_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5935602 times)

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #6720 on: September 06, 2012, 09:18:27 pm »

((When you think about it, the HRMC really isn't all that bad, morality wise. Look at the authority figures, then compare then to what we know about the higher-ups. Steve at least is concerned about the innocent, but the government in general doesn't seem to. Really, one shouldn't rebel against Steve, but instead get him on your side.))

((Steve is pretty much unbribable though.  He's a cool dude, anyway- hard as it is to believe, he's here to help us, and probably stands to gain if we're generally successful.  He just doesn't have to like us.))
((Who says you would have to bribe him? You would just have to make him believe in your cause. It's the same with anyone else with a conscience within the UWM.))

((Ah but Steve is a computer. He was programmed to succeed at his mission at all costs. He has no conscience, nor does he need one. If he had one, he wouldn't be as effective at his job as he is now.))
((He wants to protect the innocent. That shows a conscience.))
((Yes, but as Mission 5 shows, he's not shy about putting an entire village into extreme danger to accomplish the mission.))

Anyway, how do you fire a manipulator exactly? Do you just type in the desired result, and then get some random calculations to do? Also, what exactly are the calculations? Mathematics (i.e Calculus style stuff), or something more abstract?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 09:20:40 pm by Nicholas1024 »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #6721 on: September 06, 2012, 09:22:55 pm »

"Uh, yeah, I'd like a hand laser and a monoatomic razor. I can get those here, right?" Denzen asked AM, ignoring the creepy man behind him. After getting the card from AM, he walks over to the infirmary and asks a nurse what to do with the card.
Wait until he walks into the hallway, then turn him around and grab him from the front, slamming him against the wall.
Please?

"What do you want! Stop bothering me already and ask!" Denzen shouted back in reply, his face showing signs of anger.

((Also, about how large is a mono-atomic razor?))
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 09:25:24 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6722 on: September 06, 2012, 09:48:19 pm »

(If you're looking for a sword, Jim's got one for sale: a long reiterpallasch (I don't remember what the specifics on it are, I think it takes more strength to wield but deals more damage than a normal sword) and five pounds of metal to make another one with. I usually sell the swords for one token, but since the reiterpallasch has a special effect on it I'm selling it for two... if you're interested, I mean. ^^^)

Jim headed into the armory since he had yet another random question for the Armory Master, which had been bugging him for awhile. "Pardon for intruding again. I heard somewhere the human brain can only handle three amps at a time. If this is so... is there a way to expand that number - such as perhaps an on-board AI, which I think could work with this platform of mine - or exchange one for another?" he asked, folding his overly large arms behind his back.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6723 on: September 06, 2012, 09:53:38 pm »

"Ahhhh... Why couldn't you just say so in the first place? I'm going to need a list of those points you mentioned and what they do on the human body when we are done here."

Test out my critical strike on his legs.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6724 on: September 06, 2012, 09:55:54 pm »

((Well, I do happen to be looking for a sword- does it require 5 STR/DEX or less? Maybe I can bump into you when I go to get the weapons.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6725 on: September 06, 2012, 09:57:10 pm »

((He wants to protect the innocent. That shows a conscience.))
((I suspect this is less "conscience" and more "getting the job done without wrecking everything in the process." I'm not aware of any times when he explicitly tried to or even advised protecting civilians, just times when he facepalmed at our rampant incompetence at killing things we didn't need to.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6726 on: September 06, 2012, 09:59:00 pm »

(I can't quite recall... I believe 'normal' blades have no requirements, but I think the special reiterpallasch requires 9 strength if memory serves me correctly. But yeah, that'd be good. Just ask around about swords near Jim and I can try to make you one of whatever kind you'd like. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6727 on: September 06, 2012, 10:00:05 pm »

((Ok then, I guess I'll just bypass an extra hand laser battery to have an extra token lying around.))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6728 on: September 06, 2012, 10:54:32 pm »

"Uh, yeah, I'd like a hand laser and a monoatomic razor. I can get those here, right?" Denzen asked AM, ignoring the creepy man behind him. After getting the card from AM, he walks over to the infirmary and asks a nurse what to do with the card.
Wait until he walks into the hallway, then turn him around and grab him from the front, slamming him against the wall.
Please?

"What do you want! Stop bothering me already and ask!" Denzen shouted back in reply, his face showing signs of anger.

((Yeah, don't attack me. I'm trying to make a deal here. We can take it to PM if you like.))

