_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5930894 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Naked Pingpong
« Reply #8100 on: October 06, 2012, 03:16:34 pm »

((I thought he mentioned dropping it or similar. Oh well, simpler for everyone I suppose.))
((I did mention leaving it in the corner of the barracks. So no, Stacy doesn't have it right now.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8101 on: October 06, 2012, 03:18:58 pm »

((I thought he mentioned dropping it or similar. Oh well, simpler for everyone I suppose.))
((I did mention leaving it in the corner of the barracks.))
((The knife, not the painting.

Though speaking of which, I'm still curious just what the hell's going on here. Either that xeno spit is more powerful than we thought, or the crew's suffering hallucinatory foreshadowing to a new menace or something. Normally I'd just assume the former, but then we've got that statuette also.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8102 on: October 06, 2012, 03:21:27 pm »

Start up the sex simulator the AM provided in the VR system.
((I remember Elisaz asked for it, blushed and got "killed". I don't remember her actually implementing it.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8103 on: October 06, 2012, 03:25:27 pm »

((I'm still curious just what the hell's going on here. Either that xeno spit is more powerful than we thought,or the crew's suffering hallucinatory foreshadowing to a new menace or something. Normally I'd just assume the former, but then we've got that statuette also.))
((Well, there is the fact that Stacy took a highly effective hallucinogen, witnessed what is essentially Azathoth, memorized something that drives men insane perfectly, then reproduced said perfectly memorized madness-inducing horror on canvas with paints perfectly. Behold the power of the creative double-five! Although magic would also be an entirely credible explanation, yes.))

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8104 on: October 06, 2012, 03:33:14 pm »

(( Plus I think both Steve and Peicewise are worried that we might be bored on ship. Yeah, I know, never second guess the GM.
But a worried, bleeding or terrified crew is at least an interested crew, if not a happy one. ))
It's a game. Have fun.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8105 on: October 06, 2012, 03:33:36 pm »

"The very night, Jim."

She giggled as she noticed his nervousness, "And it's normal to be nervous. To tell you the truth, I am, especially when we...kissed, but I'm not showing it...much. It's normal as people get nervous in their first try. Don't you worry." Somehow, accepting that you were nervous helped calm your own feelings. She slowly opened her hand at Jim's touch.

"Just relax and calm down, I won't hurt you. But...could I ask you a favor? Please don't tell anyone else on the Ship about my past, or on anything else we said. I want them to still think I'm as random as hell, please?" She wondered if he was alright with her asking to keep this confidential, about her past, but decided to lay it off until later.

How did it feel to be Jim at this time?

"Right, right," Jim said, attempting to relax. "Don't worry. You can trust me. I won't even tell Milno about it." Milno had - to Jim's eyes, anyway - proven himself the most capable non-personnel person on the Sword so far. At the very least he had been on as many missions as Jim had, and he was still mostly in one piece... so that was as good a promise as Jim felt he could make. Finding that Feyri had opened her hand for him, he took it in his and laced his fingers through hers. This... nerve simulation program is quite good. Her hand is very warm and soft to the touch... He'd almost forgotten what either concept was, locked up as he was in a cold, hard, steel body.

"Let's walk for awhile. I want to look around some more," Jim said. He led her off toward the east.

Jim change the settings to spawn in random low hills and trees, as well as a tall plateau blocking off the southern side of the field. A waterfall comes off of the plateau, and from it a wide, shallow river divides the field in half.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8106 on: October 06, 2012, 03:35:30 pm »

"Uhhhhh. Steve? What are these? Alien bits? Former test subjects? Are they for the treatment?"

Ask about the bits of tissue.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8107 on: October 06, 2012, 03:37:11 pm »

A personal servant with unwavering loyalty. Not unlike when I used to play games....seems so long ago now.

"Alright, bot. I am Travis Stratnin, and I am your master. Your name shall be....Buckler. Unless told to "Stand Down" beforehand, you are to attack anyone that causes moderate to severe damage to me. Your default mode of operation is to follow and protect me"

With his new servant/body guard, Travis heads back to the Armory Master and poses a question.

