_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5932013 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Naked Pingpong
« Reply #7800 on: September 27, 2012, 07:48:07 pm »

((As for the recent total willpower char- I made one, but I didn't know that I just walk onto the ship at the time.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7801 on: September 27, 2012, 07:49:23 pm »

((I think I have a better option. A good amount of the complaints came from the fact the characters sometimes overshoot while doing simple things. Instead of changing our mechanics, the GM could just add dynamic bonuses (prevent overshooting) to things like sparring, when the players have declared they want to hold back.

During a moment of despair/action, such as when trying to dodge during a mission, I find it completely feasible for someone very agile to go overboard and hit a wall while trying to dodge, for example, but we could just tone things down when people are in controlled environments (sparring again).))

((However, what about situations like setting demolition charges? That's not exactly a hectic situation like dodging something, and it is an extremely easy thing to do (insert detonator into however much explosive you want, move away, detonate), but it is an "in-mission" thing, where it would probably be left to chance for balance...))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7802 on: September 27, 2012, 08:08:34 pm »

((@Pyro: You can add that to the list of simple things then, as well as other small stuff.

My point is like SerCon's: 36 points in a skill and a decompensator and you are a [5] machine. If you buy the decompensator sooner, then you have dynamic bonuses even sooner; If you have a +1 bonus, from profession or the gun you're holding, for example, you need 27 points, which equal 9 missions, plus a 20 token decompensator. It sounds fair to attain mastery of one skill in 9 missions.

You'd need 18 missions for the same feat with the new mechanics.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7803 on: September 27, 2012, 08:13:24 pm »

((Notice: The GM is going to have a little of a problem posting the next days until sunday evening. He will try to post and run as many turns as possible, but he may pass one or more days without doing it. Remember, situation will be normalized sunday.))
((Wait, how come Caellath's privvy to these details? Are you two in cahoots?!))

I don't have time to do a real post right now but I've scanned the thread and I'm seeing a lot of annoyance about the  stats and decompensators and such.

So how about this: Currently it goes 9 points in a skill/15 in a stat equals a straight +1. 18, and 30 = +2 etc. What if it were changed so that that first level (9 and 15 points in skills and stats respectively) equals straight + 1, while 18 and 30 equals a dynamic +1. That way that first level up is you getting all this new strength and abilities, learning not to fuck up terribly but still underestimating your power a bit and overshooting, while the second level is you mastering that new strength so that you never screw up and never overshoot again (barring other modifiers.) And it would continue with +2 and then Dynamic +2 at 27,45 and 36, 60 etc.
((Will probably need to think about this more, but I like some aspects of this and dislike others.

I don't like how it disrupts the fact that you can choose each aspect independently via stats or decomps; it's lopsided, but the current system does allow someone to say they want more raw bonuses or better control. The proposed one would mainly say that if you want to be good at an attribute, you just have to get a ton of it.

I went ahead and made a table, if that helps anyone:

Current        Alternating
123456     123456     Base
234567     234567     First +1
345678     234556     Second +1
456789     345667     Third +1
5678910     345556     Fourth +1

I do like having a method for dealing with overshots other than stuffing a cybernetic in your head, though.))

((I think I have a better option. A good amount of the complaints came from the fact the characters sometimes overshoot while doing simple things. Instead of changing our mechanics, the GM could just add dynamic bonuses (prevent overshooting) to things like sparring, when the players have declared they want to hold back.

During a moment of despair/action, such as when trying to dodge during a mission, I find it completely feasible for someone very agile to go overboard and hit a wall while trying to dodge, for example, but we could just tone things down when people are in controlled environments (sparring again).))
((This strikes me as less of a system and more like "enable VR mode for on-ship sparring." It might handle the problem (I haven't really noticed much complaining, personally), but it's extremely limited and might encourage people to whine about how safe and calm they are in an effort to get it for other, not immediately obvious combat situations.))
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 08:43:03 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

virotox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7804 on: September 27, 2012, 08:27:39 pm »

I don't have time to do a real post right now but I've scanned the thread and I'm seeing a lot of annoyance about the  stats and decompensators and such.

