_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 624 625 [626] 627 628 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933190 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Stacy Butter
« Reply #9375 on: November 02, 2012, 07:36:50 am »

"I asked about whether or not it would be possible to modify a human to be able to survive in space without a suit. It was."

To armory master:

"Proctective would be nice. Can't have too much armor."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9376 on: November 02, 2012, 07:41:00 am »

"Thanks, luv."

>Snip that metal into shape! Two pieces, one for each boot.

>Continue on with the planned design.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9377 on: November 02, 2012, 08:33:23 am »

Lars bowed vaguely at Steve.

"Yes, wondrous one!"

He looks at the Armory Master.

"Excuse me, ma'am, but what is the HMRC Pantheon?"

Ask!

((I have no mouth and I must scream))

((EDIT:  I bet PW loves that story.))
My girlfriend played the point and click adventure of that. I know the story but never read it.

http://pub.psi.cc/ihnmaims.txt
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9378 on: November 02, 2012, 08:43:26 am »

Deciding it was as much of a good time as any, since he was probably going to leave next, Milno decided to ask one question that could be more delicate. He wondered how she'd react to it.
"Since you are no longer part of the convicts, what do you gain by making things like the G-Shells and selling them to us?"

After waiting for the answer, he shoots.
"...Is there any teammate that died you miss up to this day?"

Ask.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 08:44:58 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9379 on: November 02, 2012, 10:17:40 am »

"Was the doctor always so unstable? Did you ever have the chance to meet him before he lost it?"
Question.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9380 on: November 02, 2012, 10:31:04 am »

6 Focus chambers, and cover the cable in soft armor. Test on a MkIII suit, cyborg, and Battlesuit.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9381 on: November 02, 2012, 02:50:54 pm »

"H-harems?! That's...surprising given the treatment most convicts have.

"Ma'am, is it possible to own a pet and bring it on missions?"

Ask AM
"Yeah, sure. Doesn't matter to me or anyone else what you bring as long as you do the mission. "

Well, I do want to have as much of the original hand left, and functioning, as possible.  So if it's possible to leave the tendons in, maybe cap it off at the wrist and control everything from there, try that.
Thats possible, with the right preservatives you can keep everything functioning and activated by mechanical pieces, but you're going to run into the problem of weight. Specifically weight distribution and the thing falling over backwards or the like. You could counter that with some "training wheels" or some such. You could have it working without, balancing all the weight above the center of the palm as it "walked" but it's gonna be top heavy and unstable.

Quote from: James Kelly to Feyri Nirel
If you want to call me Jim, James, or Nineteen, it's up to you, but it's fine with me. ^^ We could try organizing a tournament, I suppose. I have enough scrap that I should be able to make a pair of swords for the sole purpose of friendly dueling with them. I don't think I should participate, or the other robot-bodied people. It's not as fair, since we don't tire, among other things. Anyway, I suppose I'll supply the equipment and the prize, if I can make a suitable one. Can you handle the organizing?

Jim attempts to make two rapiers for the sole purpose of dueling. The blades shall be thin with no edges, and the tip will be rounded off and blunt to help prevent injuries. Of course, knowing the amount of idiots on board injuries will likely still happen but he wants to do what he can to lessen the amount.
[exo:1+1+1]
[exo:1+1]
The first rapier comes out more as a mildly soft and randomly dinged up lump of metal.

[exo:2+1]
[exo:3+1]
The second one comes out slightly better, though still looking like an apprentice blacksmith's attempt to make a lance.

Go hang out in the rec room and watch some (random) television.
You head to the rec room and sit on the floor, rather then destroying the new couch, and flip on the new tv. It's a much nicer one, a big flatscreenish thing mounted on the wall. Should destroy this place more often, it's a good way to get upgrades. You flip the tv on and click around.

...Riots on the moon of....

...use of Titans considered turning point in...

...jumped from the bridge while furiously jerking off....

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = James Kelly
That sounds perfect. A balance of strength, endurance, skill, dexterity and intelligence. Perhaps even a tinge of Charisma in taunting your opponent and Will for continuing the fight.

