_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5926443 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Arts and Crafts
« Reply #7500 on: September 21, 2012, 02:49:30 pm »

((Will deal with current events later. Right now I have more pressing concerns.))

((Basically, when I started this chart thingy, it was intended to be a practical chart; ie record someone's literal, practical stats, not their potential or something. In that vein, I wasn't really interested in precise scores, just resulting bonuses.

As it turns out, however, this makes it incredibly difficult to update when people level up; I suppose I could wait until everyone does so and then wait for PW to update the cheatsheets, but that seems unnecessarily roundabout, especially since for the players, these charts are filling more or less the same function. As a side bonus, I'll admit that knowing whether someone has 5 or 9 in a stat could be potentially relevant, even if it's still the same +1/3 bonus.

So as you can see up there, I'm currently experimenting with different ways to signify additional points in something that doesn't quite yield a bonus. I'm also experimenting with hexes on the side, but it's not working too well, I don't think.

So, opinions? At first I liked the first (altered) one better, but the second is a lot easier to actually read, and I'll admit it's grown on me somewhat. The sheet is Simus' updated one, with classic, infoless style for comparison at the top.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7501 on: September 21, 2012, 03:28:26 pm »

>Sure, ask the armory master Miss Prude. You humans and your strange desire to hide perfectly normal anatomical features.

:-\

"Disembodied men..."

((Hmm...let's see if my speech has changed ^^))

Request Thomas my stuff back, as Simus seems to be willing to give back everything he got from me.
[Speech:6]
"Hey Thomas, give me my damn pill back or I'll tear off your head and give it to May to use as a...what every she would use a head as."

+1 Str
+3 Will
+1 Int

+3 Exotic, cause that's what I have left in equipment.
((My level-up for Irony))

Zzz. Dream of competent, nongreedy people.
[will: 4-100 for impossibility]

You dream of all your teammates. You wake up screaming.

((@IronyOwl Maurice's level-up: all the blue boxes turned to green, Uncon went from +2/3 to full +1

@Piecewise Hmmm, theoretically speaking, if we had a pill that permanently dulls the pain as it is perceived directly in the brain, would it weaken/negate the drawback of the medi'tech genetic upgrade mentioned before (the increased empathy one), or would it just altogether negate the effects of the said genetic upgrade? ))

In case I still have something belonging to another teammate, return the items.
Maurice just sat silently and slowly nodded at times as the discussion went on.
Plan ahead... oh, the serial killer mission. Been there, done that.
(Not really, because the empathic thing is all psychological. The genetic treatment actually changes how your brain works more then anything else.)

((In my wall of text I had Travis pose a question to the Armory Master))
Fucking hell internet, you stole my text. I know I posted that. Anyways.

"You can regenerate natural flesh, but it's a very slow and painful process. Especially over large amounts of flesh"

"[...]Oh by the way, I was intrigued with your idea for a combat shield. How'd you make your current one and how'd it turn out?"
"It turned out just as you'd expect, I guess. I didn't use it for it to be efficient. But one thing is certain. The plastic combat shield does not provide substantial defence against tesla weaponry, such as sabres."

((I forgot to thank you for typing out that much info, so thank you muchly. You too, PW. Also, did someone loot Simus? Apologies for my questions, RL is being hectic...))

Shifting to an open channel, "Steve, is there any place on this ship where real-time combat drills are done? The VR is stocked with fun and all, but I'd like to hone my sword-play. Wouldn't want to...hit a metallic tree again, that I somehow had selective hearing as a side-effect..."

Ask Steve, high-five Faith!

(Just posting to say I might not be around (99% likelihood) for the next few days. Also, if anyone wants to buy anything from Jim, both swords are one token, pill is three. Later. ^^^)
((Someone, introduce me to this fine man! D:))
>I guess you could just, I dunno, attack random people on the ship. We tend not to have live combat drills in real life because, well, they have this habit of killing people.

