_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5934256 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #6600 on: September 05, 2012, 05:28:46 am »

((That's easy: you get an amp version of the manipulator implanted into your brain. Also, your on the worst version of death row already, why worry too much about capital offences? What are they gonna do: Kill you? It's better than going on missions. The worst they will probably do is torture and maim you for a bit, possibly lock your access, and then send you back out again.

Watch out for the men in black suits. Those guys are BAD news.))

((Well, seeing as how I get a natural -2 to exotic weapons... yeah, not gonna happen. unless you enjoy the sight of suns going supernova inside people's skulls.
And I would like my char nice and unmaimed, that you very much  :) ))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #6601 on: September 05, 2012, 05:30:57 am »

((In the HMRC, not a single convict (well, except the AM) goes unmaimed. Not. A. One. And the fear of MIBs is completely unfounded. They probably have our best interests at heart, right? Right?))
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 05:32:43 am by Harry Baldman »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6602 on: September 05, 2012, 05:32:49 am »

((Just beating Steve to the punch is all. Also, sometimes getting a little maimed is better than getting killed though brain damage. The doctors can fix maimed pretty easy.

Also, Harry makes a good point. We all get maimed sooner or later, be it through missions or gene-therapy. It's gonna happen dude.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6603 on: September 05, 2012, 05:38:50 am »

(Point of honor, I was the first person horribly mutilated in this RTD, and the first casualty. And I count the horrible mutilation as a separate point because - discounting the fatality, of course -  I got my ribcage pulverized after I died. :D)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6604 on: September 05, 2012, 06:03:11 am »

((Also, it's not like Miyamoto is going to easily fit into society with that metal head and bear trap jaw. For all intents and purposes, you have already been maimed and your head-flesh will be greedily devoured by some unsuspecting fellow just across the room. Don't fear the maimings, they usually work out to your advantage in the end.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6605 on: September 05, 2012, 06:18:49 am »

"Uh, doctor, can I get a physical?"
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6606 on: September 05, 2012, 09:41:26 am »

Lars nods.

"Thank you, ma'am."  He thinks for a second.  "My name is Brother Lars.  May I ask your name?  I've only heard you referred to as the Armory Master, and going by titles seems a bit stiff and formal."

Say above.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6607 on: September 05, 2012, 10:29:50 am »

Go to the VR machine and check tests performed by other prisoners with AMPs, possible the AM. Study the tactics and try to integrate them into swordfighting with a katana.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6608 on: September 05, 2012, 11:12:40 am »

Try to help the soldiers

"Let none pass!"
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 11:22:29 am by Tavik Toth »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6609 on: September 05, 2012, 01:27:40 pm »

((Go on doom interrupt him and demand your check up. ))

Begins looking for larger battery's for the rifle and once i have found one take all previous details and build a virtual model of the sentry
Wait, didn't you say earlier that you wanted to use a 600 capacity, 20tpu a second battery to power the thing? Wouldn't that include the gun itself.

Exit VR. Head to the armory. Unobtrusively ask the armory master:
"Hi, Ms. Armory Master. Now, this might sound strange, but could I borrow one of those magnetic field manipulators? The VR won't let me mess with its user interface and stuff. I'm making something useful, honest! If you don't want to hand me a manipulator, could I at least have the computer thing that you enter the math into?"
((Next mission's going to be quite amusing, I think.))
"Messing with the manipulators without authorization is a Class A capital offense." She looks over at you, "The kind of thing you get disappeared for." She turns back to her book. "Besides, I doubt you could do anything with it. The math it asks you to solve is never repeated, even if you're doing the same thing."

Nods approvingly. I'll call it the GAP system.

Save prototype. Leave VR and head to the armoury. Return hand laser for a refund and ask the AM how much it would cost to have her install a GAP to the right shoulder of my Mk 1.
You return your hand laser and ask the Armory master about building and installing the system you created.

"Well," She says, glancing through the schematics, "Laser designator and the wiring is gonna be a token, capacitor bank is a token, motorized gimble is a token, laser rifle is two, and labor is two. So Seven."

"That's... convoluted, and just crazy enough to work!"
Do what the man said!
You've never used a the magnetic field manipulator before so you bring one up and test it out. First you move the claw a bit to the left, copying down the math it uses. Just to check you got it right, you repeat the action. The math is completely different. Thats weird. You try again with another action, but the results are the same.

