_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937501 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Havel, The reverse prostitute
« Reply #6765 on: September 07, 2012, 07:04:32 pm »

(( Gunnin my friend this is not going to end well for you :).
Jim please get in this room so he can threaten you and you can rip that turret off hes suit.))
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 07:18:56 pm by mesor »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6766 on: September 07, 2012, 07:08:21 pm »

((Now Toaster, try taking that idea, but using Waldo units instead of a laser rifle, and having it remote controlled.

Participating in a mission without leaving the shuttle? Hell yeah.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6767 on: September 07, 2012, 07:13:46 pm »

(( Haha ive actually considered that but ill need to complete probably 2-3 before i have the tokens to gather up all the materials ill need unless i get lucky. ))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6768 on: September 07, 2012, 07:17:49 pm »

(( Haha ive actually considered that but ill need to complete probably 2-3 before i have the tokens to gather up all the materials ill need unless i get lucky. ))

((Prototype...))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6769 on: September 07, 2012, 07:19:47 pm »

(( Im hoping i can manage that but thats down to Steve if he refuses im stuck waiting for credits and i need a gunner bot so thats 1 mission minamum. ))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6770 on: September 07, 2012, 08:35:19 pm »

((Alright, I've got the banner templates I need, and you guys will like the outcome, I think.

Just one final thing, United Engineers or United Tinkerers? I like the former better myself, but I'll go with the latter if ya'll want. Actually, screw it, it's easy enough to make both and you guys can decide then.))
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 08:40:07 pm by PyroDesu »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6771 on: September 07, 2012, 09:08:40 pm »

Chop it to bits.
[dex:6]
[ram dex:4]
[Uncon:5]

The Ram dodges back as your blade carves a crackling arc through the air, a streamer of white hot electricity connecting with the creature's arm and filling the air with charred flesh, blood and ozone as the burnt and exploded limb flies off. The Ram, it's weapon still grasped in it's other hand, doesn't even seem to notice.

"Most important thing is to know your limits. Know what you're capable of and what is beyond you. You should test yourself, start off small and work your way up. As you get near your limit you'll start getting headaches and other symptoms, which is a good time to stop and rest. As per actual usage, be precise, don't go overboard. There's no reason to burn a 5 foot sphere when a 5 inch one, properly applied, will do. The best use of the amp isn't as a brute force weapon, but as a surgical instrument, carefully applied to the right place at the right time."

I see, that is...exacly what I needed to know. Many thanks!

Pancaek goes to the rec room and watches the tv, searching the channels for self defence or military tactic programs in the hope of learning new and exciting ways not to die.

You click around for a few minutes, not finding much until you run across a show called "Magic Bootcamp: A children's guide to the army." The first words uttered by the presenter as you stop on the channel are "Special, fatal, kind of hug."

((This is what I have in mind.))

Lars nodded.  The principle was sound, but perhaps the specifics could be nailed down.  Hover, while the best option, may be prohibitively expensive.  Given the likelihood of unforgiving environments, wheels wouldn't cut it.  Perhaps a tracked platform?

Action:  Search for a tracked platform to serve as a base instead of a hover- duplicate the top design onto it.  Continue test firing of the two weapon systems on the following targets:

An average tree
A 3-inch steel wall
A modern tank  (Assuming one exists.  If not, the closest equivalent.)
An Altered the size of an elephant
An average house
A stone wall
Finally, test against a three-foot steel wall to gauge time to penetrate.
There appear to be several types of tracked platforms you could use, the cheapest of which is a rather simple thing, just the bottom of a freight mover with all the extraneous bits stripped away.

As per those tests, rule of thumb is that the cutting laser is better at cutting through armor and making nice thin cuts or small holes, while the other laser doesn't get through armor as well but makes very large holes and massive gashes.

And yeah, That plan looks fine, we're basically just haggling on the exact parts, the actual concept is perfectly sound.

"Huh. He has to be around here somewhere. Hey Steve, do you know where the Doctor is? I need to ask him some questions, and he probably wants to test the results of the treatment."

Await Steve's reply, then follow his directions.

>I believe he is somewhere in the back of the infirmary, punching people in the face.

(Hmm.  I hadn't considered the increments thing.  Well, we've already been sitting at the beginning of the battle for a while, let's just run the whole battle at once.  And yes, I wanted a random and varied selection of Altered, but close to the same ratio of types seen on Hexbarax (did I spell that right?).)

"CHAAA- wait, no, don't charge!  To your positions!  For the glory of the Emperor!"
You win by a narrow margin. Breaking your soldiers into smaller groups was both a blessing and a curse, as their scattered locations meant greater covering fire but also that they were almost instantly overwhelmed when the hordes did eventually reach them. This meant a powerful start but quickly dwindling strength as the town was wiped out  (partially by a shot of your own lesho rifle when it appeared lost) and the 500 in the forest were lost, unable to deal with the speed of the altered and the cover the trees provided. In the end there are 73 able men left including yourself.

Look for entirely new propulsion systems that enable high speed and high maneuverability that are small enough to fit on a bot roughy 5ft long and 10ft wide.
Hmm well there's always gravity manipulation using automated field manipulators, but those would have to be completely custom ordered and are expensive to begin with. You could go with quad-copter design, which offers a great deal of maneuverability for a very cheap price, but isn't the fastest by any stretch of the imagination.

"These tips are pretty handy to know and all, most definately, but I'm not that good at that sort of stuff. Not yet at any rate. How about something which I could understand easier?"

