_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 573 574 [575] 576 577 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5939323 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: LOCKDOWN
« Reply #8610 on: October 14, 2012, 10:37:21 pm »

"If Jim doesn't find a solution to his problem, I'm going anywhere. In the meanwhile, I'll go see what is up with the television." Milno said before walking off towards the rec room without much care.

Move to the rec room to check on the television and if there are any wires seeping from the ceiling.

Quote from: Message to Jim
If you don't get a solution, I'm going outside anyway.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8611 on: October 14, 2012, 10:44:15 pm »

"Take care Milno!" Feyri chirped, before a thought struck her.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel; Broadcasting
Hey about the wires...did anyone inspect their rooms to check for minute holes that could act as their passageway? Crevices or small openings in the ceiling, walls or floor?

Milno, what did you see?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8612 on: October 14, 2012, 11:09:41 pm »

Hey about the wires...did anyone inspect their rooms to check for minute holes that could act as their passageway? Crevices or small openings in the ceiling, walls or floor?

Milno, what did you see?
Quote from: Milno to Feyri
It was as if part of the panel had rusted and been pushed away to allow for the wire with the frayed tip to pass.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8613 on: October 15, 2012, 12:01:44 am »

Maybe there were searchlights on the ship and Steve would oblige him. He thought the brain probably wanted this anomaly dealt with as soon as possible, too. "Steve, are there any external lights on the Sword? If so, can you power them up for me?" he asked over coms. If Steve said there weren't any or just didn't feel like helping him for whatever reason, Jim would head back into the hangar and look for anything he could use as a spotlight.

Quote from: Subject Nineteen Dash Three to Feyri Nirel
Minor setback. :\ There's not enough light on the surface of the Sword; I was hoping we wouldn't be in the shadow of anything, but I guess we're just unlucky right now. I'm asking Steve for some assistance, but if he can't help me, do you - or anyone with you - know where I can get a more powerful light source?
You get no reply from steve so you head back into the hanger and look around. Well, there are lights on the shuttles and on the walls, you might be able to tear one of them off or something. Other then that though, you don't see anything in the immediate area.
[int:5]
Wait a minute, isn't there an emergency kit in each of the shuttles? It might have flares.
Message everyone:
Quote from: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos; to everyone
Stacy and I followed the wire to a bundle of wires coming through the wall. Not sure that they look like they belong. We could cut them via amp/manipulator. Votes?
Send an image of the wires as well. Ascertain whether they belong to the ship itself.
Well... the look standard enough, all nice and held  in place with plastic ties. Unless this...whatever it is was nice enough to bundle itself up then it's probably normally.
"Well, it worked well enough the first time, how about round two, then? Back up a bit, my friend, I think I'll try the heating trick again."
Back up to a slightly safer distance, then manipulator-melt-cut a hole in the wall around the wire, making sure that it's large enough for me to crawl through.
"I can't help but be not entirely satisfied with the size of this crawlspace, though. I guess I'll make do somehow. Not like I have a choice."
[will:1-1]
You attempt to back up, bump into the guy behind you, and promptly start freaking out, having a claustrophobic attack. You flail around as best you can in the tiny coffin of a room and kicking the man behind you.

"Excuse me friend but would you kindly MOVE THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY?!"
"Can you wait a few..." Gorat begins as he gets Feyri's message.
Back up a bit.
"Okay, Feyri thinks we should do anything we can to follow the wires. Go ahead, then."
You back up under the flurry of kicks from Stacy, grumbling and covering your head as best you can.
"Yep, give me a sec to stop my wrist throbbing though. Stand back a bit too, this one will be the finisher."

Punch door with kinetic amp twice more. More accurately and more effectively. But twice as well.

(( Is the armoury actually accessible or just "more accessible than completely closed"? Weapons area accessible?
And as a question, just how long does tinkering in the real world take? Ages, or just a turn or two?
))
[uncon:5]
You slam the amp into the door again. This time the blow bows the entire door inward, curving it like a bowl.
[uncon:1]
You swing at the door but completely misjudge the blow and end up almost punching yourself in the leg. You hold back at the last second but the shockwave blows you completely off your feet and sends you face first into the ground, knocking out both of your front teeth.
[end:2]
MUFHER FUHKING OWWWWW!
Give the door a test burst. See if the metal melts or anything.
You fire into the door. It doesn't seem to have any effect. Hmm, maybe hardened against lasers?

"Calm before the storm? Maybe it's time for testing."

Take a breath, and see how long I can hold it.

