_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5934349 times)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: St. Milno
« Reply #8895 on: October 21, 2012, 02:32:41 pm »

Get the booze, Have the party.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8896 on: October 21, 2012, 02:32:55 pm »

"My dad always said 'Son, if you ever get it into that silly head of yours that messing with a state-of-the-art field manipulator you obtained on a prison ship that you landed on due to participation in highly dangerous reeducation experiments, and while you're drunk, no less, you just take a step back and rethink your life, 'cause that might just be the worst mistake you'll ever make!' Or did he say that about studying accounting? Either way, I'm going to heed those sage words he may have said and leave it for now."
Put the battery back into the manipulator and make sure the slot is sealed like it's supposed to. When that's done, have another sip of booze and head to the armory. Ask the AM this:
"Excuse me, but do you need any help with cleaning up the ship? I just thought I'd offer my assistance, having nothing to do. Idle hands are the playthings of aliens and all that, you know."
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 02:35:22 pm by Harry Baldman »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8897 on: October 21, 2012, 02:33:17 pm »

Lars sighs at its beauty.

"Marvelous."

Store it safely in my locker and return the tools to AM, bowing to St. Milno if he's still there.  Go back to barracks and relax.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8898 on: October 21, 2012, 02:33:41 pm »

"Oh dear that might be my hand."

Withdraw hand, examine it for burns.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8899 on: October 21, 2012, 02:57:30 pm »

Pull out a new Bluesmoke if needed, and head to the armory. Count tokens along the way.

Any idea how long reconstruction will take?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 04:34:20 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8900 on: October 21, 2012, 05:36:57 pm »

Wake up and go to the armoury. Buy a laser rifle. Get some booze too.

"Uurrrgghhh. I think I need a hair of that dog. Damn big mutt that one was......"

(( Ok, that didn't take as long as I thought, so I'm back in action. Beweaponed, hungover and soon to be drunk again action. So's Sambo as well. ))
It's a game. Have fun.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8901 on: October 21, 2012, 05:40:40 pm »

"Hm, proto-Altered? What's the difference, exactly? Just speed?

And, when you say risky, risky for who? It's not like the guy I'm talking about has a lot to lose, after all."

Science.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8902 on: October 21, 2012, 05:48:07 pm »

(Because I like you, PW, I will indeed consent to being your guinea pig. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8903 on: October 21, 2012, 07:39:49 pm »

"Something that can easily switch from long range to short range, as a scope ma'am." Feyri replied to the AM. "And on another note, do you have any books or manuals I can read about how to use this riot shield, and this arming sword in a useful way - meaning using them properly, in tandem?"

Ask the AM!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8904 on: October 21, 2012, 09:51:47 pm »

((Sure, I'm up for being part of testing etc))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8905 on: October 21, 2012, 09:55:37 pm »

"I noticed the synth-flesh arm makes it easier to use conventional weapons." Milno says. "Is it due to the synth-flesh itself or something inside it?" he asks the AM.

Milno would rather stay away from the thing, but he was interested in that property...If it was possible to upgrade his arm with the same mechanism, for example.

Ask.

((Ok, answered.))
"Hey Milno," Feyri said, "Did you tell the AM about your victory over the anomaly yet?"
"Does it really matter? Also, since she talks to Steve, she already knows it." Milno shot back to Feyri.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 10:39:14 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8906 on: October 22, 2012, 12:17:54 am »

Xcom ER Journal: Breaking into the Big bad alien Bachelor pad.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Go to the Doctor, request puppies.

You head to the infirmary and find the doctor standing next to a nurse. You hold out your hand and say "Puppies"

He stares at you for a long time then goes back to talking to the nurse. Hmm, perhaps a more informative demand would work better.

Thomas swigs the bottle, then goes to find something entertaining.
You swig it up hard. [end:3].

You stumble down the hall and find a particularly funny bit of burnt plastic on the ground. You giggle for 10 straight minutes.

Get the booze, Have the party.

"What kinda booze?" The armory master asks after you voice your request to become intoxicated.

"My dad always said 'Son, if you ever get it into that silly head of yours that messing with a state-of-the-art field manipulator you obtained on a prison ship that you landed on due to participation in highly dangerous reeducation experiments, and while you're drunk, no less, you just take a step back and rethink your life, 'cause that might just be the worst mistake you'll ever make!' Or did he say that about studying accounting? Either way, I'm going to heed those sage words he may have said and leave it for now."
Put the battery back into the manipulator and make sure the slot is sealed like it's supposed to. When that's done, have another sip of booze and head to the armory. Ask the AM this:
"Excuse me, but do you need any help with cleaning up the ship? I just thought I'd offer my assistance, having nothing to do. Idle hands are the playthings of aliens and all that, you know."

You put things away and take another sip of booze [end:4] You hiccup and then head to the armory master and ask her about helping clean up.

"You could clean the halls or barracks if you want, Or anywhere except the briefing room or rec room really. I'm sure there are things out there that could use dusting at the very least."

Lars sighs at its beauty.

"Marvelous."