So how about this: Currently it goes 9 points in a skill/15 in a stat equals a straight +1. 18, and 30 = +2 etc. What if it were changed so that that first level (9 and 15 points in skills and stats respectively) equals straight + 1, while 18 and 30 equals a dynamic +1. That way that first level up is you getting all this new strength and abilities, learning not to fuck up terribly but still underestimating your power a bit and overshooting, while the second level is you mastering that new strength so that you never screw up and never overshoot again (barring other modifiers.) And it would continue with +2 and then Dynamic +2 at 27,45 and 36, 60 etc.
((i was thinking this too, and I'm not even half way through the threads))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7805 on: September 27, 2012, 08:28:15 pm »

((I do like having a method for dealing with overshots other than stuffing a cybernetic in your head, though.))
((Yeah, the point of my first response post. I like the current system very much, but I'd like a way of dealing with overshots aside from putting something in Milno's brain.

Also, you forgot to close with [/color] properly, Irony. :P))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7806 on: September 27, 2012, 08:41:41 pm »

((Also, you forgot to close with [/color] properly, Irony. :P))
((Table weirdness, not color tags. Still don't know exactly what's wrong or how I fixed it, but it's all better now. :P))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7807 on: September 27, 2012, 10:32:40 pm »

Get dressed with the clothes in the box, preferentially with a laboratory coat, if availiable and head towards the armory to purchase a Microwave Psychokinetic Amplifier.
You put on a standard set of pants and shirt and then head to the armory and buy yourself a card to get a Microwave Amp.

"Wait... can you do the shocky thingy again?"
Observe the effects of electrocution on my body.
You twitch like crazy but you don't really feel any other effects.
I love the universe. It's nice and cozy.
Find the edge of the universe. Poke it with a sharp star-stick to let the excess mass and energy out.
As you float through the endless space you notice something, a patch of starless space. Huh...
Jim observed the wound on his arm before going over to Feyri, picking her and her weapon up, and carrying her to Medbay. "I knocked my sparring partner unconscious; could you give her a check-up?" he asked the nearest non-Doc/non-Mesk doctor. "And check on my shoulder, as well? I'm not too familiar with all the properties of synthflesh. Will it heal quickly, left on its own?"
A nurse takes a semi-conscious Feyri away while another nurse helps you out.

"Synth-flesh doesn't heal on it's own." the nurse says, applying some sort of whitish gel on your arm and wraps a bandage around it. "This should let it heal fairly quickly."
Mason whispers "Nope" and shoots himm straight in the head.

Aim for head, FINISH HIM!
[con:2+1]
Your shot clips the man's arm and the crystal quickly grows, entombs and shreds his arm apart till it falls off.
"As per classifications, I only have three. Dead, soon to be dead, and living."
((Soon to be dead seems interesting.))

"Thanks." Milno said before moving to the rec room and the VR machines.

Check the different types of battlesuit on the VR.

Battle suit types
Standard
Mobility type
Melee type
Long range type
Civilian engagement type
Urban type
Extreme environment type
Heavy laser type

((My dex vs Jim's dex: 6vs5
[jim dex:3+1+1]
[Feyri dex:5+1]

-_-

Welp. Despite that, it seems strength wins yet again. Thanks PW.  :P))

Moan in pain, yet in a happy mood that the sparring was great.

((Please don't mess this up.))

Dream about my past.

[speech:5]

"Thanks for breaking my arm Jim! That was fun!"

The Nurse carries you to a bed and sets you down before putting your arm in a cast.
Any material that will deform when exposed to the air pressure that the round will be experiencing will do.
Does it matter if it's flammable?
(( Just things that aid regeneration. Also, so that Beat-All Tech product Mesk used is not on the list? ))
Learn more about the fibroblast enhancement therapy. Does it let the enhanced person regenerate limbs or heal almost fatal wounds - over prolonged periods of time, as compared to near instantly? How does it work?
Well, the regeneration is much faster then normal, but no where near instant. And it allows levels of regeneration much greater then humanly possible, such as regenerating nerves or whole limbs, but the more extensive the damage the longer it takes and the more nutrients the person will need to eat/absorb somehow to do it.

It seems like with that treatment you'd never bleed to death and you could grow back an arm, given time, but you're far from a superhero. (Healing, even super fast healing like mesk's always follows the laws of physics. That matter has to come from somewhere.)
"Damnation. All of them are quite difficult to get to. Bah. I'll just climb a table or something."

Head to the Wrec room, and enter the vents from there. Mark Wrec room onto the paper.

