_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5924285 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Arts and Crafts
« Reply #7575 on: September 22, 2012, 07:38:33 pm »

Milno scratched his chin thoughtfully. He remembered the gauntlet reacting strangely twice. First, when he tried to turn the finger into talons, and the second, when he passed his fingers over his mechanic arm...Staring at the gauntlet, he repeated the experiment, trying to carefully touch and poke his prosthetic arm to examine what caused the gauntlet to trigger. Then analyze if it could be reproduced on the chunk of metal.

Carefully imitate what was done in the mission: pass the gauntlet's fingers over the prosthetic. Try doing the same to the metal chunk afterwards.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7576 on: September 22, 2012, 07:59:58 pm »

Get what Thomas is having.
"Hey Thommmasssss~"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7577 on: September 22, 2012, 08:44:32 pm »

((Oh, I see. Hrm...))

Well, first see how powerful those piston amps are when punching things.

Then try to fashion shockwave focusers for them to create ranged versions. If successful, compare to regular shaped and piston punching effects.

Then compare the effects of (normal, non-piston gauntlet) shaped shockwaves to regular punching them with a kinetic amp. Is there a noticeable difference?

Finally, examine how the controls for a battle suit work, and whether they're essentially the same as a MkIII/exoskeleton.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7578 on: September 22, 2012, 09:13:17 pm »

Get what Thomas is having.
"Hey Thommmasssss~"
((Hallucinagenics and narcotics, quality bonding time on the HRMC.)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7579 on: September 22, 2012, 10:23:15 pm »

((Pyro:  The Lasertrack is also public, for what it's worth.  If you can make it cost efficient, more power to you.))

Lars's head was pounding.  This place was so strange... almost disconnected from the world.  Was this even real?  What reality was he in?  As a clergyman, though, he knew a solid reference point when he saw one.

"Well, Steve, let me be the first then.  I still serve the Gazer, but I know when I am in the realm of another god.  Here, truly, you are god.  What are your commandments, that I may assist you in spreading your word?"

Ask.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7580 on: September 22, 2012, 10:40:13 pm »

((And Lo, The Lord did sayeth unto Lars, "Commandments thou dost not need, for one only is thy mandate: Be Competent, and shun the ways of the Bumbling Idiot, he who wastes time doing naught; the Murderous Idiot, he who cannot beget progress and so begets blood in its place; the Cowardly Idiot, he who fears failure and so embraces it through inaction. Then and only then shall I count thee amongst The Blessed, those whose carbon and water is spent wisely on their mortal frames."))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7581 on: September 22, 2012, 11:06:19 pm »

((That sounds pretty legit to me Irony.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7582 on: September 23, 2012, 01:17:09 am »

((I thought I snatched a bunch of drugs before the mission?))
Get drugs. Get high. Novelty drugs only.

You enter the armory just as the armory master hauls out a big box and starts poking through it. May is standing around next to the kiosk, bouncing up and down with excitement.

"We got all kinds of hallucinogens." The armory master says, pulling a handful of varied pills and tablets and what looks like candy out of the box and stuffing it through the slot in the kiosk window. "Take your pick."

Both you and may gather up the entire fist full between yourselves and stuff them in your bag.

"Oh, right, naked. Hate that."
Floki reached into the box, rummaging about for a pair of pants and tugging them on before leaving the barracks to take a look around. 'Right. So, prison. Kinda.'
Floki had never been in any form of prison himself, but he'd heard from others that showing weakness was not a good idea.

>Equip pants. Then wander out and see what's what in this place, looking as intimidating as I can manage.
[char:1]
You put on a pair of pants and proceed to wander around in what you think is an intimidating manner. In reality it just kind of looks like you have crapped your pants.

"Ugh. Maybe I can peek under the door?"

Attempt to peek under the door!
You try to look under the door but can't see anything. Seems like it's air tight.
Guess I'll have to get some training first. One last try, though.
Scrap that painting, and make another one: the bright sphere of heat in the dark evening sky above the slaughtered village and dark shapes of people in suits fleeing from the imminent explosion.
[handi:6-1]
You craft a perfect representation of the team's failure, so detailed and artfully rendered that it brings a great swell of...shame.

Milno scratched his chin thoughtfully. He remembered the gauntlet reacting strangely twice. First, when he tried to turn the finger into talons, and the second, when he passed his fingers over his mechanic arm...Staring at the gauntlet, he repeated the experiment, trying to carefully touch and poke his prosthetic arm to examine what caused the gauntlet to trigger. Then analyze if it could be reproduced on the chunk of metal.

