_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 561 562 [563] 564 565 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5939842 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: LOCKDOWN
« Reply #8430 on: October 10, 2012, 09:12:06 pm »

((Well, she can think she's not crazy, and act like it too, but everyone else that's read her file thinks otherwise. :P))

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8431 on: October 10, 2012, 09:22:20 pm »

(( Welcome to the HMRC. One of the few places that it's best to assume everyone is crazy and act accordingly. When in Rome....... ))
It's a game. Have fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8432 on: October 10, 2012, 09:24:44 pm »

((She's not crazy. Actually, maybe I'm taking that off because there's too much issue about it.))
((I didn't want to be mean. I just crack jokes from time to time, but they're good-natured. Something like what your character had in her sheet probably exists in a similar form through cosmic horror contamination, but I don't know about it. Some people already had ominous dreams already under the influence of exterior forces, but I saw no one with an inherent trait like that.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8433 on: October 10, 2012, 09:25:17 pm »

((May. That is all.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8434 on: October 10, 2012, 11:06:20 pm »

(( I believe the word dream was said, not nightmare. :P )) 
It's a game. Have fun.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8435 on: October 10, 2012, 11:56:28 pm »

Update.
Spoiler: What we know (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paracelsus' Sword: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Known inventories (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Feyri Nirel, broadcasting this to all
"Milno here. I'm in the airlock, and after I got inside, it trapped me inside. There is a wire which came out from behind one of the ceiling's panels and got to my neck and started to scew with my mind. I was the man in the television, the guy in a heavy suit. I saw everything through his eyes until I snapped out of it, but I think these wires may not give up so easily. Stay together or these blastdoors may close down on you and try to mess with your brain as well."

Well, now we know why Steve hit the main power on the Sword. Everyone, keep watch for electrical circuits and search for the fusebox, if the ship keeps any.

Hey now, here's an idea. Hows about we improvise into the VR machine. Hook up ourselves to the thing so we can fully interact [y'know, that reality needle and whatnot] to try to search for that anomaly there?

I have a Tesla Sabre by the way.

We've still lost Brother Lars' signal!

Now, everyone, bear with me. The anomaly is surely physical in nature, or Steve wouldn't have closed off our sector -- putting it with us, to fix or to die trying. Second, I believe it has some kind of medium for movement, not omnipresent, per se. Everything electrical doesn't work that is connected to the ship, except for the Tv which we're going to find out.

Well, let's see what my intuition could derive from everything on what we know.

Intuition, in giving a helpful clue on how the wires affected Milno's mind! He was armored, judging from what he said, and if something hit the spinal cord directly...How did it pass through metal?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 12:44:40 am by Tiruin »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8436 on: October 11, 2012, 12:40:47 am »

Hm, I can't find anything about linking suit feeds, might want an actual technician for that, Feyri.

Keep watch of the image on the TV.

((...

« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 12:43:07 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #8437 on: October 11, 2012, 01:18:04 am »

"Damn, my stuff's outside the lockdown zone!  Ok... this'll do, I guess."
Grab the sharpest knife I can find in the mess area and head back into the air vents.  Head in the direction that I saw movement.

"Hmm, wait... maybe I should make contingencies for if I die."
Quote from: Mesk Vraite | Message to: All
This is Mesk, I'm heading back into the air vents with a knife to investigate some movement.  I'll be sending you status updates via the wrist pads, if my messages cease, please retrieve my body and kill whatever put me down.

-M.V.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8438 on: October 11, 2012, 01:26:46 am »

Jim attempted to get Mesk's camera feed put on his HUD, just in case, while he waited for Milno to respond about opening the doors.

Quote from: Subject Nineteen Dash Three to Mesk Vraite
I'm attempting to patch your suit's camera feed into my systems, so I can monitor your progress. Just letting you know that you technically won't be alone in those tunnels.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8439 on: October 11, 2012, 01:53:40 am »

>Head over to the door to the research labs. Test its strength, evaluate the possibility of breaking it down.
Then move on to the next locked door and do the same. Keep an eye out for any suspicious stuff.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8440 on: October 11, 2012, 01:59:13 am »

Examine door to the armory. Figure out if there's any way to manually open it through clever manipulation of door technology. Failing that, try to remember or figure out how the door mechanism might work.
"Dang doors, why do they have to be locked all the time? It's almost infuriating how everything around here gets locked in case of an emergency. I mean, how are peace-loving, Steve-fearing men and women of the people supposed to get around in this substandard situation?"
Rant loudly to vent frustration at increasing lack of reasonable ways to convey myself anywhere meaningful.
((I wonder if the field manipulators are automated to a limited degree or Steve just runs them all on his own.
Also, one of my very favorite things about Einsteinian Roulette - the layers upon layers of fun lore.))
You begin yelling about how shitty doors are and how terrible  everything in he universe is when the door opens, seemingly of it's own accord.  YAY! The power of petulant whining!

