_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5939389 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: LOCKDOWN
« Reply #8565 on: October 14, 2012, 04:35:37 am »

Sorry about the delay, I was watching young lady contortionists in skin tight black latex doing acrobatic tricks in midair. Did I mention I live in Vegas?

"Oh boy..."
Actually, just intuit what the hell is going on.
[intuition:2+1]
Uh...well considering the emergency lights, the space suits and the yelling, probably nothing good.
(I suggest the first thing your character does is go to the hangar and get a MK I suit. There's probably written directions to go do that by now. :P)

Jim attempted to activate his light amps at the same time as his light lamps, to see if that would do anything.
Oh it does something all right. It blinds you. You spend the next 30 seconds swearing and trying to rub the overloaded white out of mechanical eyes. They reboot eventually.

"Well, the manipulator works. Sorry about cutting you off there, reasonable friend, but I really wanted to try the manipulator out. Plus, it seems to have worked almost perfectly. So, we can do this, we just need to cooperate a bit. I think we could take that bit I melted around right out, but I'm not sure I'm strong enough. Mind giving me a hand with that? We should get through before it cools off or all that minimal work will have been for nothing."
Using momentum obtained from unreasonable, violent friend crashing into me, untangle myself and bounce toward the almost-hole, using my weight and strength to bust through.
[str:2-1]
You attempt to launch yourself off your violent not-so-friend but only end up more entangled. Oh drat and gosh darn.

((Hey Piecewise, I just checked the cheatsheet, and shouldn't I have 1 Timmy tear with me? I think I picked one up back in the beginning. If not, please ignore this post.))
Yeah, you have it. I didn't have it on there since I was just remembering who had them, before they became multiple.
(( I'm assuming that last "bounce through wall" post was on open coms/datapad ))

"Oi, idiots in the armoury, I've got a sodding sledge to open crap like that. I'll be down in a sec. Feyri, I'll be in the armoury. "

Turn kinetic amp off. Go to armoury. If the bouncing body doesn't open the cut-out hole, hit cut hole with the sledgehammer a couple of times until it falls opens. If the body-hammer does make it through, assess the injuries they just did to themselves.
You head to the  Armory and give the cut hole a good hard blow. It opens easily. Jeez, these guys seem pretty incompetent if they can't even get this done.
>Ehh, try busting open a couple of lockers for teh loots.

>Whether or not that works, go over to the nearest shuttle. Examine it. Check if it's unlocked.
You bang against the lockers with your bare hands for a few minutes but fail to make an impression. You give up, rubbing sore hands, and walk back into the hanger an take a look at one of the shuttles. You press the button to open the hatch to the passenger compartment, but nothing happens. As per the driver's compartment, oddly, there doesn't seem to be a door to it.
"That went better than expected. Now if you guys can stop bouncing like May's assets..."
Help opening the panel. If no more help is needed there, try to stop the other guys from bouncing.
It seems like they have it under...well not under control, but they're succeeding.
"Force it open?"
Just how much force it would take to force the doors open.
Uh...well it's a reinforced bulkhead door that looks like it's designed to slow down boarders. So a bit.
((I'm really unsure of whether I should be doing this, considering my only weapon's a kitchen knife, but whatever.))

Join the people attempting to enter the briefing room.
You join Feyri and her crew of happy adventurers.
"Oy new kid, I need you as back up, so stand outside while I try something."
Continue with the pushing, if successful enter room and close eyes.
You're already in the room so...you close your eyes. Nothing really happens.
"...oh, that's what he meant."
Take a close look at the wires.  Note any unusual properties, and try to determine whether they're a regular part of Paracelsus' Sword or not.  If they're not supposed to be here, try and figure out where the wires lead (both directions) and whether they're safe to cut.
Hmm well, lets see here. Unusual properties include being fucking mobile and squirming all over the damn place. And you're fairly sure they're not a normal part of the ship, unless the ship is pretty dang weird. As per where they go, they seem to be going into the Briefing room, or at least the general area, and they're coming from somewhere up above, toward the hull.
Keep trying! Break that strap! Also try and figure out what is pushing me.

