_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 582 583 [584] 585 586 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5938490 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: LOCKDOWN
« Reply #8745 on: October 17, 2012, 10:39:19 pm »

Quote from: Feyri Nirel; Broadcasting in response to Milno
We've got your signal Milno. If that is the culprit then we're all rooting for your success.

Though, if that is the thing we've been looking for. Then watch out for anything that would get to you as a defense mechanism. Perhaps wires. Or...something bad.

I should've given you this shield. But as far as we know, it affects electricity.

Your call though, no pressure. It's not like we're about to die an undignified death to wires anyway.

I'd prefer shooting it, because if it's just wedged into the hull, then whatever may be contained in it has already seeped into the ship. Though, it may reflect shots back...try shooting it at an angle?

Quote from: Feyri Nirel; Private channel to Milno
Anyway, if you die I'll personally get up there and ensure you're coming back! :P
Feyri stood up and returned to her former stance of holding that shield as she considered Jim's words.

"Everyone protect Jim!"

Defend Jim.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 10:59:54 pm by Tiruin »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8746 on: October 17, 2012, 10:40:51 pm »

Lars looks at his wristpad and frowns.

"Feyri, what did he find?  Where's he looking?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8747 on: October 17, 2012, 10:43:10 pm »

(Lars should probably know, since Milno broadcast his message to everyone.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8748 on: October 17, 2012, 10:43:39 pm »

((Via suit radio.  He's not in a suit.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8749 on: October 17, 2012, 10:49:42 pm »

(Ah, OK.

...Why the hell isn't he? :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8750 on: October 17, 2012, 10:52:41 pm »

((He's Brother Lars!  :P))

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = Brother Lars
Err, I'm not sure, actually. He said a small, blue statuette, wedged in the crack between two of the hull's metal plates. I'm betting it's in our sector, as he's still hooked to the Hangar Bay//Docking Bay.

Still, I'm guessing it affects the ship's power, and probably whatever electrical devices come from it...

Hold on.

Feyri remembered what Faith saw in the Tv. It wasn't actually a ship which she had seen, but inferred...but what if-

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = Milno

Milno, I'd advise not to poke the thing with the metal part of your rifle! It may be an alien...ship. Yeah. Low on Oxygen and Fuel, as said from the Tv which should not be working.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8751 on: October 17, 2012, 10:57:42 pm »

Quote from: Milno's response to Feyri
First, I already considered shooting it, and also considered the shit it may unleash if shot at.
Second, I'm trying to poke it with something non-conductive and with care.
Third, stop messaging me.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8752 on: October 17, 2012, 11:20:00 pm »

((Why would he be?  After a long VR session, he's just been wandering the ship bugging people and making religious items.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8753 on: October 17, 2012, 11:22:25 pm »

Allow Chin to grab me. Aid him in pulling me away in any way I can.
"Go ahead and try cutting them wires, but, just so you know, I will hold you entirely and personally responsible for any body parts of mine you explode on accident or on purpose. No pressure, though."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8754 on: October 18, 2012, 01:46:04 am »

Grab Stacy.

"Might have to do it again, okay?"

Calm down. Unless Stacy disagrees, use a heat circle deep into the vents to cut the wires.
[str:4]
You brace your feet on the ceiling and pull on Stacy's arms until He comes rocketing out with the sound of tearing rubber and snapping wire. You both go flying across the room and into the ground. Ow.

"What the hell is it with you lot? Every time I try and do something useful, when I come back someone's bleeding. Fuck! Can someone else grab the TV or something?"

Turn kinetic amp off. Climb back into briefing room.

"I'll fix up this poor bastard, then I'm going to sort this wiring problem. Has anyone got a spare laser or mon-blade? It's trigger-happy negotiation time. Someone open fire for god's sake. Fire now!"

Check the injured man's injuries and try and fix him up quickly where I'm able to without any medical supplies. Pick him up and shove him through the hole in the briefing room door, out into the corridor with the others. Climb out after him.  

(( Pretty big edit: Now should end up in the right place to help or remove the injured. An push him out of the room regardless. And climb out after him.

Damn, I should drink my coffee before I post. It's what I meant, it just came out all wrong. ))
[med:5]
You use some fabric from your own shirt to stop the bleeding from his lost teeth and then tie up his jaw as best you can.
"Don't talk or get hit in the face anymore. This is a bad idea."

Keep trying to cut my way out.  I must be able to do some sort of damage, right?
[uncon:2-1]
You succeed in cutting off another finger.

"Oh now this is just getting silly."

Thomas leans against the wall, and starts watching for danger. If it's going to kill any of our people, kill it first.
"So, what's the plan guys? Find that secondary power source?"

"I'm still here, guys. Still got your back. Just gonna stand here and be a human turret."

"OH THAT IS IT!"
All of the fire up their NOW! BURN IT ALL!
[uncon:2]
You try to type away on the Field manipulator but it's a bit hard to see with all this blood and lost teeth and such.

If the wires are coming from a single location, try and overheat a forward-moving 1mm thick space roughly the size and shape of the corridor in the direction the wires are pouring from.

If the wires are coming from different directions, try and generate a 1mm thick outwardly horizontally expanding hollow vertical cone of heat around me, its height being the same as the corridor's. The hollow area's radius should ideally be large enough to avoid collateral damage to myself, but small enough not to damage the walls.