Lars jumped backwards.  Okay, this isn't Steve, because Steve was just talking to him.  Why would he be looking at his dead self?

Steve must be testing him.  Logical.

Briefly freak out, then try to deduce the purpose of the illusion and test.
The world around you distorts violently, tearing itself apart and reforming moments later. You're standing, or more accurately floating, inside a great black expanse. The only light comes from in front of you, the powerful lantern of a man in a Second Expansion era suit, floating  through the dark. His lantern illuminates the world in front of him, as though calling forth substance from the void. Trapped in that light, like an insect in amber, is a degraded and badly damaged section of a space ship or space station; a slice out of what appears to be a sleeping quarters with old style zero-g beds.

"Hey Steve, any news on the lockdown? I'd check my pad, but I'm kinda tied up at the moment. And you stop giggling. Creeps me out. Less than me not knowing when I last took a breath but still. Stop it."

Try to breath. Any more pain incoming? If not, shout for the Doc.

"Hey Doc! I stopped breathing, is that normal?
You take a breath. It goes just fine. Huh. You take another and start to feel almost light headed. Odd. You're about to take a third when your shoulderblades decide the want to go for a walk and don't invite the rest of your body. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!
Watch what's on TV. Try and take in every detail. Keep an eye out for Floki, with standing reaction orders still in effect.

"Hey everyone, the picture on the telly's changed. We can see the guy from the side now. Wow, it's amazing. It's like he must have two friggen handy cams and a uni-grad cinematography student putting this stuff together. "

(( Urrrgggghhhh. So hungover, and planning my next one shortly. The next few turns might be a little incoherent, even more so than normal. I'll try and keep it short and to the point. ))
The camera man touches the body and it slumps over, revealing a strangely familiar looking mummified body. Huh. The signal goes into incoherent static for a long moment before it becomes the image of another spacesuited man floating through darkness comes into focus.
((@GM: Milno has all his armor all the time, and as soon as he leaves VR, he puts the helmet back on.))

Free at once...He stared at the mysterious frayed wire. It was not too hard to deduce what had just happened and what it had to do with his situation. He grinned before chuckling and finally roaring animalistically through the comms.
"rrrrrrRRAARRRRRRRRHHHHHHH!!!!!"

After touching the door, Milno confirmed: he was trapped. He suspected the damn wire would not leave him alone for much time, and he had to get his message across before it tried something once again, flaring his comms to the team whilst simultaneously typing into his wristpad, keeping an watchful eye at the wire and all the area around him, wary of further threats.
"Milno here. I'm in the airlock, and after I got inside, it trapped me in. There is a wire which came out from behind one of the ceiling's panels, got to my neck and started to screw with my mind. I was the man in the television, the guy in a heavy suit. I saw everything through his eyes until I snapped out of it, but I think these wires may not give up so easily. Stay together or these blastdoors may close down on you and try to mess with your brain as well."

Stay aware of any wires. Try to dodge their approach and burn them with the MkIII's rocket pods if they get too close. Check if there is a way of opening the airlock.
The air lock opens without resistance and allows you out into the hanger.
"Milnos right, one of the blighters just tryed to get me in the armoury, didn't put me down though, should i try and cut it down?"
Examine the door, watch my back.
The door opens before you have a chance to look at it. Huh, thats helpful. You promptly leap through the door while cursing the armory and all who worship it's false glory.
Quote from: Thomas Harrison to All
Evil electricity, maybe?
Think about the situation, stay away from the wires.
[int:6-1]
Hmm it seems to have some sort of control and connection to the ship, but is it inherently tied to the ship or is it just using it as a tool? Regardless, it's probably best to keep an eye on everything around you. If it's in the ship it might have control of everything from lights to oxygen. Hmmm. Thats a good point actually; assuming it has control of the oxygen, that could mean it could kill a lot of you all at once. Why isn't it doing so? What does it want?
Solve problem again. With logic!
[Int:Error: May trying to be logical. Negative modifier overflow]
"It was just a test. Calm down Faith"

Travis leads Buckler to the VR machines and examines them. Power source, memory storage, etc.
You can't see anything like that as the machines are: You can't see any power cables or anything; it must be coming up from beneath the machine.

