_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5927163 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Arts and Crafts
« Reply #7440 on: September 20, 2012, 06:43:12 pm »

((Don't forget Crazy! It seems to spread like wildfire.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7441 on: September 20, 2012, 06:45:25 pm »

"Cheetos."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7442 on: September 20, 2012, 07:29:05 pm »

((I think that's less a disease and more an ambient feature. Might be analogous to temperature.))

"Oh that funny story, I didn't want tobe completely useles so i put a timer on my pod, ran-sacked the house, stole some journels, made a cheese roll and was sick..... I was so ninja like it was un-believeable."
Faith's face twitched towards angry for a moment before calming back down to neutral.

"Mason, that's wrong," she said, as though speaking to a child. "Robbing the houses of people who are helping you is the sort of thing that gets you shot in the stomach."

Faith, listen to what you just said: 'Didn't you die before the mission even really started?'

That right there is my argument with paying the people who died before the tower for the camera reward.

And again, what you have just said: 'The disturbance, if it was going to be dangerous for anyone, would be dangerous for me.'

And you had the camera on you, therefore, it would have been dangerous to it.

And I trust Milno because right now, he could be taking it all for himself, instead, he's listening to us about how it should be split. Had you gotten it first, it would have been your way or the highway, I'm sure.

"I understand your argument and disagree with the premises it's based on, for reasons I've already stated. Do you understand mine?

Fair enough on the camera, but you can't complain about it being dangerous for the whole team and claim it was safe with you at the same time.

And really? Milno leaped on the tokens and is now divvying them as he sees fit while stroking a gun, and this is proof that he's reasonable. Gosh! If I'd known grabbing them all first and then admiring my berserk button while I decide where to put them would have made me a responsible veteran with good judgement in your eyes, I'd have been more than happy to. You should have told me."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7443 on: September 20, 2012, 07:48:41 pm »

Berserk button? Actually, no, irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Point is, long as I've been here, which is to say, not very long, Milno has proven to be one of the most level-headed in the group, and while you think there's something up with him having his gun out, I don't blame you. Quite personally, I don't like it either, but what he could be doing is far worse than what he is doing, which so far, is having us discuss who gets the tokens for the data.

Also, I understand your argument for the people that got put in stasis early. As far as I can understand your argument, it is: they were being helpful until a possibly helpful but stupid decision or another team member rendered them unable to help. My counter to that is that they weren't helpful for very long, we were only at the second area of 7 that we visited, second area of 13 total. That's not long enough to earn much from the data recorded, in my opinion.

Also, if what happened in the pitted lands were to be centered on you, it would've been safer with any of us. I was being proactive by mitigating that at the expense of what happened. As I'm not clairvoyant, it was a logical decision at the time.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7444 on: September 20, 2012, 08:04:57 pm »

((Can someone give me a recap? I was gone for two days and I don't feel like reading.  :'())

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7445 on: September 20, 2012, 08:06:24 pm »

((The main character died and this is just the Epilogue.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7446 on: September 20, 2012, 08:17:48 pm »

((So the next mission is starting? Do I need to post on that thread in order to get the game rolling?))

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7447 on: September 20, 2012, 08:28:26 pm »

((Orb version for the last two days (patent pending). Make sure to read in a silly, girly voice:))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 08:34:07 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7448 on: September 20, 2012, 08:33:33 pm »

((Orb version for the last two days (patent pending). Make sure to read in a silly, girly voice:))

((... Orb, I will be invoicing you for the sheer number of my neurons that died reading that.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7449 on: September 20, 2012, 08:34:20 pm »

((... Orb, I will be invoicing you for the sheer number of my neurons that died reading that.))
TRUELY IT WAS GLORIOUS

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7450 on: September 20, 2012, 08:51:24 pm »

((I think that's less a disease and more an ambient feature. Might be analogous to temperature.))

"Oh that funny story, I didn't want tobe completely useles so i put a timer on my pod, ran-sacked the house, stole some journels, made a cheese roll and was sick..... I was so ninja like it was un-believeable."
Faith's face twitched towards angry for a moment before calming back down to neutral.

