_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 604 605 [606] 607 608 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5930124 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: St. Milno
« Reply #9075 on: October 27, 2012, 02:10:18 am »

Faith jolted straight up. Nonononononononononono.

"Oh, I wasn't volunteering!" she said quickly, not wanting to be a living medical tank. "I was just, you know, thinking maybe you could do that to something else that I could carry around? I... I really like being human, you see..." she finished with an apologetic smile.

"A-and speaking of which, what ever happened to all those other experiments you did on me? The ones to rewrite someone's mind in case of mindrape?" she added quickly, hoping to change the subject.

Nooooooooo!
"Oh, yes." The doctor says, seeming to snap out of it. "The system is over there, in the box next to the third bed. It's been finished for a while. I forgot your name."

Thomas pauses for a moment and tries to think on what to ask her.
"Well... I'm writing a book. About life n' stuff. I was thinking about life here, and I realized that it's almost kind of pointless. We go on missions, then we almost die. Then, they put us back together, and we go on more missions until we die for real. They sweep up the pieces, and take the profit. I'm wondering why people still go for missions. I mean, each mission robs you of something, and even if you make it through ten missions still somewhat complete, I doubt they really release you."
He sighs in an almost hopeless way.
"But we still do it..."
He looks at her with tears in his eyes.
"I guess... I guess I'm really asking for you to help me. Help me figure out why we do what we do. Help me figure out why I'm so depressed. Just help me, please."
Try and soldier through the hopelessness.
((This sounds so corny to me.))
(If it feels out of character then don't do it. Just consider it a unrelated existential crisis and go back to having sex with your weird albino girlfriend.)

Any designs you're particularly proud of or that you think are quite effective in the field?

Chat.
"Eh. Nothing particularly innovative really. I've never had much of a use for normal weapons; I just made things soldiers asked for. Rocket launchers, land mines, surveillance cameras, tracking systems, Automated turrets, stun batons, the like. That and some special ammo and weapon modifications. If I got bored I suppose I could do something more imaginative."

((P.S. it was insane.))
((You put a P.S. without a body or main concept of an idea?))

"Oh...right. Err, yeah. Forgot that.

"So do you think there is any way I could modify this Arming Sword right here? Make it's metal durable and sturdy to withstand strikes against other metal, or even diamond? Also, I want to inquire about my...internal organs. They're synthetic, you see, so...could you tell me more about them?"

Ask the scientist!

"Yeah, you can get a Monoatomic sword and stop messing around with a big lump of scrap. Also, normal synthetic organs are pretty much identical to normal ones. Well, mostly. Hope you didn't want kids."

Despite being forced back, Jim attempted to gain momentum with a quick pommel-strike to the stomach.
((Eeep, sorry, I haven't had my computer til last night and am frantically trying to catch up! I've not read all these new pages yet, but...))

Floki quick-stepped fowards, trying to keep Jim off-balance. He shot one leg fowards, trying for a trip...

>Hook one foot around my oponent's robotic leg, then attempt to knock him over with a blow from the cutlass's basket hilt!

[jim dex:2]
[scrambles:5]
[5-2]
[scrambles str:3]
[jim str:5]
[5-3]

Scrambles hooks one foot on jim's leg and thwacks him in the chest with his cutlass, trying to push him over.The blow strikes directly on Jim's chest but does stagger him an inch. In fact, he takes a step forward, jamming his face directly into Scrambles'

"Well, I suppose that's better than nothing. For future reference, how much would one of those cost?

Anyway, about the Microwave Manipulator... since it can alter temperature, could I use it on a mission to flash-freeze someone's brain so it could be revived once we got back to the ship?

Finally, are there any automated manipulators that can be programmed to do several different attacks? Like an automated Microwave Field Manipulator that gave you the option of superheating or freezing something."

((Not that I expect there to be an affirmative answer to that last one, but why not ask?))

