_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5932476 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: St. Milno
« Reply #9150 on: October 29, 2012, 11:29:34 am »

Follow May to her pet, sit down and continue writing. Eat as well.
"Did you ever do that thing with Renen, May?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9151 on: October 29, 2012, 01:43:31 pm »

Sorry about the lack of these recently. Hotline Miami came out. And it continued to exist.
ER Xcom Journal:The universe is very glitchy.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"I've only been in contact with the Virtual Reality machines that was available to us 'inmates', as you call it. Though it does have a niche that provides us with freeform experimenting and tinkering, I'd like to try my own hand at modifying what I'd be using in the field.

"...Unless you consider me too incompetent anyway, I'd understand."

Reply to Scientist.
"What specifically do you want to modify? And how?"

"Damn you, crippling lack of self control!  Damn you to hell!"
"...Miss Armoury Master, can I have some more food?"
She gives you some jerky.

Faith grit her teeth. That psychopath! What was wrong with him, dragging her off and then... then whatever he had done to her. "Full medical suite" or some other such nonsense... she really didn't want to become a mobile medicine chest.

She thought for longer than she'd planned to about looking down at her arm. Of course she wanted to see what was down there, it was her arm. Then she reconsidered, remembering that there was certainly nothing she could do to stop it and painful things often went better when the patient wasn't watching it. Urgggghhhh...

She settled for grabbing the book with her right hand. She was quite certain it'd be a book of horrible maimings or something similarly deranged, but it was fairly literally either that or clenching her eyes shut muttering pleadings to a deaf deity.

Read book. Do not look at arm.
You grab the book and begin flipping through it. It seems to be a collection of completely unconnected short stories written by fairly mediocre author.

You read the first.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Your jaw upper teeth start to ache now.

(SerCon: Wait for action to be processed. And X-Com update, hopefully?)
Sorry about that.

Jim instead changes his emoticon to (. Y . ) in the hopes of distracting Floki with boobs and attacks non-lethally again.
Floki grinned at the icon popping up on the robot's 'face'. "Tryin' ta distract me, hey?"

>Resist distraction.

>Thwap Jim on head with flat of blade, whilst preferably not getting hit myself.
[Scrambles will:3-1]
Scrambles face goes blank as he stares at the very poor simulacrum of breasts on Jim's face. Jim capitalizes on the opportunity.
[jim dex:5]
[jim str:3+1]
[scrambles end:2]
Jim proceeds thwack Scrambles directly in the side of the head with the flat of his blade, sending Scrambles cartwheeling to the ground, completely unconscious and dreaming of poorly rendered boobs.

Head to the VRs and ask Steve for input on how to operate them.
Neither of these things are functioning right now.

Head to the VRs and ask Steve for input on how to operate them.

((VRs are crispy and Steve is unreachable directly at the moment.))

Watch the cyborg woman. Don't be creepy about it, though. Act natural.

Damn it all, find somebody who appears to be completely new here (and is not Avocado Sandvich) and mostly unoccupied! Send them the message, including the image in the message itself, not as a separate attachment. Observe from a distance.
You send a copy to Derro.

Simus glances down at her wristpad to see the new message, but does not open the file.

She then gets up and walks straight past Stacy, without even glancing at him, going somewhere where there is nobody else around, or, at least, nobody that would care.

((Wrong person, man. Simus was fully aware of the psycho painting, and with VR withdrawal, she may be becoming slightly more paranoid and slightly more inclined to not care about getting rid of annoyances. Though the latter might be the bluesmokes.))
You wander to the hanger and go sit in the airlock, making sure to keep the inner door open.

"Well, I've seen some inmates with prosthetics, so maybe you could give me replacements? Maybe something like a squid? I know they have propulsion and limbs to walk on."

Ask about legs that stick out the side of my body, and not the bottom.
"That could work" The doctor says, "though clamping quad legs to you wouldn't be very elegant. Fine."

He walks over and hands you another lump of flesh.

"Eat. I'll go get some robotic legs."

He walks out of the room.

((Also, pretty sure she just got mouthraped by the Doctor's geneticin' proboscis. Well, that or he's [REDACTED], but I don't think he'd want to have to exert that much control indefinitely.))
((Yeah, she was violated in a terrible way by him. Ahahahaha. I mean, not nice, but not surprising. I was already expecting the Doctor would start to use Faith as he pleased sooner or later.))

"Makes sense, I guess." he asked. Remembering her unusual ability with amps, he decided to throw in another question, since the woman looked like someone from some military organization. "Did you have any amp before being brought into the ship?"

Ask.

((Yes, I know she had a mundane job before the HMRC, but Milno doesn't know it. :P))
"Nah. I worked in a bakery."

Search for the doc and ask.

Hey, can we continue the training?

If it is not possible to find him, go to the armory and ask:

Hey, can you give some tips of how to survive and tell me where we can train around here?
You walk with the doctor as he wanders down the hall in the back of the infirmary.
"Yes, yes. I suppose I should tell you that Physical modification is pretty much mandatory for this. We should probably do that bit first, gives you a better chance to survive."

Brother Lars sat in the floor in front of the rec room door.  It wasn't opening, but surely they'd be done soon, right?

Ponder the disciples of Steve (that is- AM and the Doctor)

((Fun fact: assuming the 20% survival rate quoted very early holds up and applies to permadeath, that means for every one person that makes it through 10 missions, 9765625 didn't.

Dare you ask Steve how many people haven't made it?

