_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5935395 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #6705 on: September 06, 2012, 05:45:50 pm »

((@Radio Controlled ...Wow. Where can I get the application form?
Also, great job. Not even the Bastards have a logo or a motto :P
As for suggestions - just only one thing: could the cogwheel in the picture be changed to a symmetrical form? By constricting it back and placing the plaque with the motto directly on top of the two gorizontal cogs, or, perhaps, by expanding it even more. It is slightly unnerving that the cogwheel in question would not be functional if it were a part of a real mechanism (guess there are some oval-shaped gears out there, but those are probably quite rare). Gives, eh, the wrong message, I'm afraid  ;)

@Caellath Milno has devised that armor for the Mk III suit. I would certainly prefer if it were available as an existing option, rather than repeat the tinkering process myself. ))

((Yeah, I thought about that too, but as I said, It was done in, like, 15 minutes tops. Also, I am a horrible artist (no really, look up the term 'horrible artist' in a encyclopedia somewhere, you'll find my passport photo besides it  ;)
But seriously, this was just a placeholder of sorts, since I'm sure there are people in this forum who could draw better than me. Even so, I'll include the improved logo here (I actually made two versions, you guys decide what you like best):

United Tinkerers Logo Mk.II A
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

United Tinkerers Logo Mk.II B
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, I'll 'officially' found this thing in-game tomorrow or so, once I know how to word it. I wouldn't want to make my char pull this idea out of nowhere, would be a bit silly. ))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #6706 on: September 06, 2012, 05:48:07 pm »

((Simus will join, but only to help out others, she'll unlock designs as-needed.

Also, I do believe she already have a gear logo, maybe another as well, let me find the description I gave. I'm good with GIMP, maybe I can help out with it.

AH! Found it!
Suit/cybernetics gets painted solid black, with a silver gear on the right shoulder pauldron, with Simus' full name in dark red along the rim, and if I have a chemi-/radio-luminescent paint, use it to outline the gear and name. Left shoulder pauldron gets a pipe wrench and an open-end wrench crossed, again in silver with luminescent outline.
))
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 06:12:58 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6707 on: September 06, 2012, 06:37:55 pm »

((Simus will join, but only to help out others, she'll unlock designs as-needed.

Also, I do believe she already have a gear logo, maybe another as well, let me find the description I gave. I'm good with GIMP, maybe I can help out with it.

AH! Found it!
Suit/cybernetics gets painted solid black, with a silver gear on the right shoulder pauldron, with Simus' full name in dark red along the rim, and if I have a chemi-/radio-luminescent paint, use it to outline the gear and name. Left shoulder pauldron gets a pipe wrench and an open-end wrench crossed, again in silver with luminescent outline.
))

((Hmm, this I didn't know. Well, seeing as the logo is still up for debate, if you find/create something better, be sure to let me know. But I'll admit that cogs are a bit of an easy, obvious logo for a group that involves machines or building/modifying. Especially 'cause you can easily embed the name and motto into the design. ))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6708 on: September 06, 2012, 06:57:24 pm »

"Uh, yeah, I'd like a hand laser and a monoatomic razor. I can get those here, right?" Denzen asked AM, ignoring the creepy man behind him. After getting the card from AM, he walks over to the infirmary and asks a nurse what to do with the card.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6709 on: September 06, 2012, 07:33:01 pm »

"Uh, yeah, I'd like a hand laser and a monoatomic razor. I can get those here, right?" Denzen asked AM, ignoring the creepy man behind him. After getting the card from AM, he walks over to the infirmary and asks a nurse what to do with the card.
Wait until he walks into the hallway, then turn him around and grab him from the front, slamming him against the wall.
Please?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6710 on: September 06, 2012, 07:45:41 pm »

Do you mean something like the hover platform that milno used in the dam mission?

That's pretty much exactly what I had in mind.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6711 on: September 06, 2012, 07:48:46 pm »

((When you think about it, the HRMC really isn't all that bad, morality wise. Look at the authority figures, then compare then to what we know about the higher-ups. Steve at least is concerned about the innocent, but the government in general doesn't seem to. Really, one shouldn't rebel against Steve, but instead get him on your side.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6712 on: September 06, 2012, 07:52:06 pm »

((Then again, if somebody punches a nuclear bomb with a kinetic amplifier (at least, if it's anything like the ones we have these days), it should just fall apart.))

((I seriously doubt that the nukes here are fail-deadly. Then again, this is the UWM that made them, so they may not be fail-safe either...))

((Someone whapped themselves in the crotch repeatedly with a nuke, and PW rolled to see if it armed.  It didn't.))

((When you think about it, the HRMC really isn't all that bad, morality wise. Look at the authority figures, then compare then to what we know about the higher-ups. Steve at least is concerned about the innocent, but the government in general doesn't seem to. Really, one shouldn't rebel against Steve, but instead get him on your side.))

((Steve is pretty much unbribable though.  He's a cool dude, anyway- hard as it is to believe, he's here to help us, and probably stands to gain if we're generally successful.  He just doesn't have to like us.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6713 on: September 06, 2012, 08:00:23 pm »

((Steve is pretty much unbribable though.  He's a cool dude, anyway- hard as it is to believe, he's here to help us, and probably stands to gain if we're generally successful.  He just doesn't have to like us.))
((Who says you would have to bribe him? You would just have to make him believe in your cause. It's the same with anyone else with a conscience within the UWM.))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6714 on: September 06, 2012, 08:29:26 pm »

((AFK for a bit.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6715 on: September 06, 2012, 08:39:11 pm »

((Who says you would have to bribe him? You would just have to make him believe in your cause. It's the same with anyone else with a conscience within the UWM.))

((Ah but Steve is a computer. He was programmed to succeed at his mission at all costs. He has no conscience, nor does he need one. If he had one, he wouldn't be as effective at his job as he is now.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6716 on: September 06, 2012, 08:39:51 pm »

((Then again, if somebody punches a nuclear bomb with a kinetic amplifier (at least, if it's anything like the ones we have these days), it should just fall apart.))

((I seriously doubt that the nukes here are fail-deadly. Then again, this is the UWM that made them, so they may not be fail-safe either...))

((Someone whapped themselves in the crotch repeatedly with a nuke, and PW rolled to see if it armed.  It didn't.))

((... As I said, not quite fail-safe either.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6717 on: September 06, 2012, 08:52:18 pm »

((Oh since everyone is clamoring for designs, mine are locked until further notice. If you need help, ask. I'm in a tube of goo in the medbay. And Piecewise, is there a point where people like me can get out before the mission ends? If not okay, but I can see the future missions taking a long time to finish, and having to wait for a month to do stuff might be a little much.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6718 on: September 06, 2012, 08:54:03 pm »

((Totally calling the theme for the UT (UE? United Engineers? Sounds better to me, but whatever): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQWAcgefsQQ&feature=relmfu

And I've got an epic logo in the works.))
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 08:57:46 pm by PyroDesu »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6719 on: September 06, 2012, 08:58:07 pm »

((Ah but Steve is a computer. He was programmed to succeed at his mission at all costs. He has no conscience, nor does he need one. If he had one, he wouldn't be as effective at his job as he is now.))
((He wants to protect the innocent. That shows a conscience.))
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 2101