((Its the tail, isn't it.))
[str:4]
You jerk your hand back and forth till the strap finally gives, ripping under the constant cutting from your armor. You release your throat strap and jerk your head up, groaning about "useless goddamn robots". You feel on your back and feel what seems to be an enormous tumorous mass, an organic tank or cylinder.
Resist!  Resist!

Resist!  Resist!
[will:4]
You wrench yourself a few steps forward, the strands on your arms breaking as you walk. You're almost free of them, almost back to the man and his statuette.
((Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.))

Keep watching and trying to figure out what's going on using the feed.
Well, the camera man seems to now be winning against whatever he's fighting, though you still have no idea about what he's fighting or why.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8566 on: October 14, 2012, 04:56:20 am »

Update - Locations; Speculations//Assumptions

Map, still unupdated. The Armory seems to be accessible.

Spoiler: What we know (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paracelsus' Sword: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Known inventories (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

"I knew we were going to need a cutting torch." Feyri said as she kicked at the briefing room door.

"This thing is strangely locked down. Does anyone have anything to remedy this inconvenience?"

Quote from: Feyri Nirel; Broadcasting

Alright, it looks like Jim is doing fine on the outside of the ship. All I can see is...a minor setback in photo-optics.

Anyway, does anyone have a clue what's going on with those assumed wires that attacked Milno? Or any clue on a man with a robe and a symbol of Steve -- Brother Lars? The Briefing room is LOCKED, and I'm not quite sure we can open this thing unless we break down the door.

Or...the wall.

Assess wall integrity -- is it made of metal? Is the door barring us from the Briefing room made of metal?

Intelligence - Is it feasible to attack the door and/or wall, with my Tesla Sabre? Because I firstly know that this thing closed on it's own volition -- judging by Steve's last broadcast, and I need to assure that what killed me [electric feedback] doesn't happen here.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8567 on: October 14, 2012, 04:59:04 am »

"Thank you, stranger! You've really done me a good turn with that!  Now to extricate myself from this strange fellow right here..."
Extricate myself from violent acquaintance's grasp. Go toward the hole in the ceiling.
"I'd like to go in first, but any of you are welcome to follow me if you want to. After all, there's bound to be adventure up there in some form or another."
Climb up into the hole in the ceiling. Find the suspicious wire and attempt to follow it to its source.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8568 on: October 14, 2012, 05:42:31 am »

Faith furrowed her brow at the strange display on the TV. She supposed this was... less grim than before, at least. It worried her a bit that it had shifted so severely, though.

She also checked her wristpad for Feyri's message, and raised an eyebrow. Was there any particular reason not to break the door down?

Quote from: Message to Everyone
Feyri-

No sign of Lars. TV Man seems to be winning now, though. Still no clue what it means, if anything.

Keep watching TV. Try to intuit something out about the situation.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8569 on: October 14, 2012, 06:10:56 am »

((piecewise: Found my Laser Rifle. Thomas is holding it. XD))

Quote from: Feyri Nirel; Broadcasting
If anyone doesn't mind. We'll be making our way to the briefing room through diplomacy.

Wait, already tried talking down the door and threatening it.

So we'll use force now. Anyone got a fusion cutter? No matter, will ask those with me.

Is the Armory open? Is the AM present and can we requisition anything from there?

"Anyone got a fusion cutter?" Feyri blinked as the obvious presented itself.

"Thomas, could I have my Laser Rifle back when you're done holding it? And probably the blue pill if you found it?

"Looking at what we all currently have, the only weapons that seem like a practical idea to use in breaking this door...or wall, are Milno's gauss rifle rounds or this Tesla Sabre. However, most other convicts on this ship are unarmed and with five tokens. I don't think this anomaly would present itself invulnerable and Steve to just jettison all those who are unarmed.

"Meaning, I think we can solve this anomaly riddle using nothing but our minds, figuratively. Or literally for those who have amps."

