_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5939171 times)

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: LOCKDOWN
« Reply #8640 on: October 15, 2012, 02:34:05 pm »

(( I am aren't I? So far I've only lost my two front teeth and almost punched my own leg off trying to open a door. Next time, lets blow it up. That's assuming I actually get through it this time of course. I really want to make that lockpick now. I knew it would have been handy.
Oh, and yay for reading and comprehension skills. ))
It's a game. Have fun.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8641 on: October 15, 2012, 02:38:39 pm »

((To be fair, had you used the Lockpick, you probably would have splattered your leg all over the wall.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8642 on: October 15, 2012, 04:03:26 pm »

Head towards the briefing room, but stay a good distance from the door.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8643 on: October 15, 2012, 04:06:00 pm »

Travis breathed shallowly. It was just like when he was abandoned, back at Epcoc. The memories came rushing back, but he suppressed them. Now was not the time. Then he remembered. He forgot to ask the AM to fix his lamps.

"Buckler. Activate lights"

It was a shot in the dark at best, but it was his only hope for the moment.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8644 on: October 15, 2012, 04:19:17 pm »

"We should get May, she's got a manipulator."
Thomas throws out an idea, and trains his rifle on the door.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8645 on: October 15, 2012, 04:25:50 pm »

"Nyeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr~"

Fly around the ship.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8646 on: October 15, 2012, 04:55:17 pm »

"Oh my. Sorry, friend! These tight quarters seem to be getting to me. That sound just now didn't help either. I didn't even know I was claustrophobic! I guess you learn something every day!"
Distract self from claustrophobia with the joy of discovery. Turn on suit lamps to feel safer and be able to actually see. Once that's taken care of, melt-cut out a hole large enough to crawl through around the wire bundle. Beware of alien treachery during all this.
[will:1]
(You said yourself you didn't like how tight it was :P)

You continue to flail about, hyperventilating and screaming at the same time until the lack of air forces you to become almost unconsciously calm

((Ok...Toaster got himself back in the Rec Room and nobody noticed that? O_o))

Update -...nothing yet, due to confusion.

Map, still unupdated. The Armory seems to be accessible.

Spoiler: What we know (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paracelsus' Sword: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Known inventories (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

Feyri gripped the nearby wall as she began typing on the wristpad.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel; Broadcasting
Light Lamps on for those in a group, share the light as it seems we've been cut off from all sources of power -- hoping that our suit energy would hold.

The Briefing room has been breached, anyone with connection to my suit can see from there.

We're moving in.

She thanked Sambo before helping him up, concerned about the loss of his teeth.

"Doors open, everyone. Let's breach this Briefing room! I'll be the pointman-...woman, um. Yeah."

The distance was just feet away in front of everyone...

Turning her light lamps on, adjusting for clarity, Feyri uses the same maneuver which she did in the third mission but this time, not with her shoulder as the implement of force. The plastic shield.

BREACH!

"Everyone get ready."
You slam the door with the shield repeatedly. It doesn't do anything. Damn you metal doors and your metal...door...ness.
Jim goes back inside, grabs several flares, takes them outside, and begins using them to search. (Consider this standing orders for turns until something endangers Jim or he finds something he might want to let the others know.)
You head to a shuttle and try to get inside and at the flares in the emergency kit, but find that the doors into the back of the shuttle are closed and that the button to open them doesn't seem to do anything. Hmm.
"Hmm.  I wonder if I caused that?  Only one way to find out..."
Quote from: Mesk Vraite | Message to: All
Anyone feel the ship move just now?  Yeah, that was probably me.  I just killed one of the wires and its friends tried to attack me.  If I'm gonna cut all of them I'll have to be smart, or somebody with a bigger weapon than a butterknife will have to come help me.
-M.V.
Back up some more, grab the next wire to come close to me and cut it before it can entangle me.

While he's waiting for an opening Mesk ponders the situation, and hesitantly taps out a message.  A message to the people most experienced in anomalies, alien structures, and miscellaneous weird stuff.
Quote from: Mesk Vraite | Message to: Group: The Bastards
Alright, it's me again.  You people seem to be good at surviving and being on top of the situation in strange circumstances; what are the odds that some sort of ancient living spaceship is alongside us, has drilled a hole in the hull of the Sword, and has sent in ambulatory wires to interfere with and control electrical systems, including our nervous systems?  I believe some sort of spatial or temporal dimensional distortion is in effect, so it might not even be visible, but could whoever's outside check for a really old intelligent ship?  Just humour me.  It's a long shot, I know.
-M.V.
You move back a bit and wait for the wires to come after you but they start acting differently. Then they begin moving, and moving much more violently then before , lashing out in thin strands and slamming against the inside of the vent, cutting and denting the metal. Uh...
>Decide if I am irrationally afraid of the dark or not.

[will:6]
Fucking dark.
[str:5]
You put a nice square dent in the locker, but it doesn't open. You grumble a bit as you spin away from the locker thanks to the force of the blow. You get your barrings again against the wall and then activate your lamps as you float out to the hanger and look around. Only person around is that Robot guy and he's looking at a shuttle with an annoyed emoticon face.
Lukas grabs the doctor's arm again. "Tell me, are you building a potential replacement here? If so, just tell me now." While asking this question, Lukas points his right arm (i.e. the gauss cannon) at Cog's face.

Ask/do the above
(the doctor left a while ago.)

"Damn it," Faith muttered to herself. At least they were getting closer to the source...

