_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5925111 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Arts and Crafts
« Reply #7530 on: September 21, 2012, 07:57:46 pm »

"We meet again door."

Cog vs Door: Round two! Pick that lock!
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7531 on: September 21, 2012, 08:24:39 pm »

I remember the principle and the general design but did we ever work out how powerful the blow to be amplified was? Even at relatively low powers humans won't stand a chance, assuming you're relatively close. At higher powers you have it don't more damage but it can also destroy the glove. Thats the big issue; if it can destroy a battlesuit's armor then you need something stronger then a battlesuit to direct the blast.
((Hm.))

Examine what kinds of materials would be necessary to allow the glove to pierce a MkIII, foot of concrete, six inches of steel, and battlesuit plate. Examine costs of said materials.

Also check its range, and see how it performs normal-punching something relative to a normal kinetic amp.

This is what I have for ivan. This doesn't count his infection stats.
Ivan
+1 intuition and con weap.
-1 handiwork and med. 
1/3 strength, dex, handiwork 2/3 con wep.

Gauss rifle (5-shot)(Laser rifle battery slot grafted on)
SHotgun (5 rounds)
pain killer
hand laser (20 sec)
((I'm interested in his precise stats now also, though. Also, what are his infection stats?

His full pastebin sheet lists him at 2 Cha, which should be -1, and 0 Aux as well. Which I guess could be a result of infection.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7532 on: September 21, 2012, 08:33:19 pm »

Milno sighs and moves away from the briefing room, locking both gauss rifles on his back, heading towards the armory.

"Hey there, long time no see." he says before pointing towards his arm.

"I came back, never got around to testing this gauntlet. Do you know a place I can try to hit a dummy or something without endangering other people?"

Ask the above.

Level Up:
Coming soon due to the fact I don't know which stat I should raise.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 09:18:14 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7533 on: September 21, 2012, 08:33:43 pm »

Jim nodded. Two tokens was more than he had expected. "Thank you. And, well... ladies first. You go ahead, Fey," he said, lifting the cutlass and awaiting her first strike.

Sword-spar with Feyri! (Non-lethally, of course. >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7534 on: September 21, 2012, 08:47:01 pm »

((Caellath, did you ever level up? I couldn't find it.

Same thing for Orb, if he's around.

Also, in related news, updated sheet is done aside from that. And, as I warned about earlier, missing some peoples' exact Cha scores and similar. Maybe I'll go back and fix that sometime.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7535 on: September 21, 2012, 08:51:07 pm »

Good job putting Faith down back in there, even if she is still pestering me about it, because I supported your judgement.

Simus glances over and sees what Milno is pointing at on his arm.

That doesn't look in any way standard. Any idea what it is? Other than a strange looking gauntlet.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7536 on: September 21, 2012, 09:13:24 pm »

"She likes doing it." Milno answers, staring at Simus with the corner of his eye.

"Don't know what it does, received it after last mission."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7537 on: September 21, 2012, 09:27:09 pm »

If you'd like, I could help you out with that in VR... if it can even get a scan or something of that thing, to put it in the machine's database.

Looking back at her wrist computer, Simus notices Faith's message again, and replies:

Don't whine to me about the final decision. You still probably came out with far more than I did, even with Milno stiffing you.

Now, I have to get back to work. If I'm not buying weapons, I'm making them and using prototypes. Who knows, maybe something will turn out useful and I'll get paid for it. Doubt it, though.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 09:31:58 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7538 on: September 21, 2012, 10:21:07 pm »

Brother Lars bows to the Armory Master.

"Thank you.  You've been very helpful- thank you for taking the time to speak with me."

Feeling a bit better, but not fully mollified, Lars wanders the ship.  In the Rec Room, the giant cyborg from earlier was sparring with someone else- perhaps someone that was on the previous mission?  Many of those who had just returned were buried in VR machines.  Everyone, in general, looked busy.

He continued down the hallway, then stopped.

"Steve, is it?  Has anyone ever called you the god of this vessel?  You control our fates, can unleash your fury, and we only know you as a disembodied voice in the sky.  One may argue that you fit the qualifications.

Ask.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7539 on: September 22, 2012, 02:04:48 am »

Just a smaller Milno suit, please. What's the functions of the different compensators?
You spend your 14 tokens to get a nice new set of armor attached to your suit and some new optics install for your visor.

As per the decompensators:
Cheapest: 1/3 chance to prevent overshoots. Do so by simply stopping you from acting.
second Cheapest: 1/3 chance to reduce your overshoot to a number beween 3-5 instead.
second most expensive: 1/3 chance to prevent overshoots by bringing roll down to 5 
Most expensive: always prevent overshoots by bringing the total down to 5.

You can have multiple installed.

((HAH! I knew it was something in that form or style of suit! Thanks you muchly Piecewise!))

Permanently open faceplate.

"Then here's your token for that sword, and another token for keeping it in good condition." Feyri said with a smile.

+2 tokens to JIM. -2 tokens to FEYRI

"So...let's train here then! I'll turn the blade like so, if this is how you hold it by the hilt, and...well, who makes the first move?"

Sword-spar with Jim!
[str:5+1]
You grab your faceplate and jam it up as the servos screech and pop. It crunches into place at the top, permanently stuck in place.

You buy the Arming sword from Jim and join him in the sparing ring.

((Knew you'd say that, which is why I prepared this quote:

4 Tokens? A little steep, but, then again, this is a custom job. So, alright.

Hand over the tokens and arm in question.

Also, can I get a Hand Laser... and a pipe wrench?
The armory master takes your robo-arm after handing you your tool and hand laser.