((Its a map.))
You enter the vent in the rec room by climbing up on top of the new sofa and hefting yourself into the vent. It's very cramped and you can't help but hear the metal scraping of that other man somewhere else in the vents.
"Subdermal? Don't think that's what I want yet."
Create a shirt of the cheapest available data fabric, so that it could be worn under the suit if possible. Create a camera like the one on the last mission, filled randomly with five days worth of data. Check if the data fits on the shirt.
The camera on the last mission was a very powerful thing. The cheapest memory fabric isn't gonna hold 5 hours, let alone 5 days of it.
Travis simulates for The Doctor the prison medical bay, and has the dummy Travis go through the procedure. He watches the procedure and looks at the results.
It appears that you come out of it with a human face. It looks fairly normal, there's a bit of scarring but over all, no laser eyes or ear rockets or something.

"What would be the cost of a rifle modified in such a way? Also what do you have in scopes?"

Take a glance at what AM was reading
"Depends. The focusing chambers are 1 token each. You can add as many as you want. For scopes, we got a few, some analog, some digital."

You can't see the title of what the armory master is reading but it looks like a technical manual of some kind.

Faith frowned.

"Which group do I fit into?

And what did you mean about manipulators being harder to use than amps?"

She then looked skyward, as she was wont to do when talking to Steve.

"And hey Steve? Why can't I find the Doctor anywhere? Is he busy with something?"

Ask about AM's opinion, amps, and the Doctor.
"Living, for now. And only a few are harder. And as per why it's harder, look at it this way: You're trying to make a man walk down the hall, is it easier to walk him there by thinking "Walk" or by typing on a screen the action every one of his muscles needs to take?"

>I believe he's talking to a potential disciple.

AUGH.
You yell a startled expletive. The monsters don't seem to like that.

Alright, so we won't be doing that, which is good because I didn't really want to. But I will be thinking of new, non-implant ways to reduce overshots so that people can continue growing their characters as they want. Stay tuned.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7808 on: September 27, 2012, 10:43:48 pm »

((Notice: The GM is going to have a little of a problem posting the next days until sunday evening. He will try to post and run as many turns as possible, but he may pass one or more days without doing it. Remember, situation will be normalized sunday.))
((Wait, how come Caellath's privvy to these details? Are you two in cahoots?!))

Oh and that was because Caellath is always around and I didn't have enough time to do a whole post and I don't like posting without doing replies, it feels lazy

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7809 on: September 27, 2012, 10:49:28 pm »

Oh and that was because Caellath is always around and I didn't have enough time to do a whole post and I don't like posting without doing replies, it feels lazy
((True. And that implication deeply offended me, Irony. I demand compensation.))

Milno passed his eyes over the list, promptly finding the ones he wanted.

Check the Mobility, Melee and Standard ones. See if there is any type that allows someone in a MkIII with rockets inside, and if the some of the variants lose any hidden features.
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7810 on: September 27, 2012, 10:51:36 pm »

Chill with the dragon lord and his clan. Play MMORPGS with them.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7811 on: September 27, 2012, 10:57:39 pm »

((True. And that implication deeply offended me, Irony. I demand compensation.))
((Oh dear.

Also, assuming I'm awake?))

Feyri sighed as the cast was placed.

"Too strong yet I can't take a hit. Hmm, I guess it's time I tried martial training.

"Jim, is there anything we're learning from sparring?"
she said, directed at Jim who was obviously at her side.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7812 on: September 27, 2012, 11:12:45 pm »

Jim shrugged. "How to fight in melee, I suppose? I'm, perhaps ironically, a mostly mental fighter myself." He tapped the side of his head meaningfully, even though his brain was no longer encased there. "...Well, while you're healing up, why don't we head to VR and see if we can find a more peaceful simulation?" he suggested, then turned to the nurse. "Thanks for this, and helping her," he said.

Thank the nurse, log into VR, and try to generate a field, empty except for some short grass to start with.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7813 on: September 27, 2012, 11:19:07 pm »

"Ohhhh, I see. Is there anything manipulators are easier for?"

Her expression turned to one of mild surprise as she heard Steve's reply.

"'Disciple?' I didn't know he had, uh... what do you mean by 'disciples,' anyway?"

Her brow furrowed a bit as she remembered his air slash gear. Was he talking about medical practice or...?

Ask about amps and the Doctor.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7814 on: September 27, 2012, 11:28:25 pm »

Feyri thanked the nurse as she got up and acquiesced to Jim's request.

"That would be beautiful, I just hope Steve has something that doesn't remind me of what is going on in this universe..."

Thanks @ Nurse.

Feyri > VR. Try to sync it up with Jim, then...well, head from where he's heading.
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 2101