_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933710 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #6675 on: September 06, 2012, 12:44:19 pm »

((50% survival rate, none will emerge unscathed.))
(I think it was mentioned a long time ago that HMRC missions have a 20% survival rate on average.  I wonder why we haven't seen that?)
((Oh, that's because piecewise has been just messing around with us, giving us all the easy missions. Mission 7, that's where the fun starts.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #6676 on: September 06, 2012, 12:47:59 pm »

"Ow. That really, really, hurt. And I wasn't going to assault anyone! I was just going to ask a perfectly reasonable question."
Timmy takes a moment to cope with the shock and stand up.
"Wait, who are you, Mr. Voice In The Sky? Are you like the Gazer or something? 'Cause that would make this the second religious experience I've had today."
He thinks for a second.
"Hey, if you're the Gazer, could you tell me what happened to this nurse?" Timmy describes the nurse (the one whose mind he entered). "Do you know where she is and if she's okay?"
Upon getting my questions answered, head back to the rec room and watch TV. Sweet, sweet TV.

>I'm just a computer. A computer with complete power over your life and death, but just a computer.

As per nurses there is one who went into shock recently and isn't talking about why, so if you have anything to do with that, I'd like you to stop mind raping the nurses.

You walk back to the rec room and flop down on the couch. You stare blankly at the screen for an indeterminate amount of time.

'Very interesting stuff, indeed.' Miyamoto muttered as he was returning the datachip.
'I'm starting to feel lucky I got locked away and forgotten in a stasis pod during all that. Probably what saved my sorry ass.
Here's your chip back.'
He said, while resting his elbows on the counter and coming a bit closer to the AM to say the following.
'Say, seeing how you are this ship's resident amp expert, you wouldn't know if there were any people here who are really good with manipulators, would you?''

Ask above.
(Considering the altered wars are nearly 1000 years old (closer to 900 at this point) I doubt you were alive, stasis pod or not.)

"The doctor is good with manipulators, though he prefers melee. I'm good with amps though, and they're practically the same thing, just different means to the same end."

You flick around till you find a show called Depleted Uranium chef, a competitive cooking show. Seems that every episode the chefs are given one heavy metal they have to make use of in the dish. Tonight is lead.
"Aaah, that's nice." Lukas puts his feet up and his hands behind his head. "Better lead than dead, he mumbles."
Watch the show.
Oh, one guy is using it as side dish with a garlic topping. Idiot, lead is sweet, you have to mix it with something to complement the taste. IT WILL CLASH! IT WILL CLASH!

Lukas jumps up in outrage. "You idiot! Why'd you choose garlic over battery acid? I can't take this much amateurism."

Lukas tries to find a channel with something educational.

You click around, looking for something that might teach you something. Oh, a do it yourself program about pipe bombs and decorative placemats.

"I'm a techie, not a soldier. I'm more used to having machines and other people kill things for me."

Try again.
[dex:4]
[Doc dex:5]
[doc str:5]
You take a swing at the Doctor's head. The doctor steps away from your blow and jabs you in the shoulder with two fingers. Your arm goes completely numb.

"Try again."

Load up a VR session.  See if I can make myself a custom scenario.

(Woo.  Reply #6666.  Now with 33% more evil!)
Duel will let you make pretty much any scenario.

The armory master hands you a plastic card after taking your tokens.

"Head to the Infirmary, just follow the signs, and give them this card, they'll handle it. "

All right, thanks

I walk to the the infirmary, taking in the unfamiliar surroundings on the way

Hello? Is there anyone here who can help me with this card? And maybe give me a regular checkup as well? I don't want any side effects from being in that stasis pod.

A doctor with a salt and pepper beard and a face like butcher's paper stretched over a bundle of coat hangers takes your card and directs you to lie down on a bed while he inserts an IV into one arm and a syringe into the other. You wake up with headache and the vague feeling time has passed, still laying in the bed. Huh.

