_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5934542 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #6615 on: September 05, 2012, 02:20:10 pm »

((For a moment there I really thought I was done for. Phew. Now all I have to do is remember not to use the VR until told so...
Yeah, I'm done for.))
((Fortunately, tinkering is not the only way you can get cool stuff with that special, personal feel to it. There is Honest Nyars' Dangerous Obsolete Artifact Dealership, the one stop for people unable or unwilling to make wonderful things themselves. It might not always be useful, but it's mostly Fun.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #6616 on: September 05, 2012, 02:34:45 pm »

((For a moment there I really thought I was done for. Phew. Now all I have to do is remember not to use the VR until told so...
Yeah, I'm done for.))
((Fortunately, tinkering is not the only way you can get cool stuff with that special, personal feel to it. There is Honest Nyars' Dangerous Obsolete Artifact Dealership, the one stop for people unable or unwilling to make wonderful things themselves. It might not always be useful, but it's mostly Fun.))

((I haven't read up to that point yet, but once I do, I might give it a try. But I'm gonna lay low for a while, and try not to cause a ruckus. Might try to explore the game's universe and background a bit though.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6617 on: September 05, 2012, 02:58:53 pm »

(( Just read that.
I'm really, really sorry for you. I hope Steve will forgive you soon. No one deserves that much of a punishment.
Also, that was extremely valuable information. Well, now I have a good reason why we should try overthrowing Steve and capturing the ship for ourselves: for the freedom of tampering with FMs! :P
And that still raises the question of what we could possibly find inside those black boxes... ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6618 on: September 05, 2012, 03:02:19 pm »

((I guess it's hard for us to get into manipulators because no one has figured out a Theory of Everything yet, and it's hard to change what you don't know in the first place.

Also, this pretty much wrecks a manipulator vehicle.  I have another idea, though.))

Lars nods.  "I see.  I'll hold you to that!"  He turns and heads back to the Rec Room, and jacks in to VR and selects Tinker, loading up the ARSC and viewing it in an exploded view.

((Also, speaking of Nyars, someone should try uploading one of their artifacts to VR.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6619 on: September 05, 2012, 03:06:29 pm »

(( Just read that.
I'm really, really sorry for you. I hope Steve will forgive you soon. No one deserves that much of a punishment.
Also, that was extremely valuable information. Well, now I have a good reason why we should try overthrowing Steve and capturing the ship for ourselves: for the freedom of tampering with FMs! :P
And that still raises the question of what we could possibly find inside those black boxes... ))
((I would never support the overthrowing of Steve. Despite his snarkiness and attitude towards the convicts, he's still a generally benevolent force, sort of like Milno or the AM. Definitely better than the other authorities we know of.
As to what we may find inside the black boxes - madness. Sheer, complete, unadulterated madness that will take you to the brink of your sanity, push you over it and laugh at your misfortune when all is said and done. It's probably a Class A capital offense to mess with them for very, very good reasons at least partly based on experience.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6620 on: September 05, 2012, 03:11:36 pm »

(( Just read that.

((I totally see this happening: we manage to overthrow the ship, after massive battles featuring heroic sacrifices mainly by us while fighting the AM, only to blow up half the galaxy the second we get our hands on those amps...

Still makes you wonder why they let convicted criminals use equipment with potentially catastrophic results. Not that I don't like that, of course.  :)  ))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6621 on: September 05, 2012, 03:16:48 pm »

(( Just read that.

((I totally see this happening: we manage to overthrow the ship, after massive battles featuring heroic sacrifices mainly by us while fighting the AM, only to blow up half the galaxy the second we get our hands on those amps...

Still makes you wonder why they let convicted criminals use equipment with potentially catastrophic results. Not that I don't like that, of course.  :)  ))
((One explaination, coming RIGHT up!))

Karen had remembered a key question she had forgotten to ask the AI.

