_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937474 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Havel, The reverse prostitute
« Reply #6780 on: September 07, 2012, 11:14:00 pm »

((Well, I belive that I can avoid holding it up to much.))

"Uh, can I get a sword from you?" Denzen nervously asked the giant robot (SeriousConcentrate).
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6781 on: September 07, 2012, 11:38:37 pm »

"You cannot hope to defeat me, Chompers! Even Big Tim couldn't defeat me, and he cheated like an absolute bastard!"
Taunt Chompers to throw him off his game, then proceed with the Ultimate Air Hockey Showdown.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6782 on: September 08, 2012, 12:17:34 am »

Continue looking through means of propulsion

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6783 on: September 08, 2012, 03:05:35 am »

"You cannot hope to defeat me, Chompers! Even Big Tim couldn't defeat me, and he cheated like an absolute bastard!"
Taunt Chompers to throw him off his game, then proceed with the Ultimate Air Hockey Showdown.

'Ha, you fool. I practically gave you that first point. You have nothing on me!'
Crush him like the whelp he is, show him the power of AIR HOCKEY KING JESUS!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6784 on: September 08, 2012, 05:10:48 am »

Feel sad and lonely
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6785 on: September 08, 2012, 10:36:11 am »

Kill it. then take its weapon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6786 on: September 08, 2012, 03:26:05 pm »

Reset the sim again, same as last time except this time I'm just an invisible observer (I can do that, right?).  Spawn a General from the Altered War noted for his/her strategic abilities with the same equipment as me.  Watch the battle under their command and take notes.
1. Do you want to let the one in the command position reposition your troops or just stick him where you would be?
2. Same overview response?

Looks like everything is coming together- just need the exact parts.

((What is the hover platform capable of?  Does it just hover a foot or so over solid ground, or can it float up higher into the air?  Could a person mount it, ride up twenty feet, and provide fire from above?))

The weapon testing was done- it was just a matter of choosing between precision and broader damage potential.  The platform was more involved, especially hover versus tracked.  Again, more testing was needed.

Action:  Test the three cheapest tracked platforms for performance.  See their max speed on dirt.  Test how they handle a moderately rocky plain, a debris-covered battlefield, and a steep mountain.

((Can I get price quotes in VR or do I have to go to the armory for it?))
The hover platform can raise and lower but can't angle itself, so it can move like a elevator but not work to fire down unless you can actually tilt the gun itself down.

The cheapest can handle inclines of 30 degrees, the next can handle 40 and the last can handle 50.  In the cases mentioned specifically, rocky ground proves no problem assuming the rocks are only a foot or two high, the debris is similar, presenting no problem as long as it isn't massively tall, pointy or otherwise impassible, and the hill, well see the incline data above.

You click around for a few minutes, not finding much until you run across a show called "Magic Bootcamp: A children's guide to the army." The first words uttered by the presenter as you stop on the channel are "Special, fatal, kind of hug."

Truly, the very idea of me, a grown man and a convict no less, watching a childrens show is simply ridiculous. I am much too old for this kind of thing, it can't possibly teach me anything new.

continue watching anyway
Oh god, oh god, are they showing toddlers how to suffocate a man with a dirty diaper? That's just mean, man, thats just mean.

Bishop sighs and rubs the back of his head and stands up again.

"Figures, of course it's not easy. Alright, what's next?"

Try luring him towards me and when he moves to attack, rush inside his reach and flip him.
[Dex:5]
[str:2]
The doctor doesn't move as you dash in and grab hold of him, trying to flip him onto his back. You strain against him but he doesn't move, feeling for all the world like he weighs as much as a small car and is welded to the floor.

"A bit weak eh?" the Doctor says, staring at you while you struggle weakly against him.

(Enhanced blow: Allows you to use a double str roll rather then a single when testing str for a blow or combat action. However, requires a end check after and may cause injuries as you over exert yourself.)

Jim merely gently moved the man aside with the back of his hand; he was still awaiting a reply from the (hopefully) customer and didn't want to get distracted.

(And on that note I will be gone for almost all of tomorrow, if not all, so... later. ^^^)
You shove the man aside and keep staring at the potential customer. Staaaaaaring.

((Well, I belive that I can avoid holding it up to much.))

"Uh, can I get a sword from you?" Denzen nervously asked the giant robot (SeriousConcentrate).
You pay 2 tokens to the robot and he hands you a rather giant sword.

Continue looking through means of propulsion
There's jets, but they don't work without oxygen. You could try and make it actually fly by flapping, but using a machine for that is pretty freaking tough. Also needs some sort of atmosphere.

Feel sad and lonely
It's not easy being an unstoppable machine built for pure murder.

'Ha, you fool. I practically gave you that first point. You have nothing on me!'
Crush him like the whelp he is, show him the power of AIR HOCKEY KING JESUS!
[dex:5]
[tim dex:5]

The puck zips back and forth, bouncing off walls, curving, catching air and ricocheting about like a jet propelled super ball. No one manages to score.

