_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5931710 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: St. Milno
« Reply #9045 on: October 26, 2012, 12:38:12 pm »

"Just something I heard through the grapevine. Then again, I heard it from some guy in research and they're all lonely bastards so their minds are always in the gutter."

Something occurred to Milno as he heard the man... He clinked his gauntleted hand's fingers on the counter, considering matters. He somehow doubted they know anything about that piece of alien equipment when even the armory master claimed not being familiar to it.

"Fine. What are the limits of the system? What are the range limits and how much would it cost to upgrade it for ranged target-locking later?"

Ask.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9046 on: October 26, 2012, 02:37:22 pm »

(@Toaster: The only two people who might be interested in that are Lars and May, though. Lars for spreading his message and May for just spreading obscenity in general. XD)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9047 on: October 26, 2012, 05:26:35 pm »

Wake up with a wide smile on my face.
"Good Steve, did I need that or what. Naps can truly solve all of the world's problems."
Check if I still have my painting supplies. If I don't, get some. Paint an uplifting, motivational picture of a friendly Magister giving a thumbs-up on the briefing room door, hopefully one that will raise the spirits of any who are sent off to their potential deaths.

You go grab some paints and walk to the Briefing room door but then stop and think for a moment. Hmm the problem is that all the Magisters dress and look different depending which planet or system they come from...hmm You suppose you could just make one that looks like the one for your world, but that might confuse others...Maybe labeling? Hmmm.

Go back to barracks. Tear up the freshest looking sheet (ignoring white stains, etc) into strips for make-shift bandages and stuff to tie stuff up with. Store them.

"Shit, I'd hate to be the poor sod getting bandaged by these."

Go to the armoury. Ask AM: "Do you have any electrical tape or gaffer tape or something like that I could have?"
You tear up a sheet into some nice vaguely bandage like strips before running to the armory and asking for some tape. The armory master gives you a reasonably large roll of black electrical tape.

((I thought I was talking to someone in the labs like my action said...

Err, ok. Back to the Armory I am. O_o))

"Mug someone...

"Alright, do you have any viable target who I haven't met yet, and a general description of how to find them?"

Prepare self for Operation: Mugging.

While Feyri was truly against attacking another convict, she was curious if the regular staff of the Sword had any care. If they did, then a target would be presented or they would just state a general attack nonchalantly. If they didn't...
Oops, yeah you're at the research kiosk. This is what happens when I post at 2am.

"No? I dunno all you people or your finances."

((Brother Lars would be a perfect target for Simus at the moment for 2 reasons: 1: He's starting to annoy her, big IC reason. 2: I think he still has his original 5 tokens.

Consolation Prize for Lars: He lives afterwards, but gets confined to medbay for a bit, much like... Mesk, I think it was? With his busted spine... twice. I may not be above mugging an annoying character, but I'm not going to be a dick and permakill another player.))

Head to the armory.

Hey, since you're the Armory Master, have you created any weapons or stuff yourself?
"Yeah, a few. Mostly modifications of existing things but some new ones."

((Hah, love the Doctor. :P))

Faith gave a small, nervous cough. So... that was revolutionary, then? Well... at least he was considering it now, right...?

"Er, yeah. Cause I mean, I just figured it could, you know, turn food or something into free medical supplies, and having a lot of those could be handy, and..."

She sort of trailed off, not really sure what he was looking for beyond "And it could murder people in its spare time."

Awkward goo talk.
The doctor doesn't seem to be listening, instead being lost in thought.

"Yes. Yes. Organic foam. Drug generation Yes, complete medical suite."

He turns to you, "We can start now if you want."

Lars, oddly pleased with himself, returns the marker to the Armory.

Hmm... wonder if his inscription in the Rec Room was going to be okay?  He'd have to check.

Check on the status of the Rec Room, specifically his inscription of the Commandments of Steve.

((Serious:  You could always run ads on your emoticon face for tokens.))

"Hmm. Modifying for the sake of healing rather than murder? What an odd thought. Interesting."

((You've blown his mind!))

Awkward goo talk.

((Hot.))

You flop against the door to the rec room like some sort of mentally deficient trout, twacking the door while making high pitched whining noises.

Pet the Basilisk.
You open the top of the box and stick your hand in. You pet the top of the Basilisk's head. It sits around and passively lets you run your fingers over it's head.

"Thank you officer. I guess I'll check them in the VR when that is back online to make my choice."

Scoot back to the barracks. See if I can use my wristpad to program.
You walk back to the barracks and sit down on the bed. I looks like you could program something simple on this thing.

"Oh... Makes sense. Do you know of any other staff here who are ex-convicts?"
"Armory master."

Continue through the door.

