_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5935191 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: LOCKDOWN
« Reply #8295 on: October 08, 2012, 06:27:39 pm »

"It's goddamn weird. Like an ancient shuttle. We can see the cockpit, and part of the astronaut."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8296 on: October 08, 2012, 06:36:30 pm »

((@sambojin: Are you actually hitting Floki with your kinetic amp on? Even a small poke with a kinetic amp may kill, you know. And if you happen to do it, Jim will kill you for the matter of enforcing order on the ship. Good luck with Jim, you'll need it. :D ))
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 06:38:01 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8297 on: October 08, 2012, 06:46:45 pm »

(( Tenderizer to the nuts? Light closed hand push to seperate them? Which is worse? I may not even hit him due to action order, but either way, gentle closed hand pushing is a hell of a lot less violent than mallet-to-the-groin. Order is restored. Sambo and Filko are now nowhere near each other regardless of what happens. I'm sure Jim will understand. ))
It's a game. Have fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8298 on: October 08, 2012, 07:10:40 pm »

((@sambojin: I was just asking if you'll hit him with the kinetic amp. A shove with your hand is one thing, a shove with your hand with a working kinetic amp is another. Just saying. :P))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8299 on: October 08, 2012, 07:18:53 pm »

No idea who you are, but if you're thinking you can use a kinetic amp as a safe accelerator in null gee, you're insane. Those things square the force applied, you'd end up going the speed you were aiming for... multiplied by itself.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8300 on: October 08, 2012, 07:25:24 pm »

(( @caellath. I didn't specify, and I don't really want to retcon my action for maximum pain and/or gore. I've got a working kinetic amp on one hand, a 5-pound sledgehammer held near the head in the other. It'll probably hurt quite a lot either way. Just to note, Sambo is wearing the K.amp on his right hand and is right-handed. He just got hit in the nuts with a mallet. As a knee-jerk reaction, which hand do you think he'll use? If it wasn't for incredibly tough nuts (or actually, a really weak Filko), Sambo would now be whimpering in the foetal position, crying about his testicles while floating in zero-G. I hope he does hit Filko with the K.amp personally. Laying down a line of available contact (no hugs), backed with a threat of action is very different from trying to smash someone's head through a fridge and then hitting them in the balls with a meat tenderizer. I think he deserves whatever he gets. Plus I'll have to try and fix a fridge and a dishwasher so they never have to be mentioned again if I make it to the end of the mission. ))
It's a game. Have fun.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8301 on: October 08, 2012, 08:33:44 pm »

Lars sees his wristpad flash, and replies.

They turned off the gravity and there is a image that appears to be a manifestation of Steve displaying on the TV, though it appears no one agrees with me.

I am always happy to lend an ear or helpful word of encouragement.

The blessings of Steve on you.

"It appears Maurice is with the Doctor, in combat with one of his fellow... proteges, whatever he means by that.  He seems to be fine otherwise."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8302 on: October 08, 2012, 08:38:15 pm »

Spoiler: What we know (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Known inventories (click to show/hide)

Glad to see you're still quite able, Feyri. Your stuff is in your locker, in case you didn't get my memo.

"I did- erm, Simus, was it? Thank you for returning them."

((piecewise, requesting inventory confirmation if what I've listed is correct.))

She grabbed onto the nearest entity that wasn't her teammates as the gravity shifted, gritting her teeth as the annoyance of the environment increased.

"Hello? Anyone else with suits, please re- ahh, forget it. I'll be using the wristpad."

Quote from: Transmission
Greetings everyone,

As you know, we're in deep trouble. If it's alright, I request everyone to work together for this, drop any existing feuds with whomever harmed you before, and calm down for our sakes. We're in this together, whether you like it or not, one for all and all for one. We've got a limited time span and whoever has any knowledge of anomalic properties, please do say.

Now we're cut off from the back of the Infirmary, the Armory, and the Lab. This includes the door from the briefing room to the rest of the ship -- we're stranded, in other words.

I believe we should keep in regular contact upon finds. Set your suits to auto-transmit what you're all seeing, if possible.

--Feyri Nirel

((@sambojin: Are you actually hitting Floki with your kinetic amp on? Even a small poke with a kinetic amp may kill, you know. And if you happen to do it, Jim will kill you for the matter of enforcing order on the ship. Good luck with Jim, you'll need it. :D ))
((I'm the next person in line, now that I'm back.  >:())

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8303 on: October 08, 2012, 09:01:53 pm »

((@Tiruin: wow. I won't bother to be specifically non-lethal next time. Gentle push in the shoulder (not on the side with his heart) gets squared into "pretty damn hard shove up a corridor".  Next time I'll post "Punch Filko in the head as hard as possible for attempting to kill me once, then attacking me again shortly afterwards."
Geez. I'll probably miss, or Piecewise will do something amusing with zero-G.

Actually, looking at that map, I hope we're in quick-time. Otherwise I doubt I can make it to the barracks and back the long way around. To tell you the truth, I don't even know where the suits are located. Lockers? In barracks?

Anyway, Sambo has been more than reasonable considering. His words might not account for that, but his actions and reactions to almost having a pulped skull and testicles made of paste show quite a bit of restraint for the good of the team.