Two tokens. I can mod your equipment free. On or off the battlefield. I'll do my best to make up for them in any way I can. I need them to finish my prototype. I can grant you access to that and install it if need be. Or I can pay you back, and give you an extra token as well. Whatever it takes, I can get it for you.

Release some of the pressure you were putting on him, but maintain a firm grip on his arms.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6729 on: September 06, 2012, 11:07:30 pm »

-snip-

Denzen visibly calmed down, thinking about it. "Ok then... We have a deal."

Just a hand laser for now, no extra battery- give Gunin gets two tokens.

He mutterred quietly- "Now I need a sword..."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6730 on: September 06, 2012, 11:17:16 pm »

"Better to go directly internally rather then externally. Heat a sphere an inch in diameter right in the center of their brain stem and they're just as dead as if they were hit by a fireball, but their teammates won't know what happened. And that will make them scared, and scared soldiers are stupid soldiers. As per a helper, no, nothing like that."

'Hmm, I see. Well, thanks for your advice, I'll be sure to make good use of it. Sorry to hear about the helper though, but if you come up with anything, be sure to let me know.'

While walking toward the rec room, Miyamoto looks up and asks Steve:

'Hey Steve, would it be a big issue if us inmates tapped into the ship's power supplies? Nothing ridiculous of course, but could you give me an estimate as to how much power we could tap of before it get's problematic?'

After asking this, he goes to the rec room and searches for someone to play air hockey with.

>There are outlets in the rec room with various power outputs. Just check the labeling.

You head to the rec room and stand next to the air hockey table. You start screaming "COME AT ME BROS, I'M THE AIR HOCKEY KING JESUS!"

You touch your head. Ow, you've got a bit gash in your head. Guess thats kind of to be expected after brain surgery. Beyond that though, everything looks normal; no robotic limbs at least.

Allright, I'm mostly the same as I was, thanks for your time doc.

Pancaek heads towards the armory master once more

Hello again, I was wondering if you have some sort of manual or instructual...something for this brain microwave thingy? Something to help me understand exacly how I use it, and maybe even to show me some not-so-standard tactics with it? please?

((also, are only amplifiers and synth limbs considered exotic weapons? or are there others as well?))
(Most alien artifacts are considered exotic. So you could talk to Nyars to see about getting something alieny.)

"Well, I can offer some advice if you want, but we don't have any manuals."

(Yep, that's good.  What did you mean, it'll be over quickly?)

Mesk looks around the battlefield he created and nods, satisfied.  He turns toward his troops.
"Alright men, across that valley and over that mountain is an Altered horde outnumbering us five to one.  Remember: they might be stronger, faster, and uglier than us, but we're smarter, and we're meaner, and we've got the bigger guns.  So here's the plan.
"I want three hundred of you to head west and seize the town there.  A hundred men fortify yourselves there, don't let the Altered overrun you.  Your job is to shoot anything that comes close, and force them towards the forest instead.  The rest of you, continue past the town, try and outflank the Altered, shoot 'em as they enter the forest.
"I want another hundred and fifty of you stationed along the lake shore.  I don't know if the bastards can swim, but you make sure the water's clear, and use the lack of trees to your advantage by keeping the sky clear for us too.
"Five hundred men get to hang out in the woods and deal with the main Altered force.  The guys in the town and at the lake will be funneling the entire swarm through the forest, so you'll have to be sharp.  Use the trees for cover, or set 'em on fire if you want. 
"The last fifty of you are with me.  We'll stay up on the face of the mountain and snipe the flyers, the big ones, the biggest threats the Altered are throwing at our boys in the valley.  Alright, move out.
Make sure the soldiers are all heading to their assigned positions, then grab myself a LESHO rifle and set about sniping Altered as they come over the ridge.  I'm strong and skilled enough to handle it in the sim, of course.

(And thus I've turned ER into a strategy game.)
The men look at you in silence for a few seconds before a few filter out of the ranks, point Fission instigators at the mountain in the far distance and fire. The altered, the mountain and everything within a mile and a half vanishes into ball of fire, a temporary sun. The forest near by bursts into flames and everyone says "ooooo" simultaneously. They then sit down and start playing cards.

You're beginning to think that perhaps you should have selected their equipment a little more carefully.

