clothes"

Awakening in the murky confines of a stasis pod, Jobasio had a brief moment of panic before remembering where he was.
He hammered against the door of the pod until it finally slid open, allowing him to drop to his knees in the stasis room, naked, coughing and blinking rapidly as he regained his bearings. 'Well. At least things can't get much worse.'

He smiled grimly to himself at the thought, then looked for some clothes...

>Dress self in shirt & pants.

>Head outside and explore. Make sense of the situation.
You dawn a pair of pants and a shirt before wandering out of the barracks, ignoring the other naked, goo covered man. You seem to be in a big metal building of some sort. Maybe a spaceship? Maybe a bunker? There are signs painted on the walls. One leads to a hanger. Probably a space ship.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Death count from Cursed Tournament: 2
« Reply #9955 on: November 13, 2012, 05:19:31 am »

((And here I am wondering how Travis got soooo rich when compared to those who lived from the first mission and is still poorer than them. Oh wait, that's just me.))

Examine Arming Sword, then examine Tesla Sabre - the latter for any sign of switches or sockets.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9956 on: November 13, 2012, 07:33:54 am »

Dream of using a blunt knife with "UWM" written on it to stab the t-shirted individual several times.

This is also a metaphor.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Permadeath count from Cursed Tournament: 2
« Reply #9957 on: November 13, 2012, 07:35:37 am »

Pause sim, reset and mute opponent. Restart sim.

Play defensively, attempt to lock blades and disarm.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9958 on: November 13, 2012, 08:01:02 am »

"So," Jobasio muttered to himself as he crept along the soulless white hallways, "The HMRC."
He had heard tales of it, not all of them particularly believable. In fact, most of them smacked of made-up nonsense. Nevertheless, it would probably be prudent to arm himself before going much further. And the angry young man always tried to be prudent.

>Seek some sort of makeshift weapon as I continue!

>Regardless of whether I find one, attempt to find someone to question about this ship and the HMRC system in general!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9959 on: November 13, 2012, 08:04:12 am »

((Yeah, just an exoskeleton that I can fit in.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 662 663 [664] 665 666 ... 2101