_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 536 537 [538] 539 540 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933568 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Naked Pingpong
« Reply #8055 on: October 05, 2012, 05:21:58 pm »

"We took that X. Want to have a VR threesome?"
"Eh... What? With who?"

"Whoever you want. Faith, Feyri, the AM..."
"May, well uh... I, uh... Umm..."
Thomas blushes and goes silent, finding the TV suddenly more interesting than before. He suddenly jerks his head up.
"H-Hey, Steve! What'd we do while we were high?"
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 07:54:01 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8056 on: October 05, 2012, 06:17:56 pm »

Ask Steve about the Statuette.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8057 on: October 05, 2012, 07:27:20 pm »

"Until the HMRC, and not counting movies, I'd only ever been in maybe five rooms. The sleeping quarters, the mess hall, the washrooms, the simulation room, and the common area. It wasn't much different from life aboard the Sword, actually."

"Oh, hmm. Then you've only seen most things by simulation? Steve! Is it possible to create a realistic experience in the VR? Meaning including the surrounding landscape as well as fully sync'ing up our bodies in reality to it?"

Ask Steve the above.

While waiting for Steve's reply, she hugged Jim just because.

"The real world isn't all fights and death. There are other beautiful things out there that we've never even seen before. Sure, there is mostly everything else in space wanting to kill you, but if you ask me what I've found, I'd be alright with that."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8058 on: October 05, 2012, 07:32:03 pm »

Pokemon.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8059 on: October 05, 2012, 07:53:04 pm »

Record and save all results of "Kinetic Lockpick mark 1" test for future viewing to see where improvements can be made.

Ask VR computer approximate price for parts.

((Sambo hasn't been introduced all that well to Steve yet. Depending on how the test goes, I'd say that ingame this thing would have a smallish strength requirement, a lowered battery ammount (10 shots? 20?) compared to a normal K.amp due to increased force being amplified and the possibility of tiring someone out pretty quickly if they were using it for fighting.
I was a brickie's labourer and renovator at one point for a while. Sledgehammers are great for walls, but hard to hit people with. -1 on melee unless at +1 (15+) for strength? Something like that. Either fatigue or combat negatives, just very powerful. I'll let Peicewise decide whatever he wants. As always :)  ))
It's a game. Have fun.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8060 on: October 05, 2012, 10:38:43 pm »

((I thought my laser rifle got shredded with Charro?))

Snap out of it.

It's on my sheet so...guess you have one one way or another.

You shake your head and put the gun down on the bed. That was odd; what just happened and how did you get here?
Enter Tinker, spawn a datapad and a VR machine with Tinker loaded in it.

Find some way to get the machine to broadcast and link it to the datapad.

You attempt to load a Vr machine in a VR machine simulation. The machine pops up with a "104 Meta error"
Good. A perfect body guard.

Travis exits VR and approaches the Armory Master.

"One Gunner Bot please"
The armory master nods and takes your tokens before disappearing and then coming out of a door next to the kiosk with a large box on a hover trolley. She slides the box off onto the floor and heads back into the kiosk. Once she's returned to her normal seat she picks up her book and gestures vaguely in your direction.

"When you activate it it's gonna ask for an imprint. Make sure to be the first one it sees and samples."
Look around for a good sniping perch.
Any of these black stone pillars look fairly good as a sniping perch.
"Hrmm. Wonder what he'll do if I cloak. And what the hell is in those jars."

Examine jars, then find a good hiding place and place the cloak there as if I were hiding behind it. Then find another place to hide, and hide there. Time how long it takes for him to find me.

((@Tiruin: Probably not. If he does, it's hanging on by a shred of skin. Also bets on how long it'll take him to find me?))
((Missed me.))
(Just a normal cloak right? )
You hide your clothes over in one corner and then yourself in another, keeping track of time with your wristpad.
I hope that was a scream of amusement. Scientific discovery kind, I suppose. Or joy, for what it's worth.
Stay positive. Try to make a mental map of the place. Don't resist.
[int:6]
You're pretty damn sure you have this all memorized...at least, you're pretty sure.
((Apparently, Maurice is the sacrificial lamb.))

Check how much would it cost to create kits to switch out between the models, or at least between similar ones.

Check if Battlesuits are launched with grav-chutes, and if not, examine the possibility of being launched into the landing zone inside of a battlesuit instead of as part of a drop pod, using the same grav-chute system as the Avatar of War adapted to the smaller suit. Check if a battlesuit can handle the heat, pressure and the troubles of being launched from the Sword towards the target.

Switching between models, at least their exact specifications, would be prohibitively expensive and difficult requiring great deals of tearing down and rebuilding because a lot of the basic components are different. However you could do things like strip off lays of armor to lighten the suit or switch out types of rocket pods.