(You only get the card for Amps, since they have to be surgically installed.)
The armory master hands you a hand laser and a razor, taking your tokens in return. Huh. You walk out and into the hallway where the creepy man immediately assaults you. Of course, you do have a knife now...

Please?
You grab the unfortunate man and slam him into a wall, asking him again but slightly less nicely if he'd like to make a donation to the "I need some fucking money" foundation.

Do you mean something like the hover platform that milno used in the dam mission?

That's pretty much exactly what I had in mind.
You spawn a hover platform.
((Oh since everyone is clamoring for designs, mine are locked until further notice. If you need help, ask. I'm in a tube of goo in the medbay. And Piecewise, is there a point where people like me can get out before the mission ends? If not okay, but I can see the future missions taking a long time to finish, and having to wait for a month to do stuff might be a little much.))
Yeah, I figured this would end a bit faster so.

The tube drains of goo and dumps you out in the infirmary.

Please?

The blade part is about 8 inches.

(If you're looking for a sword, Jim's got one for sale: a long reiterpallasch (I don't remember what the specifics on it are, I think it takes more strength to wield but deals more damage than a normal sword) and five pounds of metal to make another one with. I usually sell the swords for one token, but since the reiterpallasch has a special effect on it I'm selling it for two... if you're interested, I mean. ^^^)

Jim headed into the armory since he had yet another random question for the Armory Master, which had been bugging him for awhile. "Pardon for intruding again. I heard somewhere the human brain can only handle three amps at a time. If this is so... is there a way to expand that number - such as perhaps an on-board AI, which I think could work with this platform of mine - or exchange one for another?" he asked, folding his overly large arms behind his back.

"The limit of three is because of two things: space in your head and interference. Each of those amps and implants takes up a set amount of surface area on your brain and three is the number that fit without overlap. And if you have overlap, you have interference. And interference is very very bad."

"Ahhhh... Why couldn't you just say so in the first place? I'm going to need a list of those points you mentioned and what they do on the human body when we are done here."

Test out my critical strike on his legs.
[med:3]
[dex:1]
You attempt a kick directly to the kneecaps in hope of breaking his joint, but end up doing the splits instead.

"I would work on your coordination if I were you. " the Doctor says, shaking his head.

(I can't quite recall... I believe 'normal' blades have no requirements, but I think the special reiterpallasch requires 9 strength if memory serves me correctly. But yeah, that'd be good. Just ask around about swords near Jim and I can try to make you one of whatever kind you'd like. ^^^)
According to your inventory
Unnamed reiterpallasch (almost 2 feet too long. Need 8 dex or -1 dex. If 8 dex, +1 str for stab)

-snip-

Denzen visibly calmed down, thinking about it. "Ok then... We have a deal."

Just a hand laser for now, no extra battery- give Gunin gets two tokens.

He mutterred quietly- "Now I need a sword..."
You hand the crazy man two tokens in the hope that he will stop molesting you.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6731 on: September 06, 2012, 11:27:59 pm »

Wandering around the ship bit, Denzen asks Steve ((In the proxmity of Serious Concentrate.)), "Do ... Do you know where I can get a sword?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Havel, The reverse prostitute
« Reply #6732 on: September 06, 2012, 11:29:44 pm »

Right, that's exactly what I had in mind.  First to clear the mess, then to get to work.

Action:  Clear all the ARSC bits out.  Scroll through available laser weaponry to look for one that's much more powerful than the standard laser rifle.  Look for the largest that would mount with a generator suitable for sustained (not necessarily continuous) fire onto the turret, leaving space for a bit of plating to cover the gunner.  Mount it to the platform, reworking the firing mechanism to be controlled from behind by someone not holding the weapon.  The mount need not swivel 360, but at least a 60-90 degree arc is needed.  Assess specs of the weapon.

((If it's not clear by now, I have a portable laser turret in mind.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Havel, The reverse prostitute
« Reply #6733 on: September 06, 2012, 11:41:03 pm »

"Yeah... No shit... You got anything else that would help?"

Try the same thing again.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6734 on: September 06, 2012, 11:46:14 pm »

Wandering around the ship bit, Denzen asks Steve ((In the proxmity of Serious Concentrate.)), "Do ... Do you know where I can get a sword?"
Grins and releases him.
Thanks.
The smile fades quickly as I turn to leave, heading back to the armoury and asking the AM to install the GAP. Remove my Mk. 1 if need be, hand over the tokens and suit and wait patiently.
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 2101