_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 581 582 [583] 584 585 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5938667 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: LOCKDOWN
« Reply #8730 on: October 17, 2012, 01:53:35 pm »

(@Caellath: ...Because Jim didn't get very far out of the airlock before I was told I couldn't see anything, and then got held up trying to get alternate light sources while you kept pressuring me to switch places?)
((@SerCon: That was In-Character, my bad if it seemed like a jab. I can edit it out if you want, it was just Milno's reasoning. He's a mentally unstable soldier, not a thinker.

Edit: And the amp can be used to cool aside from heating.))
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 02:33:23 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8731 on: October 17, 2012, 04:20:33 pm »

"Oh HELLO"

Attempt to knock teammate out and take all their things
Looks like there wasn't actually someone there after all, it was just a hallucination caused by your desire for companionship/mugging.

Surprised with his find, Milno wondered why the hell Jim hadn't tried to check just that part of the hull. The cyborg appeared to be smarter than him, at the very least, what about being born and raised inside a farm...At the very least, Jim retreating meant he was doing a better job at keeping the wires at bay.
"Okay, flying near the area of the hull which should be roughly above the rec or briefing room area. Found something blue and shiny on it, I'll try to examine the thing."

Get near and examine the blue and shiny thing.
You near the object and can make it out to be a small, blue statuette, sitting wedged in the crack between two of the massive metal plates that make up the hull.

"HELP HELP"
Seeing as I apparently have my razor with me (I kind of remember having it with me earlier now), chop off my arm above where I'm entangled by the wires and get out of there!
(Your entire upper body is tangled in it now, remember you got dragged face first into it.)
The mass of wires drags you deeper into it, ripping you upwards and completely encasing you.

"Stay safe Milno," Feyri said as she entered the Rec room to protect Jim with her shield and fend off any wires with her sword. Her Arming Sword.
(@Caellath: ...Because Jim didn't get very far out of the airlock before I was told I couldn't see anything, and then got held up trying to get alternate light sources while you kept pressuring me to switch places?)

Jim pulls Feyri back out of the Rec Room. Because it's on fire.
Feyri raises her shield, braces herself against the wall and then throws her self into the Rec room. She gets maybe 2 feet in before Jim grabs her foot and yanks her back out into the hall, shaking his head.

"No feyri. Bad feyri. Fire bad."

"But aren't these suits near perfect insulators? I mean, Ivan used molten metal as a cast that one time and..."

"Shhh shhh shhh."

A little bird tells Lukas that it might be easier to just send the doc a message.

Hey doc, Cog here is asking for you. He said something about the first phase in his treatment being done. Also, should I get rid of him?
Alright. Also no, leave him be. He's not here to replace you.

"Oh shit tat stuff is fast"
Poke my head back up, if im charged again, come back down and try to melt it, if im not follow it.
You stick your head back up into the hole in the ceiling. The hole you barely escaped from a moment ago. Unsurprisingly the wires are still there. Except this time they're much closer.
[end:3]
You catch a metal fist of wire square to the face, the force of the blow slamming you backwards, breaking your nose and jaw, knocking out several teeth and rendering you only slightly more unattractive then before. You cartwheel lazily across the briefing room, holding your face and screaming obscenities about wires and their mean left hook.

Get back to the armory through the crawlspace, then find the main group, wherever they may be.
"I FEEL GOOD, I FEEL GREAT, I FEEL WONDERFUL."
Repeat this phrase over and over like as though my life depends on it.
Get out of the vents. Make sure Stacy is with me. Send the following message:
Quote from: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos; to everyone
Someone needs to get into the vents for Mesk. And what about this Viktor he mentioned? And sorry about fire in the rec room.
[chin dex:4]
[stacy dex:2]
Chin slithers through the crawlspace first and makes it out to the Armory without issue but as Stacy goes to flop out into the room a bundle of wires, still smoldering, wraps itself around his leg and starts to pull him back toward the rec room.
[stacy str:5-1]
Stacy catches the edge of the hole in the ceiling as he's yanked back, holding tight to it as the wires threaten to drag him back toward the fire.

Continue looking for an exit or an open room. Drag Maurice with me.
After searching for what seems like hours and more then likely doubling back on yourself more then once, you find something different: a large armored shutter blocking what seems to be the end of a hallway.

Climb over the door, back out of the briefing room, and wait in the corridor outside it. Look inro the Rec room.

"Hey, the Rec rooms on fire. Anyone want to save the TV? There was some good shit on before."

You float on out of the briefing room, ignoring the injured man, and head back to the entrance to the rec room, the thought of looting filling your mind with glee.

(I just had a thought. PW, does the microwave amp affect temperature, or does it just heat things up? Because if it's the former, could I use that to put out the fire by icing over the entire rec room? Also, what can I affect with my manipulation amp? Could I, for example, pick up all the fires, compact them into a ball, and fling it out the airlock? I know both of these are probably completely impossible but I wanted to ask anyway)
Well, you can control temperature with the amp, so it would be completely possible to simply lower the temp of whats burning to the point that the combustion reaction ceases. Then again, you have that other amp that lets you move things so you could just suck all the air out of you really wanted to. It would be hard, but you could. As per "grabbing fire" no, not really, since fire isn't a physical thing, but you could grab the things that are ON fire.