Update.
Spoiler: What we know (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paracelsus' Sword: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Known inventories (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Feyri Nirel, broadcasting this to all
"Milno here. I'm in the airlock, and after I got inside, it trapped me inside. There is a wire which came out from behind one of the ceiling's panels and got to my neck and started to scew with my mind. I was the man in the television, the guy in a heavy suit. I saw everything through his eyes until I snapped out of it, but I think these wires may not give up so easily. Stay together or these blastdoors may close down on you and try to mess with your brain as well."

Well, now we know why Steve hit the main power on the Sword. Everyone, keep watch for electrical circuits and search for the fusebox, if the ship keeps any.

Hey now, here's an idea. Hows about we improvise into the VR machine. Hook up ourselves to the thing so we can fully interact [y'know, that reality needle and whatnot] to try to search for that anomaly there?

I have a Tesla Sabre by the way.

We've still lost Brother Lars' signal!

Now, everyone, bear with me. The anomaly is surely physical in nature, or Steve wouldn't have closed off our sector -- putting it with us, to fix or to die trying. Second, I believe it has some kind of medium for movement, not omnipresent, per se. Everything electrical doesn't work that is connected to the ship, except for the Tv which we're going to find out.

Well, let's see what my intuition could derive from everything on what we know.

Intuition, in giving a helpful clue on how the wires affected Milno's mind! He was armored, judging from what he said, and if something hit the spinal cord directly...How did it pass through metal?
[intuition:5+1]
Maybe it wasn't the wire that was causing the hallucination. Maybe the wire was some sort of opportunistic attack while he was incapacitated.
Hm, I can't find anything about linking suit feeds, might want an actual technician for that, Feyri.

Keep watch of the image on the TV.

((...

You see pretty much what Sambo sees.

"Damn, my stuff's outside the lockdown zone!  Ok... this'll do, I guess."
Grab the sharpest knife I can find in the mess area and head back into the air vents.  Head in the direction that I saw movement.

"Hmm, wait... maybe I should make contingencies for if I die."
Quote from: Mesk Vraite | Message to: All
This is Mesk, I'm heading back into the air vents with a knife to investigate some movement.  I'll be sending you status updates via the wrist pads, if my messages cease, please retrieve my body and kill whatever put me down.

-M.V.
You grab a knife from the slowly spreading cloud and head up into the vent. You don't see anything in there now and a cautious few feet of exploration doesn't reveal anything new. Hmm. You could keep going on your own...in this claustrophobic vent.
Jim attempted to get Mesk's camera feed put on his HUD, just in case, while he waited for Milno to respond about opening the doors.

Quote from: Subject Nineteen Dash Three to Mesk Vraite
I'm attempting to patch your suit's camera feed into my systems, so I can monitor your progress. Just letting you know that you technically won't be alone in those tunnels.
[aux:2]
You have no idea how to link his camera to your vision.
>Head over to the door to the research labs. Test its strength, evaluate the possibility of breaking it down.
Then move on to the next locked door and do the same. Keep an eye out for any suspicious stuff.
The "door" to the labs appears to be a solid armored shutter. You think that...perhaps you can't quite muster the strength to kick it down.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 02:06:27 am by piecewise »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8441 on: October 11, 2012, 02:02:14 am »

((D: Noes! My action got missed! ))

((Not that it was much of an action. All my ideas have failed.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8442 on: October 11, 2012, 02:06:00 am »

Huh. We've got a completely different feed now, same era, maybe an external view of our previous image?

Concentrate on the image. Ponder what it might mean.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8443 on: October 11, 2012, 02:07:36 am »

((D: Noes! My action got missed! ))

((Not that it was much of an action. All my ideas have failed.))
I actually missed the last 3 or so because I hit post rather then preview. Sorry about that, they're in there now.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8444 on: October 11, 2012, 02:07:59 am »

[Soooo I guess Ash is an unconscious heap somewhere]
[Location: Briefing room]
Wake up
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 02:13:25 am by Objective »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 561 562 [563] 564 565 ... 2101