_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933533 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Stacy Butter
« Reply #9765 on: November 09, 2012, 04:28:49 pm »

Jack Scramble's remaining equipment.
Jack appears not to have anything left on him that isn't currently being fought over by two mutants.

"Uh... you killed him, so you should get the bigger share.  I'll just take two, shall I?"
Let Cog take three tokens.
"Nope. My tokens. Unless you want to fight over them?"

Take all of the tokens, then drag the corpse to the medbay.
[mesk str:4]
[cog str:6]
Cog lifts mesk into the air by the wrist and proceeds to shake him vigorously while screaming, "NOPE NOPE NOPE!"

"Thank you, holy Steve."

Huh.  The AM should know, but he could ask her later.

Keep reading!
"Emar-i: God of Medicine. Emar-i the fleshwalker, Emar-i the Seer."

The picture page holds the image of a man, dressed in what look like stylized and very ornate, almost monastic, scrubs, complete with face mask and rubber gloves. He has a third eye in the center of his forehead and is holding a scalpel. The symbol under the picture is a simple drawing of a pupilless eye.

"Emar-i is head and Progenitor of the medic pantheon, father of all it's members. He has domain over all flesh, knows the cause and cure of all sickness, and the treatment of all injuries. His symbol, placed upon the palm of a practitioner,grants that worshiper supernatural diagnostic prowess. When placed on the tools of a practitioner they will never fail, grow dull or malfunction, assuming the practitioner still holds the god's favor. May be placed on the patient as well, to safeguard their recovery.

Emar-i's favor is granted to those who practice medicine proficiently  and do not ineptly injure or kill their patients."

((@Remalle: Orly?))

Milno sighs and gets out of VR, deciding to ask the AM some more questions to pass the time, taking a look at the rec room beforehand to check how the crazymen tournament's preparations are going.

With live weapons, rules about no perma-killing were probably expected to be broken, he supposed, and the amount of meaningless deaths - out of a mission, for a change - would probably be amusing.

When he gets to the rec room, he stumbles onto a scene of Cog and Mesk with their hands tangled inside a dead man's pocket. He shrugs and moves on to the armory. "Have fun molesting corpses."

He gets to the armory booth to ask the armory master about what she apparently likes the most: equipment.
"Is there any set of optics or cameras that have most of the cam-eyes features but do not get your eyes removed?"

Ask.
The armory master shrugs. "You could just use cam-eyes, but not actually stick them in your head. Just wire them up to feed into your faceplate."

((Since I'm guessing Floki is staying dead... (I wasn't sure if PW was perhaps planning for him being revived with extensive brain damage, thus starting a running joke of me having hilariously stupid characters :P) Fresh meat!))

Spoiler: Jobasio Hootzal (click to show/hide)
Another hootzal eh? They sure have some bad luck. Looks good to me.

Quote from: Message to Feyri
If I might ask, why? It's not like we're going to need to use swords anytime soon...

What are the exact rules, though? And is Jim in on it?
Quote from: Feyri Nirel = Faith Valentine
Oh, Jim is in on it. =)

Though, we won't be participating - anyone with less than 50%...humanity is not eligible for joining, I'm afraid to say. Meaning no robots.

Also, those swords are just the equivalent of any improvised weapon on the field. Unless you'd want unarmed combat? :P
(I think it's funny that Feyri is looking at this tournament as a team-building exercise while Jim's just being a ruthless capitalist. XD Anyway, could everyone who's in/wants to be in the tournament send me a PM about it? It's easier for me to keep up with that than repeatedly trawl the thread looking for sign-ups. ^^^; Thanks in advance.)
(("But it is team building!" Also, if you're in need of any help, tell me! D:))

Approach May.

"Hello May, I have information about your Basilisk that I think you may want to know of."

Also, browse the manual the AM gave me - looking up anything that could help me in a field situation when armed with only a sword.

((Oh, just remembered. Tiriun, weren't you looking for a corpse?))
((Me and Feyri are too busy being squicked out to learn what the Doctor does to corpses. Do with it as you will, the last thing I'm expecting in a neutral fashion is you gifting me something.

Also, it's TIRUIN XD))

How do you pronounce my name anyway?
"A field situation" is a bit vague.  Also the manual is written for a time when bows and arrows are the high tech long range weapon so it might be a bit out of date for offering tactical assistance.

((I thought I specified training swords. Nonsharp. Nonfatal. No game overs for either opponent so I didn't need to reset.))

Reset simulation, same parameters (but with actual training swords this time!), and open with a slash to the opponent's non-dominant side, going up through the shoulder.
(ok. Replace the cutting with it bludgeoning your windpipe and smashing your trachea.)
[dex:5]
[dummy dex:3]
[str:2]

You whack the dummy in the shoulder, sliding the blade up and into the side of his head. He doesn't really seem too bothered by it.

Aw, don't feel bad. Cog's a lot less than 50% human, and he's participating.

((I pronounce it Tiroowin.))
((Irony got it right. :P))

Ohhh, Cog.

Hmm, aren't you participating? I'm actually rooting (is this the right word?) for you or Milno to join in, but then it seems I can't find the lad anywhere.

Also, don't get pets from the Doctor. It's made out of people.
I always pronounced it Tie-ruin. And Feyri  like "Fairy" but with a bit of a speech impediment.

A man just got killed over a TV remote. It really makes you appreciate the meaning of life.

Keep sipping. Ponder who the dead man might have been.
[intuition:4-2]
You take a sip. Fuck if you know.