Continue asking questions.
"5 cheapest, 20 most expensive. You could flash freeze a brain, we did that a few times. Preserves it well enough but it can have some bad side effects. Cell damage, memory loss, the like. And automated Field manipulators are...complicated. They don't work well in varied situations. If you had them protecting or attacking a set location it would be fine, but varied locations would be bad. "

"Can the charge be cancelled in case I point at a target too far away and decide to stop? Also, how feasible it is to lock on an imaginary point behind and to the side of a target so I may actually employ a melee attack with something using the momentum?"
Milno asked, wary of the problems the whole system would bring and glad he had learned some new words.

And before he forgot..."And can the system be easily switched from the suit's full speed to 'half breakneck speed', for example?"

Ask.
"Sure. You can cancel it or set it to go to some other point. And there's a setting in there for speed. Should be fairly easy."

Figure out the typical character traits of a Magister and try to incorporate those in the painting. Paint the Magister in the regalia of my own world. If that fails, just write "THE UWM IS YOUR FRIEND" at the top of the painting.

[handi:1]
You write "FUCK THE UWM!" across the door.

Wait...what were you doing?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9076 on: October 27, 2012, 02:15:39 am »

"Well... um... guess I'd better finish it, then."
Paint a Magister giving a middle finger on the door. Paint him in the regalia of my world.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9077 on: October 27, 2012, 02:18:39 am »

With a twitch and a groan, Mesk's eyes open.  A few moments later he half-rises, half-rolls out of his bunk and staggers, barely lucid, from the barracks to the med bay, unconscious of those around him.   Finally, he reaches his destination, and flops onto the nearest flat surface, eyes already closing again.
Take a nap on an operating table.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9078 on: October 27, 2012, 02:24:03 am »

Jim quickly flashes his emoticon to bright white in an attempt to momentarily blind or distract his opponent, then steps forward and chest-bumps Floki back further.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9079 on: October 27, 2012, 04:28:25 am »

A suit.... ,this is some strong stuff.
Realise this is a view of what a life of addiction will bring me, throw away the bottle.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9080 on: October 27, 2012, 05:37:12 am »

"Yeah, you can get a Monoatomic sword and stop messing around with a big lump of scrap. Also, normal synthetic organs are pretty much identical to normal ones. Well, mostly. [...]
[...]
[...]

Feyri didn't reply for a few moments, holding her arming sword as she mused over the scientist's last words...

"Can I have a monoatomic sword then? And...can you tell me how much of me is synthetic?!"

ASK! D:

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #9081 on: October 27, 2012, 07:45:05 am »

Try to write a simple platformer shoot-and-run with primitive graphics.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9082 on: October 27, 2012, 09:58:55 am »

((Well I kind of fell off the face of the world instead of writing my first post like I intended.  But it seems to've been to my benefit anyway.  I both got a job and got to skip having my character possibly mangled on the ship itself!))

Derro became vaguely aware of his surroundings a moment after he was dumped from the stasis pod he'd been tucked away in.  A confused jumble of memories--he'd been caught in his basement, with some very illegal materials, attempting to do something very illegal, and then... bundled away to be given a death sentence of the most grim sort.  He was no sort of conscript material, he didn't think... but he could be.  And he'd show the bastards then.  Out here, surely he could get away with...

...He was naked.  He sat up slowly, rubbing his face.  Naked was not the way to be. 

Put on clothes and head out onto the ship, aiming for the cafeteria area first.

((And a question about world history--would Alien and its sequels still be known to any average citizen or is it assumed that most our-day media has long since gone to forgotten dust?))
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 11:22:48 am by Wirevix »
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9083 on: October 27, 2012, 11:28:01 am »

Thomas suddenly snaps out of it, and stands up.
"S-Sorry. Guess the stress got to me. I'm kind of a bad boyfriend..."
He smiles apologetically, and runs his hand over the back of his hair.
"I'm going to go eat something. You can come with, if you want."
Go to the cafeteria.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9084 on: October 27, 2012, 01:34:24 pm »

"Well... um... guess I'd better finish it, then."
Paint a Magister giving a middle finger on the door. Paint him in the regalia of my world.
[handi:5]
You paint a perfect image of a Magister in the regalia of our world; a older man, well fed, with gray hair and tight cropped beard, bedecked in lavish psudo-military uniform. He is making an enraged face and giving you the double bird.

