_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5935704 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #6690 on: September 06, 2012, 02:24:10 pm »

((
@Pancaek: I use purple for Milno's dialogues, but I kind of understand we are facing a lack of suitable colors. I guess we'd mostly need color codes from now on, although no one has claimed skyblue, gray, silver, navy and a few others.))

Sorry about that, I'll use navy from now on out, to avoid confusion.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #6691 on: September 06, 2012, 03:53:47 pm »

Smash Altered!

((Jack might shoot his teammates to survive. Might.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6692 on: September 06, 2012, 04:04:57 pm »

((In a rush of both silliness and 'creativity', I took the liberty of creating a temporary 'logo' for the United Tinkerers (working name), the guild for all those handymen out there.
I'll be 'founding' this officially as of now, free for all to join. The only two 'conditions' for joining that I'd like to propose would be open access to designs for other members, and the promise not to go steal other people's ideas or any of that bollocks.

As you can see, the logo is a sloppy picture made by me in about 10 minutes using Ms Paint, so if any of you feel like drawing a better one, do go ahead and create something more suitable.

The working name I'll be using will be 'United Tinkerers', and the motto would be 'United We Stand, Together We Mend'. Again, if you can come up with something better, don't hesitate to say, we could vote or something.

In any case, you guys let me know what you think of the idea. It probably won't have any sort of significant impact on the actual game, but it would be a great way to do some much necessary 'team building'  :P  ))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6693 on: September 06, 2012, 04:16:31 pm »

((Should I change to using a color? I wouldn't mind at all.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6694 on: September 06, 2012, 04:17:49 pm »

((@Radio Controlled: Do it in-game then.

As a forewarning, some of the tinkerers are prideful and also want to reap the rewards of their work by themselves, which I can't blame them for.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6695 on: September 06, 2012, 04:24:33 pm »

((@Radio Controlled: Do it in-game then.

As a forewarning, some of the tinkerers are prideful and also want to reap the rewards of their work by themselves, which I can't blame them for.))

((They can still reap the rewards, as in fame or token-wise, but if you work around a problem, and another guy stumbles upon the same problem in a different setting, isn't it a bit wasteful the other guy has to go through the same 'debugging' as the previous? And I could still remove those conditions if people really have a problem with it. I'm just thinking out loud really, if this whole ordeal proves superfluous or if nobody cares to join, then I'll just leave it at that.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6696 on: September 06, 2012, 04:37:22 pm »

"So you're a computer, huh? You know, that's also cool, but I gotta ask, what can you do? Aside from making me wish I was never born, that is."
Learn all about making, cleaning and, uh, placing decorative placemats. Oh, and occasionally soak up a bit of information about pipe bombs too, but make sure not to miss a thing about the placemats.
((Well, making the missions harder isn't really necessary. Of course, it would mean more artifacts for fewer survivors, resulting in some people getting richer due to being, well, not dead during the mission. But it wouldn't be as much fun if there were fewer victims for horrifying traps, obstacles and teammates nearer to the end of the mission. Plus, it would make people play cautiously, and who wants that to happen?))
(They'll get harder as the game continues regardless.)
Looks like you can make placemats out of just about anything! Leather, paper, fabric, the skin off your worthless husband's scrot-Hey why are they dragging the hostess away? Oh well.

>I can do a lot of things. Such as blow up cities. And fly. Can you fly? Didn't think so.

(( I want to make a scout bot thats shaped like a hawk since the normal drone is so weak im gonna build a much better version and add weapons later. If you have a better idea for its propulsion system then by all means :). ))
Well, that will work fine as long as it's going forward, but it's gonna have terrible aerodynamics in any other direction. That and the fact that the standard drone uses rockets so extra electrical power won't help it much. You could add larger fuel tanks though, that would work. The cameras are fine.

A doctor with a salt and pepper beard and a face like butcher's paper stretched over a bundle of coat hangers takes your card and directs you to lie down on a bed while he inserts an IV into one arm and a syringe into the other. You wake up with headache and the vague feeling time has passed, still laying in the bed. Huh.

Why does my head feel like it's hosting the world tapdancing cup? ow...jumpin' jesus on a pogo stick, what the hell happened while i was out?

Pancaek starts to focus on himself to see if anything has changed/went horribly, horribly wrong

You touch your head. Ow, you've got a bit gash in your head. Guess thats kind of to be expected after brain surgery. Beyond that though, everything looks normal; no robotic limbs at least.