As per those grav-chutes, those are all over. When the shuttles were taken down on the dam mission and the individuals detached, they were under the influence of the grav-chutes. Remember when those guys on the dam itself, they fell from the sky and landed on the dam? Yeah, they would be screwed without the chutes. So during a hot drop you'll have a grav-chute regardless. However, you'd have to ride the shuttle to a point before dropping. And once you drop you won't even have the precaution of the shuttles evasive manuvers.
Try to say something. Try to get up and leave as well.
Oh, I do hope nobody else looked at my painting. If it's awful enough to make people want to kill me, I might be in some serious trouble if I leave it where it is.
If I can leave the infirmary under my own power, quickly get to the rec room and take the painting (don't look at it, just in case). Move it to a quiet, uninhabited spot in the barracks.
You seem to be able to speak, though your throat hurts like nuts. You leave the infirmary and head back to the mess room. You close your eyes as you pick up the picture and turn it so that it's held against your chest. You head to a corner in the barracks, where you can be alone, facing the wall.
Place kinetic amp along handle of hammer, add some structural reinforcement and a cover so no circuitry is exposed, with working impact area on one side of hammer head. Ensure handle is rubberised. Attach a loop with a hand strap to bottom of handle, modify handle length to be 1.3 metres long (if it wasn't already). Install on/off switch to kinetic lockpick so that it may be switched on and off as desired.

Summon a four foot thick, concrete (or duracrete or current modern equivilent building material) wall with two doors in it, one a 12 inch thick locked metal bulkhead, one a reinforced civilian style door. Summon 3 simulcrums of that guy who tried to hug me, one in a mark 1 suit, one in a mark 3 suit, one in an avatar of war. Summon simulcrum of the robot that took Maurice and his victim away. Have them set to passive, standing in front of section of wall on right side of doors.

Switch kinetic lockpick on.

Take a swing at each door in turn, with kinetic amp side of hammer, then at two sections of wall, several meters further down to the left. Observe effects.

Take a swing at each simulcrum in turn with amp side of hammer, all in chest area, except the avatar of war, which will be hit in the right knee. Attempt to knock them through wall. Observe effects.

"Let's see what that basic version can do. It's hammer-time!"

Edit: just making sure I'm specific enough to hopefully be understood. As well as typos. I had to insert some typos.
Lets see.
2 foot deep craters in the walls
Civilian door is confetti
foot thick metal bulkhead dents but remains fairly intact
Mk I and MK III are reduced to blood and shrapnel
The avatar of war stumbles a bit but doesn't seem overtly bothered.
Examine the area. Examine the people in the area. Recall memories of what happened.
You look around. Looks like the same faces, same pools of blood, same people plugged into the VR's. As per memories...you remember boning may and a lot of nonsense, but it's all a blur. Fairly good day, all things considered.
((Oh man, Faith should totally look at that painting to cancel out the HALLELUJAH. That's how omnicidal mind-blanking psychoses work, right? Pile on enough of them and then you're perfectly sane? :P

...though the painting is right there, not sure I can justify not looking at it.

Welp. >_>))

Faith bit her lip as the robot man hauled everyone away. Well... hopefully that was all okay...

"...Steve, do you know what that was about?"

Ask Steve. Try to figure out where Maurice got that knife from.
(That's maurice's scalpel knife. You should be familiar with it, he was waving it around enough in the last mission.)
>I believe Maurice may be a very angry art critic.

"We took that X. Want to have a VR threesome?"
"Eh... What? With who?"

"Whoever you want. Faith, Feyri, the AM..."
"May, well uh... I, uh... Umm..."
Thomas blushes and goes silent, finding the TV suddenly more interesting than before. He suddenly jerks his head up.
"H-Hey, Steve! What'd we do while we were high?"

>Your nudity should be a clue.

Ask Steve about the Statuette.

>What statuette?

You look up at the ceiling before looking back down.
"This one..."
The statuette is gone.
"Until the HMRC, and not counting movies, I'd only ever been in maybe five rooms. The sleeping quarters, the mess hall, the washrooms, the simulation room, and the common area. It wasn't much different from life aboard the Sword, actually."

"Oh, hmm. Then you've only seen most things by simulation? Steve! Is it possible to create a realistic experience in the VR? Meaning including the surrounding landscape as well as fully sync'ing up our bodies in reality to it?"

Ask Steve the above.

While waiting for Steve's reply, she hugged Jim just because.

"The real world isn't all fights and death. There are other beautiful things out there that we've never even seen before. Sure, there is mostly everything else in space wanting to kill you, but if you ask me what I've found, I'd be alright with that."

