_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5926849 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Arts and Crafts
« Reply #7515 on: September 21, 2012, 04:57:36 pm »

((@Spinal_Taper: Aside from what he said in that post, there are also the chestplate for 3 tokens and the pelvic plate for 2 more tokens.))
((Thanks.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7516 on: September 21, 2012, 05:00:59 pm »

"Son of a bitch. Maybe he's in back? Eh, might as well check it out."

Head to the back room. Check to see if the door is unlocked.

((The back room is the gym, but Cog doesn't know that.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7517 on: September 21, 2012, 05:08:49 pm »

Noticing that Simus had already left, Faith began typing her a message on her writspad.

Code: [Select]
So, that's your good judgement, eh? Immediately jump on the tokens, ignore what everyone has said to hand them out as he sees fit, then tell everyone tough luck if they don't like it.

What was it you said I would have done, again? "My way or the highway?" Please explain Milno's reasonable superiority to me now.

"Well, lesson learned- always grab the tokens before Milno can."

Try to find the Doctor. When that fails, head to VR Tinker.

Call up those force javelin gauntlets I was working on a long time ago, examine them in more detail and test them out against a human dummy, robot dummy, concrete and steel walls, and a battlesuit.

((If you don't remember, they were essentially fist-mounted versions of the Doctor's force gun, with the force shaped into a point.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #7518 on: September 21, 2012, 05:28:44 pm »

"Thanks!"
Head back to Tinker, load up a Mk.II suit and add an internal layer of rubber, thin enough that motion doesn't become hindered.  Then see how much electricity it can handle.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7519 on: September 21, 2012, 06:17:04 pm »

((Welp, still need to go back and find noobstats (why did I delete my record of all their signups? Whyyyyyy), but as far as active veterans I'm mostly done updating. Just a few more to go.

In related news:

May is only listed as -1 to Intuition from a lack of skill points in it, but by her class she should be at -2.

I went with Thomas' first levelup (5 Will, 3 Con) because it sounded like PW did also.

Milno and Travis still need to levelup, or else I missed it. Have Faith, Feyri, Maurice, Simus, Chin, Mason's levelup but not base stats, May, and Thomas. That should just leave Milno and Travis.

Apparently Ivan's cheatsheet was excessively generous or something; I'm catching all sorts of -1s on his regular sheet that I didn't have before.

I figured out how to differentiate between class and skill penalties kind of late, so if somebody's missing little skill bars where they ought to have them, let me know about it.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7520 on: September 21, 2012, 06:37:33 pm »

Head to Rec room, examine for important entities and signs.
There aren't really any signs, save for the menu ordering board, but it looks like there's a sparring ring over in one corner, and jim is selling swords and pills in another.

"Jim!"

Feyri strode up to the man, conscious about how she might appear until she remembered that she was in her MK I suit. She examined the color of her suit anyway.

She complimented him on the work of the items presented for sale, and... examined his wares. (Yes, he's got an arming sword but...what else?  :P)

"Steve, do you have any manuscripts of textual copies of how they trained swordplay in the archaic Earth? I partly remember that there is where we learned how to play with these things," she said, tapping the hilt of her tesla sword, "Or...even a simulation room perhaps, for live training that won't kill?"

Hiya Jim, ask Steve!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7521 on: September 21, 2012, 06:51:40 pm »

"Hello, Feyri." Jim's emoticon flashed to a smiley; even his synthetic voice sounded a little happier. He showed her the swords. "Interested in one? I have an arming sword here... It's really heavy, but it packs a lot of punch. And then I have a long reiterpallasch if you want a little more range. It's also a bit unwieldy because of the added length. Finally, I have this weird painkiller here. Apparently you take it and it's always in effect. You can read the note that came with it if you want. And if you want to practice swordfighting, you can fight me. I... don't get hurt very easily."

Jim explains his wares to Feyri and also offers the technical document if she wants to read it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7522 on: September 21, 2012, 06:58:13 pm »

Feyri grinned with the idea of fighting Jim in a real sword-fight, enjoyed by the thought of training with him. (is the faceplate retractable into it's opening?).

"Arming Sword, my friend! I've always wanted to practice with a hand-and-a-half weapon!

