_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5935422 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Arts and Crafts
« Reply #6975 on: September 13, 2012, 07:48:30 am »

((@PyroDesu: I meant platonic as in not having sex or sexual contact with the highly dangerous chemical material. Unless she has already done it somehow and you haven't told us.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6976 on: September 13, 2012, 07:54:19 am »

Brother Lars shook his head as he was unceremoniously dumped out of the simulation.  Not the end he wanted, but he felt that the proof of concept was solid.  Time to run it past someone with experience.

Save the data, obtain the design and test data on hardcopy, then exit VR and show them to the AM.  Ask for suggestions and a price quote as-is.

((@PyroDesu: I meant platonic as in not having sex or sexual contact with the highly dangerous chemical material. Unless she has already done it somehow and you haven't told us.))

((OOHH YEAH))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6977 on: September 13, 2012, 08:48:47 am »

"Well, at least I won't have to dig myself in."

Charge particle cannon.
You activate your cannon and it gets about a half an inch extended before it hits the rubble around you and grinds to a halt. Oh.

"Damnit, why can't things every be easy?

Try to cut myself out with laser.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6978 on: September 13, 2012, 08:57:28 am »

@ harry baldman and radio controlled. The termite does require heating to ignite, and I'm thinking of putting an igniter on the end of the barrel, but only turning it on when I won't have the time to ignite the stuff manually with my amp.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6979 on: September 13, 2012, 10:17:15 am »

Use the same style of armor as the MK III suit. Remove the current cameras and place 2 cameras in domes 1 on top and 1 beneath the bot each one with long range and thermal capabilities and then look to see if there is space left for additional fuel tanks.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6980 on: September 13, 2012, 10:19:50 am »

((Yeah I know, but thats why I said modified gauss ammo. I guess I should get working on that to make sure this idea is possible.))

"Hrmm. This is taking a bit to show up. Welp, I guess I could work on those gauss munitions I had in mind."

Summon a normal gauss round, a small cylinder of copper, some wiring, and some high explosives. Hollow out the tip of the round and fill it with HE. Have the copper cylinder in a hollow tube in the middle of the round, allowing it to move freely within the round.  Set the wiring to ignite the HE when the copper cylinder reaches the front of the round, completing the circut. use some of the wiring to hold the copper in place until after firing.

Spoiler: Blueprints (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 02:56:26 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6981 on: September 13, 2012, 10:37:28 am »

((Yeah I know, but thats why I said modified gauss ammo. I guess I should get working on that to make sure this idea is possible.))

"Hrmm. This is taking a bit to show up. Welp, I guess I could work on those gauss munitions I had in mind."

Summon a normal gauss round, a small cylinder of copper, some wiring, and some high explosives. Hollow out the tip of the round and fill it with HE. Have the copper cylinder in a hollow tube in the middle of the round, allowing it to move freely within the round.  Set the wiring to ignite the HE when the copper cylinder reaches the front of the round, completing the circut. use some of the wiring to hold the copper in place until after firing.

((Sorry for the complex instruction. I'll get a picture up when I get home. Stupid college Wifi, not letting me upload pictures.))

((Explosive gauss round? May want to make that firing pin-like copper cylinder on a spring that compresses fully on impact, such that the round doesn't go off when it knocks against something. Just a wire holding it in place would be... unwise with such a firing system.))
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 10:47:46 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6982 on: September 13, 2012, 10:47:02 am »

Change settings of duel to have 2000 UWM and 3000 Altered aremd with anything of thier choosing except for a avatar of war suit led by a skilled general in a avatar of war suit fight 2000 Sectoids from XCOM.

((Can i simulate anything from a fictional series?))
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 10:52:44 am by Tavik Toth »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6983 on: September 13, 2012, 10:52:08 am »

((Sorry for the complex instruction. I'll get a picture up when I get home. Stupid college Wifi, not letting me upload pictures.))

((Explosive gauss round? May want to make that firing pin-like copper cylinder on a spring that compresses fully on impact, such that the round doesn't go off when it knocks against something. Just a wire holding it in place would be... unwise with such a firing system.))

((Just testing it. I will probable go with the spring, but if the wire works, thats fine too.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6984 on: September 13, 2012, 03:46:58 pm »

Well, he's already doing clf3 tests (poorly I might add) you're kinda out of luck there. Not to mention you may not want to be spraying that shit around yourself and your teammates considering it is basically flaming acid poison.

As per thermite, I believe, stop me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it do damage simply because it's very fucking hot? If so then molten metal of the temp would do roughly the same thing. Though you always have the problem that a thin stream of anything cools faster because of the surface area. Now, if you were to say, mix thermite with some sort of gel agent you could create a substance that would let you both fire globs of burning thermite. It would also let you spread it on things, kind of like that spray you were talking about.

Hmm, the acid is out then, so say I mix thermite with a gel agent, could it only be fired in globs or also in a full stream? Because really, a flammenwerfer that cannot werf flammen isn't really all that groovy.
Well, the biggest thing is that thermite isn't exactly fluid so spraying it is a bit hard. However, if you gel it you could essentially have a fire hose of burning thermite goo that you just unload at people. Because hey, thermite is cheap.

You are now all imagining Simus becoming intimately acquainted with one of her vaguely phallic grenades.