Try some tatical footwork by circling around and doing a feint or two.
The doctor tilts his head to the side and then lunges forward. He catches you behind the ankle with his foot and yanks your foot into the air, half tripping, half flipping you onto your back.

"If you're not good at melee fighting then I suggest you buy a gun. Is that easy enough?"

"What's this? An invitation?"
Timmy stands up and lifts his arms in the air.
"Air Hockey King Jesus, I accept your challenge!"
Play air hockey with Mr. Chompers. Play to win.

Shout catchy pre-battle one-liner, then GAME STARTO

((I have a motto suggestion for UT: "Imagination Is The Deadliest Weapon". Would fit UT's purpose better, considering that the tinkerers usually try to invent new implements rather than repair broken ones.))

((I like it, we'll see what the other tinkerers will say 'bout it))

((Totally calling the theme for the UT (UE? United Engineers? Sounds better to me, but whatever): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQWAcgefsQQ&feature=relmfu

((And now we have both a theme song AND a logo, ladies and gentlemen!
We could always use one of those flag-like thingies you sometimes see under a logo to add our name/slogan, like  here.
Or we could embed the name in the room on the lower cog, if you think you could manage that.
))

"You are not ready, Chompers! None are ready! None but ME!"
Play the game. Play the game like it's never been played before, with a dash of like it's going out of style.
[dex:3]
[tim dex:4]
The plastic puck bounces back and forth rather languidly at first, slowly gliding back and forth in nearly straight lines. Finally, timmy seems to get fed up and gives the puck a good hard smack, sending it ricocheting off the side and into Jaw's goal.

The scoreboard reads 0-1 and an new puck is ejected.

Slip the suit on and marvel in its awesome glory. Regain your senses and head to the med bay. See whats going on around the place.
(The actual mechanism of firing the thing is still unclear by the way. Do you have a physical trigger, is it voice activated? How do you tell it to fire? )
You make sure the system is turned off before you wander to the med by and look whats happening. Doesn't seem to be much going on around, just the normal nurses and doctors wandering around taking care of walking dead people.
((Its a point and shoot mechanism. The HUD is hands-free (..right?) and the controls are part of that. I look at what I want to shoot, tag it in the interface, and the weapon tracks it autonomously. I can tell it to shoot from there. This all happens in moments of course. its definitely NOT a 'sentry gun'. I hate that idea, and as you've previously stated, its been done before. I'd much rather have direct control over the weapon. I shouldn't need to turn it off before talking to people since it won't open up unless I tell it to. Although I suppose having to listen to it whir every time I turn my head could prove to be be somewhat.. irritating))

Find the biggest man in the room and get in his way.

Ok, but mechanically how do you actually tag it? Do you say "Tag" when you're over the target? Do you tongue a switch or tap a button inside the helmet with your head? This is important for future failure.

You jump out in front of the the robot with massive gorilla arms and try your best to look tough.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6772 on: September 07, 2012, 09:22:39 pm »

Reset the sim again, same as last time except this time I'm just an invisible observer (I can do that, right?).  Spawn a General from the Altered War noted for his/her strategic abilities with the same equipment as me.  Watch the battle under their command and take notes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6773 on: September 07, 2012, 09:30:13 pm »

((One of these days, somebody is going to make a flying hoverboard. I'm calling it right now- it's gonna happen.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6774 on: September 07, 2012, 10:05:06 pm »

Looks like everything is coming together- just need the exact parts.

((What is the hover platform capable of?  Does it just hover a foot or so over solid ground, or can it float up higher into the air?  Could a person mount it, ride up twenty feet, and provide fire from above?))

The weapon testing was done- it was just a matter of choosing between precision and broader damage potential.  The platform was more involved, especially hover versus tracked.  Again, more testing was needed.

Action:  Test the three cheapest tracked platforms for performance.  See their max speed on dirt.  Test how they handle a moderately rocky plain, a debris-covered battlefield, and a steep mountain.

((Can I get price quotes in VR or do I have to go to the armory for it?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6775 on: September 07, 2012, 10:06:56 pm »

You click around for a few minutes, not finding much until you run across a show called "Magic Bootcamp: A children's guide to the army." The first words uttered by the presenter as you stop on the channel are "Special, fatal, kind of hug."

Truly, the very idea of me, a grown man and a convict no less, watching a childrens show is simply ridiculous. I am much too old for this kind of thing, it can't possibly teach me anything new.

continue watching anyway

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6776 on: September 07, 2012, 10:12:41 pm »

Bishop sighs and rubs the back of his head and stands up again.

"Figures, of course it's not easy. Alright, what's next?"

Try luring him towards me and when he moves to attack, rush inside his reach and flip him.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 10:58:29 pm by Zako »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6777 on: September 07, 2012, 10:17:22 pm »

Truly, the very idea of me, a grown man and a convict no less, watching a childrens show is simply ridiculous. I am much too old for this kind of thing, it can't possibly teach me anything new.

continue watching anyway

((And thus, the Bronies were formed.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6778 on: September 07, 2012, 10:49:31 pm »

((Got fed up with GIMP not letting me erase to transparency instead of to background, so we've got a much worse logo than I was hoping for, and it's United Engineers instead of United Tinkerers, but it is what it is. I may work on it some more when I can look at the program and not want to bash my head against the desk.

Spoiler: UE Logo (click to show/hide)
))
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 10:51:43 pm by PyroDesu »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6779 on: September 07, 2012, 10:51:34 pm »

Jim merely gently moved the man aside with the back of his hand; he was still awaiting a reply from the (hopefully) customer and didn't want to get distracted.

(And on that note I will be gone for almost all of tomorrow, if not all, so... later. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 2101