Go to the armory master and ask whether there is sandworm available and also ask for spices that can be used to season the sandworm.
"Why does everyone keep asking about sandworms and spice? Sandworms taste like crap."

Swap the sword's arm. Push the arm in his grip and then pull to make the doc lose balance. Slash at his arms. If he stands, aim a kick to his legs and a slash to the head.
[dex:3]
[doc dex:5]
You try to toss the sword to your other hand but the doctor twists your arm and proceeds to shove you to the ground. He takes a step back, idly twirling his scalpel in the other hand.

"Again."

"I see... I've felt... odd... ever since I've gotten here, and it's only gotten stranger since that last jump.  I feel disconnected, and like there are things in my head I'm not doing.  Oh sure, I'm used to the Gazer speaking to me, but this is different.  And I... can't hear Him as well.   It's disturbing.

Have you heard of anything like that?"

Ask

"Well, this place does have a habit of making people psychotic. Not sure why. I suggest thinking out exactly what you're gonna say before saying it. Otherwise things seem to get lost. Or become crazy."

((@People: Warning you that the GM may take longer to post due to fatigue and the fact he went to sleep very late.

Also, dividing the tokens is not so easy.

@GM: Sorry for taking so long, by the way.))

"Well, tokens will be divided this way: Chin two, Travis one, Feyri one, Faith one, May one, Simus two, Thomas two, Maurice three, Mason zero - do not cause so much trouble to the group so early next time - and I got two for me. Worst Medic would get more if she hadn't simply ignored the agreement the team had reached about the pitted lands and if the people she patched up hadn't been in almost their entirety the ones she directly or indirectly wounded through her actions. What a pity." Milno said, dividing the tokens with the people. "If any of you feel like you deserved more, too bad."

Tokens are divided: Chin 2, Travis 1, Feyri 1, Faith 1, May 1, Simus 2, Thomas 2, Maurice 3, Milno 2.

"I'm giving three to the Doc because it seems he likes going around distributing his and also due to the fact cutting Faith's hand off is deserving of a bonus."

((Problems with posting things without being unfair, although Milno is not exactly the most just person in the universe...At least he's not a token-grabber like Faith.))
Alright, this is how I am dividing them. Cue the in-fighting.
Current totals now:
chin:7
Travis 14
Feyri: 6
Faith: 14
May: 14
Simus:8
Thomas:14
Maurice:11
Milno:22

Feyri glanced at the others before standing up and thanking Faith, along with whoever else is holding her weaponry and that blue pill.

"To not keep Steve waiting, our busy AI he is, I'll check the Recreation room for anything important."

Head to Rec room, examine for important entities and signs.
There aren't really any signs, save for the menu ordering board, but it looks like there's a sparring ring over in one corner, and jim is selling swords and pills in another.

Name: Floki Dannkeyer (Alias "Boots" Floki)
Appearance: A tall guy, broad-shouldered, rangy and muscular with battered knuckles, a bony jaw and fiercely hooked nose. His white-blond hair is worn drawn back into a ponytail, and he has large, dramatic sideburns stretching down his jawline in the same colour.
Skillfully tattooed across his right pectoral is a large, bright image of a Strolg (a genetically engineered, domesticated creature common on his homeworld, looking somewhere between a rhinocerous and a dog) twisted into human form, with a cruel cartoony grin, a battelaxe clutched in one hand and what appears to be a cabbage held in the other. Beneath this is a small scroll with 'Cabbage Street Strolgs' written across it, apparently some kind of gang insignia.

Personal information:
Reason assigned to HMRC: Kidnapping a Magister's daughter, in addition to various acts of armed robbery, vandalism and arson across half a sector as a member of the 'Cabbage Street Strolgs', not to mention accessory to several murders.

Stats: (see below)
Strength: 7
Dexterity: 5
Endurance: 5
Charisma: 3
Intelligence: 0
Willpower: 0

Skills:
Unconventional Weapons: 5

Profession: Technician (+1 Handiwork, -1 Exotic Weapons)

((Hopefully this is okay. It's getting near 2AM and I'm sick of working on it for now. :P
I need mah ER fix! Also I tried hard not to just make a Charro v2.))
Got it. Also, next time actually fill all the skills and stuff in even if they're zero. It makes creating the cheat sheets and actual stat sheets easier.

