_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5924358 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Arts and Crafts
« Reply #7560 on: September 22, 2012, 03:28:28 pm »

((Where is E?))

Head into VR and Tinker and see if there's any new designs.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7561 on: September 22, 2012, 03:49:42 pm »

Go the Armory Master, get a hit of LSD.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7562 on: September 22, 2012, 04:02:16 pm »

((Thanks. Also, it is implied that our suits are repaired somewhere between the missions, right? Asking to know when they are again available for messing with. ))
A good start. Maurice smiled at his work and looked around the room, nodding at the new furniture.
Now paint Thomas-Lighteater riding the sandstone wall.

Hearing Mesk's question, Maurice replied after a moment of thinking:
Coat them with highly resistive material maybe? I don't know, try asking Simulacrus maybe. As far as I know, she's quite good at engineering. Way better than me.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 04:04:05 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7563 on: September 22, 2012, 04:15:08 pm »

((@Nikitian: He didn't see Thomas-Lighteater riding the sandwall.))

"Well, let's see now."

Attack the hunk of metal in melee with the gauntlet, first simply with a clawing and punching motion, then by concentrating on destroying the hunk of metal while doing so. Third try, do it with some distance, pointing the gauntlet at the metal piece.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 04:17:59 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7564 on: September 22, 2012, 04:40:07 pm »

((@Caellath Just checked, and apparently he did. Maurice hit the tune-staff in Thomas-Lighteater's hand with a small stone the same turn as (just seconds before) Gorat used his amp.))
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 04:42:17 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7565 on: September 22, 2012, 04:43:31 pm »

Hell

Get up, take sword. Clash blades with him, always taking the distance to atack and avoid Doc's blows. Try to make him drop his weapon by hitting it. Slash the arms when an oportunity appears. If anyone shows up, IGNORE.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7566 on: September 22, 2012, 04:46:17 pm »

Hell

Get up, take sword. Clash blades with him, always taking the distance to atack and avoid Doc's blows. Try to make him drop his weapon by hitting it. Slash the arms when an oportunity appears. If anyone shows up, IGNORE.

((Oooo, why are Renen and doc fighting?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #7567 on: September 22, 2012, 04:57:22 pm »

"Sorry, should have clarified.  I want to insulate the inside of the suit.  Though I suppose I could still coat the inside with something..."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7568 on: September 22, 2012, 05:10:47 pm »

Try out some of those drugs that weren't tried already.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7569 on: September 22, 2012, 06:12:57 pm »

>Wake up.

>Inspect surroundings.

"Urgh... Man, my head." Floki squinted around as his pod opened, rubbing wearily at his temples and trying to get his bearings.
"Guess this is th' HMRC then, huh," he muttered to himself, spitting out a bit of stasis-fluid, "Don't look too bad."

((Sorry about the cheatsheet thing. I am lazy, didn't realise the other skills were important.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7570 on: September 22, 2012, 06:51:33 pm »

((I meant the range on the gauntlet I'd already devised. How far does the shockwave effectively travel?))

Test new piston-amp-shockwave things on various targets, compare their range and power to the normal hand-mounted gauntlets.

While I'm at it, call up a battlesuit and compare its weight to that of a MkIII. What kind of forces would be needed to allow it to fly?

Well, the effective range depends on what you want it to be effective against, but against relatively soft targets it's about oh, 30 feet or so.

Oh and that piston thing I was talking about was just a piston with an amp on the end, not a shockwave thing. As per the weight of a mk III vs a battle suit...uh well the MK III is like 300 pounds with someone in it. A Battle suit is like 3-4 tons. It is pretty much a small mech.

Take off the VR helmet and yell "Hey, anyone have any ideas on how to electrically insulate our suits?" then continue trying to think of something.

[int:1]
You gurgle and roll out of your chair, twisting and flopping like an idiot.
((Where is E?))

Head into VR and Tinker and see if there's any new desiggs.
(E is in stasis because she went idle. However since she's in stasis her gear is in storage.)

I don't remember but if Mensor left his stuff open then you'd see his drone. Same with that thermite gun from Pancaek.

Go the Armory Master, get a hit of LSD.
"Don't have LSD, but we do have other hallucinogens if you want them. How powerful do you want them?"
((Thanks. Also, it is implied that our suits are repaired somewhere between the missions, right? Asking to know when they are again available for messing with. ))
A good start. Maurice smiled at his work and looked around the room, nodding at the new furniture.
Now paint Thomas-Lighteater riding the sandstone wall.

Hearing Mesk's question, Maurice replied after a moment of thinking:
Coat them with highly resistive material maybe? I don't know, try asking Simulacrus maybe. As far as I know, she's quite good at engineering. Way better than me.

[handi:4-1]
You paint a...well it's pretty much a stick figure on a very poor, squiggly box. Oh well.

(your suit is repaired yes. At least the MK I and II's.)

((@Nikitian: He didn't see Thomas-Lighteater riding the sandwall.))

"Well, let's see now."

Attack the hunk of metal in melee with the gauntlet, first simply with a clawing and punching motion, then by concentrating on destroying the hunk of metal while doing so. Third try, do it with some distance, pointing the gauntlet at the metal piece.
You punch the metal with the gauntlet and then claw it a bit. It doesn't really do anything special. You try to destroy the metal with your mind. It also doesn't do anything. You point at the metal.  It seems unimpressed.

Hell

[dex:5+1]
[doc dex:5]
Your blade clips off the doctor's knife, hissing just inches from him as you swing repeatedly.

"Good. Good."

The Doctor jumps back a few feet and lowers his guard, nodding to himself.

"Good attacks. Now, how well do you defend?"

He spins the knife into an icepick hold and charges at you.

Try out some of those drugs that weren't tried already.
(you way want to actually go to the armory master and ask for some delicious new drugs if you want to try any. Only stuff you have is Xeno spit and a blue pill.)

>Wake up.

>Inspect surroundings.

"Urgh... Man, my head." Floki squinted around as his pod opened, rubbing wearily at his temples and trying to get his bearings.
"Guess this is th' HMRC then, huh," he muttered to himself, spitting out a bit of stasis-fluid, "Don't look too bad."

((Sorry about the cheatsheet thing. I am lazy, didn't realise the other skills were important.))
You seem to be in a barracks of sorts with beds along the walls, a bathroom off to one side and a box of clothing near the pods. Convenient.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7571 on: September 22, 2012, 07:00:00 pm »

((I thought I snatched a bunch of drugs before the mission?))
Get drugs. Get high. Novelty drugs only.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7572 on: September 22, 2012, 07:01:49 pm »

"Oh, right, naked. Hate that."
Floki reached into the box, rummaging about for a pair of pants and tugging them on before leaving the barracks to take a look around. 'Right. So, prison. Kinda.'
Floki had never been in any form of prison himself, but he'd heard from others that showing weakness was not a good idea.

>Equip pants. Then wander out and see what's what in this place, looking as intimidating as I can manage.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7573 on: September 22, 2012, 07:05:39 pm »

"Ugh. Maybe I can peek under the door?"

Attempt to peek under the door!
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7574 on: September 22, 2012, 07:32:09 pm »

Guess I'll have to get some training first. One last try, though.
Scrap that painting, and make another one: the bright sphere of heat in the dark evening sky above the slaughtered village and dark shapes of people in suits fleeing from the imminent explosion.
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 2101