"Hey Steve, why exactly won't the tinker program let me add things onto a manipulator? I figure that with just a couple simple combinations, I could imitate the results of more powerful weapons with less energy required, as well as get results more consistently."

Start a Manipulator calculations database, keep the file private for now. Spend some time honing the calculations for various heat attacks on the microwave manipulator, in particular:

1. Heating a 3 inch thin disk (with variable radius) to slice through enemies.

2. Heating a larger sphere/cube as an area attack for something like a swarm of smaller enemies that can move in 3 dimensions.

3. Heating a point/small area around a point for welding.

4. Using the manipulator to cauterize a wound.

5. Heating the boundary of a rectangle (i.e, frame of a very thick door), to melt passages through walls without leaving a puddle of molten whatever-it-is.

>Because 1. The UWM has a global ban on messing around with manipulators, and because 2.the manipulators never ask for the same math twice. To be honest with you the manipulators have always been kind of a black box; we don't know what the math they ask for relates to.

Bishop leaned back a bit from the doctor. This guy always creeped him out when he got that look. Still, he was giving him the offer he wanted...

"Uhhh... Yeah, I guess that's a good place to start as any. Just don't kill or maim me too mu-"

He stopped and looked at the scars on his arm for a second.

"Actually, I guess that's not much of a problem for me now... So yeah, when do we start?"
"I suppose we should go in back." The doctor says, turning on his heel and leading you into the back of the infirmary. After several minutes of wandering the maze of doors and halls he guides you into a large, almost gymnasium like room.

"To kill or just incapacitate?" He asks walking into the middle of the room, "Which would you like to learn?"

Lukas takes the remote and attempts to change the channel to a cooking channel.
You flick around till you find a show called Depleted Uranium chef, a competitive cooking show. Seems that every episode the chefs are given one heavy metal they have to make use of in the dish. Tonight is lead.

((Damn, I'm boned, aren't I? Oh well, nothing to do about it now.))

Exit VR.

'Class A Capital offense? Doesn't sound very good, not at all.
Hey Steve, sorry 'bout the modifying manipulators thing, didn't know it was a crime to mess with their internal workings.
I actually thought they were locked off 'cause you guys figured we wouldn't understand it anyway, and would create catastrophic failures like the dam incident.
I only really wanted to access the data input needed for the calculations. But, knowing it's a rather big crime to try so, I'm gonna stop tampering with these things, honestly.
That being said, would you know of any other way to turn these manipulators into something that can be used hands-free?'

Tell this to Steve or the AM (or anybody else who comes after me).

>Oh, thats the big reason they don't want you playing with them, the potentially disastrous consequences. I've convinced the powers that be are gonna give you a pass on this one, if only so they can get some use out of you before you die. But for now your VR privileges have been revoked. So don't go using the machine again till you get my permission. Because next time they will just kill you.

As per hands free, Amps are always good and failing that I believe the armory master whipped up a handfree attachment you clip onto the manipulator at some point. It's all voice activated, reads the math to you and types it in for you.

"Uh, doctor, can I get a physical?"
The doctor appears to have wandered off with that other guy. Aw. You find the nearest nurse and ask her about getting a physical from the doctor. She informs you that someone was playing a very mean, potentially life altering, joke on you. Huh, wonder what that means.

Lars nods.

"Thank you, ma'am."  He thinks for a second.  "My name is Brother Lars.  May I ask your name?  I've only heard you referred to as the Armory Master, and going by titles seems a bit stiff and formal."

Say above.
"When you survive 10 missions, I'll tell you my name as a going away present." The armory master says, flipping to another page.

Go to the VR machine and check tests performed by other prisoners with AMPs, possible the AM. Study the tactics and try to integrate them into swordfighting with a katana.
By tests do you just mean anything they simulated that had to do with the amps?

Try to help the soldiers

"Let none pass!"
[dex:6+1] You grab handfuls of altered and men together, crushing them in your fists and flinging them over your shoulder. In the end it looks like there are more dead altered then men and the trench, at least around you, is clear. Well...good enough. You're in the middle of mentally assuring yourself that your murder was totally alright when spray of razor sharp bone shards several feet long slams into you from the side. Most are deflected by your cloak but some hit solidly and tear parts of the ballistic fabric apart.

