_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 571 572 [573] 574 575 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5939375 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: LOCKDOWN
« Reply #8580 on: October 14, 2012, 02:14:00 pm »

Update - Locations; Speculations//Assumptions

Map, still unupdated. The Armory seems to be accessible.

Spoiler: What we know (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paracelsus' Sword: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Known inventories (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

"I knew we were going to need a cutting torch." Feyri said as she kicked at the briefing room door.

"This thing is strangely locked down. Does anyone have anything to remedy this inconvenience?"

Quote from: Feyri Nirel; Broadcasting

Alright, it looks like Jim is doing fine on the outside of the ship. All I can see is...a minor setback in photo-optics.

Anyway, does anyone have a clue what's going on with those assumed wires that attacked Milno? Or any clue on a man with a robe and a symbol of Steve -- Brother Lars? The Briefing room is LOCKED, and I'm not quite sure we can open this thing unless we break down the door.

Or...the wall.

Assess wall integrity -- is it made of metal? Is the door barring us from the Briefing room made of metal?

Intelligence - Is it feasible to attack the door and/or wall, with my Tesla Sabre? Because I firstly know that this thing closed on it's own volition -- judging by Steve's last broadcast, and I need to assure that what killed me [electric feedback] doesn't happen here.

Hmm, well the door and the wall are both made of metal, as is the floor and ceiling and walls of the corridor you're in. So attacking it with a Tesla sabre may be ill advised, though it's kinda hard to tell what the electricity would do in this case.
"Thank you, stranger! You've really done me a good turn with that!  Now to extricate myself from this strange fellow right here..."
Extricate myself from violent acquaintance's grasp. Go toward the hole in the ceiling.
"I'd like to go in first, but any of you are welcome to follow me if you want to. After all, there's bound to be adventure up there in some form or another."
Climb up into the hole in the ceiling. Find the suspicious wire and attempt to follow it to its source.
[dex:4]
You untangle yourself and pull yourself up into the ceiling. There's barely enough room to move in here, you can only get forward with your head turned sideways and slithering along on your stomach, but you continue regardless, following the wire carefully with one hand as you slink through the claustrophobic innards of the ship. Finally the wire comes together into a bundle of wires which continue on for a bit before passing through a tiny hole in a solid metal wall. Hmm.
Faith furrowed her brow at the strange display on the TV. She supposed this was... less grim than before, at least. It worried her a bit that it had shifted so severely, though.

She also checked her wristpad for Feyri's message, and raised an eyebrow. Was there any particular reason not to break the door down?

Quote from: Message to Everyone
Feyri-

No sign of Lars. TV Man seems to be winning now, though. Still no clue what it means, if anything.

Keep watching TV. Try to intuit something out about the situation.
You continue watching the man's struggles and, in the middle of a particularly hard jerk forward he looks down at his own chest. Hanging from his neck is a pendant. A suspiciously familiar pendant.

"Ah hell.."
Quote from: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos; To everyone
Stacy and I'll be following the wire from the armory, possibly Mason and that hammer guy, Sambo, too. The Armory Master is not available, Feyri.

Follow Stacy. Use tiny heat circles to cut any wires that deem to attack us.
You follow Stacy up into confines of the roof and all the way to the end of the wire's path, or at least as far as you can reach as it is.
(( Not me. You all go get strangled by possessed wires without me. Be sure to yell out when it happens though. so we know where the bodies are for looting.... errrrmm.... retrieval and rescue. In fact, I'm getting out of range of any repeatedly used microwave amp as quickly as possible. Things happen with them, bad things. ))

"I'm going back to the other exploration team. The one not full of fuck-knuckles. Have fun idiots."

"Feyri, could you get back from the door for a sec? I'll see if I can smash the bloody thing down."

Turn kinetic amp on. Go back to briefing room door. Punch briefing room door as hard as possible with kinetic amp.If it doesn't smash through, punch it again.
[uncon: 2]
You swing and hit the door hard enough to make the bones in your arm vibrate painfully, but unfortunately you don't hit with the impact plate part of the amp and it has no effect. You grumble and take another swing.
[uncon:3]
The blow hits but isn't terribly powerful, creating a small dent in the heavy metal but nothing else.
Quote from: Simulacrus Ferratum-Inanis; Re: Demolitions
On my way.

Go to Feyri, await kinetic amp test, examine door both before and after.
You join up with Feyri and watch as Sambo pounds away rather impotently on the wall.
Give the stuff back to Feyri. Turn laser diffusion all the way down, power all the way up.
"My laser could burn it down, maybe."
You hand the laser back to Feyri after adjusting the settings.

All right, his first idea was a bad one, but maybe if he sat and thought and used his Intelligence he could come up with a better idea about what to do about the lighting.
[int: 4]
Hmm you can't do much as it is beyond just very carefully scour the hull around you in a slow, sweeping pattern. But maybe if you could get a hold of some sort of spotlight or flares or something similar...something that would give you more light.
"Well. I suppose this is to store air or something? Wonder what's next."

Wait for other painfull modification.
You feel a couple more twinges of pain and discomfort but  it seems like it's over. Hmm.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8581 on: October 14, 2012, 02:23:43 pm »

Maybe there were searchlights on the ship and Steve would oblige him. He thought the brain probably wanted this anomaly dealt with as soon as possible, too. "Steve, are there any external lights on the Sword? If so, can you power them up for me?" he asked over coms. If Steve said there weren't any or just didn't feel like helping him for whatever reason, Jim would head back into the hangar and look for anything he could use as a spotlight.