((Dude. We trash the Sword even when Steve is there. Why do you think the dishwasher is in neat slices?))
(Robots confusing weapons with cooking aids, clearly)

You take a deep breath and hold it. And Keep holding it. And keep holding it. And keep holding it. And holding it. And holding it. This doesn't even hurt, it just feels...normal. Huh.

"Huh. Guess the shuttle flies itself or some shit. Whatever, unhelpful."

>Try again on those lockers, but use the mallet this time!
[str:2]
You smack the lockers with your mallet but it has literally no effect.
Masturbate in the corner.
You do this. It is rather distracting for everyone.

(I thought the wires were moving because of the zero-g, if I knew they were animated I would've done this first.)

Quote from: Mesk Vraite | Message to: All
This is Mesk again.  I've discovered what appears to be a mass of wriggling wires above the briefing room, I'm cutting them now.  I've got a theory, but I don't have enough evidence yet to back it up.  If I don't update you on the results of cutting the wires in one minute assume the severed ends killed me.
-M.V.
Cut the wires, one at a time.  If any of the severed ends try to attack me, back away and try to defend myself while noting which end is still moving.
You cut one of the wires.
[dex:5]
You jerk back as several other wires break from the bunch and try to ensnare your arm. The one you cut stays still.

I'll wait on another attempt.

Wait on another Kinetic Amp attempt. Shape a half kilogram of the explosive into a shaped charge in the meantime.
Pretty sure that you need some sort of metal or shell to make a shape charge. I mean, otherwise how are you going to funnel the force?
"They attack when oppertunity presents...."
Pretend to sleep on the floor.
You lay on the floor and pretend to be unhelpful. You're really good at it.
Almost...  Steve, give me strength!

Break free!  Get that statuette!
[will:4]
You tear your way free, lurching forward toward the statuette and the space man but the second you break out of the  webs the statue vanishes and only the man is left. He looks down at the vanished artifact, looks up at you and then charges forward. His hands are almost on your throat when he and the rest of the shadowy world around you vanishes. You find yourself back in the rec room, standing amongst a tangle of snapped wires.
"If Jim doesn't find a solution to his problem, I'm going anywhere. In the meanwhile, I'll go see what is up with the television." Milno said before walking off towards the rec room without much care.

Move to the rec room to check on the television and if there are any wires seeping from the ceiling.

Quote from: Message to Jim
If you don't get a solution, I'm going outside anyway.
As you step in and look at the television it goes black. You have a bad feeling about this.

The entire ship seems to shudder and a low groan, a sound of anger or pain, echos through the halls before all the lights go out.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8614 on: October 15, 2012, 12:17:55 am »

"Oh my. Sorry, friend! These tight quarters seem to be getting to me. That sound just now didn't help either. I didn't even know I was claustrophobic! I guess you learn something every day!"
Distract self from claustrophobia with the joy of discovery. Turn on suit lamps to feel safer and be able to actually see. Once that's taken care of, melt-cut out a hole large enough to crawl through around the wire bundle. Beware of alien treachery during all this.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8615 on: October 15, 2012, 12:27:50 am »

((Ok...Toaster got himself back in the Rec Room and nobody noticed that? O_o))

Update -...nothing yet, due to confusion.

Map, still unupdated. The Armory seems to be accessible.

Spoiler: What we know (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paracelsus' Sword: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Known inventories (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

Feyri gripped the nearby wall as she began typing on the wristpad.

Light Lamps on for those in a group, share the light as it seems we've been cut off from all sources of power -- hoping that our suit energy would hold.

The Briefing room has been breached, anyone with connection to my suit can see from there.

We're moving in.

She thanked Sambo before helping him up, concerned about the loss of his teeth.

"Doors open, everyone. Let's breach this Briefing room! I'll be the pointman-...woman, um. Yeah."

The distance was just feet away in front of everyone...

Turning her light lamps on, adjusting for clarity, Feyri uses the same maneuver which she did in the third mission but this time, not with her shoulder as the implement of force. The plastic shield.

BREACH!

"Everyone get ready."

« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 12:32:32 pm by Tiruin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8616 on: October 15, 2012, 01:23:00 am »

Jim goes back inside, grabs several flares, takes them outside, and begins using them to search. (Consider this standing orders for turns until something endangers Jim or he finds something he might want to let the others know.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #8617 on: October 15, 2012, 01:57:26 am »

"Hmm.  I wonder if I caused that?  Only one way to find out..."
Quote from: Mesk Vraite | Message to: All
Anyone feel the ship move just now?  Yeah, that was probably me.  I just killed one of the wires and its friends tried to attack me.  If I'm gonna cut all of them I'll have to be smart, or somebody with a bigger weapon than a butterknife will have to come help me.
-M.V.
Back up some more, grab the next wire to come close to me and cut it before it can entangle me.

