_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5931064 times)

virotox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Naked Pingpong
« Reply #7785 on: September 27, 2012, 04:19:01 pm »

"What would be the cost of a rifle modified in such a way? Also what do you have in scopes?"

Take a glance at what AM was reading

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7786 on: September 27, 2012, 04:22:19 pm »

(Uh... Sorry, Tir? ^^^; Didn't expect that to happen. The constant +1 to Str is nice, but maybe I should look into decomps for that as well...)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7787 on: September 27, 2012, 04:25:10 pm »

(Uh... Sorry, Tir? ^^^; Didn't expect that to happen. The constant +1 to Str is nice, but maybe I should look into decomps for that as well...)
((Guess how much the budget is for even the lowest priced  :-\

Welp. At least I'm safe  ;D))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7788 on: September 27, 2012, 04:27:50 pm »

Faith frowned.

"Which group do I fit into?

And what did you mean about manipulators being harder to use than amps?"

She then looked skyward, as she was wont to do when talking to Steve.

"And hey Steve? Why can't I find the Doctor anywhere? Is he busy with something?"

Ask about AM's opinion, amps, and the Doctor.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7789 on: September 27, 2012, 04:32:19 pm »

AUGH.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7790 on: September 27, 2012, 04:44:43 pm »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7792 on: September 27, 2012, 05:26:49 pm »

((Guess how much the budget is for even the lowest priced  :-\

Welp. At least I'm safe  ;D))

(Safe because I'm one of the few people that abhor the idea of taking another player's stuff while they're still alive and am basically the closest thing Steve has to a PC police force on the Sword? Or safe because Feyri x Jim? :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7793 on: September 27, 2012, 06:04:45 pm »

I don't have time to do a real post right now but I've scanned the thread and I'm seeing a lot of annoyance about the  stats and decompensators and such.

So how about this: Currently it goes 9 points in a skill/15 in a stat equals a straight +1. 18, and 30 = +2 etc. What if it were changed so that that first level (9 and 15 points in skills and stats respectively) equals straight + 1, while 18 and 30 equals a dynamic +1. That way that first level up is you getting all this new strength and abilities, learning not to fuck up terribly but still underestimating your power a bit and overshooting, while the second level is you mastering that new strength so that you never screw up and never overshoot again (barring other modifiers.) And it would continue with +2 and then Dynamic +2 at 27,45 and 36, 60 etc.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7794 on: September 27, 2012, 06:18:30 pm »

((Notice: The GM is going to have a little of a problem posting the next days until sunday evening. He will try to post and run as many turns as possible, but he may pass one or more days without doing it. Remember, situation will be normalized sunday.))

(safe because Feyri x Jim :P)
((Obviously.

@GM: I think the current system works, and if we switch mechanics, how would we be balanced against NPCs who were created using the current system, like the Doc? They'll be even stronger.))

Edit: The idea of not having the need of things attached to people's brains to prevent overshooting makes sense, though.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 06:25:42 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7795 on: September 27, 2012, 06:23:49 pm »

(@Caellath: :P
@PW: Either way works with me, although with the existence of Decompensators I kind of prefer the first. If only so I can buy the best one, level ExoWep to 36, and then always roll fives. Plus, once we have great gear, it gives us something to spend tokens on. With the other this decomp is somewhat wasted, and I'd have to get my stats all the way to 72 for that...

Ugh, I'm a bit undecided, really...)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7796 on: September 27, 2012, 06:46:33 pm »

((I think I have a better option. A good amount of the complaints came from the fact the characters sometimes overshoot while doing simple things. Instead of changing our mechanics, the GM could just add dynamic bonuses (prevent overshooting) to things like sparring, when the players have declared they want to hold back.

During a moment of despair/action, such as when trying to dodge during a mission, I find it completely feasible for someone very agile to go overboard and hit a wall while trying to dodge, for example, but we could just tone things down when people are in controlled environments (sparring again).))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7797 on: September 27, 2012, 06:55:10 pm »

((I think I have a better option. A good amount of the complaints came from the fact the characters sometimes overshoot while doing simple things. Instead of changing our mechanics, the GM could just add dynamic bonuses (prevent overshooting) to things like sparring, when the players have declared they want to hold back.

During a moment of despair/action, such as when trying to dodge during a mission, I find it completely feasible for someone very agile to go overboard and hit a wall while trying to dodge, for example, but we could just tone things down when people are in controlled environments (sparring again).))

(+1 agreement to this.)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7798 on: September 27, 2012, 07:18:16 pm »

(( It would make equalling those NPCs a lot more of a challenge, that's certain.

As for the system - I like how the attribute/stat gain is currently weighted against the equipment gain. The new system would shift the balance towards gaining the edge with items/enhancements (as it'd take exactly twice longer to reach the straight bonus of +2 and more), and that would be... somewhat novel to this game (not sure if bad or good).
Moreover, the new system would extend the practical limit of it being worth investing points to a single attribute/skill, thus shifting focus of the game towards later game (rather than two-five mission veterans, more like five-eleven mission elites) - which may not be good, considering the 'You won't survive the service here' idea of the game.
It might have slowed the pace of arms race, thus giving the recruits a better chance against the veterans, but, in reality, the veterans would most likely overpower the recruits just by the means of their superior equipment, as noted above, so that aspect of the game shouldn't change.
Overall, ... I don't know. I like the current balance of things, I like the idea of decompensators as expensive items that still require you to pour a lot of points into the chosen attribute/skill to obtain the guaranteed fives, but if there was a way to incorporate the dynamic bonuses into the existing picture (say, introducing a fifteen-something-tokens dynamic +1 item, or another kind of progression rooted in the character stats development, parallel to the existing attrbute&skill gains structure), hopefully that would turn out very cool and true both to in-universe sense and game's feel.

On a reflection, 'holding back' as in 'taking voluntary penalties up to completely negating the attribute/skill bonus' might also be useful, though only in a small number of situations (such as, yes, sparring, ... - actually, I can't think of anything else; precision sniping/controlled demolitions, maybe?), I'm afraid. ))
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 07:20:13 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7799 on: September 27, 2012, 07:34:33 pm »

I don't have time to do a real post right now but I've scanned the thread and I'm seeing a lot of annoyance about the  stats and decompensators and such.

So how about this: Currently it goes 9 points in a skill/15 in a stat equals a straight +1. 18, and 30 = +2 etc. What if it were changed so that that first level (9 and 15 points in skills and stats respectively) equals straight + 1, while 18 and 30 equals a dynamic +1. That way that first level up is you getting all this new strength and abilities, learning not to fuck up terribly but still underestimating your power a bit and overshooting, while the second level is you mastering that new strength so that you never screw up and never overshoot again (barring other modifiers.) And it would continue with +2 and then Dynamic +2 at 27,45 and 36, 60 etc.

((Going with Cael.))
Chill with the dragon lord and his clan. Play MMORPGS with them.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 07:59:17 pm by Spinal_Taper »
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 2101