_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5934695 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Arts and Crafts
« Reply #6885 on: September 11, 2012, 12:25:35 am »

Reload the simulation with the same settings. This time, use a monoatomic razor, opening with a slash to the chest.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6886 on: September 11, 2012, 12:44:16 am »

((And for the missing me, I was talking to Irony. Should have made that clearer.))
((Oh, oops. You're Cog, aren't you? I totally thought Cog was inactive, my bad. :x

If I've missed anyone else, do speak up. I'll probably add Cog and anyone else who points out I forgot them (and maybe Lars, even though charwise he's as nooby as the current next mission team) to an updated version of the main sheet sometime soon. Ideally after the current mission ends, but that's taking forever.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6887 on: September 11, 2012, 12:46:36 am »

Snore. Do sleepy things. Be adorable.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 12:54:39 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6888 on: September 11, 2012, 12:50:02 am »

(( Either hawk shaped or another bird or plane shape. Its purely for aesthetic purposes i just love the idea of a hawk diving out of the sky on an enemy with the sound of 4 lasers roaring as they pump rounds straight into the unsuspecting enemy. A giant floating golf ball just wouldnt be right. ))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6889 on: September 11, 2012, 12:50:54 am »

(( Either hawk shaped or another bird or plane shape. Its purely for aesthetic purposes i just love the idea of a hawk diving out of the sky on an enemy with the sound of 4 lasers roaring as they pump rounds straight into the unsuspecting enemy. A giant floating golf ball just wouldnt be right. ))
((Practicality > Aesthetics.

Just paint that golf ball like a hawk and be off with it!  :P))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6890 on: September 11, 2012, 12:55:05 am »

(( Hah nice but no im sticking with this even if it is a bit more difficult i want a proper bot not a golf ball with guns.
Ive got plenty of time to work out all the kinks anyway lol these missions take a while so we probably have a week if not more yet im sure i can get it all sorted out before then. ))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6891 on: September 11, 2012, 12:55:06 am »

((At this point you might want to look into synthflesh, then. It's not practical by any stretch of the imagination, but if you're already talking about a wetware-controlled flying heavy weapons platform, I doubt the extra 20-30 tokens is going to make much difference, and it'll probably be more flexible and generally hawklike than a normal robot.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6892 on: September 11, 2012, 12:56:39 am »

(( When i might have to pay for this myself 20-30 is a lot lol. The basic design will not include the AI or anything thats all going to happen later once i know the bot itself works the way i want it to. Unless of course Steve will agree to a free prototype of it :P. ))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6893 on: September 11, 2012, 01:22:07 am »

((Actually, I guess your current thingy is less overblown than I thought. I was thinking you were adding absolutely everything to it, which I guess isn't the case, in which case going from 120 tokens to 140 wouldn't be that big a deal.

Even so, I'd be surprised if your current design came in under 20. The gunner bot is 14, and that's just a robot with a gun that can walk, no special armor or cameras or anything.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6894 on: September 11, 2012, 01:26:23 am »

(( Thats why im hoping for a prototype since this is something unique at the moment. ))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6895 on: September 11, 2012, 01:33:27 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Keeping this in mind, I'm starting to fear the community-recharge station would be a bit useless, unless the whole ordeal turns out cheaper then expected/feared.

Also, question: what recourse besides energy do manipulators need? Because they aren't listed. ))

'Very interesting indeed, I'll have to keep this in mind.'

Go watch some tv, flip around the channels a bit.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6896 on: September 11, 2012, 01:34:39 am »

(( Thats why im hoping for a prototype since this is something unique at the moment. ))
((Yeah, but I'm not very optimistic about its utility. I don't really understand the criteria for becoming a prototype, but I believe the idea is that it's something Steve's willing to fund because it might be useful later for other people. If it's too expensive for someone to afford, and especially if it's too expensive for what it does, it doesn't seem likely that he'll foot the bill for it.

I guess the short question is, what does it do and for how much? Cause right now, at least to me, it seems like its primary purpose is to be an awesome mechanical hawk with guns on it, not fill any particular purpose or role, and have a pretty high cost for that service.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6897 on: September 11, 2012, 01:38:23 am »

(( Primarily its a multi purpose aerial scout and fire support system. But i need an aerodynamic shape for it which a ball really isnt. ))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6898 on: September 11, 2012, 01:42:52 am »

((I have 5 points in int and a penalty to med, so yeah I'll take it! Excellent!

Also, if I was making an attack bot, I'd personally customize or refit the gunner bot. You know, for a start, that it works and it can probably take multiple improvements as well. Plus, lasers don't make sounds, they are just concentrated light that's pointed in a direction. And a ball is a lot more aerodynamic than a flapping, heavy, unbalanced hunk of metal. Just saying.

You know... I'm getting a hankering to make a hovering attack bot of some kind. Maybe scrap the MBL for now and design one...))

"Ok, let me know how it pans out. I'm interested in getting tougher organs after all."

Go find the guy with new skin and take a good look at him.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6899 on: September 11, 2012, 02:22:52 am »

Go to the VR and load up a simulation where Lukas stands on top of a zombie-infested (and surrounded) mall.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 ... 2101