_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933380 times)

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Naked Pingpong
« Reply #8025 on: October 05, 2012, 10:15:26 am »

How? And, just for curiosity, you will teach me just how to wield swords or how to use all types of weaponry?
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8026 on: October 05, 2012, 10:18:56 am »

((Left arm - In a cast.
Right arm - Near the shock region.

Go SC!  :D You remembered!))

He reached over and touched her right shoulder. "...Does it still hurt?"

"Ah-how! That- tickles... don't touch me there again, please." she said, smiling, "It doesn't hurt at all anymore, silly... But now that you mention it, I remember Faith and one of the newer recruits tending to me, the latter doing a great job of trying to...well, all I heard was his voice before blacking out. Regardless, I bet he was as competent as Faith."

She lifted her left arm with her right hand, playfully slapping Jim in a movement that rested it on his shoulder like a flopping motion. "Nope, this doesn't hurt either. Looks like the VR syncs up what we feel here to reality if we will it to. Pretty useful tech. Like a lucid dream, but we're both in a dream together.

"How do you feel about earlier, anyway? I don't suppose all you did was train under the eyes of your overseers, right?"

You're talking about the k-
Yes.
Tell him!
He'll get it soon enough.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8027 on: October 05, 2012, 10:26:06 am »

Thomas glances around worried, but his eyes are still slightly hazy from the after-effects of the drugs. He looks down at his hands, and finds no vorpal blade there. He looks at his feet, abut the boots of the 7 Suns are gone. He glances over at May, and speaks with a note of apprehension.
"What'd we do? What happened?"

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8028 on: October 05, 2012, 10:34:58 am »

"Hrmm. Wonder what he'll do if I cloak. And what the hell is in those jars."

Examine jars, then find a good hiding place and place the cloak there as if I were hiding behind it. Then find another place to hide, and hide there. Time how long it takes for him to find me.

((@Tiruin: Probably not. If he does, it's hanging on by a shred of skin. Also bets on how long it'll take him to find me?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8029 on: October 05, 2012, 10:40:52 am »

((@Tiruin: Probably not. If he does, it's hanging on by a shred of skin. Also bets on how long it'll take him to find me?))
((What are you talking about?  :P))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8030 on: October 05, 2012, 10:47:58 am »

((The neck slicing.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8031 on: October 05, 2012, 11:21:40 am »

Milno examines the suit with a bit of curiosity, a plan forming in his mind.

Check what the Overdrive mode does (the AM didn't mention that one) and what a "Heavy Blade" is, as well as checking what the Mobility mode is missing in comparison to the Standard - just some armor?

((@GM: Is this correct?))
Quote from: Standard Battlesuit
Overdrive
Electrical defense system
Claymore defense system
Fist kinetic amps - deactivated
Ejection seat
Possibility of attaching rocket pods
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8032 on: October 05, 2012, 12:01:25 pm »

Huh. No clearance.....this must be the real doc then. But why didn't he give me compound eyes, or something similarly sick. The man is more complicated than I thought.

I need a body guard.

Travis simulates a gunner bot and does a variety of tests. How long does its battery last? Can its ammo be easily refilled? What weapon specifically was the gunner bot wielding? How does it identify what is hostile and what is not? Does it have a sense of ownership (takes only my orders). How much punishment can it take? Can the battery be recharged? Does it respond to voice commands?
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8033 on: October 05, 2012, 12:09:59 pm »

Jim thought about it. "Most of the time. Like I said, some days we were allowed to take the day off and entertain ourselves with books. On a few rare occasions we got to watch old horror movies. Really old stuff, black and white footage. There were fights - real fights, not combat exercises - every once in awhile. Honestly, most of them were me and Twenty Five. We just... didn't get along. The overseers wouldn't intervene until it looked like one of us was going to die; they said it was good practice for the real world."

He shrugged. "Until the HMRC, and not counting movies, I'd only ever been in maybe five rooms. The sleeping quarters, the mess hall, the washrooms, the simulation room, and the common area. It wasn't much different from life aboard the Sword, actually." He hoped that would answer her question. I wonder how good that doctor actually is if he's only almost as competent as the Worst Medic.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8034 on: October 05, 2012, 12:40:30 pm »

Exit VR and deposit Feyri's stuff that I still have back into her locker, if it's unlocked, just outside if it is.