Brother Lars shook his head as he was unceremoniously dumped out of the simulation.  Not the end he wanted, but he felt that the proof of concept was solid.  Time to run it past someone with experience.

Save the data, obtain the design and test data on hardcopy, then exit VR and show them to the AM.  Ask for suggestions and a price quote as-is.

((OOHH YEAH))
"Cutting laser itself is gonna be 8. Generator depends on what kind of output you want but to run it continuously, thats gonna be another couple of token, maybe 5. The tracked platform will be 6, more if you include this in built generator to power it. Armor is negligible in price."

"Well, at least I won't have to dig myself in."

Charge particle cannon.
You activate your cannon and it gets about a half an inch extended before it hits the rubble around you and grinds to a halt. Oh.

"Damnit, why can't things every be easy?

Try to cut myself out with laser.
[str:6+2] You lift your hand to cut your way out and end up hurling the debris off you in the process. Huh.

You know the armory already sells different types of gauss rifle ammo right? Including an explosive rounds. They're called Red shells.

Use the same style of armor as the MK III suit. Remove the current cameras and place 2 cameras in domes 1 on top and 1 beneath the bot each one with long range and thermal capabilities and then look to see if there is space left for additional fuel tanks.
The standard MK III doesn't really have armor. Milno's does because he created his own.  Do you want those cameras to be able to pivot and look around? And as per those fuel tanks, you can add more but keep in mind that the more you have, the heavier and slower it will be and the more chances of explosive failure upon being damaged.

Change settings of duel to have 2000 UWM and 3000 Altered aremd with anything of thier choosing except for a avatar of war suit led by a skilled general in a avatar of war suit fight 2000 Sectoids from XCOM.

((Can i simulate anything from a fictional series?))
You realize that if they can take anything they'll just use a Fission instigator to blow all the altered up at once.

Find a dangerous, preferably sharp object that isn't my precious sword and gently chuck it into the fray. Chant for blood!
"Blood! Blood! Blood! Come on, this is nothing like the prison fights I saw on TV once! Shiv somebody already!"

Hmm, the acid is out then, so say I mix thermite with a gel agent, could it only be fired in globs or also in a full stream? Because really, a flammenwerfer that cannot werf flammen isn't really all that groovy.
((Flammable thing + thick and sticky liquid = napalm. I think you can fire that in a stream. Maybe you could use a separate laser as an ignition device - launch thermite napalm and light it when it sticks to something? Thermite does require heat to ignite, you know.))
You grab a particularly spear like piece of broken wood from the ruins of the couch and huck it into the melee.

"MAKE IT QUICK!"

Walk up behind my target, get his attention and then UNLEASH THE TECHNIQUE!
Stand up. Place your boot heel on Miyamoto's head and hold him down with it. Grab Karen by the collar and hold her at arm's reach until Miyamoto stops moving, then let her go and step away from Miyamoto. Remain on the defensive, but do not actively attack Karen.
I was hoping no one would get hurt today. Miyamoto has been less than sportsmanlike during our duel. Most irritating.
Go for the nutpunch again!
Wake up. Pick a fight.

'Aah yes, because picking random fights truly is the most sportsmanlike action possible. If you just wanted to spar, there's a ring over there, just get over there and spar to your heart's content.'

((Also, since when am I pacman?  ??? ))

Keep his arms pinned on his back (with a police hold if possible), but if he keeps fighting, it's metal headbutt time. Aim just below his neck, for a greater chance of hitting.
And again, If anybody is badly hurt after all this, drag their sorry ass to the infirmary.

[Bishop Dex:6]
[Miyamoto dex:4]
[Karen dex:1]
[Havel dex:6]

[Bishop dex:3]
[Havel str:2]
[Miyamoto str:4]
[Havel dex:4-2 for Miymoto on you]
[Bishop str:4+1+2 crit strike]
Havel tries desperately to shove Miyamoto off him as Bishop walks into the melee but Miyamoto bearhugs Havel and pins his arms to his sides. Bishop bends down over the pinned man and proceeds to drive a scalpel like blow directly into Havel's shoulder. Havel's entire right arm goes numb and limb.
[karen dex:3]
[havel dex:6-2]
Karen rolls off the table and attempts another blow to the groin on Havel, but misses as Havel squirms about under Miyamoto.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6985 on: September 13, 2012, 03:54:52 pm »

((Ten-pin bowling with a nuclear bomb and a kinetic amp? >:D ))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6986 on: September 13, 2012, 04:02:10 pm »

"I see- looks like I'll be having to save up for this one.  Any suggestions as for changes to make it better?  Steve in the sky, you either?"

Ask.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6987 on: September 13, 2012, 04:10:39 pm »

(( yes with the pivoting camera's. ))

Looks up types of light armor in the VR machine and see if there is a way to make the fuel more efficient for the bot.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 05:06:52 pm by mesor »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6988 on: September 13, 2012, 04:45:13 pm »

Once the ideal mix of the three basic meds has been found, save the MDS system, copy the modular hardpoint bit from the Claws of Life system, and make the MDS system detachable.  Then save it again.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6989 on: September 13, 2012, 05:09:13 pm »

((So.. triple team? Okay.))
Break Miyamoto's hold with my left arm and push him off of me just enough so that I can bring my leg up and kick him in the chest. Try to launch him into Bishop so I can continue fighting Karen.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 09:57:02 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 2101