Also, whose body parts is that jerky made out of?  Let Milno try it to see if it tastes like his armburger.))
[int:1-1]
You gurgle and slap yourself repeatedly.

You nibble jerky while watching May play with her lizard and typing absentmindedly.
[int:3-1]
Uh...welp. Hm. 

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9152 on: October 29, 2012, 01:51:13 pm »

(Taking into consideration the earworm incident, I think Jim started panicking because Bishop started panicking, since that's never a good sign. And thanks for the update, I started watching an LP of X-Com EU and it looks pretty fun. ^^^

@Toaster: It's probably made out of Jim, for obvious reasons.)

"...That settles that," Jim said to no one in particular, collecting the cutlass and putting both his swords away. His wristpad was showing a new message from somebody named Stacy on the ship. It looked like a spam e-mail, but he went ahead and opened it anyway. He probably had antiviruses on this platform for shit like that.

(And now if Jim goes off on someone it's going to be even more ridiculous because I didn't bother changing his emoticon.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9153 on: October 29, 2012, 01:56:12 pm »

((Hooray for field triage!

Also, I liked that story given to Irony.))

"This laser rifle- I mean, a laser rifle." Right, it's with that Thomas fellow...

Feyri looked uncertain before deciding to tell the man. He had a code of confidentiality like the doctors had, right?

"I remember something my sister showed me, a techie and all - you don't mind if I tell you a story anyway, no, probably would just give the wrong impression of me. So anyway, about lasers and all that - I remember that they can damage anything, given the fact that not even reflective substances are immune to them. What I'd want to make is a portable version of the cutting laser in the compactness of a laser rifle, probably powered by...the very reaction that powers stars.

"Aaaand now I'm being vague and idealistic again. Just...do you have instruments that can kill biological cells that is similar to a laser? As in compatible with a firing laser?"

Ask.

((Poorly rendered. :P))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9154 on: October 29, 2012, 02:05:29 pm »

((Piecewise writes such bright, happy, and optimistic worlds.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9155 on: October 29, 2012, 02:30:09 pm »

I'll give her the DF/lovecraft story next if she keeps reading. After that I'll have to move into satire or something.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9156 on: October 29, 2012, 02:31:06 pm »

Faith furrowed her brow. What a grim story. At least it'd distracted her long enough for her teeth to start their transformation into syringes or whatever.

Lay down, shut eyes. Attempt to calmly meditate.

Ninja'd:
I'll give her the DF/lovecraft story next if she keeps reading. After that I'll have to move into satire or something.
((Ooh. Well, now I have to keep reading. Just not yet.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9157 on: October 29, 2012, 02:40:25 pm »

Lars flopped against the door again.  Well, this was going nowhere.  Brain hurt, naptime.

Naptime!  Take a nap in the middle of the hallway.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9158 on: October 29, 2012, 02:49:12 pm »

'Yay, another piece of alien to eat. Fucking wonderful. Bottoms up."

Eat flesh, then sit down. Try not to crush my heat exchange as I do so.

((Convinced my legs are going to rot off.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9159 on: October 29, 2012, 02:55:00 pm »

((That story made me feel all warm inside. Thanks, piecewise!))

Watch Derro. Keep my distance. Don't look away for anything.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #9160 on: October 29, 2012, 02:58:39 pm »

"I might be doing this wrong."

Check my code to make sure I didn't introduce anything bad by accident (or design), like deleting files or something. If the code is clean, send a compiled version to everyone with the following text attached:
Quote from: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos; to everyone
Trying to pass the time by writing a small game. Anyone want to test it and give feedback?
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9161 on: October 29, 2012, 03:44:52 pm »

"Nice job Jim. I've been itching to see that bastard cop something since he sack-whacked me. Cheers."

Grin a bit. Realize that a grin without two front teeth looks pretty stupid. Also realize it's not christmas, so it's probably best to fix that now. Go to the infirmary. Ask any doctors around if they could fix my teeth for me.

"Hey doc. What's the dental plan here like? Could you do something about this?"

Grin at doctor showing the missing teeth.
It's a game. Have fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9162 on: October 29, 2012, 03:50:58 pm »

A baker. One would wonder how she went from working with bakery to being a HMRC convict, but he was a farmer before being shipped off, so it was not exactly surprising people of all types ended up into that hellhole.
"Do you miss your former life?"

He asked it because he himself had his doubts when putting both lives in perspective; his former life was devoid of expectatives and motivations.

The young man had been helping his family in their land since his childhood, been given a small patch of land to take care of alone in his 15th birthday and was supposed to get married around his 20s, without much choice in the matters of who his wife would be - the families generally preferred others who lived near their plots to establish marriages.

Basically, he had been "saved" from his former melancholic life and put into a new, violent one where his survival wasn't very sure. The nagging in the back of his head came from part of him that said it had been a good experience...And that he could grow to like the situation, in some way.

Ask.

((Am I acting awkwardly enough in my conversations as Milno? :P))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9163 on: October 29, 2012, 03:50:59 pm »

"No, I haven't really seen him. But he's being less rapey, so I guess it's okay....though if you ever wanted to do anything like that..." >v<

Go back to the Armory Master. Request a steak.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9164 on: October 29, 2012, 04:12:49 pm »

(( Does she have everything back there? C'mon, request a stake, not a steak. Actually, I just had an idea. "Sambo Jin: Pinko Hunter". I've got the hammer, now there's just one more thing needed. Maybe a crossbow as well. Plus some more insanity, but I'm sure that will be taken care of in due time. ))
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 2101