Also, your nick name is Boots with is the name of either a cat or a monkey. So I will call you "Scrambles".

Spoiler: The Long Version (click to show/hide)

"So yeah, that's about it. Travis ran away at every opportunity, May did almost nothing, Milno ran his childish mouth off a lot and refused to do anything except rescue teammates, and everyone lost limbs.

As for fleshteching, yes, there was a lot of call for that. Some people seemed more appreciative than others, however," she finished, sounding a tad sour.
"Aww. I almost forgot too..."
Go to the AM, purchase the armor using the tokens earned from gambling and missioning. Also, return any gear possibly borrowed from another inmate.
Be a bit more specific sir, we have lots of armor.

I'll be in VR, the medical bay, or at the armory for a while, if anyone needs me.

Go to VR and enter Tinker, pull up the designs for the Wristblade, modify with a tungsten carbide (or future equivalent) blade edge where the blade isn't monoatomic wire so that it can cut through effectively anything without major dulling of the blade, then save, link it to my wristpad, and head to the medical bay to get my prosthetic arm replaced with HMRC-grade, but keep the old one.
(just bare in mind that 1.Carbide is very hard and as such, brittle, 2. not dulling easily doesn't mean cutting easier. )

You adjust the schematic and head off to the infirmary but they promptly reject you.

"You've still got a working arm there. Come back when you actually need a new one."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7502 on: September 21, 2012, 03:58:27 pm »

"Hey Steve, where's Renen?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #7503 on: September 21, 2012, 04:05:40 pm »

"No no no don't cut of myaaayyy...." Gorat wakes up with a jolt, then rubs his eyes. "So much for trying to rest. Eh, may as well do something hopefully productive. Steve, are the scientists available to speak to, or who should I talk to about amps and fibertronics (or however they are called right now)?" After asking, he lights a blue smoke cigarette.

((I think the second sheet seems more informative, Irony.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7504 on: September 21, 2012, 04:06:55 pm »

((I'm sure Jim would be happy to fix that arm problem for you.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7505 on: September 21, 2012, 04:10:26 pm »

((Actually, I just did a bit of research, looks like D2 steel would be a better option, great wear resistance, almost-stainlessness, and good toughness. Now I actually think on it, Tungsten carbide will stay sharp, sure, but it'll chip a good bit too.))

Head back to VR, replace Tungsten carbide with D2 steel (or future equivalent), save the design on the wristpad, then go to the armory.

Got another job for my wristblade, but this time, I won't need the arm back, I'm going to get a non-civilian grade one to put it back into while you make the modification and repair. How many tokens?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7506 on: September 21, 2012, 04:21:55 pm »

"Oh, sorry. The armor I designed. The thinner version of the Milno plate?"
Show her the armor designed before the last mission. See how much a CON compensator costs.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 04:26:52 pm by Spinal_Taper »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7507 on: September 21, 2012, 04:34:00 pm »

"Hey Steve, where's Renen?"
>In the back of the infirmary with the Doctor.

"No no no don't cut of myaaayyy...." Gorat wakes up with a jolt, then rubs his eyes. "So much for trying to rest. Eh, may as well do something hopefully productive. Steve, are the scientists available to speak to, or who should I talk to about amps and fibertronics (or however they are called right now)?" After asking, he lights a blue smoke cigarette.

((I think the second sheet seems more informative, Irony.))
You strike the self lighting tip of your cigarette against the wall and lay on our back, blowing smoke rings.

>What would you like to know?

((Actually, I just did a bit of research, looks like D2 steel would be a better option, great wear resistance, almost-stainlessness, and good toughness. Now I actually think on it, Tungsten carbide will stay sharp, sure, but it'll chip a good bit too.))