Go back onto the VR machine and begin designing a bot in the shape of a hawk include.
"Thermal and Standard Camera systems in the eyes. Take the standard spy drones propulsion and triple it and add extra propulsion on the flanks to enable more complex maneuver's and give it more control. Input a battery 5x as powerful as the standard drone's and add a capacitor to store up extra charge to enable short bursts of speed or rapid maneuvers. Add a much more durable armored casing to the drone and then input a wireless uplink directly to my HUD"

Now, when you say in the shape of a hawk and using the Cameye's propulsion are you asking to literally make what amount to a hawk statue covered in rockets?

"Thats it. NOW IM ANGRY!"

Use anything and everythnig to kill the creature.

[con:4+1]
[con:4+1]

You fire both Plasma projectors at the shambling beast, the basketball sized globes of plasma tearing directly through the creature's center of mass and spilling out a mix of unidentifiable greenish fluid and blood. The Creature gurgles from some unseen orifice and collapses to the ground. You drop the Spent plasma projectors.

Examining the frame in greater detail, Lars frowns.  This won't do- too heavy.  Let's see what else there is.

Action:  Look through the VR catalog for some form of hover/anti-grav platform that is self-supporting and can hold additional weight.  Compare specs of ones that can hold 100, 300, and 500 pounds.  Get a reference of token price, if possible.

((Essentially a platform that can serve as a base to attach other things.  I'm thinking 4' square or so.

Also, I'm just bolding "Action" then describing it for these VR things, given that that much bold is distracting.)) 
Do you mean something like the hover platform that milno used in the dam mission?

((50% survival rate, none will emerge unscathed.))
(I think it was mentioned a long time ago that HMRC missions have a 20% survival rate on average.  I wonder why we haven't seen that?)
Survival doesn't mean perma-death but regular death. And those statistics were more in like with things like the dam mission then these ones.

however, if this isn't dangerous enough for you, I can always make it harder.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6677 on: September 06, 2012, 12:54:57 pm »

"So you're a computer, huh? You know, that's also cool, but I gotta ask, what can you do? Aside from making me wish I was never born, that is."
Learn all about making, cleaning and, uh, placing decorative placemats. Oh, and occasionally soak up a bit of information about pipe bombs too, but make sure not to miss a thing about the placemats.
((Well, making the missions harder isn't really necessary. Of course, it would mean more artifacts for fewer survivors, resulting in some people getting richer due to being, well, not dead during the mission. But it wouldn't be as much fun if there were fewer victims for horrifying traps, obstacles and teammates nearer to the end of the mission. Plus, it would make people play cautiously, and who wants that to happen?))
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 01:00:47 pm by Harry Baldman »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6678 on: September 06, 2012, 12:56:01 pm »

(( I want to make a scout bot thats shaped like a hawk since the normal drone is so weak im gonna build a much better version and add weapons later. If you have a better idea for its propulsion system then by all means :). ))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6679 on: September 06, 2012, 12:56:32 pm »

A doctor with a salt and pepper beard and a face like butcher's paper stretched over a bundle of coat hangers takes your card and directs you to lie down on a bed while he inserts an IV into one arm and a syringe into the other. You wake up with headache and the vague feeling time has passed, still laying in the bed. Huh.

Why does my head feel like it's hosting the world tapdancing cup? ow...jumpin' jesus on a pogo stick, what the hell happened while i was out?

Pancaek starts to focus on himself to see if anything has changed/went horribly, horribly wrong

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6680 on: September 06, 2012, 01:07:11 pm »

Bishop points to his numb arm with a deadpan look on his face.

"How exactly is this teaching me how to fight? All I'm getting is probably nerve damage, not enlightenment."

Keep trying after I ask the doctor.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6681 on: September 06, 2012, 01:21:17 pm »

Currently the roster for the next mission is
Jack (tavik)
Karen (Taricus)
Roger (draxis)
Timmy (harry)
Miaymoto (radio)
Cloud (Mensor)
Havel (Guninanrunin)
Denzel (doom blade)
Pancaek

With a single open spot.

