_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5934364 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Naked Pingpong
« Reply #7860 on: October 01, 2012, 06:41:56 pm »

DEFEAT LICH KING.
"He'll catch up later. For now, I just need to save the princess!"
((I like the reference, piecewise.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7861 on: October 01, 2012, 06:56:34 pm »

"Ooh. Air pipe. Oh dear, zappy zappy. Better not fuck with that. Yet."

Exit the vents in the Medbay. Search for the Doc.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 02:14:48 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7862 on: October 01, 2012, 09:04:34 pm »

Milno stared at the armory master thoughtfully. He still wondered what the hell made people like her stay. From what he had gathered from the Doctor, he apparently wanted test subjects, but her case...

"I suppose the battlesuit also has secrets like the MkIII, and knowing about them will affect how I'll make my purchase. Do you have any tips on them? I don't want to spend twenty tokens only to discover the variant I bought lost some of the standard version's perks."

Ask.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 01:01:05 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7863 on: October 01, 2012, 11:16:40 pm »

Uh, yes, just wanted you to know that I love you, Stareater. Cheerio!
Leave the dark area. Try to snap out of hallucination.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 11:18:53 pm by Harry Baldman »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7864 on: October 01, 2012, 11:18:34 pm »

"Trust in Steve!  He will lead you to glory and redemption!"

Continue to preach.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7865 on: October 02, 2012, 12:59:56 am »

Floki stared at the robed lunatic for a moment, one eyebrow just about meeting his hairline.
After a moment he glanced over to the other guy standing by watching, nodded to him and asked: "Hey, so, new here. When does the, uh... Requisitioning start?"
>Stand around. Attempt to learn about what the heck goes on around here.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #7866 on: October 02, 2012, 02:27:13 am »

Perform a robot dance for the AM.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7867 on: October 02, 2012, 02:34:20 am »

Pick up head, try to find Thomas.
You scoop up your head and go running in search of Thomas, navigating a Nightmare maze of living flesh and screaming monstrosities till you find him, a glowing avatar of comfort and cuddling in a harsh, stabby world.
((Thanks, exactly what I wanted to know. ))
Hmmm... It is amazing. So much knowledge, just at your fingertips... though it's harder than I imagined it from Simulacrus's comments. Oh well, time will tell whether I can or cannot succeed.
Exit the VR. Listen to Brother Lars's sermon unless it's already over - in that case just go to the cafeteria.
You sit on the ground near Lars and listen as he preaches.
Respawn.
"I don't regenerate in VR?"
Chop off a finger to make sure.
You do regenerate but if you sit there and keep getting fried by high electricity you're gonna dissolve yourself while the little robo-worms try to fix a continuously worsening bit of tissue damage.

Faith grimaced. Entirely new meat?

"Wow. Uh. I hate to be morose, but... would you accept wagers that at least half the squad will suffer crippling injuries or worse?"

She began poking at the gym equipment while talking. She really needed to do something physical outside missions; all that sitting in VR couldn't be very healthy.

Ask Steve, look for exercises that increase Dex.

>Sure. How much you want on that particular pony?

It looks like the speed bag might make you a bit more dextrous.
((What are the pros/cons of analog vs digital? Special features sound out of my current price range, maybe later. Magnification, hmm, lets try between X6 and X12.))

((Does taking a turn to aim and line up a shot confer any bonus?))
Well, analog ones are just done using physical lenses so you can't, say, feed the images from the scope into your faceplate or anything else you can do with a digital thing. However they're never gonna be effected by EMP or other weird electronic fucking anomalies. And yeah, 6 and 12X is available. As per that last part, read down a bit.)
DEFEAT LICH KING.

You save the princess, who looks a lot like May, from the Lich using the power of liking someone a lot.

[color=00cc00]"Ooh. Air pipe. Oh dear, zappy zappy. Better not fuck with that. Yet."[/color]

You jump out of the vent into the infirmary, but find the doctor still missing and the doors to the back still locked.
Milno stared at the armory master thoughtfully. He still wondered what the hell made people like her stay. From what he had gathered from the Doctor, he apparently wanted test subjects, but her case...