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #8570 on: October 14, 2012, 06:19:34 am »

Quote from: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos; To everyone
Stacy and I'll be following the wire from the armory, possibly Mason and that hammer guy, Sambo, too. The Armory Master is not available, Feyri.

Follow Stacy. Use tiny heat circles to cut any wires that deem to attack us.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8571 on: October 14, 2012, 07:20:41 am »

(( Not me. You all go get strangled by possessed wires without me. Be sure to yell out when it happens though. so we know where the bodies are for looting.... errrrmm.... retrieval and rescue. In fact, I'm getting out of range of any repeatedly used microwave amp as quickly as possible. Things happen with them, bad things. ))

"I'm going back to the other exploration team. The one not full of fuck-knuckles. Have fun idiots."

"Feyri, could you get back from the door for a sec? I'll see if I can smash the bloody thing down."

Turn kinetic amp on. Go back to briefing room door. Punch briefing room door as hard as possible with kinetic amp.If it doesn't smash through, punch it again.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 07:23:40 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8572 on: October 14, 2012, 07:23:20 am »

(( Not me. You all go get strangled by possessed wires without me. Be sure to yell out when it happens though. so we know where the bodies are for looting.... errrrmm.... retrieval and rescue. In fact, I'm getting out of range of any repeatedly used microwave amp as quickly as possible. Things happen with them, bad things. ))

"I'm going back to the other exploration team. The one not full of fuck-knuckles. Have fun idiots."

"Feyri and co, get back from the door for a sec. I'll see if I can smash this bloody thing down."

Turn kinetic amp on. Go back to briefing room door (quickly). Punch briefing room door as hard as possible with kinetic amp.If it doesn't smash through, punch it again.
((Thanks for using metagaming. Again...

You think explaining through OOC statements will give off the idea that your character is aiming to do such?))
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 07:27:08 am by Tiruin »

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8573 on: October 14, 2012, 07:27:37 am »

(( By using Feyri's name? Or by responding to something said over what I thought was open coms? I'm happy enough to change my action. Which part was meta'd? I can OOC MY thoughts on the matter of excessive microwave amp usage, Sambo is going back to Feyri's group because that's where he started, and this group obviously are a bit incompetent at some things. So where was the meta-gaming bit?))

((Oh, never mind. You might have something against people joking about looting the crispy bodies of their team-mates. No worries, won't mention it again. ))
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 07:30:02 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8574 on: October 14, 2012, 08:36:02 am »

Quote from: Message to Feyri
I've got some demolitions explosive I could use to open a door or wall if need be. I bet that the door's reinforced, but a kilogram of this stuff is a pretty decent amount of explosive.

I've also got a chemical grenade prototype that the chemical would likely make if through, but that would not be recommended as we are in null-gee and the by-products of the combustion of the chemical are some very nasty acids.

-Simulacrus Ferratum-Inanis

Continue observations unless wanted by Feyri.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 09:03:59 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8575 on: October 14, 2012, 08:46:35 am »

Feyri nodded as Sambo approached, typing on her wristpad.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel; Re: Demolitions
We've got one of the convicts [didn't see his name, I'm sure the MK I suits have names on them though...] with a kinetic amp here doing the work. Though, having a bit more help here if he fails would be alright.

Wait, redact that, we need all the help we can get. The Briefing room is locked off, and Steve never said anything about it. I'm guessing I have to call your hand here if you want, Simus.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8576 on: October 14, 2012, 09:03:23 am »

Quote from: Simulacrus Ferratum-Inanis; Re: Demolitions
On my way.

Go to Feyri, await kinetic amp test, examine door both before and after.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 01:12:53 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8577 on: October 14, 2012, 11:24:22 am »

Give the stuff back to Feyri. Turn laser diffusion all the way down, power all the way up.
"My laser could burn it down, maybe."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8578 on: October 14, 2012, 11:51:34 am »

All right, his first idea was a bad one, but maybe if he sat and thought and used his Intelligence he could come up with a better idea about what to do about the lighting.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8579 on: October 14, 2012, 01:56:45 pm »

"Well. I suppose this is to store air or something? Wonder what's next."

Wait for other painfull modification.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 2101