I truly don't think I need to defend my actions. Filko on the other hand should have to. ))
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 09:10:01 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8304 on: October 08, 2012, 09:02:47 pm »

((Completely unrelated to what's going on, but I bet with a VR pack and the nerve interface thing, a full prosthetic can lose the "So you'll never feel the warmth in another person's touch ever again" part of their description... I bet Jim would be interested.

How many tokens do I have?))

Yeah, not a problem. Been recovering all right after having your head sewn back on and the electrical damage to the rest of you repaired?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8305 on: October 08, 2012, 09:43:27 pm »

((@GM: If I remember correctly, Renen and Maurice were in the back of the infirmary, so are we locked while chaos is taking place outside.))

We must see what will happen if any of us die. Steve, can the Doc or the Staff bring someone back to life on the ship while this is happening?

If Renen is not locked at the back of the infirmary, go to the Rec. Room, taking Maurice with.

Let's wait for the response. Meanwhile let me introduce myself properly. I'm Renen, a common citizen who was sent to the HMRC due to a small mistake. Who are you?
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8306 on: October 08, 2012, 10:35:25 pm »

(( Here's Sambo's character sheet, with cheat sheet at the bottom as well. Included visual description, stats and skills all filled out properly. If anyone wants to pastebin it for me, then thanks. My end seems to not want to text dump it (or I'm really dumb).

Sambo's Character Sheet.

Name: Sambo Jin
Sex: Male
Visual Character Description: Relatively stocky, slightly overweight build. About 5' 9" tall. Caucasian complexion. Brown hair, blue eyes, slightly pudgy face. Has slightly almond eyes from Asiatic ancestors several generations ago. Tends to think he should be described with references to "main battle cannon" and  "balls of steel". He is totally incorrect about this.

Quick bio: Sambo was a pretty normal army bloke. Trained hard, worked hard. No wars, enough pay. The best sort of army to be in. Then Sambo got bored. Then Sambo got drunk. Really, really drunk. Then he ran into some people. Then more people. Then through a wall. Then more people. Then the tank stopped. So he figured it was time to fire the cannon. The shell ran through 18 other walls at hyper-sonic speed, destroyed 4 ATM sites (auto-termination-machines, auxiliary-turret-Masons, a tall man, and something else), wiping out everything with its shockwave anywhere within 400 meters of the shell's path. Then it blew up.

14 hectares of fairly prime real-estate was now pretty sub-par. Rent's dropped. A lot.
Fortunately Sambo was one fucked up drunk commander of a heavy battle-tank. He only passed out. Now he's here aboard the Sword, another unwilling member of the HMRC. How did that happen? Over 1,200 casualties, with more dying due to burns and high radiation levels. It made the news. People weren't happy.

Stats:
Strength: 5 (+1/3)
Dexterity: 3
Endurance: 3
Charisma: 3
Intelligence: 3
Willpower: 3
"Just a normal bloke that's a bit stronger than he looks."

Skills:
Speech: 0 (-2)
Intuition: 1
Handiwork: 0 (-1)
Conventional weapons: 1 (+1)
Unconventional weapons: 1
Exotic Weapons 0 (-1)
Auxiliary: 1
Med-tech: 1

"A roustabout, handy, not stupid. Well, not entirely. Just human. Just. Fairly intuitive for a human. Even with a blowtorch for medical work. Humans know these things."

Profession: Grunt. +1 to Conventional Weapons, -1 to speech.
His last posting was as a "special negotiator" in the diplomatic corps of his home world. Mostly used for putting down dissidents and scaring the local population into submission. Handles almost all negotiations with a heavy battle-tank due to excessive use of "descriptive colloquialisms" in his normal personal speech during negotiation. Is surprisingly normal at radio communications though, due to his military training and respect for chain-of-command situations. Last major negotiation was conducted thusly:
"Fire now!"
Kaboom. !!!!!! ??
"Fire again!"
Kaboom-shanka!!!!!
"Well done crew."

Current inventory:
Kinetic Amplifier. was fully charged. May be used shortly. (50/50)
2.5kg sledgehammer.

Sambo's Cheat Sheet.
Str: +1/3
Con: +1, Exotic: -1, Handiwork: -1, Speech: -2
Kinetic Amp, Sledgehammer.
))

« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 10:01:52 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8307 on: October 08, 2012, 10:58:00 pm »

Floki scowled at the still-standing Sambo, then split his face in a grin. "Guess ya don't have much down there ta hurt, eh? I shou--" He trailed off swiftly as gravity suddenly turned itself off, sending him floating ceiling-wards in confusion.
"...The fuck? I've been here a few minutes an'... Ugh."
He shook his head and tried to grab for some protusion from the corridoor walls.

>Attempt to avoid kinetic push.

>Grab onto something to steady myself in the sudden zero-G. Possibly an air vent or similiar.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8308 on: October 08, 2012, 11:12:27 pm »

(@Sambo: Using a kinetic amp, no matter what exactly you're doing to the target with it, IS lethal. Just saying.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8309 on: October 08, 2012, 11:35:37 pm »

((Its like using a sledge hammer to drive in a finishing nail. I don't usually say this, but that's a bit overkill.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 2101