Send a message to Feyri:

Your stuff has been delivered to your locker in the barracks. Once again, you're welcome for pulling your body out after one of the medics got a bit proactive about saving your brain... and only your brain.

-Simulacrus Ferratum-Inanis

Acquire a datapad from the Armory Master and attempt to link it wirelessly to the Tinker program.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 12:47:51 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8035 on: October 05, 2012, 01:53:16 pm »

(( Hey! Not just the brain, the whole head! You know, including her face and hair and all. :P
Guess I'm going to have an explanation fest at this rate if I ever get out of the inner infirmary, with all the blood-thirst, incompetence and indifference to patients assumptions running around.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8036 on: October 05, 2012, 03:08:08 pm »

"Well, that was pretty weird. What happened to that guy? I can guess that someone cut his throat or something, but who and why? I was only in VR for a bit, the next thing there's some bloke bleeding out and a robot and stuff.
Does this stuff happen much?"

Ask these questions to anyone else in the rec room that isn't VRing. Wait for answer. After receiving answer, walk back over to VR machine. Load up previous weapon layout. Worry about own throat a bit.
Make file: Project #1
Summon Mark I suit. See how difficult it would be to put some reinforcement around the bottom of helmet/upper chest area. Armoured reinforcement, but fairly light. A moly-titanium alloy perhaps. Not too bulky or covering, just neck armour, similar to a medieval gorget. Test for difficulty of armouring throat area. Save project. Remove Mark 1 suit from area.

Make project #2. Pick up kinetic amp glove. Look at working parts (actual amplifier, not glove peices). Summon reinforced sledgehammer with a 2.5 kilogram metal head. See if kinetic amp working bits could be attatched to sledgehammer. Actual impact area on one side of hammer's head.  Request if there are any designs similar to this that have been (or are being) worked on.

((is this too much for one turn in VR? Basic idea for armoured throat is a laser can cut it, a guy with a knife can't. "Lockpick" still being worked on. Still, 3000 newtons of force is pretty easy from a sledgehammer. It might also be useful for other stuff than opening doors. A bit slow without an exo-skeleton, but at least it's easier to pass to a team-mate than a glove on your suit would be.))

Project 1 is fine, only left a bit vague because the armoring metal isn't defined in it's protective capacity and hence price. As it is I'm assuming something that could deflect a indirect gauss round hit for a price of about 2 token.

Project 2 also works fine if only that I'm not sure what you mean by "reinforced hammer" I can only assume a metal handle. As per similar projects there aren't any I remember (besides that drill which was abandoned) but the melee weapon of the Arbiters of peace is similar in design.
((Well, at least I didn't get looted. And nobody got hurt except Stacy! A win for everyone, it seems. Wonder what will become of the painting. Seems like it's fate for my characters to become involved with deadly eldritch artifacts.))

((On another note, will Stacy just wake up on his own in time?))
You wake up in the infirmary, neck bandaged, and throat sore. Art critics sure are harsh around here.
As he saw nurses swarming over Stacy, Maurice exhaled with relief and spoke to no one in particular: I would like to submit myself for mental state examination and, possibly, incarceration as I - oh, that's swift, thanks. - He ceased talking as Lukas took him into the inner, previously restricted areas of the med bay. Just as expected of Steve and/or the person appointed the head of this place.
Observe the surroundings. Don't resist.
The surroundings are rather plain: rows of doors in rows of halls, all white and unassuming with a vague feeling of unease and the slightest hint of antiseptic smells. You could swear that you hear screaming somewhere far away.
This game is kinda boring. No rules means no cheating to be mad about and no cheaters to declare evil and jeer at and May is being annoying again and what the **** did just happen?!...

Gorat jumps up and stares at the scene that had unfolded. Had Maurice really just cut someone else's neck? He had something in mind that he heard about some picture....

"Well, that was pretty weird. What happened to that guy? I can guess that someone cut his throat or something, but who and why? I was only in VR for a bit, the next thing there's some bloke bleeding out and a robot and stuff.
Does this stuff happen much?"
"Well, I don't know the guy who was attacked, but the attacker was a medic on the last mission. Big knife, had cut off some of my fingers, but otherwise didn't seem to type to do that ****. Why, I have no idea. There was something about a picture, but, well. Bouts of insanity, these seem quite common, just look at those drugged guys. Murder like that... I heard about a fight to the death before we left for the last mission. Wouldn't hold my breath that it's rare, though..."