>Sure. There's a nerve stimulation system built into the VR. Just activate it using the button marked NS. It's on the side of the console. Then Just lay back in the chair. It should allow you to feel anything your VR avatar is feeling.

Pokemon.
Thats...what?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8061 on: October 05, 2012, 10:45:34 pm »

Exit Tinker.

Looks like there may be no way to do this without possible destructive consequences...

Go over the VR machine in every way possible for any kind of wireless link. Failing that, load back in and attempt to see if a copy of the program, slightly modified to work without the virtual avatar, can be loaded into a datapad.

Failing that, pull up a MkI suit and see if it can be modified to work like a VR machine, using the helmet's visor screens. Add modifications as needed.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8062 on: October 05, 2012, 10:48:57 pm »

((@GM: I was considering something more like that:))

Check if the battlesuit is deployed in an indivudal grav chute. Also check how much it would cost to adapt its propulsion systems to a battlesuit or how much one-use rockets to dampen the impact could cost.

((My intention is checking if a BS can be deployed on its on, possibly as a smaller/less interesting target than a drop pod full of people. That and the possibility of using the BS as a projectile after slowing it down to "only" ramming speed upon descent.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8063 on: October 05, 2012, 10:52:17 pm »

Jim went ahead and pressed that button, curious as to whether it would work as he didn't have a body; he was just directly connected into VR.

Inside the VR, he raised an eyebrow, but went ahead and returned the hug. "And... what have you found?" he asked, curious.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8064 on: October 05, 2012, 11:05:00 pm »

"Ugh Cog you idiot. Don't mess with the person about to perform surgery on you."

Abort science! Come out of hiding, and put clothes back on. Examine things in jars.

((Whoops. Though I has put invisibility cloak, or something like that. Well never mind then.))

The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8065 on: October 05, 2012, 11:21:37 pm »

"Hmmm..... That needs more power. Lots more."

Summon small bottle of liquid nitrogen (slightly smaller than the hammer's head, think 250ml "V" can, one of the mini ones), attach a small cold tolerant pump and a small heating chamber with rocket nozzle to bottle. Implant bottle and liquid->gas heating attachment and nozzle in hammer's head, nozzle pointing out the opposite facing side from amp. Create a trigger setup on handle to release a short burst of cool but high velocity nitrogen when wanted. Trigger also attached to on/off switch, in that it won't trigger when amp is off. Nitrogen gas burst is aproximately 15ml of liquid nitrogen heated to room temperature within 0.33 seconds and released out the rocket nozzle.

"Well, I can't use the normal hammer side any more, but oh well, shit happens. The business side has more dakka."

Record and save coming test for future review. Take two more test swings at wall, near previous craters. Press gas release trigger as hammer is being swung to increase velocity of impact. Compare damage to previous two craters. Are they bigger? Summon fresh bulkhead in same position as last one. Hit bulkhead with mark 2 Kinetic Lockpick.

Attempt to find out price of parts for the Mark 1 and Mark 2 Kinetic Lockpicks. Or at least the price difference between the two (parts for nitrogen rocket nozzle insert). Save project as Mark 2 Kinetic Lockpick

"I wonder if this will even be worth it. The first lockpick pretty much did it's job. But heh, rocket assisted lockpick. Fuck yeah!"

Edit: forgot the pump bit. And that it's a lockpick, not a hammer.

Bigger edit: giving an idea of how much nitrogen I want to use per swing, and how long the burst is for. Short time, fairly high impulse gain, about 1/4 of the way through the swing of the lockpick.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 12:31:40 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8066 on: October 05, 2012, 11:23:54 pm »

((I love how you call it a lockpick.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8067 on: October 05, 2012, 11:31:05 pm »

All right. I will wait for him.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8068 on: October 05, 2012, 11:32:49 pm »

((I love how you call it a lockpick.))

(( I can't wait for that first one rolled. VR stops bad things happening, but also it stops the really, tragically good ones. I guess it could be a weapon, but it's also a lockpick (like the laser, the normal kinetic amp, and pretty much every other damn thing in the HMRC arsenel). So who knows what it really does?
So I added more velocity to it. That's sensible. There might not be any doors to pick, so we might need to go through a 4-foot thick wall. I wonder how a mark 3 suit wearer, flying at 120km/hr swinging one of these would do? ))
It's a game. Have fun.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8069 on: October 05, 2012, 11:40:06 pm »

Thomas glances down at himself, and the color drains from his face.He slowly cranes his head back up to look at the ceiling.
"Steve? If they're not on me, where are my clothes?"
Pages: 1 ... 536 537 [538] 539 540 ... 2101