_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5929121 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Arts and Crafts
« Reply #7425 on: September 20, 2012, 05:09:36 pm »

Level Up:

+5 Dex

+2 Med
+1 Aux

Action: Go see Thomas.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7426 on: September 20, 2012, 05:10:23 pm »

(( Additional tokens for being a medic? Being (sort of, but still) praised by Steve? Have I somehow slipped into a different universe without noticing the fact?))
Aw. Thanks, Steve. Also, good to know they had nothing to say about the air samples.

Now, Faith, I know that you've been doing your job well too, so, if you feel it fairer that way we could split the medic award evenly. Too bad I didn't find much good alien stuff though.
Maurice joked.

As for the camera tokens, I must admit that I didn't contribute much to the filming process, so I can hardly expect to get even as much as a token from that. I'll just entrust my vote on the token distribution to Milno's wisdom as well.
Casually lean back in my seat.
((Level up: +2 Str, +2 Cha, +1 Will; +3 Uncon))
Oh, very glad to see you up and active again, Thomas. Maurice smiled happily to him as he entered the room.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7427 on: September 20, 2012, 05:10:45 pm »

Level Up:

+5 Dex

+2 Med
+1 Aux

Action: Go see Thomas.
((He's in the briefing room, and I think May is as well.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7428 on: September 20, 2012, 05:14:28 pm »

"Well, the camera was part of the mission. The protectors of the team also protected the camera, and the saviors saved people who acted as alternative targets."
"That much I agree with, which is why I say Travis and May get nothing. I just object to ignoring what actually gave the camera its value in favor of some arbitrary definition of useful."

"That's exactly the point. Saves us the trouble of determining who of us ****ed up the least."
Faith raised her eyebrow again. "...isn't that awfully lazy? I mean, we might as well do a coinflip and at least have fewer problems from it, if we were going to just ignore everything on the mission."

"Oh, it's nothing bad. Just someone compensating for me screwing up again. It's good that you did, honestly.
"More importantly, that was the only way we knew of to save your life. Well, technically not maybe your life, exactly, but you'd have been a shadow puppet forever probably.

...what was that like, by the way?"

Now, Faith, I know that you've been doing your job well too, so, if you feel it fairer that way we could split the medic award evenly. Too bad I didn't find much good alien stuff though. Maurice joked.
Faith shot Maurice a sideways glance.

"It would, but I can hardly expect you to compensate for Steve. Or the rest of the team, for that matter."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7429 on: September 20, 2012, 05:16:28 pm »

You endangered it and the rest of the team in the first place. I grabbed it from you because you had the idiotic idea to punch the ground in an area we were warned was dangerous. We had no idea what was to happen, only that it would be unpleasant, and possibly centered upon the disturbance, ie. you. The latter part being my reasoning, and I do believe that others will agree that the logic was fairly sound.

As for the people podded early, several were from plain idiotic decisions, although I will admit, the guy Travis shot surely doesn't count nearly as much for that factor. But, the fact of the matter is, they did less than half of the mission and then got to wait it out in stasis while the rest of us carried on and actually got the valuable data. Thomas, you are excluded from that category, you did make it to the tower, and your decision was not unintelligent, merely uninformed - as all of us would have been.

And Gorat - saying we should spar over it is a little counterproductive, as that would be weighted in the favor of veterans, cybernetically enhanced, and those with built-in weapons that fall in the second category - I mention this because I do not favor having an unfair advantage with mine, and surely I'm not the only one here with such a thing. And that list is from the heaviest weight to lowest.

Simus looks over at Milno's sharpened pseudo-talons as she talks about cybernetic weapons.

Even worsley weighted for the guy with all three of the above.

Also, just a note - Milno is the most veteran of us, along being the most helpful, if a little on the sharp-tongued side. I trust his judgement.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 05:19:29 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #7430 on: September 20, 2012, 05:26:38 pm »

"You did catch the part where I said that right now I have no desire to talk money, right? I have even less desire right now to weigh cutting off feet against bandaging slicing wounds, or jumping out of a window against hauling the deceased to their only hope, or cutting a teammate's limbs off with heat disks against carrying the camera for a while.

Anyway, thanks, Thomas. I'll just go rest for a while. Once you guys decide on anything, just someone bring me the share you decide upon, if any.
"

Go to my bed and try to sleep a bit.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7431 on: September 20, 2012, 05:39:00 pm »

Don't worry, tokens are not that important, in the end.
Fetch Faith a token.
Say, Faith,  Maurice turned to look directly into Faith's eyes Have you ever seen our beloved - and rightfully feared - Mistress Medicine? Have you ever felt Her by your side, guiding your hand, giving you the knowledge and the confidence to do your job, to save lives? Because I have. And that is what really matters.
.  .  .
Just kidding.
Maurice burst into cheerful laughter as he resumed his relaxed posture.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7432 on: September 20, 2012, 05:50:19 pm »

"Hey Steve what about the living brothers notes.... that i stole, also Travis if you had been paying attention you would have seen that you shot me because you wanted to, don't bother hiding your feelings now i will ask once more, how much for the gun?"
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7433 on: September 20, 2012, 05:51:16 pm »

You endangered it and the rest of the team in the first place. I grabbed it from you because you had the idiotic idea to punch the ground in an area we were warned was dangerous. We had no idea what was to happen, only that it would be unpleasant, and possibly centered upon the disturbance, ie. you. The latter part being my reasoning, and I do believe that others will agree that the logic was fairly sound.