"Hey Steve! The fuck are we allowed to use WMDs in the first place, especially carrying them on the ship."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6622 on: September 05, 2012, 03:19:55 pm »

((Jack's a littile bit...eccentric as you have seen.Probably from all the people who have tried to catch/kill him.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6623 on: September 05, 2012, 04:08:14 pm »

"Hey Steve! The fuck are we allowed to use WMDs in the first place, especially carrying them on the ship."

((Compared to some of the weapons this ship seems to have, a megaton charge isn't really that much of a WMD.  Even the dam incident wasn't that bad- Steve was prepared to blow up the planet over the goal artifact.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6624 on: September 05, 2012, 04:11:40 pm »

((Compared to some of the weapons this ship seems to have, a megaton charge isn't really that much of a WMD.  Even the dam incident wasn't that bad- Steve was prepared to blow up the planet over the goal artifact.))
((I thought it was "just" the, what, three closest major cities? I do remember him saying something different later, though.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6625 on: September 05, 2012, 04:28:45 pm »

I would never support the overthrowing of Steve.

(You at least have me on your side.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6626 on: September 05, 2012, 04:51:46 pm »

Shoot it with both plasma projecter

[con:1+1]
[con:1+1]
You miss with both shots and the beast catches you in another volley of bone missiles, tearing away whats left of your cloak.

"Well, shit. Uh, sorry."
Timmy stands still for a moment, looking utterly despondent and staring at nothing in particular.
"That would explain why all of our stuff doesn't run on manipulators, I guess. And I had such cool ideas on what to do with 'em, too. I mean, I never have cool ideas."
A peevish look crosses his face. He turns his attention back to the AM.
"Hey, Ms. Armory Master, are manipulators, like, magic or something? They seem pretty weird, and they run on crazy complicated and unpredictable math. Do you know where they came from? Who made them? Were they, like, reverse-engineered from wicked awesome alien stuff, or was it just some lunatic who made 'em? 'Cause if it's the second, I'd like to strangle the lunatic for being an asshole."
((Well, this has been an educational, if depressing tinkering experience.))
The armory master shrugs.

"They were first made back  about 200 years before the Altered war and as far as I know they've never explained how they work or why. I do know that they have an anti-tampering system that causes them to detonate and vaporize if you try and open them though."

She looks up.

"The rec room and Mess hall used to have a dividing wall."

She looks back down at her book.

"Probably alien, considering the secrecy, but might have been accidental. Regardless, you gotta remember the UWM doesn't exactly like giving away it's secrets; hell, they've crushed independent weapon research just to make sure they keep their technological advantage. What little evolution that has happened over the last  several hundred years has been the result of UWM research and kept exclusively for their military."

You flick around till you find a show called Depleted Uranium chef, a competitive cooking show. Seems that every episode the chefs are given one heavy metal they have to make use of in the dish. Tonight is lead.

"Aaah, that's nice." Lukas puts his feet up and his hands behind his head. "Better lead than dead, he mumbles."

Watch the show.
Oh, one guy is using it as side dish with a garlic topping. Idiot, lead is sweet, you have to mix it with something to complement the taste. IT WILL CLASH! IT WILL CLASH!

>Oh, thats the big reason they don't want you playing with them, the potentially disastrous consequences. I've convinced the powers that be are gonna give you a pass on this one, if only so they can get some use out of you before you die. But for now your VR privileges have been revoked. So don't go using the machine again till you get my permission. Because next time they will just kill you.

As per hands free, Amps are always good and failing that I believe the armory master whipped up a handfree attachment you clip onto the manipulator at some point. It's all voice activated, reads the math to you and types it in for you.

Yeah, I'm done for.))

'Huh, thanks Steve, I owe you one. Tell me if you ever need your... wetware bleached or something. Or whatever kind of maintenance you require.'

Miyamoto goes to see the AM, relieved to be living. He whistles a cheery tune.