((Thanks for the pronunciation guys. :D))
I'm really thinking about it, but Cog has me worried. I don't know if I can beat him.

...though I guess my odds are better than 1:15, so mathematically I suppose it makes sense to try.

...except he's fighting over a corpse in the rec room. Still trying to figure out what's up with that.

Oh, and as for the Doctor: Doesn't surprise me. Er, you mean people parts, right? That basilisk wasn't a crewmate before being transformed whole, right?
Did you know Cog was a homicidal maniac now? He's ranting about crushing a man's head like a tomato and how he can take gauss rounds.

I'm not so sure I want to fight him without a kinetic amp anymore, tournament or no.
Did I forget to say that equality will be present? Hmm, good point.

I'll ask Steve if there are...uncompensators, like those decompensators. Like...weights?

Anyway, he's the Doc's work I bet. Like the Devil's deal...only we don't know what he sold for it. And I've the impression the Doctor is building a secret abomination in his secret place. :/

Thanks for the heads-up Faith. I knew I could trust you. :D

"Hey Steve! For the tourny, to equalize the competition, can you install temporary uncompensators in...people like Cog, if they want to participate? Their strength advantage and any mutagenic properties do not bode well for his competition."

STEVE!
>What would be the fun in that?

((I have 5 tokens left after the tournement yeah))
To the armoury, buy a crystaline projector.
You buy yourself a crystalline Projector.

It's not that way. But it is close, hum....

Try to focus on the environment, see things slowly and with more details.
You focus on the floor. The world speeds back up to normal and stays that way.

"Not getting involved. I don't have any money, anyway."
Watch them bicker. If one of them kills the other, ask for an arm. If not, go back to May.

You watch the bickering. It looks like cog may be giving you that arm soon, much to mesk's detriment.

Gorat flees the scene of the carnage after paying Jim the entry fee to the tournament. "Can you message me when you guys start?"

Go to the barracks. Take the back-up code for my game, back it up again, and add a difficulty choice to the game. Use the current difficulty as Standard, then add Challenging and Easy mode with appropriate changes.
[aux:5+1]
You increase the difficulty, lock it on hard, and then punch yourself in the face. FUCK YES I AM THE BEST PROGRAMMER!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9766 on: November 09, 2012, 04:42:32 pm »

Brother Lars made a mental note to mention his findings to Maurice after reading it over.

Keep reading!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9767 on: November 09, 2012, 04:44:37 pm »

It appears that convicts killing each other is, well, normal around here. That's somewhat distressing.

Think of a good name for the poor dead fellow.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9768 on: November 09, 2012, 04:48:04 pm »

Milno smiled. A nice option, actually. "Would that be complicated? How much of an adaptation would be needed?"

Ask.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9769 on: November 09, 2012, 04:53:14 pm »

((Camera on a stick!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9770 on: November 09, 2012, 05:05:58 pm »

Play defensively, attempt to lock opponent's blade. If such occurs, use gained leverage to shove them back and strike them upside the head while they're off-balance.

((I ever mention that Simus is ambidextrous?))
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 05:08:27 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9771 on: November 09, 2012, 05:07:00 pm »

"Hey- let- me- down- stop- shaking- me- help- you'll- have- to- pay- for- that- arm- if- it- comes- off- you- know-"
Let the crazy person take the tokens!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9772 on: November 09, 2012, 05:30:29 pm »

Aw, don't feel bad. Cog's a lot less than 50% human, and he's participating.

((I pronounce it Tiroowin.))
((Irony got it right. :P))

Ohhh, Cog.

Hmm, aren't you participating? I'm actually rooting (is this the right word?) for you or Milno to join in, but then it seems I can't find the lad anywhere.

Also, don't get pets from the Doctor. It's made out of people.
I always pronounced it Tie-ruin. And Feyri  like "Fairy" but with a bit of a speech impediment.
((Oh yay, you got a backstory hook in the name! :P))

"Cog has fists of death."

Quote from: To Faith Valentine
It doesn't look like Cog will be weakened here...

Browse the manual for any ranged weapon that is still of feasible use against armored opponents in this time period.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9773 on: November 09, 2012, 05:36:04 pm »

"Science!"

Run into a wall.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9774 on: November 09, 2012, 05:57:23 pm »

Emar-i's favor is granted to those who practice medicine proficiently  and do not ineptly injure or kill their patients."
((So nobody. Sounds like a vicious cycle to me. :P

...actually, the Doctor doesn't ineptly injure or kill patients, so, hrm. That's a disturbing thought.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9775 on: November 09, 2012, 06:52:25 pm »

"Thank you kindly."

Take the tokens and the corpse to the medbay. See what they can do with it.

((I suppose Cog could go unarmed. Though, from poor Scrambles perspective, he might be less lethal with a weapon.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9776 on: November 09, 2012, 07:19:36 pm »

This weapon, it's the one... He had
Flashback to inept team killing idiot shooting me.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9777 on: November 09, 2012, 07:30:03 pm »

((Not sure if he was all that inept... He did hit you, after all. :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9778 on: November 09, 2012, 08:17:16 pm »

((Not sure if he was all that inept... He did hit you, after all. :P))
((Quiet you, are you will be the first to four characters before you even get on a mission :P))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9779 on: November 09, 2012, 08:33:46 pm »

(Just noting I only have five confirmed people in the tournament, although I'm pretty sure May/TCM is in. :P If you gave me a token, PM me ffs. >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 2101