In both cases, cease fire if it'd harm another member of the crew, but only if it won't put me in extraordinaire risk.

(you're in a room not a corridor but I got it.)
[exo:3+1]
You lash out against the wires, a wall of heat boiling out around you and melting the wires into a solid mass of melted rubber and red hot metal. They twitch as rubber sloughs off like wax but stop moving.

"Thank you Jim. I've had my...misgivings about you before, but...thanks"

Travis continues to float by, reattempting his earlier action: searching the prison area for any maintenance entrances.
The only maintenance area is in the...rec..room...Damn it.

Jim nodded to Travis. "I may be a bit harsh, but my goal is to keep as many of my teammates alive as possible," he said by way of explaining himself. After making sure he had everyone's attention, he bellowed, "Everyone out of the rec room, I'm going to freeze it!"

Use the Microwave Amp for the opposite effect it's named for and make the rec room look like Sub-Zero's living room.
[exo:4+1+1-1 decompensator.]
The walls of the rec room shimmer for an instant and the fires vanish as molten wires and furniture flash freeze, breaking into pieces as though they had been submerged in liquid nitrogen.

"Pieceashit."
Floki grumbled to himself, then, seeing little else of use in the hangar, made his way back out into the hallway.
He kept close to the wall, creeping slowly along with the cleaver raised in one hand.

>Leave hangar, sneak down the hallway and keep an eye out for any hostiles/anomalies.
You leave the hanger and join up with the guys just hanging around outside the rec room.

Get the hell out of there.
"This is..just...welp bye." You head to the barracks and just sit on your bed. Then you float away, so you wedge your foot in the bed and float around like a balloon.

"This is Fucked-Up Radio, bringing you the latest developments right out from the Sword's hull." Milno said in his usual sarcastic voice. "The object I found is a small, blue statuette. It is wedged in the crack between two of the hull's metal plates."

He stares at the figurine for some time, feeling that the best course of action would probably be shooting at it with the gauss rifle. But then again he could unleash some terrible cosmic horror upon the ship.

Poking it away from the ship seems the most reasonable thing to do. Maybe closely following by shooting it with a G-shell afterwards. "I'll poke the figurine and see if it messes with my mind. If you don't hear anything from me in some time, I'm probably tripping or worse."

After examining the figure in more detail through visual contact, Milno tries to use a gauss rifle to carefully poke at the figurine until it is unwedged from the hull, not letting it drift away in space, using the gauss rifle as an impromptu container if the figurine is small enough to fit inside the barrel, or just using it as a wall to prevent the figurine from being attracted by gravity. Do it carefully, avoiding damage to the object.

If there is anything which can possible to be used to poke the figure that isn't made of metal or conductive material, use it instead of the gauss rifle. Maybe an insulated container?

You scrape the statuette up with your gauss rifle and carefully get it wedged in the barrel of the rifle without actually touching it. You breathe a sigh of relief, confident you found the source of the anomaly. 

And then your rifle cracks in half as it's innards begin crawling up the remaining half, towards you.

The wires through out the ship twitch and struggle briefly before going limp and quiet. The emergency lights kick back on.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8755 on: October 18, 2012, 01:54:28 am »

"Well...it seems Milno did it!" Feyri said, lowering her guard just enough to peer into the room from her position.

"Now let's check on Milno, shall we Jim?"

To the Docking Bay! Try to get suited up for space movement. See if there is anything I can use as an anchor to the ship.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = Broadcasting
The wires are down, lights are back on. Milno seems to have gotten the anomaly, if that was what was controlling the wires.

We're coming for you anyway, Milno. And yes I'm still messaging you. :P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8756 on: October 18, 2012, 02:07:11 am »

"On it. Let's go. Milno, Feyri and I are coming to check on you. Whatever you did seems to have cleared things up down here," Jim said as he also headed to the airlock, assisting Feyri by helping her look around for what it was she wanted (but not, I repeat, not touching her in any manner whatsoever, especially with those giant skull-crushing hands of his :P).

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8757 on: October 18, 2012, 02:23:40 am »

"Whoa, neat," Faith said, marveling at the freezing effect Jim had pulled off. "Maybe I should get one of those..."

Begin inspecting the now-defeated wires, tracing them back to their source if possible.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #8758 on: October 18, 2012, 02:26:48 am »

Lukas turns to Cog. "The doc says "Allright." But he didn't say whether he is coming or not. And congratulations, I'm not going to kill you."

Lukas performs a handstand for Cog.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #8759 on: October 18, 2012, 02:56:49 am »

"Oh, finally!  Now I'm hungry.  I wonder if I can eat my... nah, I'll just go back."
Quote from: Mesk Vraite | Message to: All
Hey everyone.  Whatever you did, it worked, the live wires have stopped moving.  And before I got killed, even.  Lost a couple fingers but they'll grow back.
I don't think there's anything more to find in the vents.  I'll see you out on the hull soon.
-M.V.
Get free of the wires now that they've stopped attacking and leave the vents the way I came in.  Try and find some edible-looking solid-ish food first.
Pages: 1 ... 582 583 [584] 585 586 ... 2101