I was thinking first-to-shed-blood-thrice, as per a tradition I heard about, but your system sounds good enough. I'll just ask the AM for some writing implements.

"And after those pets," Feyri continued, stroking the Basilisk in areas which did not cause aggression, "Do you mind us organizing a dueling tournament using these swords the...Tinman made? Meaning, could I borrow some paper and ink for it?"

Ask the AM again!
"Why not just use your data pad?"

((Hehe, yeah, mind control is pretty Fun.))

Faith sighed at the AM. "Thanks, for the suit and advice."

She then spent a minute staring at the... the thing asking her about the treatment.

"Uh... I... just asked about biological medifoam... and... you...?"

She then decided to pet the basilisk, rather surprised that it was so docile.

Pet basilisk. Study spaceship-man in more detail.
(A bioweapon that attacks it's handlers is a bad bioweapon. The doctor is not umbrella corp after all.)

You pet the Basilisk's heavily armored head while looking at the man, but trying not to stare.

He is still humanoid in shape, two arms and two legs, but completely coated in some sort of chitin exoskeleton with a backing of shiny black skin. His face looks like a bone mask, segmented in places, solid in most, with dark, plates of chitin over his eyes. On his back are two giant pods, almost like the ones on a mkIII and what looks like a fleshless wing, like the elongated fingers of a bat but branching out and out, smaller and smaller. The entire wing structure shimmers slightly, the air around it quite hot.

Keep at it until exhausted.
[end:6]
And going and going and going and going.

"What... happened? Last thing I remember, my friends at the office threw me a party for my 50th birthday... it was so nice of them, I thought. And now I'm here? Where is here, exactly? Who are these people?"

Check my possessions. See if I still know how they work. Wander around a bit and take in the sights.
You don't have anything on you, beyond some clothing you don't recognize, and a handful of little token things. Huh, there  are 5 of them. You stick them back in your pocket and wander around till you find what looks like some sort of break room and cafeteria, with all sorts of entertainment stuff to the left and somewhere to eat to the right.

Gorat looks at the messages he received about the game. "Quite difficult" from a James Kelly, "Pretty easy" from some Kyle. "I'm not sure if I can work with that feedback..."

Send a message to James Kelly:
Quote from: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos
I'll tinker with the game in-between missions when I get more feedback on it. So far I have your "Quite difficult" and a "Pretty easy". Perhaps a bit more detail on the difficulty could help? I also had an idea to randomize things, ... but I may have gone a bit overboard with the first implementation.

Go to the rec room. Watch TV, assuming it is available. Watch the news for inspiration for the game.
You sit down next to the big robot man and watch as he flips through the channels. You see the same fragments of stories and shows that he does.

"H-harems?! That's...surprising given the treatment most convicts have.

"Ma'am, is it possible to own a pet and bring it on missions?"

Ask AM

"The doctor gave him to me. He's some genetically made thing. He eats and stuff. Lizzaardddddddddd."

May turns towards the Armory Master. "Harems? Who had them? How was it having them on the ship?"

Set Piecewise down and inquire.
You set the Basilisk down on the floor and talk to the armory master.

"Some guy bought himself a bunch of women from a planet they were visiting, traded for his weapons and stuff no doubt. I think he quite enjoyed himself till the next mission when he had no weapons. Most of the girls are working somewhere on the ship now, though we dropped a few off on various planets."

"I asked about whether or not it would be possible to modify a human to be able to survive in space without a suit. It was."

To armory master:

"Proctective would be nice. Can't have too much armor."
"Well, I could make you something custom, like a civic defender's longcoat but more a cloak. Would cost like...5 or so tokens."

"Thanks, luv."

>Snip that metal into shape! Two pieces, one for each boot.

>Continue on with the planned design.
[handi:2]
You sort of pile all the parts for the razor shoes together and command them to spontaneously self assemble.

They do not comply.
Lars bowed vaguely at Steve.

"Yes, wondrous one!"