Defend the others. MAke sure rifle is at a shotgun like blast, able to eliminate a whole mess of wires at once.
You adjust the laser to shotgun mode but the wires jim melted away don't seem to be coming back and new ones don't look to be moving in to cover the door.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #8732 on: October 17, 2012, 04:36:29 pm »

Grab Stacy.

"Might have to do it again, okay?"

Calm down. Unless Stacy disagrees, use a heat circle deep into the vents to cut the wires.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8733 on: October 17, 2012, 04:43:10 pm »

"What the hell is it with you lot? Every time I try and do something useful, when I come back someone's bleeding. Fuck! Can someone else grab the TV or something?"

Turn kinetic amp off. Climb back into briefing room.

"I'll fix up this poor bastard, then I'm going to sort this wiring problem. Has anyone got a spare laser or mon-blade? It's trigger-happy negotiation time. Someone open fire for god's sake. Fire now!"

Check the injured man's injuries and try and fix him up quickly where I'm able to without any medical supplies. Pick him up and shove him through the hole in the briefing room door, out into the corridor with the others. Climb out after him.  

(( Pretty big edit: Now should end up in the right place to help or remove the injured. An push him out of the room regardless. And climb out after him.

Damn, I should drink my coffee before I post. It's what I meant, it just came out all wrong. ))
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 05:23:17 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #8734 on: October 17, 2012, 04:48:55 pm »

Keep trying to cut my way out.  I must be able to do some sort of damage, right?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8735 on: October 17, 2012, 04:50:56 pm »

Thomas leans against the wall, and starts watching for danger. If it's going to kill any of our people, kill it first.
"So, what's the plan guys? Find that secondary power source?"
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 10:59:34 pm by Spinal_Taper »

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8736 on: October 17, 2012, 04:54:11 pm »

"OH THAT IS IT!"
All of the fire up their NOW! BURN IT ALL!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8737 on: October 17, 2012, 04:57:36 pm »

(( Sambo wants the wires in the briefing room laserized. Which means a quick edit of your action to make sure you're in the briefing room. Sorry, only just realised myself. Or you could just help blow away everything in the rec room, but I think we've got that covered, probably.

And to think I was worried about the dishwasher being broken..........))
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 05:00:30 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8738 on: October 17, 2012, 06:03:19 pm »

If the wires are coming from a single location, try and overheat a forward-moving 1mm thick space roughly the size and shape of the corridor in the direction the wires are pouring from.

If the wires are coming from different directions, try and generate a 1mm thick outwardly horizontally expanding hollow vertical cone of heat around me, its height being the same as the corridor's. The hollow area's radius should ideally be large enough to avoid collateral damage to myself, but small enough not to damage the walls.

In both cases, cease fire if it'd harm another member of the crew, but only if it won't put me in extraordinaire risk.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 06:17:45 pm by Azthor »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8739 on: October 17, 2012, 07:01:53 pm »

"Thank you Jim. I've had my...misgivings about you before, but...thanks"

Travis continues to float by, reattempting his earlier action: searching the prison area for any maintenance entrances.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8740 on: October 17, 2012, 07:42:03 pm »

Jim nodded to Travis. "I may be a bit harsh, but my goal is to keep as many of my teammates alive as possible," he said by way of explaining himself. After making sure he had everyone's attention, he bellowed, "Everyone out of the rec room, I'm going to freeze it!"

Use the Microwave Amp for the opposite effect it's named for and make the rec room look like Sub-Zero's living room.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 07:58:52 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8741 on: October 17, 2012, 07:45:26 pm »

"Pieceashit."
Floki grumbled to himself, then, seeing little else of use in the hangar, made his way back out into the hallway.
He kept close to the wall, creeping slowly along with the cleaver raised in one hand.

>Leave hangar, sneak down the hallway and keep an eye out for any hostiles/anomalies.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8742 on: October 17, 2012, 08:54:04 pm »

Get the hell out of there.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8743 on: October 17, 2012, 09:16:43 pm »

"This is Fucked-Up Radio, bringing you the latest developments right out from the Sword's hull." Milno said in his usual sarcastic voice. "The object I found is a small, blue statuette. It is wedged in the crack between two of the hull's metal plates."

He stares at the figurine for some time, feeling that the best course of action would probably be shooting at it with the gauss rifle. But then again he could unleash some terrible cosmic horror upon the ship.

Poking it away from the ship seems the most reasonable thing to do. Maybe closely following by shooting it with a G-shell afterwards. "I'll poke the figurine and see if it messes with my mind. If you don't hear anything from me in some time, I'm probably tripping or worse."

After examining the figure in more detail through visual contact, Milno tries to use a gauss rifle to carefully poke at the figurine until it is unwedged from the hull, not letting it drift away in space, using the gauss rifle as an impromptu container if the figurine is small enough to fit inside the barrel, or just using it as a wall to prevent the figurine from being attracted by gravity. Do it carefully, avoiding damage to the object.

If there is anything which can possible to be used to poke the figure that isn't made of metal or conductive material, use it instead of the gauss rifle. Maybe an insulated container?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 10:58:55 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8744 on: October 17, 2012, 10:30:19 pm »

Brother Lars clapped his hands together.  "May the light of Steve shine on your actions, Mr.... Robot man?  I do not believe we have been introduced.  My name is Brother Lars.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 581 582 [583] 584 585 ... 2101