"Do you think we could spar right here? Under the old terms of a duel, first to draw blood and what not?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7523 on: September 21, 2012, 07:09:32 pm »

"...I'm not sure I bleed at all," Jim admitted, his emoticon becoming a question mark. "That would be quite unfair if so. Maybe we should just go by a point system and try to hit each other with the flat of the blade. One point for limbs, two for the body, three for the head, that kind of thing," he suggested.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7524 on: September 21, 2012, 07:25:36 pm »

((@piecewise Welcome back! :)
@IronyOwl Well, ever since I understood that the number of small blocks that fit along the bars' width is actually one less than amount of points to get to the next level in the respective category, I particularly liked the second version (the third line in the pic), though the original, less detailed one still has its appeal; as for the first version, I'm afraid the attribute point bars are too thin to discern them easily. ))
Uh... thank you, Milno. Whatever the reasons are, thank you; I will spend them wisely.
Collect my tokens, then go to the armory and ask for painting supplies and, if possible, a painting manual.
May I ask you for some brushes, a set of paints and a piece of canvas? Suddenly, I feel like trying my hand at art. Oh, and do you, by any chance, have any books about painting?
The armory master hands you some paints and a several canvases

"We don't have anything about painting I'm afraid. You might be able to find someone who can teach you though."

Make Milnos armor 1/2 as thick, except head and torso, cut those to 2/3s. Is the price just what math says?

Cooled is liquid cooled, all the gadgets powered via backpack. Tubes just below 1 inch layer of metal. Is that what I scrapped?
Yeah, modify the camera. Get a price check on the Milno style helmet with telescopic view and infared. Check the cooled armor and base Milno armor.

Camera is gonna be like 2 token, your cooled armor..well that depends on the cooling method since you scrapped that internally liquid cooled thing, and I forgot how much I made milno pay for his armor...it wasn't cheap though. I think all in all it was like 13 token. I'll have to read back.

edit: here's what I told milno for the cost of armoring.

Back plate is 3, helmet is 1, pauldrons are 2, shin pads are 1 each, upper leg is 3, forearm plates are 1, knuckle pads are 1 for both hands, and knee guards are 1 for both knees. Upper arm is gonna be 1 each.

((Approximately 14.5, with a camera that has infrared, light-vision and binocular view. Thanks Caellath.))
"This one, miss."
Purchase armor, check for compensator cost.
Do you still want it liquid cooled because I don't remember us ever coming to an agreement about what that entails. However if you just want what amounts to a thinner milno armor set then thats easy peasy. As per the decompensator costs, the cheapest is 5, the most expensive is 20.

Hand her two tokens and the arm, go to medical and get the HMRC-grade one, then go back and get it installed.

And, how much would it be for a kilogram bock of... I think it was called Aster-EX? Some kind of demolitions-grade plastique? and a couple of detonators for such that I can use with my wristpad? Also, here's that hand laser I got, returning unused.

Return the hand laser.
(you don't have a hand laser on my sheet.)
You get the new arm installed before heading back to the armory master and asking about the explosives.
"Kilo? oh, 2 tokens, 3 if you want the long range detonators."

"Mostly, I wanted to know if the amps gather relevant information about the surroundings, and if so, whether that info can be accessed. Even if it were just a heat image in my case, I think it would have been helpful in that abyss, if only for the potential to catch a shade. I gather it's not easily done, if it is possible at all, but I thought the question is worth asking."

>Thats a bit of a tricky one. By necessity they must gather information because they have to know when they've reached the entered temperature, for instance. However, how they get this data and that data itself isn't accessible. It's a bother.

"Son of a bitch. Maybe he's in back? Eh, might as well check it out."

Head to the back room. Check to see if the door is unlocked.

((The back room is the gym, but Cog doesn't know that.))
(the area behind the infirmary has lots of rooms, the gym being one of them)
The door to the back is locked. Hmm.

Noticing that Simus had already left, Faith began typing her a message on her writspad.

Code: [Select]
So, that's your good judgement, eh? Immediately jump on the tokens, ignore what everyone has said to hand them out as he sees fit, then tell everyone tough luck if they don't like it.

What was it you said I would have done, again? "My way or the highway?" Please explain Milno's reasonable superiority to me now.

"Well, lesson learned- always grab the tokens before Milno can."

Try to find the Doctor. When that fails, head to VR Tinker.

Call up those force javelin gauntlets I was working on a long time ago, examine them in more detail and test them out against a human dummy, robot dummy, concrete and steel walls, and a battlesuit.

((If you don't remember, they were essentially fist-mounted versions of the Doctor's force gun, with the force shaped into a point.))
I remember the principle and the general design but did we ever work out how powerful the blow to be amplified was? Even at relatively low powers humans won't stand a chance, assuming you're relatively close. At higher powers you have it don't more damage but it can also destroy the glove. Thats the big issue; if it can destroy a battlesuit's armor then you need something stronger then a battlesuit to direct the blast.

"Thanks!"
Head back to Tinker, load up a Mk.II suit and add an internal layer of rubber, thin enough that motion doesn't become hindered.  Then see how much electricity it can handle.
Important points:
should he rubber coating be outside the suit or inside
where should there be gaps in the coating
where should the electricity hit

((Welp, still need to go back and find noobstats (why did I delete my record of all their signups? Whyyyyyy), but as far as active veterans I'm mostly done updating. Just a few more to go.