Bishop points to his numb arm with a deadpan look on his face.

"How exactly is this teaching me how to fight? All I'm getting is probably nerve damage, not enlightenment."

Keep trying after I ask the doctor.

"It's to prove a point. Your attacks are random, unfocused, and sloppy. Don't just swing like a Neanderthal, aim for weaknesses, exploit the structure of your enemy, and conserve your energy. No wasted movements."

(Critical strike: You may make a med check before attacking. The result of the med check, -3, is added to the strength of the attack.)

(Considering the altered wars are nearly 1000 years old (closer to 900 at this point) I doubt you were alive, stasis pod or not.)

((Really? Too bad, seeing how my characters background was based on the idea he was detained and put in stasis awaiting the investigation in some crime he didn't really have anything seriously to do with. But do to some pencil-pusher filing away the case into the wrong drawer, he was forgotten about, stored somewhere deep in some corner in prison.
Then, when they finally did found him, releasing him would've been akin to admitting their bureaucracy had failed.
So they just decided to 'get rid' of him, by dumping him in the HMRC.  ))

"The doctor is good with manipulators, though he prefers melee. I'm good with amps though, and they're practically the same thing, just different means to the same end."

'In that case, would you have any tips regarding their effective use in combat? What method, for example, would you employ to take out far-away targets: try to heat up their brain, or create a ball of intense heat close-by and 'shooting' it as if it were a projectile?
Also, do you have any tools that make using manipulators less draining on the mind? Like, say, a computer that helps with the mathematics?'

It doesn't really matter in the long run. I mean, stasis was around back then so it is possible but stasis for a 1000 years would have some pretty terrible, usually fatal, effects. Then again, maybe it's just stasis psychosis and you're imagining it all :P

"Better to go directly internally rather then externally. Heat a sphere an inch in diameter right in the center of their brain stem and they're just as dead as if they were hit by a fireball, but their teammates won't know what happened. And that will make them scared, and scared soldiers are stupid soldiers. As per a helper, no, nothing like that."

(It would be hilarious if the difficulty spiked just for Mission 7.  And at the end the single veteran is the only one survivor, shaking his head bemusedly at nine mangled corpses.  Speaking of which, I kind of hope the sole veteran is Milno.)

Boot Duel.  Create a large wilderness map, temperate coniferous rainforest, two rugged mountains to the north and south, a small mining/logging town to the west, a deep lake to the east, and forest with the occasional log cabin in the middle of the area.
Spawn a thousand UWM troops with standard armament for a force that size, plus an armoury containing one of every standard weapon and equipment, on the north face of the southern mountain.  Reporting directly to me, of course.
Then spawn five thousand Altered on the far side of the northern mountain.

Done.

This will be over quickly. The mountains are several miles apart, is that ok?

Smash Altered!

((Jack might shoot his teammates to survive. Might.))
You leap out of the trenches and charge into the Altered, swinging your massive arms around like wrecking balls, smashing the creatures into pulp and hurling them away with ease. Some catch hold and begin to crawl over you like ants, their talons and bone blades clinking against your armor as they search for a bit of soft flesh. In front of you, something rises out of a trench; it's roughly humanoid with a mane of twisted rams horns and a snout of fangs, mostly hidden behind the mass of human corpses held in it's mouth Finely muscled arms and legs twitching with barely contained force unfurl as it stands, tilting it's head back and swallowing corpses whole. In one hand it holds some sort of debris, a metal beam, no doubt ripped from a building somewhere, with a mace head of concrete and rebar spikes still clinging to one end. It turns to face you, eyeless, and tastes the air with a dozen tongues before charging.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6697 on: September 06, 2012, 04:41:48 pm »

((@Radio Controlled: Yeah, I know what you mean. As I said, I also support sharing designs, but I wouldn't join the group...And Milno hasn't created much. :P

I did realize that long poles of cheap metal can save your life several times over, though. We should seriously adopt them as standard-issue equipment.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6698 on: September 06, 2012, 04:55:30 pm »

"Better to go directly internally rather then externally. Heat a sphere an inch in diameter right in the center of their brain stem and they're just as dead as if they were hit by a fireball, but their teammates won't know what happened. And that will make them scared, and scared soldiers are stupid soldiers. As per a helper, no, nothing like that."

