_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933435 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Stacy Butter
« Reply #9780 on: November 09, 2012, 08:41:08 pm »

Watch them fight.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9781 on: November 09, 2012, 08:45:28 pm »

Brother Lars made a mental note to mention his findings to Maurice after reading it over.

Keep reading!
"Hen'di: God of internal bleeding. Hen'di the Blind Death, Hen'di the starved."

The image on the opposing page shows A man, emaciated and very pale with a bandage across his eyes. Is mouth is open, showing off rows of thin, razor sharp fangs, like a sharks mouth of hypodermic needles. The symbol at the bottom of the page is a blood drop.

"Hen'di is said to be the cause of internal bleeding, crouching in the body of the injured and drinking their blood to satisfy his own need. He is Prayed to both in the case of internal bleeding and of shock. His Symbol is often placed on patients who are suffering from internal bleeding that the doctor can do nothing to help. Prayers to him are phrased as requests for the god to not  drink too much, or as offers of blood from other sources, usually accompanied by the worshiper cutting his own hand or otherwise spilling a small amount of blood.

As with most gods of the Medic's pantheon, great care should be taken never to place Hen'di's mark on a healthy man, as doing such will draw the god's attention and single out the man as his next unwilling host."

It appears that convicts killing each other is, well, normal around here. That's somewhat distressing.

Think of a good name for the poor dead fellow.
He looks like a "Boots" or maybe a "Scrambles"

Milno smiled. A nice option, actually. "Would that be complicated? How much of an adaptation would be needed?"

Ask.
"That guy thomas had something like it done already, if you care to look. But it wouldn't be much. Cost of cam eyes plus two tokens for work and parts to adapt everything. Keep in mind that they wouldn't fit perfectly flush or anything, they'd stick out a little bit from the front of your helmet, but only an inch or two. "

Play defensively, attempt to lock opponent's blade. If such occurs, use gained leverage to shove them back and strike them upside the head while they're off-balance.

((I ever mention that Simus is ambidextrous?))
[dex:5]
[dum dex:1]
[str:2]
(I don't really give bonuses or anything for the hands anything is held in so I guess everyone is :P)

You successfully knock the dummy off balance and then proceed to tap him on the head very gently.

"Hey- let- me- down- stop- shaking- me- help- you'll- have- to- pay- for- that- arm- if- it- comes- off- you- know-"
Let the crazy person take the tokens!
You drop the tokens and Cog scoops them up before dropping you to the ground.

Quote from: Message to Feyri
Aw, don't feel bad. Cog's a lot less than 50% human, and he's participating.

((I pronounce it Tiroowin.))
((Irony got it right. :P))

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = Faith Valentine
Ohhh, Cog.

Hmm, aren't you participating? I'm actually rooting (is this the right word?) for you or Milno to join in, but then it seems I can't find the lad anywhere.

Also, don't get pets from the Doctor. It's made out of people.
I always pronounced it Tie-ruin. And Feyri  like "Fairy" but with a bit of a speech impediment.
((Oh yay, you got a backstory hook in the name! :P))

"Cog has fists of death."

Quote from: To Faith Valentine
It doesn't look like Cog will be weakened here...

Browse the manual for any ranged weapon that is still of feasible use against armored opponents in this time period.
Well...does being armored in 15th century plate mail count as "Armored"?

"Science!"

Run into a wall.
You run into a wall. This results in you running into a wall.

"Thank you kindly."

Take the tokens and the corpse to the medbay. See what they can do with it.

((I suppose Cog could go unarmed. Though, from poor Scrambles perspective, he might be less lethal with a weapon.))
You drop Mesk, grab the tokens and the corpse and then head to the infirmary, dragging the corpse behind you. You walk into the infirmary proper, hold the body up and yell "ANYONE NEED A CORPSE?"

The doctor walks up and gives the corpse a poke or two.

"Looks pretty fresh. Want something done with it?"

This weapon, it's the one... He had
Flashback to inept team killing idiot shooting me.
[int:4]
You have a fairly accurate flashback to THAT GUY killing you. You're fairly certain he insulted your mother too.
Watch them fight.
You watch the fight fail to continue.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9782 on: November 09, 2012, 08:55:58 pm »

Oh, also just a reminder about the stream that will be running tomorrow at http://www.twitch.tv/piecewise66

These are the movies I have that we may be watching
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you have suggestions or preferences what you want to watch, lemme know. Because otherwise we're watching a combination of good and funny bad sci-fi and making fun of it the whole time. Thinking we'd start with "Dragon wasps" because you know, quality.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9783 on: November 09, 2012, 08:59:00 pm »

While waiting for tournament to start, annoy everyone in the Rec Room.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9784 on: November 09, 2012, 09:00:03 pm »

Head over to the medbay, see what's done with the corpse.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9785 on: November 09, 2012, 09:27:31 pm »

((Aliens Director's Cut, please! When will the stream be starting?