"Stay here, I'll be back in a few minutes." She says before heading into the back.
))

I'll buy a kilo of it then, how many detonators come with it? Oh, and here's the new arm for the blade.

Give the AM the new arm for blade installation and receive explosives.

((Also, you know, just thinking out loud here, but that wristblade would make an excellent on-ship assassination weapon. Approach target from behind, hold cybernetic arm up to their neck, aiming blade between vertebrae, and slice! Instant spinal cord sever. Won't know what hit them, unless the dice decide to screw it up.))
Alright, you get 1 token back and then spend 1 token to get the blade attached and 2 for the kilo of explosive with 5 detonators.

Well, an INTERNAL layer should probably not go on the outside... but I suppose if there are going to be gaps in the suit, there's not too much of a point.  Try and figure out a different way of insulating the suit.
[int:1+1]
You can't think of a god damn thing.

Go poke around in the Infirmary, looking for Renen.
He is nowhere to be found, at least not in the front part of the infirmary.

"We meet again door."

Cog vs Door: Round two! Pick that lock!
You bend down to pick the lock when you feel a tingle run through your body.

>Sure you want to do that?

I remember the principle and the general design but did we ever work out how powerful the blow to be amplified was? Even at relatively low powers humans won't stand a chance, assuming you're relatively close. At higher powers you have it don't more damage but it can also destroy the glove. Thats the big issue; if it can destroy a battlesuit's armor then you need something stronger then a battlesuit to direct the blast.
((Hm.))

Examine what kinds of materials would be necessary to allow the glove to pierce a MkIII, foot of concrete, six inches of steel, and battlesuit plate. Examine costs of said materials.

Also check its range, and see how it performs normal-punching something relative to a normal kinetic amp.

This is what I have for ivan. This doesn't count his infection stats.
Ivan
+1 intuition and con weap.
-1 handiwork and med. 
1/3 strength, dex, handiwork 2/3 con wep.

SHotgun (5 rounds)
pain killer
hand laser (20 sec)
((I'm interested in his precise stats now also, though. Also, what are his infection stats?

His full pastebin sheet lists him at 2 Cha, which should be -1, and 0 Aux as well. Which I guess could be a result of infection.))
Well, I can tell your right now that it is gonna be pretty much impossible for you to get it to work like that, at least as it is. See, killing that mk III is easy, and even that concrete, but  when you start trying to get through 6 inches of steel or a battle suit, it starts reaching the realms of completely impractical the forces you would need and the size of these gauntlets. You'd be better off just attaching the amp to the end of a piston for those sorts of things. The Doctor didn't use a shockwave bat against armored targets, he used them against soft targets. Now, it you were to use something like a Arbiter's baton, thats the sort of thing to smash battlesuits if you get the right force behind it.

As per Ivan, I think I may have lost one of his level ups during a computer crash, so his cheat sheet is probably correct but his stats are off. His stats only add up to 30 when they should be 35 at this point after 3 missions. I'll go back and look at his most recent level up, tell you what everything should be.

Milno sighs and moves away from the briefing room, locking both gauss rifles on his back, heading towards the armory.

"Hey there, long time no see." he says before pointing towards his arm.

"I came back, never got around to testing this gauntlet. Do you know a place I can try to hit a dummy or something without endangering other people?"

Ask the above.

Level Up:
Coming soon due to the fact I don't know which stat I should raise.

"I would say you could pretty much swing into a crowd around here and hit nothing but dummies. But we don't really have any have any dummies, at least nothing special. If you just want something non-living I can get you a chunk of metal or something."

Jim nodded. Two tokens was more than he had expected. "Thank you. And, well... ladies first. You go ahead, Fey," he said, lifting the cutlass and awaiting her first strike.

Sword-spar with Feyri! (Non-lethally, of course. >.>)
You join Feyri in the ring, still wondering about which weapon to use.

Brother Lars bows to the Armory Master.

"Thank you.  You've been very helpful- thank you for taking the time to speak with me."

Feeling a bit better, but not fully mollified, Lars wanders the ship.  In the Rec Room, the giant cyborg from earlier was sparring with someone else- perhaps someone that was on the previous mission?  Many of those who had just returned were buried in VR machines.  Everyone, in general, looked busy.

He continued down the hallway, then stopped.

"Steve, is it?  Has anyone ever called you the god of this vessel?  You control our fates, can unleash your fury, and we only know you as a disembodied voice in the sky.  One may argue that you fit the qualifications.

Ask.

>I can't say anyone ever has.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7540 on: September 22, 2012, 02:27:18 am »

This is Ivan's real sheet. Something was really off me thinks.
Ivan
+1 con,intuiton
-1  char, speech,handi,uncon, aux, med
1/3  handi,
2/3 str,dex,con,

SHotgun (5 rounds)
pain killer
hand laser (20 sec)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #7541 on: September 22, 2012, 02:28:32 am »

What if I... but wait, no... maybe with some... or maybe not...
Keep thinking.  There has to be some way to insulate the suit, right?

"Fish paste... cork... some guy standing next to me with a lightning rod... a metric ton of elastic bands... damn!"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7542 on: September 22, 2012, 03:07:25 am »

Jim continues to wait at the ready with the cutlass to parry her attack.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7543 on: September 22, 2012, 03:40:09 am »

Poke around the back of the infirmary.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7544 on: September 22, 2012, 04:00:30 am »

((Oh good, mystery solved. Well, resolved, at least.))

See how feasible it becomes using arm-mounted pistons on an exoskeleton frame.

Also check the range on the standard model, and how much the force supplied affects that.
Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 2101