Head back to VR, replace Tungsten carbide with D2 steel (or future equivalent), save the design on the wristpad, then go to the armory.

Got another job for my wristblade, but this time, I won't need the arm back, I'm going to get a non-civilian grade one to put it back into while you make the modification and repair. How many tokens?
"1 for the blade, 1 for the work." the armory master says with a shrug.

"Oh, sorry. The armor I designed. The thinner version of the Milno plate?"
Show her the armor designed before the last mission. See how much a CON compensator costs.
Do you remember if I gave you a cost estimate? If so a link to it would be nice, because i don't remember.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7508 on: September 21, 2012, 04:34:23 pm »

"What. Brain fart. Eh, I can finish this later. Off to see the Doc."

Exit VR, and head to the medbay. Search for Herr Doktor.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7509 on: September 21, 2012, 04:36:39 pm »

"What. Brain fart. Eh, I can finish this later. Off to see the Doc."

Exit VR, and head to the medbay. Search for Herr Doktor.
You head to the Infirmary and look around but can't find the Doctor anywhere.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7510 on: September 21, 2012, 04:39:29 pm »

((@piecewise Welcome back! :)
@IronyOwl Well, ever since I understood that the number of small blocks that fit along the bars' width is actually one less than amount of points to get to the next level in the respective category, I particularly liked the second version (the third line in the pic), though the original, less detailed one still has its appeal; as for the first version, I'm afraid the attribute point bars are too thin to discern them easily. ))
Uh... thank you, Milno. Whatever the reasons are, thank you; I will spend them wisely.
Collect my tokens, then go to the armory and ask for painting supplies and, if possible, a painting manual.
May I ask you for some brushes, a set of paints and a piece of canvas? Suddenly, I feel like trying my hand at art. Oh, and do you, by any chance, have any books about painting?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Hightech death machines before hos
« Reply #7511 on: September 21, 2012, 04:43:01 pm »

Make Milnos armor 1/2 as thick, except head and torso, cut those to 2/3s. Is the price just what math says?

Cooled is liquid cooled, all the gadgets powered via backpack. Tubes just below 1 inch layer of metal. Is that what I scrapped?
Yeah, modify the camera. Get a price check on the Milno style helmet with telescopic view and infared. Check the cooled armor and base Milno armor.

Camera is gonna be like 2 token, your cooled armor..well that depends on the cooling method since you scrapped that internally liquid cooled thing, and I forgot how much I made milno pay for his armor...it wasn't cheap though. I think all in all it was like 13 token. I'll have to read back.

edit: here's what I told milno for the cost of armoring.

Back plate is 3, helmet is 1, pauldrons are 2, shin pads are 1 each, upper leg is 3, forearm plates are 1, knuckle pads are 1 for both hands, and knee guards are 1 for both knees. Upper arm is gonna be 1 each.

((Approximately 14.5, with a camera that has infrared, light-vision and binocular view. Thanks Caellath.))
"This one, miss."
Purchase armor, check for compensator cost.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 04:57:27 pm by Spinal_Taper »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7512 on: September 21, 2012, 04:47:15 pm »

Hand her two tokens and the arm, go to medical and get the HMRC-grade one, then go back and get it installed.

And, how much would it be for a kilogram bock of... I think it was called Aster-EX? Some kind of demolitions-grade plastique? and a couple of detonators for such that I can use with my wristpad? Also, here's that hand laser I got, returning unused.

Return the hand laser.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 04:48:52 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #7513 on: September 21, 2012, 04:50:55 pm »

"Mostly, I wanted to know if the amps gather relevant information about the surroundings, and if so, whether that info can be accessed. Even if it were just a heat image in my case, I think it would have been helpful in that abyss, if only for the potential to catch a shade. I gather it's not easily done, if it is possible at all, but I thought the question is worth asking."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7514 on: September 21, 2012, 04:51:02 pm »

((@Spinal_Taper: Aside from what he said in that post, there are also the chestplate for 3 tokens and the pelvic plate for 2 more tokens.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 2101