While he's waiting for an opening Mesk ponders the situation, and hesitantly taps out a message.  A message to the people most experienced in anomalies, alien structures, and miscellaneous weird stuff.
Quote from: Mesk Vraite | Message to: Group: The Bastards
Alright, it's me again.  You people seem to be good at surviving and being on top of the situation in strange circumstances; what are the odds that some sort of ancient living spaceship is alongside us, has drilled a hole in the hull of the Sword, and has sent in ambulatory wires to interfere with and control electrical systems, including our nervous systems?  I believe some sort of spatial or temporal dimensional distortion is in effect, so it might not even be visible, but could whoever's outside check for a really old intelligent ship?  Just humour me.  It's a long shot, I know.
-M.V.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 02:06:14 am by Remalle »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8618 on: October 15, 2012, 02:12:33 am »

Milno checks his wristpad and notices a message for the Bastards, answering it.
Quote from: Message to Mesk
Stranger things have happened, so it would not come as a surprise if you were right. In fact, it is possible these ancient astronauts found that artifact and it somehow bound them to it and it is now roaming in search of more victims.

Jim is checking the ship's hull now. I'll probably be joining him soon.

>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8619 on: October 15, 2012, 02:35:31 am »

Feyri pondered on the idea as she hastily replied to Mesk, tapping the bowl'd door with her foot.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = Mesk
I'm checking the Briefing room while Milno is going to help Jim. Faith is in the Rec room with the others and I have no idea where Ivan left off to.

While your idea may be sound...Steve is blaming the anomaly on us, meaning an alien spaceship can't have latch onto the ship as the Sword is a battlecruiser-type class. I take it you're assuming from what Milno said, right? If alien tech, then how did he escape?

Hypothetical question, that one. Milno said the wires are physical and are using openings in the rooms to get their victims. Now, we can't exclude anything we don't know, but I'm suspecting something is interfering with the power. As if it depends on the substance of electrical usage to work.

We can't ask Steve...no contact with him so we don't probably know if anything else is ailing the ship.

Bah. Rely on intuition and what you've seen. Intelligence and probably common sense -- Steve won't just space convicts unarmed, so I'm guessing even a normal human being can solve this unhanded.

As she finished the last sentence, Feyri looked at her body then glanced back at the Briefing room door, sighing.

If only I had common sense back then, or most of my body would be natural and not synthetic.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8620 on: October 15, 2012, 02:43:44 am »

>Decide if I am irrationally afraid of the dark or not.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #8621 on: October 15, 2012, 03:02:56 am »

Lukas grabs the doctor's arm again. "Tell me, are you building a potential replacement here? If so, just tell me now." While asking this question, Lukas points his right arm (i.e. the gauss cannon) at Cog's face.

Ask/do the above
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8622 on: October 15, 2012, 04:17:34 am »

"Damn it," Faith muttered to herself. At least they were getting closer to the source...

Activate lamps. Examine rec room.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8623 on: October 15, 2012, 04:27:06 am »

(( Hehehe, I got beaten by a door. Well, bad aim, but still.....
Did we actually get through the door to the briefing room? I thought it just sort of buckled, not opened. ))

"What the hell? Shit I hope I didn't do that. Who turned out the lights?"

Turn on suit lights. (yes, I got one a while ago, it just hasn't been updated on Feyri's list). If the door isn't open, punch the door again with the kinetic amp. If it is open, go into briefing room and examine surroundings.
It's a game. Have fun.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8624 on: October 15, 2012, 04:31:23 am »

Update -...Inventory.

Map, still unupdated. The Armory seems to be accessible.

Spoiler: What we know (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paracelsus' Sword: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Known inventories (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

(( Hehehe, I got beaten by a door. Well, bad aim, but still.....
Did we actually get through the door to the briefing room? I thought it just sort of buckled, not opened. ))
((The door is open. Upper half, unless I'm taking the 'bowl shape' the wrong way.))

You slam the amp into the door again. This time the blow bows the entire door inward, curving it like a bowl.

((I'm assuming it's like an inverted parabola, because you punched it. Yes, it's open. Half of it.))
Pages: 1 ... 573 574 [575] 576 577 ... 2101