"AM, how does the gunner bot imprint? Should I be worried about losing its loyalty if my form changes?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 04:03:04 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8108 on: October 06, 2012, 03:44:36 pm »

Maurice blinked at the Doctor, then realised he was still holding the Instrument. How come?.. Didn't I drop it?.. Dozens other questions sprang to his mind, as he started processing the situation.
Three heartbeats later he understood that, of all those questions, only two mattered: Before Mistress Medicine, is he an abomination, or a saint? And... should I be allowed to live?

...We'll see.

Stand up. Put my helmet on if I still have it.
A microwave field manipulator, if that is acceptable. Otherwise I have all I need.
(( Shit. Well... Anyone cares to bet? :P ))
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 03:46:08 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8109 on: October 06, 2012, 04:04:08 pm »

((All in on Doc.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8110 on: October 06, 2012, 04:08:50 pm »

(( As an aside, should we make a HMRC weapons test thread? Tinker toys are cool, and if a few more people start doing them, it might take up a fair bit of space. A new thread would stop this one getting clogged up with VR weapons testing. The whole roleplaying side of things, both real and VR would stay here, Tinker and testing could go in the other.
Although, Peicewise probably has enough to do in GMing two threads already. Plus, it might make it harder to switch from VRing in Tinker to mysteriously getting ganked aboard the ship while you were mucking around in the Rec room, not taking notice of anything.
Less clutter but more work? Or is it fine how it is (if a certain person would stop putting idle thoughts of weapon development into the On Ship thread?)
:P
))
It's a game. Have fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8111 on: October 06, 2012, 04:10:34 pm »

((All in on Doc.))
((It is Renen vs Maurice.))

Check if the Melee mode loses any armor at all and if it is possible to install the electricity system on it or if it would be too complex.

((@sambojin: I say we should just cut a little on the OOC and multi-posting.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8112 on: October 06, 2012, 04:44:05 pm »

((Drat. Nevermind then.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8113 on: October 06, 2012, 05:07:21 pm »

(( Actually, I support the creation of a dedicated Tinker thread. Tinker actions are usually more complex and often require more effort on GM's part, so it can be justified to process them a little less frequently ('tinkering takes time'), thus freeing our GM's time for other threads/non-ER activities.
It might get a bit tricky with switching between the threads, though. And, as IronyOwl has once pointed out,
((Needing three threads is probably the point where you're going to need a fourth and fifth eventually. Might as well just ask Toady for our own subforum at that point. o_O
Which we might or might not want to avoid. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8114 on: October 06, 2012, 05:20:43 pm »

(( Actually, I support the creation of a dedicated Tinker thread. Tinker actions are usually more complex and often require more effort on GM's part, so it can be justified to process them a little less frequently ('tinkering takes time'), thus freeing our GM's time for other threads/non-ER activities.
It might get a bit tricky with switching between the threads, though. And, as IronyOwl has once pointed out,
((Needing three threads is probably the point where you're going to need a fourth and fifth eventually. Might as well just ask Toady for our own subforum at that point. o_O
Which we might or might not want to avoid. ))

(( I'd be happy enough to moderate it. 3 reserved posts at top, one for basic description and rules and the fact that the VR glitches a lot in unknown weapons testing (in case retcons are needed). One for developed weapons and mods, etc. One for weapons in development, as well as disasterous (read: hillarious) failures.

A basic "Link to post" to, well, link to posts on the On Ship thread if someone gets taken out of VR and back into "real life" suddenly.

I can do all that easily. If Piecewise needs any other input, I'd be happy to do that as well. But it's his universe, I don't want to muck it up unexpectedly.

No real stats or costs in the weapon testing thread, just descriptive effects. No weapon survives it's first firing in it's original conceptual form. Real life is the only thing that points out the flaws.

It'd be a good place to put our musings on explodey stuff anyway. Steve would always have every say in all matters. Players can keep their weapons private as well (not added to created list, or known about by other PCs).

Anyway, I'll do the basic light lifting for the thread, and will do any heavy lifting if required (and if Piecewise says it's ok). On my computer too, not on this damn phone. I'm going to need a spell-check.
))
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 05:23:30 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 2101