Activate lamps. Examine rec room.
You turn on your lamps and look around. The Tv is off but you can hear things banging around in the walls and vents, scraping and thudding with increasing speed and force. The Rec room is unchanged otherwise.

(( Hehehe, I got beaten by a door. Well, bad aim, but still.....
Did we actually get through the door to the briefing room? I thought it just sort of buckled, not opened. ))

"What the hell? Shit I hope I didn't do that. Who turned out the lights?"

Turn on suit lights. (yes, I got one a while ago, it just hasn't been updated on Feyri's list). If the door isn't open, punch the door again with the kinetic amp. If it is open, go into briefing room and examine surroundings.
[uncon:4]
You give the door another good punch and the entire top half bends into the briefing room, opening a way through, even if it's a small, awkward one.
((Actually, you don't need anything else for shaping a charge for cutting through a door, just shape a bit of explosive into a strip. According to what I'm reading about explosive door breaching, anyways.))

Well, looks like my explosives aren't required after all.

Suit lamps on, wristblade out, once the door is breached, head in with the others.
You turn on your lamps and extend your blade before leaping through the hole in the door and floating over to Lars. He waves.
Quote from:  Cellmate Mason kervech to rest of ship
Wires have retreated from the armoury, heading to briefing room for a confrontation with my first mind raping
Go to the briefing room, stay aware of any wires.
You follow Simus in and get hold of a bench to stop yourself.
All right, Maurice, I guess it's better if we find a exit fast.

Try opening the doors. See if I can cut or if Maurice has any type of razor that can cut them. Explore the back of the infimary, looking for anything. Shout to anyone nearby but Maurice.

HELLO. ANYONE HERE. WE NEED AN EXIT.
Hmm, well using your sword to cut a metal door would probably be a bad idea, all things considered, but a Razor or laser rifle might be able to cut it.
Thomas trails behind Feyri, with his rifle in firing position. His lights are also on, and he follows the others lead.
You wait as Simus and Mason head in, keeping your rifle aimed at the door and awaiting the screaming and meat rending noises you expect.
If Stacy has calmed down enough to melt through the wall, see if anything else is needed to proceed, such as pushing the circle out, and do so.
You drum your fingers and roll your eyes as Stacy continues having his freak out.
Milno sighs at the situation. Probably only going downhill from there.

Lamps on, look around.
You sweep the area with your lights. Beyond the newly opened door there isn't much to see, at least new.
Head towards the briefing room, but stay a good distance from the door.
You float out of the rec room and find the entrance to the briefing room in the dark. You don't go inside yet.
Travis breathed shallowly. It was just like when he was abandoned, back at Epcoc. The memories came rushing back, but he suppressed them. Now was not the time. Then he remembered. He forgot to ask the AM to fix his lamps.

"Buckler. Activate lights"

It was a shot in the dark at best, but it was his only hope for the moment.
For a moment nothing happens but then a series of lights on the machine's "head" blink on. YAY! Good boy.
"Nyeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr~"

Fly around the ship.
You float around like an idiot, flying out of the rec room, into a wall, down the hall and into the far wall near the hanger.

The banging and tearing in the Rec room continues to grow until finally several of the metal panels on the walls bend expose the crawl spaces behind. Torrents of living wire spill out like the growth of tree roots in fast motion, branching and smashing, as though searching for something.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8647 on: October 15, 2012, 05:00:23 pm »

"Damn, guess its confrantation time."
To the briefing room, once in attempt to make the entrance bigger.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8648 on: October 15, 2012, 05:15:06 pm »

"I'll go in first. I think I've got the hang of this bloody thing. For fuck's sake, don't shoot me in the back of the head."

Turn kinetic amp off. Climb through opening at top of door. Look around in briefing room. Tell everyone over open comms what I see (this is important). Get ready to respond to any attack with my sledgehammer. Attack back with it if anything hits me.

(( slightly more expendable than any other member of the team. Also added the "Tell everyone else" bit. )) 
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 05:19:00 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8649 on: October 15, 2012, 05:18:07 pm »

"One more thing to add to my hatelist." Milno spat out before sending a message to Jim:

"Jim, living wires are whipping around inside the rec room. I doubt they are just looking for some love, so I'm going outside either you like it or not. You should stay here and protect Feyri, my rifles won't do much against this stuff. I don't think she is in immediate danger, but it would be better if you came over."

Try to move to the hangar, activating the EMM and dodging wires if needed and attempting to destroy them with the gauntlet if any gets too close.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8650 on: October 15, 2012, 05:19:09 pm »

Head in, cover the back. Don't let any wires through. Help the others.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #8651 on: October 15, 2012, 06:08:10 pm »

"Oh, shit shit shit shit shit..."
Back up, try to slice any wire that comes close to me.  Try to remember where the nearest vent cover is, kick it open, and get out of the air ducts.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8652 on: October 15, 2012, 06:10:06 pm »

Brother Lars, isn't it? Are you alright? What happened in here?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8653 on: October 15, 2012, 06:12:28 pm »

"Uhhhhhh...."

Go grab my cutting torch. See if there's living wires anywhere else.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8654 on: October 15, 2012, 06:36:53 pm »

"Very well, but I take no responsibility if something happens to you. If you want to try to get to them, the shuttles should have flares. The door to them isn't working, so you'll have to find a way in." After relaying that to Milno, Jim went off to take a look at these rec room wires. And possibly melt them with his microwave amp if no one else was in the room.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 2101