_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937651 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Arts and Crafts
« Reply #7065 on: September 15, 2012, 01:39:25 am »

Keep the original size fuel tanks and add the extra armor to protect the fuel tanks then save the schematic.

(( Didnt expect it'd get a prototype but the drone platform is pointless for my purposes ill just have to wait to get tokens. ))
Alright, extra battlesuit armor added around the tanks.

Note to self- study this fine machinery in greater detail after this.

Draw a bead on the approaching monstrosity and aim for a weak spot.
[con:3+1+1]
You activate the cutting laser and sweep it across the beast with a diabolical hum. The creature and everything in front of and behind it for 40 feet slides into two pieces.

"Whoops. Anyway, this is pretty simple. Explosives here, fuse there. So there goes my design. Should have researched available gauss rounds before making my own. Let's do that now, before I start reinventing the wheel again."

Exit VR, examine surroundings, then head to the armory and inquire about different types of gauss rounds available.

"Hello again. What kind of gauss rounds do you have."
You get out of the VR machine and look around. Doesn't look to be much going on so you head to the Armory and ask about gauss rounds.

"We have AP rounds, HP rounds, "melter" rounds, "Redshell" rounds and "Blackshot" rounds. Plus a few special rounds that are probably outside of your price range."

Take off the helmet and examine all the controls for and on the suit. All the levers and switches. Make sure that I know what each one does and highlight ones that I don't know.
OOoo good try. But it's not the switches and controls in the helmet that you'd need to work with, those are the same as the rest of the MK suits, it's the software.

"Okay, I think I'll just, uh, make like a tree and get out of here. I hope you don't mind, Mr. Doctor."
Leave quickly and don't look back. Go to armory.
"Hi, Ms. Armory Master. Could I have some scrap metal, please? I'm thinking of taking my arts and crafts to the next level. I'd like as much scrap metal as I can get for free."
Get 10 pounds of scrap metal, thank the Armory Master and leave for the barracks. Find a nice, quiet, secluded bunk.
You get yourself a big ol' armful of metal scraps and retire to the barracks.

Denzen stomps and curses as he exits VR. Looking into the rec room, he notices people in the fighting ring. He jumps in. "Mind if I join in?"

Join the fighting ring. Begin by punching Havel. Repeatedly.
'Touch gloves' and step back in a defensive posture. Test his guard with multiple jabs, then go for a right hook.
"Good luck."Roger nods to his opponent, and then rushes him arms-first, trying to push him off balance.

[Roger dex:6]
[Havel dex:3]
[Denzel dex:2]

[Roger dex:4]
[havel dex:6]
[havel str:6]
Havel lands a few jabs to Roger's jaw before suddenly swinging a full force punch straight into Roger's throat.
[roger end:6+1]
Roger stumbles back a few feet, coughs a few times and then retakes his stance.
[Havel dex:6]
[denzel dex:4]
Havel dodges away from Denzel's blows and shoves him away.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7066 on: September 15, 2012, 01:44:59 am »

If this works, it'll be so cool!
See if I can use my magic to manipulate (twist, stretch, reshape) metal without heating it first. If I can, try to make a sharp, durable Bowie knife out of 2 pounds of metal.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 02:30:25 am by Harry Baldman »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7067 on: September 15, 2012, 04:53:06 am »

Add 2000 cyberdisks.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7068 on: September 15, 2012, 06:08:50 am »

"What are you doing?"  Roger shoves Denzel out of the ring and turns back to Havel.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7069 on: September 15, 2012, 06:36:32 am »

Looks through battles in the altered war.
"Bring up battles in which the altered are attacking a heavily entrenched defender who is seriously outnumbered."
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 08:40:00 am by mesor »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7070 on: September 15, 2012, 07:13:46 am »

"Fighting," Denzen growled. He took a  step or two back and shook his head to clear it, finally sighing and striding away quite angrily.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7071 on: September 15, 2012, 08:32:04 am »

"Considering I have no tokens, a lot of stuff is out of my price range. Could you tell me anyway?"

If she tells me, thank her and head to the medbay, if not just head to the medbay.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7072 on: September 15, 2012, 11:18:51 am »

Now that he's out of the way, lets get back to it shall we?
Wait until Roger looks ready, then work your way close with your guard up. Feint another right hook, then sidestep and give him a left straight.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7073 on: September 15, 2012, 12:38:13 pm »

Hmmm... In the software you say... But how does one activate buzz mode for example?

Bring up the software specs for a standard MKII and compare those to the software of the MKIII to see what's been added. Work my way through each bit of code and figure out what it controls.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7074 on: September 15, 2012, 12:50:34 pm »

Well, first thermite has a much higher ignition then that. Like, strip of burning magnesium jammed in it kind of hot.

As per the burning goo, thermite you could probably get like 5 pounds of the stuff for a token and how far that goes depends on the ratio of termite to gel you use.