"I suppose the battlesuit also has secrets like the MkIII, and knowing about them will affect how I'll make my purchase. Do you have any tips on them? I don't want to spend twenty tokens only to discover the variant I bought lost some of the standard version's perks."

Ask.
"Well, standard battlesuit has lots of systems, not all of them obvious. There's the kinetic amps in the hands that need to be activated, The anti-personal Claymore type explosives all over the body, the electrified surface, the ejection seat. I'm not familiar with the changes between all the models but if you open a command prompt in the machine and then enter this..." She scribbles something on a slip of paper, "It will list the systems. So that should let you scan through the systems of everything you sim in the VR."
[will:3-1]
It's countless mouths swallow suns and tear the universe asunder, distortion and chaos, a blooming tide of universal rot flowing behind. It's flesh gives birth to an endless multitude of twisted beings; beings which claw the sky with idiot rage and unguided hunger.

Continue to preach.
[speech:3]
"uhhh...also it's ok to murder and molest and stuff.I guess. "
Floki stared at the robed lunatic for a moment, one eyebrow just about meeting his hairline.
After a moment he glanced over to the other guy standing by watching, nodded to him and asked: "Hey, so, new here. When does the, uh... Requisitioning start?"
You attempt to absorb exactly what this organization is about simply by watching the actions of the people around you.

It appears to involve gratuitous amounts of violence and nudity with a sprinkling of extreme nerdiness and materials engineering.

[dex:6-2]
You dance surprisingly well for a giant robot.

Ok people, I've thought about it a bit, about how to get you some benefits without needing a decomp'r. So now we're gonna go with a more...organic approach to some things. Specifically, what gives you bonuses and how those bonuses work will basically be very much related to how they would realistically. For instance:

Lets say that Faith wants a +1 dynamic med bonus for fixing a teammate's broken leg. If she were to, say, buy a medical manual about fixing broken bones from the infirmary and then she were to spend a turn looking up exactly what to do before doing it, then she would get a bonus.

Or if Milno wants to get a +1 dynamic bonus to Con, he could spend a turn getting his aim dialed in before firing.

So, if you're wondering how to get a bonus or avoid an overshoot, just think about what you would personally do to give yourself better odds. Chances are it might work, at least to a degree.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7868 on: October 02, 2012, 02:35:34 am »

Pick up head, try to find Thomas.
You scoop up your head and go running in search of Thomas, navigating a Nightmare maze of living flesh and screaming monstrosities till you find him, a glowing avatar of comfort and cuddling in a harsh, stabby world.
((Thanks, exactly what I wanted to know. ))
Hmmm... It is amazing. So much knowledge, just at your fingertips... though it's harder than I imagined it from Simulacrus's comments. Oh well, time will tell whether I can or cannot succeed.
Exit the VR. Listen to Brother Lars's sermon unless it's already over - in that case just go to the cafeteria.
You sit on the ground near Lars and listen as he preaches.
Respawn.
"I don't regenerate in VR?"
Chop off a finger to make sure.
You do regenerate but if you sit there and keep getting fried by high electricity you're gonna dissolve yourself while the little robo-worms try to fix a continuously worsening bit of tissue damage.

Faith grimaced. Entirely new meat?

"Wow. Uh. I hate to be morose, but... would you accept wagers that at least half the squad will suffer crippling injuries or worse?"

She began poking at the gym equipment while talking. She really needed to do something physical outside missions; all that sitting in VR couldn't be very healthy.

Ask Steve, look for exercises that increase Dex.

>Sure. How much you want on that particular pony?

It looks like the speed bag might make you a bit more dextrous.
((What are the pros/cons of analog vs digital? Special features sound out of my current price range, maybe later. Magnification, hmm, lets try between X6 and X12.))

((Does taking a turn to aim and line up a shot confer any bonus?))
Well, analog ones are just done using physical lenses so you can't, say, feed the images from the scope into your faceplate or anything else you can do with a digital thing. However they're never gonna be effected by EMP or other weird electronic fucking anomalies. And yeah, 6 and 12X is available. As per that last part, read down a bit.)
DEFEAT LICH KING.