"Mason, that's wrong," she said, as though speaking to a child. "Robbing the houses of people who are helping you is the sort of thing that gets you shot in the stomach."

Faith, listen to what you just said: 'Didn't you die before the mission even really started?'

That right there is my argument with paying the people who died before the tower for the camera reward.

And again, what you have just said: 'The disturbance, if it was going to be dangerous for anyone, would be dangerous for me.'

And you had the camera on you, therefore, it would have been dangerous to it.

And I trust Milno because right now, he could be taking it all for himself, instead, he's listening to us about how it should be split. Had you gotten it first, it would have been your way or the highway, I'm sure.

"I understand your argument and disagree with the premises it's based on, for reasons I've already stated. Do you understand mine?

Fair enough on the camera, but you can't complain about it being dangerous for the whole team and claim it was safe with you at the same time.

And really? Milno leaped on the tokens and is now divvying them as he sees fit while stroking a gun, and this is proof that he's reasonable. Gosh! If I'd known grabbing them all first and then admiring my berserk button while I decide where to put them would have made me a responsible veteran with good judgement in your eyes, I'd have been more than happy to. You should have told me."

Berserk button? Actually, no, irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Point is, long as I've been here, which is to say, not very long, Milno has proven to be one of the most level-headed in the group, and while you think there's something up with him having his gun out, I don't blame you. Quite personally, I don't like it either, but what he could be doing is far worse than what he is doing, which so far, is having us discuss who gets the tokens for the data.

Also, I understand your argument for the people that got put in stasis early. As far as I can understand your argument, it is: they were being helpful until a possibly helpful but stupid decision or another team member rendered them unable to help. My counter to that is that they weren't helpful for very long, we were only at the second area of 7 that we visited, second area of 13 total. That's not long enough to earn much from the data recorded, in my opinion.

Also, if what happened in the pitted lands were to be centered on you, it would've been safer with any of us. I was being proactive by mitigating that at the expense of what happened. As I'm not clairvoyant, it was a logical decision at the time.

"Why are we fighting? I don't like fighting. We're convicts on a suicide mission currently in a time of recuperation. Shouldn't we be smoking and having sex?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7451 on: September 20, 2012, 08:55:39 pm »

"Why are we fighting? I don't like fighting. We're convicts on a suicide mission currently in a time of recuperation. Shouldn't we be smoking and having sex?"
"Oh you..."
Thomas lights up a cigarette mid-swoon.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7452 on: September 20, 2012, 09:31:30 pm »

Milno stops drumming his fingers on the gauss rifle on his lap for a while, staring at Simus.

"Since you haven't been here for long, here is the explanation for her berserk button: Worst Medic was possessed by something in one of our missions that is still inside her. She starts to hit harder and move faster, turning into a frenzied killing machine in the process of awakening it. There is a system inside her preventing it from going off on its on, but she can activate it if she wants to." he completes, grinning behind his faceplate.

"On the gauss rifle? Well, if I wanted to shoot someone, don't you think I would have done it already?" he says as if it was obvious, shrugging.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 09:45:13 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7453 on: September 20, 2012, 09:39:03 pm »

Lars was troubled.  None of the patients even acknowledged him, even the one with all the new limbs- he just ran off to get debriefed.  Further, something odd was going on in his head.  Something strange about posts...?  What does that even mean?

It's the stasis.  It has to be.  It's interfering with his connection to the Gazer.

Ever since he had gotten here, he had felt a disconnect, but this most recent trip through stasis had made it worse.  Now he felt... alone.  Had this happened before?  Could he cure it before it got worse?  Surely someone would know... perhaps the lady in the armory?

He'd have to ask.

Ask the AM for information about the effects of stasis and time dilation on the human mind.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7454 on: September 20, 2012, 09:48:52 pm »

Going off the fact that she's obviously been doing her best to stay calm this entire time, I'd assume that anger, or, at the very least, strong emotion acts as the non-consenting trigger?

And, as you said, if you were going to shoot, you would've shot by now. One of the possibilities I meant when I said what you could be doing is far worse than what you are doing. Still slightly unnerving, though.
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 2101