He looks at the Armory Master.

"Excuse me, ma'am, but what is the HMRC Pantheon?"

Ask!

((I have no mouth and I must scream))

((EDIT:  I bet PW loves that story.))
My girlfriend played the point and click adventure of that. I know the story but never read it.

http://pub.psi.cc/ihnmaims.txt
"It's the gods of this Corps, if that makes sense." The armory master replies, "It's the religion thats sprung up in this ship and others. Gods rather specifically catering to the kinds of lives people live around here: namely short and terrified ones."
Deciding it was as much of a good time as any, since he was probably going to leave next, Milno decided to ask one question that could be more delicate. He wondered how she'd react to it.
"Since you are no longer part of the convicts, what do you gain by making things like the G-Shells and selling them to us?"

After waiting for the answer, he shoots.
"...Is there any teammate that died you miss up to this day?"

Ask.
"I'm helping people who need help. Good enough for me." She says. The the second question she glances around the room and responds "Another time, maybe, but not now."

"Was the doctor always so unstable? Did you ever have the chance to meet him before he lost it?"
Question.
"The doctor has been here longer then I have and He's always been the way he is now, as far as I know."

6 Focus chambers, and cover the cable in soft armor. Test on a MkIII suit, cyborg, and Battlesuit.
The effects of the laser are...odd. The MK III gets cut randomly, almost as though  you're turning the laser on and off as you wave it about, strobing it. It's cuts are insanely thin as well. Against the Battlesuit it doesn't penetrate but causes something that looks almost like chemical or acid burning, strange dark pitting as though you splashed acid on the metal and it's corroding.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9382 on: November 02, 2012, 03:07:58 pm »

Save current, then reduce to 5 focus chambers and modify the lasing mechanism to fire in pulses instead of continuous beams.

Test on another MkIII, Full Prosthesis, and Battlesuit, and observe any changes to the existing ones.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 03:19:43 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9383 on: November 02, 2012, 03:08:36 pm »

Start the procedure anyway.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9384 on: November 02, 2012, 03:10:08 pm »

Lars nods.

"Do you have some information on them?  I'd like to learn about the gods in it besides Steve."

Ask!

((Reduce them?  You just built a quantum laser!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9385 on: November 02, 2012, 03:23:26 pm »

Well. Must be some kind of vacation resort, one of those modern ones that the kids love. Was this the surprise present they were talking about? I don't rightly know. I had better hold on to these tokens. Who knows what use they might have here.

He felt his stomach rumbling.

No time to fool around, I think. Time to chow down!

Obtain a meal composed of the most exquisite and tasty-looking components I can find.

This food isn't really the best I've had, to be honest. The meat tastes... odd. Kind of familiar.

That's because it's people, Stacy. Real live people. Can you taste the difference?

He laughed at this private joke. Never gets old at parties, that one.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9386 on: November 02, 2012, 03:29:28 pm »

Jim decided the second one was good enough - it wasn't supposed to be a great weapon, after all - and melted the first one back down in an attempt to make it at least 80% like the other one.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9387 on: November 02, 2012, 03:33:37 pm »

Floki grunted with mild annoyance as progress stalled on his boots.
He muttered something about 'Tinsnips...' and 'Been in stasis too long...' and then grabbed up the tinsnips again, exhaling slowly before trying again, more sensibly this time.

>Put the dang things together! (Also, don't I get a +1 to handiwork?)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9388 on: November 02, 2012, 03:44:39 pm »

"Hrmm. Guess I'll need to skip the protection till after I get some more token. How much would a normal cloak cost? Oh, and any suggestions for a comm? I really don't like the thought of hand signals in space."

To Faith:

"Name's Cog. You and I hid behind a rock when that dam blew up. Not that it did you much good."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9389 on: November 02, 2012, 04:10:52 pm »

(( I think I'm gonna join in, so...
Spoiler:  Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Is this good?))
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 06:20:43 pm by OREOSOME »
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.
Pages: 1 ... 624 625 [626] 627 628 ... 2101