'Hmm, I see. Well, thanks for your advice, I'll be sure to make good use of it. Sorry to hear about the helper though, but if you come up with anything, be sure to let me know.'

While walking toward the rec room, Miyamoto looks up and asks Steve:

'Hey Steve, would it be a big issue if us inmates tapped into the ship's power supplies? Nothing ridiculous of course, but could you give me an estimate as to how much power we could tap of before it get's problematic?'

After asking this, he goes to the rec room and searches for someone to play air hockey with.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6699 on: September 06, 2012, 04:57:15 pm »

((@Radio Controlled ...Wow. Where can I get the application form?
Also, great job. Not even the Bastards have a logo or a motto :P
As for suggestions - just only one thing: could the cogwheel in the picture be changed to a symmetrical form? By constricting it back and placing the plaque with the motto directly on top of the two gorizontal cogs, or, perhaps, by expanding it even more. It is slightly unnerving that the cogwheel in question would not be functional if it were a part of a real mechanism (guess there are some oval-shaped gears out there, but those are probably quite rare). Gives, eh, the wrong message, I'm afraid  ;)

@Caellath Milno has devised that armor for the Mk III suit. I would certainly prefer if it were available as an existing option, rather than repeat the tinkering process myself. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6700 on: September 06, 2012, 04:59:10 pm »

You touch your head. Ow, you've got a bit gash in your head. Guess thats kind of to be expected after brain surgery. Beyond that though, everything looks normal; no robotic limbs at least.

Allright, I'm mostly the same as I was, thanks for your time doc.

Pancaek heads towards the armory master once more

Hello again, I was wondering if you have some sort of manual or instructual...something for this brain microwave thingy? Something to help me understand exacly how I use it, and maybe even to show me some not-so-standard tactics with it? please?

((also, are only amplifiers and synth limbs considered exotic weapons? or are there others as well?))
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 05:01:34 pm by Pancaek »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6701 on: September 06, 2012, 05:05:49 pm »

((@Pancaek Apparently, bizarre alien weaponry, at least the thought-controlled one, also falls into that category.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6702 on: September 06, 2012, 05:14:58 pm »

((@Nikitian: Thanks for the info, let's hope I stay alive long enough to ever get my grubby paws on one of those. My guess is no though. ))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6703 on: September 06, 2012, 05:32:18 pm »

(Yep, that's good.  What did you mean, it'll be over quickly?)

Mesk looks around the battlefield he created and nods, satisfied.  He turns toward his troops.
"Alright men, across that valley and over that mountain is an Altered horde outnumbering us five to one.  Remember: they might be stronger, faster, and uglier than us, but we're smarter, and we're meaner, and we've got the bigger guns.  So here's the plan.
"I want three hundred of you to head west and seize the town there.  A hundred men fortify yourselves there, don't let the Altered overrun you.  Your job is to shoot anything that comes close, and force them towards the forest instead.  The rest of you, continue past the town, try and outflank the Altered, shoot 'em as they enter the forest.
"I want another hundred and fifty of you stationed along the lake shore.  I don't know if the bastards can swim, but you make sure the water's clear, and use the lack of trees to your advantage by keeping the sky clear for us too.
"Five hundred men get to hang out in the woods and deal with the main Altered force.  The guys in the town and at the lake will be funneling the entire swarm through the forest, so you'll have to be sharp.  Use the trees for cover, or set 'em on fire if you want. 
"The last fifty of you are with me.  We'll stay up on the face of the mountain and snipe the flyers, the big ones, the biggest threats the Altered are throwing at our boys in the valley.  Alright, move out.
Make sure the soldiers are all heading to their assigned positions, then grab myself a LESHO rifle and set about sniping Altered as they come over the ridge.  I'm strong and skilled enough to handle it in the sim, of course.

(And thus I've turned ER into a strategy game.)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6704 on: September 06, 2012, 05:45:21 pm »

((@Caellath Milno has devised that armor for the Mk III suit. I would certainly prefer if it were available as an existing option, rather than repeat the tinkering process myself. ))
((Milno's designs are unlocked. Spinal/Thomas even examined the armor idea.

And the Bastards are bastards. We do not need a logo or pretty stuff. We're like the HMRC, remember the blood as color and screams of pain as anthem from when Nikitian asked Steve about the HMRC? :P))
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 05:47:44 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 2101