Quote from: Subject Nineteen Dash Three to Feyri Nirel
Minor setback. :\ There's not enough light on the surface of the Sword; I was hoping we wouldn't be in the shadow of anything, but I guess we're just unlucky right now. I'm asking Steve for some assistance, but if he can't help me, do you - or anyone with you - know where I can get a more powerful light source?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 02:28:54 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #8582 on: October 14, 2012, 02:29:29 pm »

Message everyone:
Quote from: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos; to everyone
Stacy and I followed the wire to a bundle of wires coming through the wall. Not sure that they look like they belong. We could cut them via amp/manipulator. Votes?
Send an image of the wires as well. Ascertain whether they belong to the ship itself.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8583 on: October 14, 2012, 02:30:38 pm »

"Well, it worked well enough the first time, how about round two, then? Back up a bit, my friend, I think I'll try the heating trick again."
Back up to a slightly safer distance, then manipulator-melt-cut a hole in the wall around the wire, making sure that it's large enough for me to crawl through.
"I can't help but be not entirely satisfied with the size of this crawlspace, though. I guess I'll make do somehow. Not like I have a choice."
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 02:37:12 pm by Harry Baldman »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8584 on: October 14, 2012, 02:35:07 pm »

Update -...

Map, still unupdated. The Armory seems to be accessible.

Spoiler: What we know (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paracelsus' Sword: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Known inventories (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

"New plan. Jim needs help with a stronger light source than our amps or lamps out there, if anyone can, help him.

"Also, Simus, it looks like your call now."

Quote from: Feyri Nirel; Broadcasting
Jim needs help outside. The Sword needs light, and he can't use lamps or amps to manipulate his own. Does anyone have a stronger source of light, or can improvise one?

Jim, I have no idea where to even get light here. Unless you use solar panels or perhaps divert the auxiliary power from these sirens...Sorry. :(

@[Gorat]: Do anything it takes to find out where those wires come from.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8585 on: October 14, 2012, 02:36:30 pm »

(( Big swing, no ding. Or maybe just a little, impotent ding. Sambo did get hit in the balls with a meat tenderizer recently. Give the guy a break. ))

"Bloody hell. You'd think these doors were reinforced or something. Shit that stung! Any of you got any other ideas?"

It's a game. Have fun.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #8586 on: October 14, 2012, 02:39:58 pm »

"Can you wait a few..." Gorat begins as he gets Feyri's message.
Back up a bit.
"Okay, Feyri thinks we should do anything we can to follow the wires. Go ahead, then."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8587 on: October 14, 2012, 02:43:22 pm »

"Bloody hell. You'd think these doors were reinforced or something. Shit that stung! Any of you got any other ideas?"

"Can't we try again at the moment?"

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8588 on: October 14, 2012, 02:51:36 pm »

"Yep, give me a sec to stop my wrist throbbing though. Stand back a bit too, this one will be the finisher."

Punch door with kinetic amp twice more. More accurately and more effectively. But twice as well.

(( Is the armoury actually accessible or just "more accessible than completely closed"? Weapons area accessible?
And as a question, just how long does tinkering in the real world take? Ages, or just a turn or two?
))
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 02:55:07 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8589 on: October 14, 2012, 02:52:12 pm »

Quote from: Subject Nineteen Dash Three; Broadcasting
I don't actually need help, merely a light source. Like I told Feyri, I'm currently asking Steve for assistance there, and asked Feyri if she knew an alternate light source assuming Steve doesn't have anything. There's not enough light out here for light amps to work, light lamps aren't bright enough, and using both ends up blinding my cameras. Does anyone have any ideas?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8590 on: October 14, 2012, 02:54:28 pm »

Quote from: Feyri Nirel; Broadcasting.
I have a Tesla Sabre. Thomas has a Laser Rifle.

Isn't it possible to repurpose the batteries?

...Isn't it also possible to repurpose whatever we find in the Recreation room?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8591 on: October 14, 2012, 02:58:20 pm »

(( Is the armoury actually accessible or just "more accessible than completely closed"? Weapons area accessible? ))

((From what I can tell (having been in the armory up until a short time ago), the armory kiosk (where you get your weapons) is shut tight, but the area around it (the room marked as "Armory" on the map) is still accessible.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8592 on: October 14, 2012, 03:03:17 pm »

Give the door a test burst. See if the metal melts or anything.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8593 on: October 14, 2012, 03:03:59 pm »

"Try a few extra suits worth of lights. Drag them out, float them, and they should stay where you put them. Or just rip the lights out of a suit. Or off anywhere really. Or just turn your bloody light amps down. Or use your friggen magic-robot-vision. Can't you see all kinds of shit the mark 1 eyeball can't? Fuck, I don't know. Try everything, just don't do it all at once. "

(( Is Jim's stuff in quote boxes speech over coms? Or do I have to remove a couple of quotation marks? ))
It's a game. Have fun.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8594 on: October 14, 2012, 03:05:42 pm »

(( Is the armoury actually accessible or just "more accessible than completely closed"? Weapons area accessible? ))

((From what I can tell (having been in the armory up until a short time ago), the armory kiosk (where you get your weapons) is shut tight, but the area around it (the room marked as "Armory" on the map) is still accessible.))
((Or, put another way, the kiosk behind which all the gear is kept is sealed up; the loitering area you're supposed to stand in while requesting said gear is open.))

Quote from: Message to Everyone
Damn it guys, I found Lars. He's the one with the pendant, right? Well the TV just showed that whoever's eyes we're watching through has just such a pendant. I think Lars is stuck in whatever's going on in the TV, which is a problem because he's not necessarily winning.

I vote nay on cutting the wires before knowing what they are or do.

No ideas on light source. The issue isn't really power, it's things that can use that power. We've got plenty of blasty things that generate force, but nothing to try to channel it into to create light.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 571 572 [573] 574 575 ... 2101