_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 579 580 [581] 582 583 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5938970 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: LOCKDOWN
« Reply #8700 on: October 16, 2012, 04:34:50 pm »

((I did not know Travis was still in the rec room))

"Crap"

Surrounded by freaking sentient wires and an inferno. Well, only one thing to do in a situation like this.

"Buckler. CHARGE!"

Travis mounts Buckler and attempts to charge through the wires and into an exit. He fires an advanced shot with his crystalline projector, and if the wires don't open their way for him, he has Buckler fire a round of its Gauss rifle at the wires. If both fail, he attempts to just brute force his way through the wires while mounting Buckler.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 04:39:01 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8701 on: October 16, 2012, 04:35:30 pm »

Look around in briefing room for any control panels or schematics of the ship. If there is, then review schematics of the ship, especially the wall/ceiling vent enclosures. If there isn't, see if I can jerry-rig a display screen to show things it normally doesn't, like schematics of the ship. See if there's a power on/off for anything available as well.

"I take it they did the briefings and shit in here. Did they use a console or something? Or was it one of those fucking slide-shows that says 'you, here', 'kill shit there' like back in the army. Did they even have a bloody laser pointer for that stuff?"

Ask that over comms. Look for a laser pointer while I'm playing with screens and consoles.

((You do remember that the power is completely off, yes?))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8702 on: October 16, 2012, 04:36:29 pm »

"May! You're safe! I was afraid..."
Thomas gives May a protective embrace, before glancing around to notice most of the others had left.
"Oh... Shit. May, let's go."
He quickly lets go, before grabbing her hand and leading her to the others, where he increases the diffusion on his rifle a small amount, then trains it on the mass of wires.
"Any way me or May could help you guys?"

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8703 on: October 16, 2012, 04:47:51 pm »

(( No, no I didn't. Oh well. It should be a relatively safe action while I'm hungover and can't think of something better to do. Plus, I might find a laser pointer. I've got plans.... ))
It's a game. Have fun.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8704 on: October 16, 2012, 05:05:28 pm »

"So, does anyone have a Tesla sabre? Perhaps using that on the wires would send a nasty shock to whatever's controlling them."

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8705 on: October 16, 2012, 05:16:08 pm »

Observe my surroundings.

((I am not sure as to whether I need a roll to notice the wires, so here we go))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8706 on: October 16, 2012, 05:42:42 pm »

Thomas gives May a protective embrace, before glancing around to notice most of the others had left.
He quickly lets go, before grabbing her hand and leading her to the others, where he increases the diffusion on his rifle a small amount, then trains it on the mass of wires.

"Hmm....I think I once published a book about this stuff."

Recollect the same advice I wrote in Elisaz's guidebook: 'How to Not Get Raped By Tentacles and Semi-Phallic Inanimate Objects (Or Enjoy It)'.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8707 on: October 16, 2012, 09:34:15 pm »

Floki, seeing the robot man stomp off to heck-knows-where, turned back to the nearest of those shuttles.
'Looks like it's controlled remotely, but with luck it's still got all the control bits in the front...'

>Smash/prise my way into the front area of the shuttle with whatever tools come to hand.

>Attempt to 'hotwire' it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8708 on: October 16, 2012, 10:08:28 pm »

Thomas sees May deep in thought, and drifts a little closer to her as they walk.
"What're you thinking about? The book you were talking about?"

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8709 on: October 17, 2012, 12:21:16 am »

Stop trying to communicate to the people seemingly engrossed in something. Walk to barrack and find something useful.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8710 on: October 17, 2012, 12:46:20 am »

Now at the desired location, Feyri concluded the worst thing possible, seeing it up close.

"I could hold this back with my shield, but then we'd need a way on defeating whatever is controlling these things. Probably something akin to what Brother Lars mentioned.

"And how is a statue controlling electrical wires?!"

Quote from: Feyri Nirel; Broadcasting
It seems Mesk is in trouble, last report saying he was in the ventilation shafts.

Great...what was the structure of our ventilation system? I'd love to put a sword up the ceiling, but then that might endanger his life.

"Also, Sambo says to stay away from the walls.

"It's just like we're fighting the whole blasted Sword here...Like while blood cells against bacteria, if you get my thought."

Intelligence roll on the ventilation system, or on any other passage leading out of our sector. What keeps us away from the rest of the ship?

Then based on Jim's action, if a positive result: Apply Tesla Sabre to wires.
If negative: Apply Arming Sword to wires.

Both ways: Apply shield as defense.

(you can't really use an intelligence roll to summon information from the ether.)

Out, out! Drag Stacy along!
"THAT COULD HAVE GONE MUCH WORSE, THOUGH. I'M NOT SURE HOW EXACTLY, AND I'M SURE I DON'T WANT TO FIND OUT."
Quickly type out the message and send it:
Quote from: Bulletin from Stacy Buttle to everyone
Good day to you all. I'm sending this message to tell you that the recreation room is full of wires and also on fire.
Your friend, servant and unsuspecting poet,
Stacy Buttle
He turns to Gorat and says "PLEASE DON'T DO THAT AGAIN."
Make a break for the nearest exit, using my manipulator to create holes (once again, not solid, just circular lines) in impassable bits of the wire jungle. And the door as well, if it dares to impede us.
Stacy and Chin face a dilemma. Around them are many terrible things: Living wires, fire, living wires on fire and worst of all, each other. However, considering the circumstances, they decide to put their differences aside and promptly jump back up and wedge themselves into the crawlspace, scuttling along back toward the armory vent as wires and fire follow behind.

(I thought I didn't have my razor and suit, not that I'm complaining.)
Keep struggling.
(how unspecific)
[dex:3]
[uncon:1-1]
You flail around around like a madman with your razor but only manage to lop off one of your own fingers. The inhuman strength of the wires drags you head first into the tangled mass of wires and you slam into the top of the vent as you are dragged with them.