With a twitch and a groan, Mesk's eyes open.  A few moments later he half-rises, half-rolls out of his bunk and staggers, barely lucid, from the barracks to the med bay, unconscious of those around him.   Finally, he reaches his destination, and flops onto the nearest flat surface, eyes already closing again.
Take a nap on an operating table.
You stumble into the Infirmary and pass out on one of the beds.
"Margle fargle dibity blarghhhhh"

A suit.... ,this is some strong stuff.
Realise this is a view of what a life of addiction will bring me, throw away the bottle.
You huck the bottle off the roof. Nothing really seems to happen except that you now have no bottle.
"Yeah, you can get a Monoatomic sword and stop messing around with a big lump of scrap. Also, normal synthetic organs are pretty much identical to normal ones. Well, mostly. [...]
[...]
[...]

Feyri didn't reply for a few moments, holding her arming sword as she mused over the scientist's last words...

"Can I have a monoatomic sword then? And...can you tell me how much of me is synthetic?!"

ASK! D:
"You can go buy one. Also I don't know how much of you is synthetic. You should probably ask someone in the infirmary."

Try to write a simple platformer shoot-and-run with primitive graphics.
[aux:5+1]
You program a simple, contra like run and gun game. It is brutally difficult.
((Well I kind of fell off the face of the world instead of writing my first post like I intended.  But it seems to've been to my benefit anyway.  I both got a job and got to skip having my character possibly mangled on the ship itself!))

Derro became vaguely aware of his surroundings a moment after he was dumped from the stasis pod he'd been tucked away in.  A confused jumble of memories--he'd been caught in his basement, with some very illegal materials, attempting to do something very illegal, and then... bundled away to be given a death sentence of the most grim sort.  He was no sort of conscript material, he didn't think... but he could be.  And he'd show the bastards then.  Out here, surely he could get away with...

...He was naked.  He sat up slowly, rubbing his face.  Naked was not the way to be. 

Put on clothes and head out onto the ship, aiming for the cafeteria area first.

((And a question about world history--would Alien and its sequels still be known to any average citizen or is it assumed that most our-day media has long since gone to forgotten dust?))
(Well, we're several thousand years in the future of a universe that may or may not be identical to the one we inhabit. So feel free to reference it, teammate may get it, but don't expect NPC's to. )

You grab some clothing and wander out of the barracks, following the signs toward the Rec/Mess room. You find the door easily enough but it seems locked. Huh.

Thomas suddenly snaps out of it, and stands up.
"S-Sorry. Guess the stress got to me. I'm kind of a bad boyfriend..."
He smiles apologetically, and runs his hand over the back of his hair.
"I'm going to go eat something. You can come with, if you want."
Go to the cafeteria.
You join the new guy and Brother lars in bouncing feebly against the door like a pack of lost rombas.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9085 on: October 27, 2012, 01:38:29 pm »

Go get food/snacks from the AM.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9086 on: October 27, 2012, 02:11:05 pm »

"Let it never be said that I leave a job half-finished!"

Briefly admire my handiwork, then check if I still have the Star-Eater picture on my wristpad. If I do, find an unarmed person next to a reasonably dangerous-looking person in my vicinity and send a message that includes the picture as an attachment to the unarmed person. See what happens.

The message:
Quote from: Stacy Buttle, Your Friend
Attachment: sbpainting

Hello. I would be much obliged if you were to take a look at the picture included in the attachment to this message. It is of the utmost importance to me and, I suspect, many others as well.

Sincerely,
Stacy Buttle
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 02:29:25 pm by Harry Baldman »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9087 on: October 27, 2012, 02:18:37 pm »

"Doc's taking a long time."

Wait for the doc.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9088 on: October 27, 2012, 02:25:44 pm »

((Ah well, wouldn't be of any use then so it will not be something Derro can reference.))

"Err?  Well, that's... not terribly convenient.  I wonder what's going on."  Derro looks to the other two who've shown up by the door, but it seems they don't know about it being locked either.

Start inspecting the other main doors around the place, to see if there is anywhere he can get into.
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #9089 on: October 27, 2012, 02:46:04 pm »

"That went better than expected."

Playtest.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 604 605 [606] 607 608 ... 2101