Kill it. then take its weapon.
[dex:1+1]
[ram dex: 5]
[ram str:6]
[end:4+1]

You swing again, aiming to put the blade right through the creature's chest, but you're too early and carve air as the Ram steps in and swings again, catching you in the left arm with it's mace. Steel rebar spikes screech and bend against your armor as the full weight of the mace shoves you several feet to the side. You keep your feet under you and ignore the diagnostic warning about ejecting damaged armor.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Lucas is a sad giant robot.
« Reply #6787 on: September 08, 2012, 03:33:55 pm »

"You are a worthy foe, Chompers, but you will have to kneel before my mad skills eventually!"
Channeling the very best air hockey players I may have heard of in a bar once, deliver a dramatic, crushing defeat to my opponent.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6788 on: September 08, 2012, 04:29:20 pm »

Slip the suit on and marvel in its awesome glory. Regain your senses and head to the med bay. See whats going on around the place.
(The actual mechanism of firing the thing is still unclear by the way. Do you have a physical trigger, is it voice activated? How do you tell it to fire? )
You make sure the system is turned off before you wander to the med by and look whats happening. Doesn't seem to be much going on around, just the normal nurses and doctors wandering around taking care of walking dead people.
((Its a point and shoot mechanism. The HUD is hands-free (..right?) and the controls are part of that. I look at what I want to shoot, tag it in the interface, and the weapon tracks it autonomously. I can tell it to shoot from there. This all happens in moments of course. its definitely NOT a 'sentry gun'. I hate that idea, and as you've previously stated, its been done before. I'd much rather have direct control over the weapon. I shouldn't need to turn it off before talking to people since it won't open up unless I tell it to. Although I suppose having to listen to it whir every time I turn my head could prove to be be somewhat.. irritating))

Find the biggest man in the room and get in his way.

Ok, but mechanically how do you actually tag it? Do you say "Tag" when you're over the target? Do you tongue a switch or tap a button inside the helmet with your head? This is important for future failure.

You jump out in front of the the robot with massive gorilla arms and try your best to look tough.
((Hrrm.. I'll go with voice-activated. And uh.. I said man, not robot. Robots are mean.))
Pardon me.
Get out of the robot's way as quickly and politely as possible, then find someone to challenge to fisticuffs (PCs are fine too I guess, but I'm just looking for a quick boxing match i.e. no armour or gadgets, last man standing wins, small wagers optional but I'd rather avoid it since all I have to lose is my suit, and I don't like debts).
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 11:54:39 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6789 on: September 08, 2012, 04:41:50 pm »

Reset the sim again, same as last time except this time I'm just an invisible observer (I can do that, right?).  Spawn a General from the Altered War noted for his/her strategic abilities with the same equipment as me.  Watch the battle under their command and take notes.
1. Do you want to let the one in the command position reposition your troops or just stick him where you would be?
2. Same overview response?
1. Yep, I want to see what an actual General would do in the same situation, so he can distribute the troops however he wants.
2. Huh?  Wait, I think I understand.  Yes, with notes about how his strategy differs from mine, and the advantages and disadvantages it provides.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6790 on: September 08, 2012, 04:47:30 pm »

((I meant the normal, 1 token sword that I can wield... But can I wield the big one with 5 STR/DEX? Just curious.))
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 07:10:11 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6791 on: September 08, 2012, 04:49:14 pm »

Punch it. Hard.

"Faclon punch!"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6792 on: September 08, 2012, 05:06:49 pm »

((Cheatsheet questions!

I notice for Faith she's listed as having -1 Will and +1/3 Will. Is that something related to her incident, or did you just forget to delete the -1 when she actually gained some points in Will?

Similar question for Jim's Cha score. Or was that from a book he read or something?))

EDIT:

((Also, Ivan's Handiwork, does he have any bonuses for being Altered, and what do Jim's arms do?))
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 06:05:51 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6793 on: September 08, 2012, 06:39:23 pm »

Spoiler: Good news everyone! (click to show/hide)

Remember when I said I was going to go make a visual chart of everyone we've got in the HMRC? Well, it wasn't a lie! I actually went and did it.

There were a few issues, however. The main one is that it's a bit ugly and ungainly; the graphs are too far apart to easily compare to each other, which I blame on shoving text in there as well. It also lists only the major weapons and tools someone has, not side benefits or other features like Faith's MKII suit or Thomas' alcoholism. Finally, it's based on the cheatsheets, so if there's something wrong with those it'll be wrong with the charts as well.

Oh, and then there's the actual organization. I figured it would be more useful to compare perceived "jobs," rather than just leaving amp users next to medics next to people who just shoot things. This was fairly simple in some cases- I went with "Marine" over "Grunt" for Con users, incidentally :P- but in other cases, skills, equipment, and actions don't really line up or add to anything perceivable. "Pilots" and "Mechanics" are a result of this, as some people had Aux or Handiwork as their only real skill, and "Loafer" sounded a bit mean. :P

So, without further ado, the probably too large chart of everyone I've noticed actually being active recently (newbies not included):

Spoiler: Behold (click to show/hide)

Comments on how you'd prefer this be laid out or designed are welcome. I'll have to see about cataloging our fresh meat sometime as well. :3
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6794 on: September 08, 2012, 06:43:03 pm »

(Holy crap.  Kudos.  I can't imagine the work that went into that...)
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 2101