Store it safely in my locker and return the tools to AM, bowing to St. Milno if he's still there.  Go back to barracks and relax.

You put the head away in your locker and return the tools to the armory before laying down in your bunk, humming to yourself and trying to think of a good few hymns you could make or modify for Steve.

"Oh dear that might be my hand."

Withdraw hand, examine it for burns.

Your hand looks fine, in fact everything looks fine. The hissing is coming from behind you, but it's gone now. Huh. You turn around and see nothing new or different. Huh huh.

Pull out a new Bluesmoke if needed, and head to the armory. Count tokens along the way.

Any idea how long reconstruction will take?

(4 token)
You smoke another cig as you walk to the armory and ask about reconstruction.

"Briefing room will be be fast but the Rec room was pretty much completely ruined  thanks to the fire. It will take a little longer."

Wake up and go to the armoury. Buy a laser rifle. Get some booze too.

"Uurrrgghhh. I think I need a hair of that dog. Damn big mutt that one was......"

(( Ok, that didn't take as long as I thought, so I'm back in action. Beweaponed, hungover and soon to be drunk again action. So's Sambo as well. ))
You buy yourself a laser rifle and ask for booze. The Armory master asks what kind you want.

"Hm, proto-Altered? What's the difference, exactly? Just speed?

And, when you say risky, risky for who? It's not like the guy I'm talking about has a lot to lose, after all."

Science.

"Well, the Proto-altered strain didn't mess with people's heads the same way. Your friend there is losing it because his particular infection is unfocused. That Commune just jammed a bunch of unformed crap into him and now it's just raging around, trying to improve things and ruining his mind in the process. His eventual madness will just be the result of a body built for combat kicking a constant spray of violence inducing chemicals into his brain. Hell, any sort of genetic manipulation is gonna mess with your head to some degree, but he's gonna be getting it constantly and massively.

True altered is different. Much different, in a sort of way that we still don't understand. See, people who lose it to proto-altered or any other form of manipulation like that will just attack anything, even each other. But the ones who lose it to the altered strain lose it almost immediately, but they also work together with others like them. Hell man, they formed a war machine that nearly wiped us out. That Ivan guy will be dangerous but he won't be smart. He'll just be angry."

He listens to your next question.

"Well, to everyone really. Only way to overcome something like that is to alter him ourselves and in such a way as to make the strain in him incapable of interacting with the new cells; change him so much, so fast that it renders the Proto-altered strain impotent. Thats not easy to do," He scratches his head "Even weakened as proto-altered is, it's no joke. He'd be unrecognizable by the time we're done, if it works. And the danger comes from the fact that in order to do it we'd need to basically throw gas on the fire along with our engineered mutagen. Which would cause his mutation to advance rapidly."

He pauses for a moment and then looks at you a bit harder.

"It would be a flip of the coin which side won out. And if we failed then he would be stronger then before and completely lost to whatever broken mentality that cocktail of deformed neurotransmitters in his brain is pushing him toward. "

"Something that can easily switch from long range to short range, as a scope ma'am." Feyri replied to the AM. "And on another note, do you have any books or manuals I can read about how to use this riot shield, and this arming sword in a useful way - meaning using them properly, in tandem?"

Ask the AM!
"Well, we got what amounts the zoom lens of a good camera, getcha anything from 1 to 10X. As per manuals I think we got something about medieval style fighting"

"I noticed the synth-flesh arm makes it easier to use conventional weapons." Milno says. "Is it due to the synth-flesh itself or something inside it?" he asks the AM.

Milno would rather stay away from the thing, but he was interested in that property...If it was possible to upgrade his arm with the same mechanism, for example.

Ask.

((Ok, answered.))
"Hey Milno," Feyri said, "Did you tell the AM about your victory over the anomaly yet?"
"Does it really matter? Also, since she talks to Steve, she already knows it." Milno shot back to Feyri.
"Mostly it just allows for smoother, more precise aiming and movement."

> TO Jim and Scrambles:

The system I have is a bit of a funny one relying not only on your rolls but the differences in your rolls to determine the level of effect. It will be slower in terms of what is done in every turn, but should SHOULD allow for a bit more in the way of tactics, and hopefully a bit more in the way of feeling like you're actually clashing and crossing swords and not just exchanging blows like rock'em sock'em robots.

No offense jim.

Anyways, you should probably limit your actions to single strikes or actions rather then large multi-action attack plans since only the first action will usually get pulled off, if anything.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 01:06:26 am by piecewise »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8907 on: October 22, 2012, 12:33:08 am »

((Gonna request that Bishop gets more action in Xcom. Mesk has stolen his name dammit and I need something that stands out from him.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8908 on: October 22, 2012, 12:37:30 am »

"It will be done, supreme master!"
Get a duster and begin dusting whatever appears dusty. Including people (try to be gentle with them, though). All must be cleaned!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8909 on: October 22, 2012, 12:38:16 am »

Acquire laptop. Record musings/thoughts. Especially thoughts from earlier.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 11:35:45 am by Spinal_Taper »
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 2101