Quote from:  To everyone
Wires from briefing room escaping to hull I think, following presently.
Dramatic chase, stay behind, avoid any electic attacks.
You move up into the crawlspace but the instant you do so a section of the retreating wire lashes out at you.
[dex:5]
You shove yourself back out of the hole as a fist of concentrated metal and rubber thunders by overhead.

Jim wondered if it were possible to just grab the wires and yank whatever was controlling them out to where he was. Probably not; he had no idea if what was controlling them was even in physical contact with them. For now, he just continued attempting to melt them, current fire in the rec room be damned. The less wires this thing had at its command, the better.
[intuition:4+1]
Well...if it was bending those steel plates then it's probably to strong to stiff arm your way through it. Better to rely on dangerous and unpredictable psychic powers!
[exo:4+1+1-1 from Decompensator]
You  focus your sizable mental fortitude and equally impressive penchant for random violence on the tangle of wires. You feel something click in your head for a moment before the Amp activates, something dialing your aggression down a notch.  The wall of wires glows red then white hot, practically vaporizing into a silvery puddle of metal and brunt plastic.

Lars, I'm heading to the Rec Room to see if I can help. If you don't want whatever happened to you to happen again, I suggest you stick with someone.

Head to the (W)Rec Room with wristblade still out and grenade launcher armed with the High-EX, but not out. If I need to to get in and help, slice wires like there's no tomorrow.
You head to the rec room and find that Jim has already melted his way into the room.

Milno turns on his lamps and starts to use his rocket pods to fly around the ship at a reasonable speed, making sure to cover ground without flying over the same area and holding to the railing whenever possible. He'll try to fly towards the area of the ship perceived as immediately above and around the prisoner's section.

If anything stange happens, he activates the EMM to dodge.

"I'm out. I'll try to check the area of the hull around the prisoner's section of the ship. Since Steve thought it was the only area affected, I think it is worth a shot." Milno said.
[int:4]
You think about it for a moment and then fly over the area you think is roughly above the rec room/briefing room area. You sweep the area carefully with your lamps, looking for something out of the ordinary. At first you don't see anything but then you notice something blue and shiny on the hull.

Look around in briefing room for any control panels or schematics of the ship. If there is, then review schematics of the ship, especially the wall/ceiling vent enclosures. If there isn't, see if I can jerry-rig a display screen to show things it normally doesn't, like schematics of the ship. See if there's a power on/off for anything available as well.

"I take it they did the briefings and shit in here. Did they use a console or something? Or was it one of those fucking slide-shows that says 'you, here', 'kill shit there' like back in the army. Did they even have a bloody laser pointer for that stuff?"

Ask that over comms. Look for a laser pointer while I'm playing with screens and consoles.
There is no power in the room, which makes it very hard to use the screens for anything but drink coasters.

((I did not know Travis was still in the rec room))

"Crap"

Surrounded by freaking sentient wires and an inferno. Well, only one thing to do in a situation like this.

"Buckler. CHARGE!"

Travis mounts Buckler and attempts to charge through the wires and into an exit. He fires an advanced shot with his crystalline projector, and if the wires don't open their way for him, he has Buckler fire a round of its Gauss rifle at the wires. If both fail, he attempts to just brute force his way through the wires while mounting Buckler.
You ride Buckler out the newly opened hole and over Faith and Jim's heads.

You Join up with the others, clicking your rifle settings up a bit.

Observe my surroundings.

((I am not sure as to whether I need a roll to notice the wires, so here we go))
Oh dear, you're surrounded by wires. This is not a good thing.

"Hmm....I think I once published a book about this stuff."

Recollect the same advice I wrote in Elisaz's guidebook: 'How to Not Get Raped By Tentacles and Semi-Phallic Inanimate Objects (Or Enjoy It)'.
Oh wait, you never wrote that...you just dreamed it on a heroin bender.

Floki, seeing the robot man stomp off to heck-knows-where, turned back to the nearest of those shuttles.
'Looks like it's controlled remotely, but with luck it's still got all the control bits in the front...'

>Smash/prise my way into the front area of the shuttle with whatever tools come to hand.

>Attempt to 'hotwire' it.
You smash on the front of the shuttle with the hammer but can't manage to get it open. It's almost like it's solid metal that isn't made to be opened by a single person with a meat tenderizer.

Stop trying to communicate to the people seemingly engrossed in something. Walk to barrack and find something useful.
You walk to the barracks and look around for something useful. You fail to find anything that can be called useful. Oh wait, theres another teammate here! So still nothing useful. Also there might not be a team mate there.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8711 on: October 17, 2012, 12:57:52 am »

"Oh HELLO"

Attempt to knock teammate out and take all their things
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8712 on: October 17, 2012, 01:06:15 am »

Surprised with his find, Milno wondered why the hell Jim hadn't tried to check just that part of the hull. The cyborg appeared to be smarter than him, at the very least, what about being born and raised inside a farm...At the very least, Jim retreating meant he was doing a better job at keeping the wires at bay.
"Okay, flying near the area of the hull which should be roughly above the rec or briefing room area. Found something blue and shiny on it, I'll try to examine the thing."

Get near and examine the blue and shiny thing.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #8713 on: October 17, 2012, 01:20:29 am »

"HELP HELP"
Seeing as I apparently have my razor with me (I kind of remember having it with me earlier now), chop off my arm above where I'm entangled by the wires and get out of there!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8714 on: October 17, 2012, 01:27:52 am »

"Stay safe Milno," Feyri said as she entered the Rec room to protect Jim with her shield and fend off any wires with her sword. Her Arming Sword.
Pages: 1 ... 579 580 [581] 582 583 ... 2101