'Hey there, I heard you developed a hands-free kit for manipulators. Can I see it, how does it work, and what would it cost? And lastly, could you tell me if we have an expert in manipulators on board?'

"Well, shit. Uh, sorry."
Timmy stands still for a moment, looking utterly despondent and staring at nothing in particular.
"That would explain why all of our stuff doesn't run on manipulators, I guess. And I had such cool ideas on what to do with 'em, too. I mean, I never have cool ideas."
A peevish look crosses his face. He turns his attention back to the AM.
"Hey, Ms. Armory Master, are manipulators, like, magic or something? They seem pretty weird, and they run on crazy complicated and unpredictable math. Do you know where they came from? Who made them? Were they, like, reverse-engineered from wicked awesome alien stuff, or was it just some lunatic who made 'em? 'Cause if it's the second, I'd like to strangle the lunatic for being an asshole."
((Well, this has been an educational, if depressing tinkering experience.))

((Seconded.))

"It's just a simple machine" The armory master says, "It has a camera, a simple computer, a mechanical method of pressing the buttons and a microphone and speaker. It reads out whats on the screen of the field manipulator and then types in whatever you tell it to. Costs about 2 tokens."

Input there specs then make a virtual model and run a full set of tests on every system and measure how long the battery would last before expiring.
"1 Upgraded laser rifle for increased damage and range.The upgrades i designed for my own rifle should suffice.
A simple design of rotating on a plane with servos to articulate the gun on a platform.
A radar operated guiding system with a visual scanner integrated.
Also on the targeting system i would like to input the electronic signature of our suits ( There systems would give off a specific signature and theoretically i could program the sentry to register that signature as friendly so it will not fire on it )
I also want voice command but not for targeting specifically but rather so i can order it to fire at will or cease fire or order it to give suppression fire on a general area rather then a specific target
Plus the direct up link into my HUD."
1x 600 TPU 120 TPU per second battery.

The test shows that the battery overloads both the rifle and the computer sections of the turret because it's output is too great for them to handle.

Yeah, I'm done for.))

((I haven't read up to that point yet, but once I do, I might give it a try. But I'm gonna lay low for a while, and try not to cause a ruckus. Might try to explore the game's universe and background a bit though.))
The computers are still open to you, as is the tv, so go for it.

((I guess it's hard for us to get into manipulators because no one has figured out a Theory of Everything yet, and it's hard to change what you don't know in the first place.

Also, this pretty much wrecks a manipulator vehicle.  I have another idea, though.))

Lars nods.  "I see.  I'll hold you to that!"  He turns and heads back to the Rec Room, and jacks in to VR and selects Tinker, loading up the ARSC and viewing it in an exploded view.

((Also, speaking of Nyars, someone should try uploading one of their artifacts to VR.))
You pull up the ARSC and explode it into it's individual parts. You end up with a massive cloud of parts, floating wires, screws, expanded rockets and armor layers all peeled away.

(( Just read that.

((One explaination, coming RIGHT up!))

Karen had remembered a key question she had forgotten to ask the AI.

>Sometimes they're the only way to get things done. Besides, do you really think we don't have precautions in place? Go ahead and try that nuke of yours and see what happens.

I would never support the overthrowing of Steve.

(You at least have me on your side.)
A Thats a fairly sizable backing considering jim is probably one of the most powerful characters around.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6627 on: September 05, 2012, 04:53:35 pm »

What do you mean? Steve just told me to get a physical, and I thought I was supposed to get one from the doc...", Denzel asked the nurse.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 05:31:55 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6628 on: September 05, 2012, 04:56:18 pm »

"Hey, I'm insane, not an idiot. I mean, if you want me to throw it at someone with the kinetic enhancer, just point out a target on the ship. Though I'd think you would be more worried about some of the more exotic stuff..."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6629 on: September 05, 2012, 05:08:06 pm »

Try a battery with half the output and test again
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 2101