Casually glance at the picture in question from where I stand.
You look at the picture. Huh, thats sort of...
[will:5+1]
The muscles in your jaw tighten to the point that you're almost certain you're going to break a tooth. You swallow slowly, turn on your heel and walk out of the room, all the way to the barracks, and sit on your bed. You pull out your laser rifle and lay it on your lap, running one hand over it longingly.

"It would be easy." You mutter, "It would be so easy. And then this would be over. It would all finally be over."
Go to VR. Poacher, hunter, urban, equipped with laser rifle with 1 extra FC and X10 scope.
Done and done.

The screen fades and reconstitutes in a barren and icy waste, windwhipped glacial ice and towering pillars of black stone, remnants of some time before, when this endless blue expanse was an ocean. You're seated next to a "Fire in a can" artificial campfire, a blaze of chemical heat and light that does little to cut the cold, even through your antarctic gear. You blow in your hands until you get some feeling back and activate your wristpad file with the information on your target. An image of a heavily bearded man appears, flanked by his physical proportions and statistics. 8 foot tall, 600 pounds of muscle, a rare creature these days, a "Ploughboy", unaging remnant of the world's doomed attempts at agriculture. He's been harassing traders moving through the wastes and the locals would like to see him removed, one way or another.

How? And, just for curiosity, you will teach me just how to wield swords or how to use all types of weaponry?
"The principles of the use of all weapons if nothing else. As per how, give my assist a moment, he's a bit slow." He turns and walks to a locker across the room mumbling about "Giving him tank treads".
Milno examines the suit with a bit of curiosity, a plan forming in his mind.

Check what the Overdrive mode does (the AM didn't mention that one) and what a "Heavy Blade" is, as well as checking what the Mobility mode is missing in comparison to the Standard - just some armor?

((@GM: Is this correct?))
Quote from: Standard Battlesuit
Overdrive
Electrical defense system
Claymore defense system
Fist kinetic amps - deactivated
Ejection seat
Possibility of attaching rocket pods
The overdrive mode is a very energy intensive, probably component damaging mode which pushes the limits of the suit. It is, in essence, exactly what you think it is, no doubt.

As per the mobility version, it loses armor and physical strength as well as a great deal of weight in order to move much quicker.

The "Heavy blade" is apparently a sword, around 6 foot long, better described as a sharpened I-beam; a massive blade whose shear weigh, when wielded by the mechanical strength of the suit, can cleave and crush nearly anything, even other suits.
Huh. No clearance.....this must be the real doc then. But why didn't he give me compound eyes, or something similarly sick. The man is more complicated than I thought.

I need a body guard.

Travis simulates a gunner bot and does a variety of tests. How long does its battery last? Can its ammo be easily refilled? What weapon specifically was the gunner bot wielding? How does it identify what is hostile and what is not? Does it have a sense of ownership (takes only my orders). How much punishment can it take? Can the battery be recharged? Does it respond to voice commands?
Lets see here.
It has an internal generator.
Ammo can be easily refilled.
It comes with a modified gauss rifle, however it's easily switched out.
It identifies hostiles as things that are attempting to kill it's master or that it's master tells it to attack.
It has an unwavering loyalty to the person it has as it's master.
How much punishment it can take depends on where it takes it and what kind it is. It can take more then you can though.
See earlier answer.
Yes.

Exit VR and deposit Feyri's stuff that I still have back into her locker, if it's unlocked, just outside if it is.

Send a message to Feyri:

Your stuff has been delivered to your locker in the barracks. Once again, you're welcome for pulling your body out after one of the medics got a bit proactive about saving your brain... and only your brain.

-Simulacrus Ferratum-Inanis

Acquire a datapad from the Armory Master and attempt to link it wirelessly to the Tinker program.
You store feyri's stuff and then get a datapad. You attempt to get it to hook up to the Tinker program but it appears that the tinker program and the VR in general isn't broadcasting wirelessly.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #8037 on: October 05, 2012, 03:15:00 pm »

((I thought my laser rifle got shredded with Charro?))

Snap out of it.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8038 on: October 05, 2012, 03:17:27 pm »

Enter Tinker, spawn a datapad and a VR machine with Tinker loaded in it.

Find some way to get the machine to broadcast and link it to the datapad.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8039 on: October 05, 2012, 03:27:03 pm »

Good. A perfect body guard.

Travis exits VR and approaches the Armory Master.

"One Gunner Bot please"
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 2101