_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5934573 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Arts and Crafts
« Reply #6900 on: September 11, 2012, 02:26:59 am »

Oh.  The darts are glass?  Would steel or something work better?  Try again with steel darts!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6901 on: September 11, 2012, 03:12:08 am »

((I have a feeling that's going to do more harm than good...))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6902 on: September 11, 2012, 03:33:51 am »

(I'm combining my -1 to Conventional Weapons with my +2 to Medical Tech, by shooting teammates to heal them.  What could possibly go wrong?)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6903 on: September 11, 2012, 05:02:19 am »

(I'm combining my -1 to Conventional Weapons with my +2 to Medical Tech, by shooting teammates to heal them.  What could possibly go wrong?)

((Everything.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6904 on: September 11, 2012, 06:29:24 am »

Heating the chemicals in the battery causes them to react faster and produce more energy, which in turn does cause the gun to overload.

How disappointing...filthy hobo, think you can get the better of me...

Heat up his eyes, then shoot him in the chest with the laser rifle.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6905 on: September 11, 2012, 07:22:27 am »

"Okay, twice the battery power, but it melts the innards. Lets see how that effects the beam."

Call up a block of steel, and shoot it with my rifle at normal power, and double power. How fast does the beam cut into it?

((@Irony: No problem, I was goo'ed and unable to do much but talk to Steve.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6906 on: September 11, 2012, 07:45:53 am »

Okay, perfect!
Find a nurse in the infirmary who looks idle enough to help me.
"Hi, I'm Timmy. There was this lady that went in shock and won't talk about what happened. Could I see her? If not, could you deliver this stuff to her for me? It's important that it reaches her."
If I'm not allowed to visit the patient, but somebody agrees to take my delivery, hand the arts and crafts to them. If I'm allowed to visit the patient, hold on to the stuff for now and head over to where she is.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6907 on: September 11, 2012, 07:47:37 am »

Maybe I should have gone hover?

Look for a suitable crossing point.  If one isn't around, see about making one.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6908 on: September 11, 2012, 08:45:41 am »

(( Uhm it dosnt flap it has thrusters. And it isnt solely for use as an attack bot that was more of an addition its primarily a scouting bot. ))

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6909 on: September 11, 2012, 10:24:30 am »

"Interesting simulations, but very simple. It's not what I'm looking for."

Look for combinations of melee weapons (uncon) and amps (exotic). Also search for any simulations made by the AM when she was a convict and the best melee fighter among the convicts in the HMRC.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6910 on: September 11, 2012, 10:57:06 am »

get far enough away that the blast wont kill but still cause injuries then detonate.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6911 on: September 11, 2012, 02:56:56 pm »

Reload the simulation with the same settings. This time, use a monoatomic razor, opening with a slash to the chest.

[dex:1]
[dummy dex:5]
[dummy str:4]
[end:1]
(you are having some terrible luck)
The dummy proceeds to parry your clumsy blow and jams his cutlass straight through your sternum.
GAME OVER

Snore. Do sleepy things. Be adorable.
You snore. You do sleeping things. You fail to be adorable.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Keeping this in mind, I'm starting to fear the community-recharge station would be a bit useless, unless the whole ordeal turns out cheaper then expected/feared.

Also, question: what recourse besides energy do manipulators need? Because they aren't listed. ))

'Very interesting indeed, I'll have to keep this in mind.'

Go watch some tv, flip around the channels a bit.
(Well, they just need energy, but they're not rechargeable. I think I just forgot to post it at first. Which reminds me, I have to update that cost. )

You sit on the ground near the tv and flip around a bit until you find a good old fashion exploitation movie. Ah, Vampire Nuns of the 5th Reich. Quality family programming.

((I have 5 points in int and a penalty to med, so yeah I'll take it! Excellent!