Also, just mentioned that she's ambidextrous because I've been giving directions on the VR training duel based off of (the opponent's) dominant hand.))

Back on the offensive, open with a slash diagonally across the abdomen and chest, starting at the abdomen on the non-dominant side.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9786 on: November 09, 2012, 09:30:54 pm »

Oh dear.  That sounds like an interesting god.

Keep reading!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9787 on: November 09, 2012, 09:42:23 pm »

Emar-i's favor is granted to those who practice medicine proficiently  and do not ineptly injure or kill their patients."
((So nobody. Sounds like a vicious cycle to me. :P

...actually, the Doctor doesn't ineptly injure or kill patients, so, hrm. That's a disturbing thought.))

((Maurice is pretty competent, what with saving two people in a row in mission six.  Lars will likely bring it up with him, failing him seeing one more relevant.  I doubt he's interested in a God of Internal Bleeding, though that's pretty indicative of what kind of holy guidance the average convict is seeking.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9788 on: November 09, 2012, 09:55:53 pm »

Emar-i's favor is granted to those who practice medicine proficiently  and do not ineptly injure or kill their patients."
((So nobody. Sounds like a vicious cycle to me. :P

...actually, the Doctor doesn't ineptly injure or kill patients, so, hrm. That's a disturbing thought.))

((Maurice is pretty competent, what with saving two people in a row in mission six.  Lars will likely bring it up with him, failing him seeing one more relevant.  I doubt he's interested in a God of Internal Bleeding, though that's pretty indicative of what kind of holy guidance the average convict is seeking.))

((His player also seems to have dropped off the face of Bay12. Not been on since October 12.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9789 on: November 09, 2012, 09:58:57 pm »

((Phooey.  Now I'll have to manually go back and see if that vision he had actually happened or if he just made up.   Anyone remember?))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9790 on: November 09, 2012, 10:09:49 pm »

"Like? What could you do with a body?"

Ask.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9791 on: November 09, 2012, 10:17:26 pm »

((Why, make more abominations of course!))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9792 on: November 09, 2012, 11:04:16 pm »

While waiting for tournament to start, annoy everyone in the Rec Room.
You begin making the most annoying sound in the world.

Head over to the medbay, see what's done with the corpse.
You walk to th med bay and begin spying on the corpse. And incidentally the people around it.

((Aliens Director's Cut, please! When will the stream be starting?

Also, just mentioned that she's ambidextrous because I've been giving directions on the VR training duel based off of (the opponent's) dominant hand.))

Back on the offensive, open with a slash diagonally across the abdomen and chest, starting at the abdomen on the non-dominant side.

(Stream will be starting like around 10 or 11 am Pacific Time Zone. If you know when You'll be around we can time it so we start watching alien around then.)

[dex:2]
[dummy dex:1]

You swing and miss. The dummy swings and hits...himself in the foot.

Oh dear.  That sounds like an interesting god.

Keep reading!
"Hadesh: God of external bleeding. Hadesh the skinner, Hadesh of blood."

The image on the opposing page is broken into three panels, that of a a man slicing into his chest with a knife, that of a man with the symbol of Emar-i carved in his chest and that of a skinned man, holding his own cut away skin in one hand and a knife in another.  At the bottom of the page is a simple, stylized picture of a knife.

"Hadesh, like Hen'di, lusts for blood, but unlike Hen'di, he lust to spill blood not out of hunger but simple enjoyment. So great is his love of blood that he constantly cuts into his own flesh in search of it. Prayers to him are attempts to appease his desire, always combined with blood letting of some sort, the more the better. The worshiper should spill the blood and then ask Hadesh to take it, in return for not spilling any more of the patient's blood. His symbol is used similarly, placed on the injured and always drawn in blood so that the god might see the blood already spilled and leave, sated."

"Like? What could you do with a body?"

Ask.
"Useful flesh machines. Pets, as you might say. Or sandwiches. Lots of sandwiches."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9793 on: November 09, 2012, 11:11:06 pm »

((Mmm... sammich.))

The Medic Pantheon is certainly interesting.   Not really what Lars was used to in terms of divine healers.

Keep reading!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9794 on: November 09, 2012, 11:20:23 pm »

"Hrmm. I have a few ideas, but they can wait. Can you freeze the body and still use it? There is a tournament I wish to participate in."

Ask the Doc if he can put the body on ice until the tournament is over.

((Muhahahahahahahahahaha. I know exactly what to do with the body.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 2101