Carefully imitate what was done in the mission: pass the gauntlet's fingers over the prosthetic. Try doing the same to the metal chunk afterwards.
[will:4]
You touch your mechanical arm and your mind is flooded with sudden knowledge, knowledge of the arm, knowledge of how it works, images of synthetic fibers tensing and flexing, nerves melding with artificial systems. You know almost everything about the arm now.

((Oh, I see. Hrm...))

Well, first see how powerful those piston amps are when punching things.

Then try to fashion shockwave focusers for them to create ranged versions. If successful, compare to regular shaped and piston punching effects.

Then compare the effects of (normal, non-piston gauntlet) shaped shockwaves to regular punching them with a kinetic amp. Is there a noticeable difference?

Finally, examine how the controls for a battle suit work, and whether they're essentially the same as a MkIII/exoskeleton.

Um..well the problem with that shockwave this is that you end up with the same problem. The piston will just give you more power behind the blow. Which is great for a stronger punch but in terms of the shockwave thing it doesn't fix any of the problems of the original, you'll still end up destroying your shaping surfaces unless they're stupidly massive and resistant. I'll say it blunt: A nuke's shockwave won't even completely break a battlesuit's armor even at very close range, so you're not gonna be drilling through their armor with a hand held shock wave device.

((Pyro:  The Lasertrack is also public, for what it's worth.  If you can make it cost efficient, more power to you.))

Lars's head was pounding.  This place was so strange... almost disconnected from the world.  Was this even real?  What reality was he in?  As a clergyman, though, he knew a solid reference point when he saw one.

"Well, Steve, let me be the first then.  I still serve the Gazer, but I know when I am in the realm of another god.  Here, truly, you are god.  What are your commandments, that I may assist you in spreading your word?"

Ask.
> 1.Don't harass the crew or endanger the ship, lest I smite thee.
2. Complete the missions even if it kills you.
3. Other then that, Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7583 on: September 23, 2012, 01:30:09 am »

((Milno's got himself a tech scanner.))

Open a new grenade casing for the XGL, put a shaped Aster-EX charge in that back, such that the force of the explosion is directed forwards. Then, fill the rest with razorwire, and program to detonate just after it leaves the barrel.

Test on MkIII suit, Battlesuit, and Full-Body Prosthesis.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7584 on: September 23, 2012, 01:40:55 am »

Um..well the problem with that shockwave this is that you end up with the same problem. The piston will just give you more power behind the blow. Which is great for a stronger punch but in terms of the shockwave thing it doesn't fix any of the problems of the original, you'll still end up destroying your shaping surfaces unless they're stupidly massive and resistant. I'll say it blunt: A nuke's shockwave won't even completely break a battlesuit's armor even at very close range, so you're not gonna be drilling through their armor with a hand held shock wave device.
((Ah. It seems I've been underestimating the battlesuit.))

Compare the force of the piston-aided amp, a regular amp, and a shockwave amp.

Examine how a battlesuit is controlled.

>Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.
((I was waiting for Steve to say that. :P))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7585 on: September 23, 2012, 01:44:39 am »

Feyri: Riposte any attack made by Jim!

Caellath: Act for SeriousConcentrate!

Edit:

Piecewise: How goes the item returning, as others have stated to return the items from the past mission?  :)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 01:55:09 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7586 on: September 23, 2012, 01:47:35 am »

Feyri: Riposte any attack made by Jim!

Caellath: Act for SeriousConcentrate!

Jim: Pull Feyri's supporting foot from under her with a foot. >:D emoticon if successful in dropping her.

Catch sword if antyhing goes awry.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #7587 on: September 23, 2012, 04:18:51 am »

"So far so good I guess. No reports of wyrms coming crashing through fridges yet."
 Gorat then ignores the drama and goes to the computers.
Look if general information on FTL drives and FTL communications is available.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7588 on: September 23, 2012, 06:35:50 am »

((Milno's got himself a tech scanner.))
(( Yeah. Cool! ))
As he finished working, Maurice looked at the picture again and stood frozen in silence for a whole minute.
I ... see. ... Well, I should have expected that. We failed our purpose that day. That disaster shall not be repeated again.
'Be competent', eh? No. Know thy Duty.
Or was it just cosmic-level irony?

Film the paintings with my suit's camera, then put them by the wall so that they can be easily observed by anyone who cares to. Return the painting supplies to the armory.

On the way there, ask:
Steve, ...  does this ship, by any chance, have a chaplain?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7589 on: September 23, 2012, 06:41:55 am »

Floki swaggered along down the hall, hands in the pockets of his standard-issue pants as he eyed anyone passing him.
>Find some central public area, take a look around.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 2101