You start to take a step and are immediately falling through space again. The swirling neon coalesces a moment later and you're laying on your back, staring up at the expanse of the night sky, an unknown night sky with three great moons. You sit up. You're wearing a rather nice looking suit, form fitting, black with a white undershirt and red tie, and your legs from the knee down are dangling into a swimming pool. You seem to be on top of a rather large building, in a sort of rooftop garden or patio like area. All around you stretches a light speckled forest of skyscrapers, scattered windows aglow above the impossibly straight luminescent river of  slowly flowing head and tail lights on the road below. In your right hand is a bottle of Maldavian Mind Rot.

You sniff and realize your nose is bleeding.

Hm, originally I was going to wait until my next mission to get my equipment, but it would seem the ship isn't nearly as safe as I thought it would be.

With that thought in mind, Kyle headed down to the armory, deciding to invest in his short-term plan of "not dying".

"Excuse me, Armory Master? I'd like to buy a Tesla Sabre, please.", he said, handing over his 5 tokens.

"Also, after my last mission, I was wondering if there are any reliable ways to resist the various mind control amps. I know I can't really afford any of them just yet, but I'd like to know regardless."

The armory master hands you a tesla sabre while answering your question.

"There are ways, yes, but they're not exactly pleasant or foolproof. They're basically automated field manipulators that alter your mind back from whatever the attacker is trying to change."

"Just something I heard through the grapevine. Then again, I heard it from some guy in research and they're all lonely bastards so their minds are always in the gutter."

Something occurred to Milno as he heard the man... He clinked his gauntleted hand's fingers on the counter, considering matters. He somehow doubted they know anything about that piece of alien equipment when even the armory master claimed not being familiar to it.

"Fine. What are the limits of the system? What are the range limits and how much would it cost to upgrade it for ranged target-locking later?"

Ask.
"Well, as it is now the system just lets you mark a location and then the suit goes to that location at top speed. Of course we'll use sensors  to make it slow down and stop before it flies you face first into a wall. As per range limits, there really aren't any. If you marked the sky it would just keep going.  And target locking would be a fair deal more complex since we'd need to have programs that could differentiate target from background, programs to handle maneuvering, more precise sensors; a whole big deal. It would basically allow you to move anywhere at full speed though."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9048 on: October 26, 2012, 05:32:35 pm »

"Thank you."
Thomas thanks The Doctor, before walking up behind May and sitting down next to her.
"Hey May, can I ask you something?"

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9049 on: October 26, 2012, 05:44:15 pm »

"So what does it eat?"

"Thank you."
Thomas thanks The Doctor, before walking up behind May and sitting down next to her.
"Hey May, can I ask you something?"

"Yessss~?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9050 on: October 26, 2012, 05:52:50 pm »

"I was wondering why you go on missions... I mean, we could stay on the ship during the missions, and then we wouldn't be killed, but we all go on missions anyway, even though they've made me lose most of my body...

So yeah, why do you go on missions?"

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9051 on: October 26, 2012, 06:49:54 pm »

"I was wondering why you go on missions... I mean, we could stay on the ship during the missions, and then we wouldn't be killed, but we all go on missions anyway, even though they've made me lose most of my body...

"Because Elizas tells me to."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9052 on: October 26, 2012, 06:52:18 pm »

"Oh... OK then. W-Wait, I thought you had control sometimes. Is he always in control?"

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9053 on: October 26, 2012, 06:53:09 pm »

"Oh... OK then. W-Wait, I thought you had control sometimes. Is he always in control?"

"He doesn't control me silly, we just like to talk."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9054 on: October 26, 2012, 06:54:36 pm »

Thomas looks relieved.
"Oh, good. So, what does Elizas say, anyway?"

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9055 on: October 26, 2012, 06:56:47 pm »

"He tells me about the adventures he had and Nihlism and pleasure vs. pain philosophies and stuff. Also, he told me to tell you he think's you've got a 'cute white boy ass'."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9056 on: October 26, 2012, 07:09:26 pm »

"That's... Uhh... That's nice, I guess. Do you think I've got a 'cute white boy ass'?"
Thomas smiles wryly.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9057 on: October 26, 2012, 07:14:04 pm »

"That's... Uhh... That's nice, I guess. Do you think I've got a 'cute white boy ass'?"
Thomas smiles wryly.

May blushes heavily. Her voice shakes as she replies, "D-don't ask me weird questions like that! B-baka!" >_<

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9058 on: October 26, 2012, 07:17:35 pm »

Thomas recoils a bit, and immediately stops smiling, instead adopting his usual hesitant, frightful expression.
"S-sorry May! Did I offend you? It's just that, usually, y'know..."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9059 on: October 26, 2012, 07:21:29 pm »

Thomas recoils a bit, and immediately stops smiling, instead adopting his usual hesitant, frightful expression.
"S-sorry May! Did I offend you? It's just that, usually, y'know..."

"Usually what?"
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 2101