As for the people podded early, several were from plain idiotic decisions, although I will admit, the guy Travis shot surely doesn't count nearly as much for that factor. But, the fact of the matter is, they did less than half of the mission and then got to wait it out in stasis while the rest of us carried on and actually got the valuable data. Thomas, you are excluded from that category, you did make it to the tower, and your decision was not unintelligent, merely uninformed - as all of us would have been.

And Gorat - saying we should spar over it is a little counterproductive, as that would be weighted in the favor of veterans, cybernetically enhanced, and those with built-in weapons that fall in the second category - I mention this because I do not favor having an unfair advantage with mine, and surely I'm not the only one here with such a thing. And that list is from the heaviest weight to lowest.

Simus looks over at Milno's sharpened pseudo-talons as she talks about cybernetic weapons.

Even worsley weighted for the guy with all three of the above.

Also, just a note - Milno is the most veteran of us, along being the most helpful, if a little on the sharp-tongued side. I trust his judgement.

"I told you you could run if you wanted to, as you all had ample time to, and as you've said, the disturbance, if it was going to be dangerous for anyone, would be dangerous for me. Your logic was flawed, irrationally paranoid, and ultimately wrong; the antlion cascade was only incidentally dangerous and absolutely critical to our understanding of that place.

The podded people, as I've said, were trying; if making poor choices was enough to disqualify you, who exactly on this mission would deserve tokens? I'd argue that Feyri accidentally electrocuting herself to death wasn't any different from Thomas accidentally becoming infested by an alien parasite; unfortunate, yes, somewhat unwise, yes, but a genuine effort to be helpful that went awry, not just some bumbling flinging of themselves off a cliff while the rest of us did actual work.

Finally, I'm completely at a loss for why you'd trust Milno's judgement over token distribution. What part of "has been on the most missions" says he's qualified or has good judgement to you?"

Don't worry, tokens are not that important, in the end.
Fetch Faith a token.
Say, Faith,  Maurice turned to look directly into Faith's eyes Have you ever seen our beloved - and rightfully feared - Mistress Medicine? Have you ever felt Her by your side, guiding your hand, giving you the knowledge and the confidence to do your job, to save lives? Because I have. And that is what really matters.
.  .  .
Just kidding.
Maurice burst into cheerful laughter as he resumed his relaxed posture.
Faith's expression turned to utter confusion, and didn't correct itself particularly much when he said he was joking.

"...uh... alright...?"

She continued to stare at her new token, somewhat perplexed.

"Hey Steve what about the living brothers notes.... that i stole, also Travis if you had been paying attention you would have seen that you shot me because you wanted to, don't bother hiding your feelings now i will ask once more, how much for the gun?"
"Wait what? What do you mean stole? Didn't you die before the mission even really started?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7434 on: September 20, 2012, 05:55:57 pm »

"Oh, it's nothing bad. Just someone compensating for me screwing up again. It's good that you did, honestly.
"More importantly, that was the only way we knew of to save your life. Well, technically not maybe your life, exactly, but you'd have been a shadow puppet forever probably.

...what was that like, by the way?"
Thomas freezes up for a moment, then glances at his feet, biting his tongue as he does so. He stays that way for a few seconds, simply thinking, before looking back up at Faith.

"It was awful. It grabbed me, and pulled me into that alcove thing, then it flowed into my body, going through my head, and through my brain..."

He shivers noticeably.

"Then it was all inside of me. It changed me... I couldn't walk right, or see right. Everytime my heart beat, I could see all around me. On second thought, that was probably the echolocation. Then it killed my normal vision. I couldn't see anything, until you guys spoke. Then you spoke light, and I could see everything. I fought it there for a bit, and almost won. But I didn't. It just blew over me, taking control of my body and my mind. I guess you would know what happened after that better then me."

Then he sits back down next to May, and leans into her, trying to hide his tear-stricken face from the others.

LEVEL:

+5 Will
+3 CON
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 06:08:50 pm by Spinal_Taper »

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7435 on: September 20, 2012, 05:57:18 pm »

"Oh that funny story, I didn't want tobe completely useles so i put a timer on my pod, ran-sacked the house, stole some journels, made a cheese roll and was sick..... I was so ninja like it was un-believeable."

LEVEL UP
1 STRENGTH
1 AGILITY
3 INTELIGENCE

2 CON
1 EXO
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 05:59:39 pm by anailater »
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7436 on: September 20, 2012, 06:04:01 pm »

Faith, listen to what you just said: 'Didn't you die before the mission even really started?'

That right there is my argument with paying the people who died before the tower for the camera reward.

And again, what you have just said: 'The disturbance, if it was going to be dangerous for anyone, would be dangerous for me.'

And you had the camera on you, therefore, it would have been dangerous to it.

And I trust Milno because right now, he could be taking it all for himself, instead, he's listening to us about how it should be split. Had you gotten it first, it would have been your way or the highway, I'm sure.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7437 on: September 20, 2012, 06:09:32 pm »

Faith, listen to what you just said: 'Didn't you die before the mission even really started?'

That right there is my argument with paying the people who died before the tower for the camera reward.

And again, what you have just said: 'The disturbance, if it was going to be dangerous for anyone, would be dangerous for me.'

And I trust Milno because right now, he could be taking it all for himself, instead, he's listening to us about how it should be split. Had you gotten it first, it would have been your way or the highway, I'm sure.

((Milnos detest for Faith is contagious, is seems.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7438 on: September 20, 2012, 06:14:30 pm »

((Milnos detest for Faith is contagious, is seems.))

((This game has many infectious diseases, but only a few transmissible ones. Seems, unlike Tinker Fever, Milnus Faithhateicus is one of the transmissible ones.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #7439 on: September 20, 2012, 06:37:38 pm »

"Oh, dear..."
Head to the Armoury to find out how much insulating the suit would cost.
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 2101