You save the princess, who looks a lot like May, from the Lich using the power of liking someone a lot.

[color=00cc00]"Ooh. Air pipe. Oh dear, zappy zappy. Better not fuck with that. Yet."[/color]

You jump out of the vent into the infirmary, but find the doctor still missing and the doors to the back still locked.

Ask.
"Well, standard battlesuit has lots of systems, not all of them obvious. There's the kinetic amps in the hands that need to be activated, The anti-personal Claymore type explosives all over the body, the electrified surface, the ejection seat. I'm not familiar with the changes between all the models but if you open a command prompt in the machine and then enter this..." She scribbles something on a slip of paper, "It will list the systems. So that should let you scan through the systems of everything you sim in the VR."
[will:3-1]
It's countless mouths swallow suns and tear the universe asunder, distortion and chaos, a blooming tide of universal rot flowing behind. It's flesh gives birth to an endless multitude of twisted beings; beings which claw the sky with idiot rage and unguided hunger.

Continue to preach.
[speech:3]
"uhhh...also it's ok to murder and molest and stuff.I guess. "
You attempt to absorb exactly what this organization is about simply by watching the actions of the people around you.

It appears to involve gratuitous amounts of violence and nudity with a sprinkling of extreme nerdiness and materials engineering.

[dex:6-2]
You dance surprisingly well for a giant robot.

Ok people, I've thought about it a bit, about how to get you some benefits without needing a decomp'r. So now we're gonna go with a more...organic approach to some things. Specifically, what gives you bonuses and how those bonuses work will basically be very much related to how they would realistically. For instance:

Lets say that Faith wants a +1 dynamic med bonus for fixing a teammate's broken leg. If she were to, say, buy a medical manual about fixing broken bones from the infirmary and then she were to spend a turn looking up exactly what to do before doing it, then she would get a bonus.

Or if Milno wants to get a +1 dynamic bonus to Con, he could spend a turn getting his aim dialed in before firing.

So, if you're wondering how to get a bonus or avoid an overshoot, just think about what you would personally do to give yourself better odds. Chances are it might work, at least to a degree.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7869 on: October 02, 2012, 02:38:56 am »

(That makes sense; good compromise there, PW. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #7870 on: October 02, 2012, 02:59:24 am »

(That sounds good.)
Test time!  Set the suit to fry me for one minute before turning off the current.  See how much damage has been done.  If I'm dead, wait to see if and when I regenerate.
After that experiment, replicate it with ten second, thirty second, five minute and ten minute burns.  Note the effects.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7871 on: October 02, 2012, 04:08:33 am »

Try and stand up; if successful, ask Steve where I can test the new Amp without getting my life zapped out of me.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7872 on: October 02, 2012, 04:17:15 am »

((It does make sense to get a bonus if you take a bit to do things in a specific manner. Nice one Piecewise.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7873 on: October 02, 2012, 07:22:21 am »

I should... I should... hm, not sure what to do right now. I suppose it'll come to me eventually.
Analyze the structure and shape of this horrible creature. Make sure to memorize its intricacies. Oh, also don't get devoured.
((I would like to voice my approval for the preparation system. Realistic, makes sense and doesn't really negatively change anything already established, the very model of a good revision.))
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 07:44:31 am by Harry Baldman »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7874 on: October 02, 2012, 07:40:44 am »

((So sorry SC  :-\))

"...That's how we ended up here, anyway. What about you? You don't seem like the kind of person who'd get 'recruited' into the HMRC."
Aaaand here it comes...

Normally, this would be uncomfortable for one like Feyri, as Jim was spot on with his assumptions and not having any sense of lying. She couldn't say anything else, not even a white lie back, but nobody else knew her past -- other than Steve, of course.

"I wasn't."

"Remember my dossier? Jaywalking? All a ruse to get me into this mess. If you mind, I would expound on my past a bit, but...are you sure you won't tell anyone? I feel a bit insecure about talking about it this-... early."

Tell him now! You nearly died! Well, you did die and...how is your consciousness still in the same body?!

I can't. I need to ask him!

You did ask him.
Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 2101