In related news:

May is only listed as -1 to Intuition from a lack of skill points in it, but by her class she should be at -2.

I went with Thomas' first levelup (5 Will, 3 Con) because it sounded like PW did also.

Milno and Travis still need to levelup, or else I missed it. Have Faith, Feyri, Maurice, Simus, Chin, Mason's levelup but not base stats, May, and Thomas. That should just leave Milno and Travis.

Apparently Ivan's cheatsheet was excessively generous or something; I'm catching all sorts of -1s on his regular sheet that I didn't have before.

I figured out how to differentiate between class and skill penalties kind of late, so if somebody's missing little skill bars where they ought to have them, let me know about it.))
This is what I have for ivan. This doesn't count his infection stats.
Ivan
+1 intuition and con weap.
-1 handiwork and med. 
1/3 strength, dex, handiwork 2/3 con wep.

Gauss rifle (5-shot)(Laser rifle battery slot grafted on)
SHotgun (5 rounds)
pain killer
hand laser (20 sec)

Head to Rec room, examine for important entities and signs.
There aren't really any signs, save for the menu ordering board, but it looks like there's a sparring ring over in one corner, and jim is selling swords and pills in another.

"Jim!"

Feyri strode up to the man, conscious about how she might appear until she remembered that she was in her MK I suit. She examined the color of her suit anyway.

She complimented him on the work of the items presented for sale, and... examined his wares. (Yes, he's got an arming sword but...what else?  :P)

"Steve, do you have any manuscripts of textual copies of how they trained swordplay in the archaic Earth? I partly remember that there is where we learned how to play with these things," she said, tapping the hilt of her tesla sword, "Or...even a simulation room perhaps, for live training that won't kill?"

Hiya Jim, ask Steve!
(your suit is gray unless you paint it)
Looks like he's got an Arming Sword, a Reiterpallasch and a cutlass.
>Probably should ask the armory master about books, but as per "Live trial" things no, nothing beyond the vr machine. They tried holodecks but everyone just kept walking into the wall.

Feyri grinned with the idea of fighting Jim in a real sword-fight, enjoyed by the thought of training with him. (is the faceplate retractable into it's opening?).

"Arming Sword, my friend! I've always wanted to practice with a hand-and-a-half weapon!

"Do you think we could spar right here? Under the old terms of a duel, first to draw blood and what not?"

(not retractable, but it opens by sliding up and over onto the top of the head. The bucket helmet of the MK suits is inspired by the helmet design of the suits in PlanetES (http://img319.imageshack.us/img319/9801/planetes1lg.jpg)
So thats a pretty good representation. )

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7525 on: September 21, 2012, 07:27:50 pm »

Just a smaller Milno suit, please. What's the functions of the different compensators?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7526 on: September 21, 2012, 07:31:43 pm »

((HAH! I knew it was something in that form or style of suit! Thanks you muchly Piecewise!))

Permanently open faceplate.

"Then here's your token for that sword, and another token for keeping it in good condition." Feyri said with a smile.

+2 tokens to JIM. -2 tokens to FEYRI

"So...let's train here then! I'll turn the blade like so, if this is how you hold it by the hilt, and...well, who makes the first move?"

Sword-spar with Jim!

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7527 on: September 21, 2012, 07:33:23 pm »

((Knew you'd say that, which is why I prepared this quote:

4 Tokens? A little steep, but, then again, this is a custom job. So, alright.

Hand over the tokens and arm in question.

Also, can I get a Hand Laser... and a pipe wrench?
The armory master takes your robo-arm after handing you your tool and hand laser.

"Stay here, I'll be back in a few minutes." She says before heading into the back.
))

I'll buy a kilo of it then, how many detonators come with it? Oh, and here's the new arm for the blade.

Give the AM the new arm for blade installation and receive explosives.

((Also, you know, just thinking out loud here, but that wristblade would make an excellent on-ship assassination weapon. Approach target from behind, hold cybernetic arm up to their neck, aiming blade between vertebrae, and slice! Instant spinal cord sever. Won't know what hit them, unless the dice decide to screw it up.))
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 09:24:20 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #7528 on: September 21, 2012, 07:39:14 pm »

Well, an INTERNAL layer should probably not go on the outside... but I suppose if there are going to be gaps in the suit, there's not too much of a point.  Try and figure out a different way of insulating the suit.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7529 on: September 21, 2012, 07:40:09 pm »

Go poke around in the Infirmary, looking for Renen.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 2101