*snore*.....huh? oh, i must've fallen asleep in this vr thingamajing.

((damnit, that complicates things. how am i going to get it to ignite without an amp now? I don't suppose we could use gel that is flammable, thus putting a spark that ignites the gel, which in turn ignites the thermite?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7075 on: September 15, 2012, 01:04:08 pm »

((damnit, that complicates things. how am i going to get it to ignite without an amp now? I don't suppose we could use gel that is flammable, thus putting a spark that ignites the gel, which in turn ignites the thermite?))
((Use a laser rifle. Or hand laser. It would be a support weapon in that case - you cover stuff in thermite goo, somebody else ignites it. Seems somewhat safe and practical to me.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7076 on: September 15, 2012, 01:17:05 pm »

Hold the line!  Advance when the troops do.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7077 on: September 15, 2012, 01:58:05 pm »

If this works, it'll be so cool!
See if I can use my magic to manipulate (twist, stretch, reshape) metal without heating it first. If I can, try to make a sharp, durable Bowie knife out of 2 pounds of metal.
[will:1]
The entire pile of metal rises into the air, vanishing into a cloudy miasma, a black mist with an acrid smell. After a moment the could vanishes and reveals your knife. The knife if a horrible looking thing, a two foot long serrated blade with a downward curve ending in a gutting hook. Flesh, pale and pulsating, squats on the underside of the hilt and a lump, beating like a heart, rests in the hollow, cage like handle. You grab hold of the handle and thin tendrils emerge from the heart, slithering over your skin and plunging themselves into your arteries. Blood flows to the heart and the blade takes on an otherworldly quality, a sheen of blackness, of motor oil on water, flowing and dripping upward, vanishing an instant after leaving the blade.

You feel your organs moving, rearranging, gripping your ribcage and spine, yanking themselves into some unknown configuration. Your vision flickers for an instant, an instant of infinite abyss, and then you can see again, though something seems different.

Add 2000 cyberdisks.
2000 against 1000 altered and 1000 men, plus the other xcom and aliens? Well, the XCOM would win then, but unless they completely burnt and destroyed the altered bodies they would only win temporarily.

Looks through battles in the altered war.
"Bring up battles in which the altered are attacking a heavily entrenched defender who is seriously outnumbered."
Battles in which the defender won?

"Considering I have no tokens, a lot of stuff is out of my price range. Could you tell me anyway?"

If she tells me, thank her and head to the medbay, if not just head to the medbay.
"G-shot, Kinetic rounds, and Vit-o-phage"

You head to the Infirmary with new information squatting on your brain.

Hmmm... In the software you say... But how does one activate buzz mode for example?

Bring up the software specs for a standard MKII and compare those to the software of the MKIII to see what's been added. Work my way through each bit of code and figure out what it controls.
If you know about buzz mode the you can just activate it. It's finding these things out in character that the rolls are for. In otherwords you could just ask milno and he could tell you everything it does.

Well, first thermite has a much higher ignition then that. Like, strip of burning magnesium jammed in it kind of hot.

As per the burning goo, thermite you could probably get like 5 pounds of the stuff for a token and how far that goes depends on the ratio of termite to gel you use.

*snore*.....huh? oh, i must've fallen asleep in this vr thingamajing.

Well, you could mix it with a napalm like substance. We've got a few that burn hot enough to set off thermite I think.

Now that he's out of the way, lets get back to it shall we?
Wait until Roger looks ready, then work your way close with your guard up. Feint another right hook, then sidestep and give him a left straight.
"What are you doing?"  Roger shoves Denzel out of the ring and turns back to Havel.
Havel waits as Roger shoves Denzel out of the ring. Apparently Havel is Roger's man and ain't no one else gonna have him.

Hold the line!  Advance when the troops do.
All three trenches advance at once, the first two combining to form a defensive wall of fire while the third begins digging out a new trench with some sort of kinetically enhanced tool, exploding and hurling huge chunks of land. You step forward, standing in front of the line and crouching down, giving soldier's cover behind your massive bulk. You can see, among the altered, a group of quickly moving creatures, bounding through their brethren. Can openers: Creatures designed to cut through your armor.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7078 on: September 15, 2012, 02:05:21 pm »

Well. That's rather cool. Wait a minute. I feel like I'm different somehow.
Ascertain what the magic has done to me, exactly. How has my body changed? Am I extremely weird looking yet? As in, is it immediately apparent that something is horribly wrong with me? Regardless of how I might look, practice swinging the knife. Try to evaluate what kind of terrifying havoc I could wreak with it.
Oh yeah, my weapon of choice is the Magic Knife of Blood and Unholy Terror!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 02:08:28 pm by Harry Baldman »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7079 on: September 15, 2012, 02:10:51 pm »

(( Preferably the attackers won. I want to play with the defenders and with a set of 5 of my drones and see if i can change the outcome. ))
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 2101