Oh dearly me, if we get one more fresh body it's gonna be the Newbie mission.

Taking all bets as to survival rate.
((Assuming Gorat survives - half mission pay, rounded down, on: 1 permadeath, 3 reversible deaths, 4 mutilated bodies that receive cybernetic replacements, the other two just wounded.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6682 on: September 06, 2012, 01:27:17 pm »

((I wouldn't bet on that. After all, a nuclear bomb is along for the ride.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6683 on: September 06, 2012, 01:27:44 pm »

(Considering the altered wars are nearly 1000 years old (closer to 900 at this point) I doubt you were alive, stasis pod or not.)

((Really? Too bad, seeing how my characters background was based on the idea he was detained and put in stasis awaiting the investigation in some crime he didn't really have anything seriously to do with. But do to some pencil-pusher filing away the case into the wrong drawer, he was forgotten about, stored somewhere deep in some corner in prison.
Then, when they finally did found him, releasing him would've been akin to admitting their bureaucracy had failed.
So they just decided to 'get rid' of him, by dumping him in the HMRC.  ))

"The doctor is good with manipulators, though he prefers melee. I'm good with amps though, and they're practically the same thing, just different means to the same end."

'In that case, would you have any tips regarding their effective use in combat? What method, for example, would you employ to take out far-away targets: try to heat up their brain, or create a ball of intense heat close-by and 'shooting' it as if it were a projectile?
Also, do you have any tools that make using manipulators less draining on the mind? Like, say, a computer that helps with the mathematics?'

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6684 on: September 06, 2012, 01:35:08 pm »

(It would be hilarious if the difficulty spiked just for Mission 7.  And at the end the single veteran is the only one survivor, shaking his head bemusedly at nine mangled corpses.  Speaking of which, I kind of hope the sole veteran is Milno.)

Boot Duel.  Create a large wilderness map, temperate coniferous rainforest, two rugged mountains to the north and south, a small mining/logging town to the west, a deep lake to the east, and forest with the occasional log cabin in the middle of the area.
Spawn a thousand UWM troops with standard armament for a force that size, plus an armoury containing one of every standard weapon and equipment, on the north face of the southern mountain.  Reporting directly to me, of course.
Then spawn five thousand Altered on the far side of the northern mountain.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6685 on: September 06, 2012, 01:38:24 pm »

((Timmy will survive BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY. That includes corpse recycling. Besides, I think Milno's been on enough missions for now. Bishop should have a try. At least he'd make a better Straight Man to the crazy team members.))
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 01:43:25 pm by Harry Baldman »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6686 on: September 06, 2012, 01:43:17 pm »

((I wouldn't bet on that. After all, a nuclear bomb is along for the ride.))
((Eh, we've had a manipulator create the dampocalypse and a simple rock wound two, there's little telling how many casualties will be there on any mission anyway. Might as well have a little fun with going overboard on specifying what kinds of casualties we might get.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6687 on: September 06, 2012, 01:46:19 pm »

((Then again, if somebody punches a nuclear bomb with a kinetic amplifier (at least, if it's anything like the ones we have these days), it should just fall apart.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6688 on: September 06, 2012, 02:13:01 pm »

((Then again, if somebody punches a nuclear bomb with a kinetic amplifier (at least, if it's anything like the ones we have these days), it should just fall apart.))

((I seriously doubt that the nukes here are fail-deadly. Then again, this is the UWM that made them, so they may not be fail-safe either...))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6689 on: September 06, 2012, 02:13:45 pm »

((I've been trying to catch up to the thread and I finally did. Busy days these last ones.

@Radio Controlled: Milno stuff is already unlocked in the VR. There isn't much there, though, and he is one of the people that supports sharing designs. More durable teammates are always better than people like Faith.

@Pancaek: I use purple for Milno's dialogues, but I kind of understand we are facing a lack of suitable colors. I guess we'd mostly need color codes from now on, although no one has claimed skyblue, gray, silver, navy and a few others.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 2101