Also, if I was making an attack bot, I'd personally customize or refit the gunner bot. You know, for a start, that it works and it can probably take multiple improvements as well. Plus, lasers don't make sounds, they are just concentrated light that's pointed in a direction. And a ball is a lot more aerodynamic than a flapping, heavy, unbalanced hunk of metal. Just saying.

You know... I'm getting a hankering to make a hovering attack bot of some kind. Maybe scrap the MBL for now and design one...))

"Ok, let me know how it pans out. I'm interested in getting tougher organs after all."

Go find the guy with new skin and take a good look at him.
You head out of the rec room and find cog sitting in a vr machine, so you take the opportunity to examine his visible arm.  His skin appears covered in a heavy, several inch thick white carapace that clinks almost metallically when tapped.

Go to the VR and load up a simulation where Lukas stands on top of a zombie-infested (and surrounded) mall.
You sit down next to one of the VR machines and plug yourself in via your cable. You appear on the roof of the mall and immediately fall straight through the ceiling, smashing through several levels until you land in the basement. Clearly malls are not designed for giant robots.

Oh.  The darts are glass?  Would steel or something work better?  Try again with steel darts!
in that case you're just gonna bend the needles.  This gun is designed to tranquilize animals, not men in space suits.

Heating the chemicals in the battery causes them to react faster and produce more energy, which in turn does cause the gun to overload.

How disappointing...filthy hobo, think you can get the better of me...

Heat up his eyes, then shoot him in the chest with the laser rifle.
Still using all 5's?  Well, heating his eyes causes them to melt in an extremely painful fashion. Shooting him in the chest burns a small, finger thick hole through his chest. This proves very unhealthy for him.

"Okay, twice the battery power, but it melts the innards. Lets see how that effects the beam."

Call up a block of steel, and shoot it with my rifle at normal power, and double power. How fast does the beam cut into it?

((@Irony: No problem, I was goo'ed and unable to do much but talk to Steve.))
The result is roughly liner result, double power working twice as fast.

Okay, perfect!
Find a nurse in the infirmary who looks idle enough to help me.
"Hi, I'm Timmy. There was this lady that went in shock and won't talk about what happened. Could I see her? If not, could you deliver this stuff to her for me? It's important that it reaches her."
If I'm not allowed to visit the patient, but somebody agrees to take my delivery, hand the arts and crafts to them. If I'm allowed to visit the patient, hold on to the stuff for now and head over to where she is.
The nurse takes your gifts and promises to give them to the nurse you accidentally brain diddled.

Maybe I should have gone hover?

Look for a suitable crossing point.  If one isn't around, see about making one.
You continue along the edge of the trench until you find a place where it has collapsed and drive over it, trundling down and then struggling up and out of the ditch. You continue like this till you reach the area just behind the front lines. There are plenty of creatures here...perhaps too many. You're not sure how long the frontline will hold like this; the altered are breaking in waves against the frontline, slowly thinning the ranks. Somewhere to your left an Avatar slams into the ground and makes the world shiver as it stands up from it's crater in the mud.

"Interesting simulations, but very simple. It's not what I'm looking for."

Look for combinations of melee weapons (uncon) and amps (exotic). Also search for any simulations made by the AM when she was a convict and the best melee fighter among the convicts in the HMRC.
Things like the doctor's bat?

get far enough away that the blast wont kill but still cause injuries then detonate.
Minor problem with that. If you're close enough to get injured then you'll probably get spaced. You could say you got spaced and survived though.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6912 on: September 11, 2012, 03:02:04 pm »

Look for a more optimal shape for the bot that still resembles a flight craft

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6913 on: September 11, 2012, 03:04:35 pm »

Ah, Vampire Nuns of the 5th Reich.
((Why is this not a real movie yet?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6914 on: September 11, 2012, 03:11:45 pm »

Perfect.

Open fire!  Concentrate on the midsized ones- let the grunts take the little ones and the titans clash with each other.  If the line falls, drive the Lasertrack backwards while keeping up the fire.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 2101