You turn toward the source of the volley and find that the massive beast is back on it's feet and is firing shards of bone from tumorous pustules all over it's body.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6610 on: September 05, 2012, 01:41:31 pm »

Shoot it with both plasma projecter

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6611 on: September 05, 2012, 01:42:11 pm »

"Well, shit. Uh, sorry."
Timmy stands still for a moment, looking utterly despondent and staring at nothing in particular.
"That would explain why all of our stuff doesn't run on manipulators, I guess. And I had such cool ideas on what to do with 'em, too. I mean, I never have cool ideas."
A peevish look crosses his face. He turns his attention back to the AM.
"Hey, Ms. Armory Master, are manipulators, like, magic or something? They seem pretty weird, and they run on crazy complicated and unpredictable math. Do you know where they came from? Who made them? Were they, like, reverse-engineered from wicked awesome alien stuff, or was it just some lunatic who made 'em? 'Cause if it's the second, I'd like to strangle the lunatic for being an asshole."
((Well, this has been an educational, if depressing tinkering experience.))
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 01:50:20 pm by Harry Baldman »

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6612 on: September 05, 2012, 01:58:35 pm »

You flick around till you find a show called Depleted Uranium chef, a competitive cooking show. Seems that every episode the chefs are given one heavy metal they have to make use of in the dish. Tonight is lead.

"Aaah, that's nice." Lukas puts his feet up and his hands behind his head. "Better lead than dead, he mumbles."

Watch the show.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6613 on: September 05, 2012, 02:12:38 pm »

>Oh, thats the big reason they don't want you playing with them, the potentially disastrous consequences. I've convinced the powers that be are gonna give you a pass on this one, if only so they can get some use out of you before you die. But for now your VR privileges have been revoked. So don't go using the machine again till you get my permission. Because next time they will just kill you.

As per hands free, Amps are always good and failing that I believe the armory master whipped up a handfree attachment you clip onto the manipulator at some point. It's all voice activated, reads the math to you and types it in for you.

((For a moment there I really thought I was done for. Phew. Now all I have to do is remember not to use the VR until told so...
Yeah, I'm done for.))

'Huh, thanks Steve, I owe you one. Tell me if you ever need your... wetware bleached or something. Or whatever kind of maintenance you require.'

Miyamoto goes to see the AM, relieved to be living. He whistles a cheery tune.

'Hey there, I heard you developed a hands-free kit for manipulators. Can I see it, how does it work, and what would it cost? And lastly, could you tell me if we have an expert in manipulators on board?'

"Well, shit. Uh, sorry."
Timmy stands still for a moment, looking utterly despondent and staring at nothing in particular.
"That would explain why all of our stuff doesn't run on manipulators, I guess. And I had such cool ideas on what to do with 'em, too. I mean, I never have cool ideas."
A peevish look crosses his face. He turns his attention back to the AM.
"Hey, Ms. Armory Master, are manipulators, like, magic or something? They seem pretty weird, and they run on crazy complicated and unpredictable math. Do you know where they came from? Who made them? Were they, like, reverse-engineered from wicked awesome alien stuff, or was it just some lunatic who made 'em? 'Cause if it's the second, I'd like to strangle the lunatic for being an asshole."
((Well, this has been an educational, if depressing tinkering experience.))

((Seconded.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6614 on: September 05, 2012, 02:20:06 pm »

Input there specs then make a virtual model and run a full set of tests on every system and measure how long the battery would last before expiring.
"1 Upgraded laser rifle for increased damage and range.The upgrades i designed for my own rifle should suffice.
A simple design of rotating on a plane with servos to articulate the gun on a platform.
A radar operated guiding system with a visual scanner integrated.
Also on the targeting system i would like to input the electronic signature of our suits ( There systems would give off a specific signature and theoretically i could program the sentry to register that signature as friendly so it will not fire on it )
I also want voice command but not for targeting specifically but rather so i can order it to fire at will or cease fire or order it to give suppression fire on a general area rather then a specific target
Plus the direct up link into my HUD."
1x 600 TPU 120 TPU per second battery.

Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 2101